criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Get Ready to Visit the Outer Rim

Prev1
Sledgehammer70
914 posts Member
edited March 2016
rendition1.img.jpg

Tomorrow we are launching another major game update as we prepare for the launch of our first digital expansion pack, Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Outer Rim. Season Pass owners can access Outer Rim immediately tomorrow as part of their 2-week early access perk, while players who wish to purchase the pack standalone for $14.99 can start playing on April 5, 2016.

But tomorrow’s game update isn’t just for Season Pass owners. All Star Wars Battlefront players will enjoy another round of new features and content that will work with the base game, including Hutt Contracts, Spectator Mode, an increased Level Cap and more tuning changes made based on community feedback.

A quick word about how tomorrow’s update will work:
  • All players will download the same game update, an 8GB download, whether you own Season Pass or not.
  • For Season Pass owners, the Outer Rim-exclusive content will be activated and accessible as soon as players grab a small unlock file from the PlayStation Store, Xbox One Store or through Origin.
  • For all other players, downloading this content will allow you to enjoy all of the free content we are making available for all players, while also making sure that your experience playing with Season Pass owners remains smooth.

Please make sure you have at least 8GB of available hard drive space before downloading the update.

Remember, game updates will roll out at different times depending on your platform and your region as always. We look forward to seeing you in the Outer Rim!
Thanks
Sledgehammer70
Star Wars Battlefront Community Guy

Replies

• Excited to see the Changelog! I always find it interesting to read through all the new changes.
  • kn05is
    56 posts Member
    Amazing! And thank you for these details and this expansion looks incredible!! Will we be seeing a more detailed list of changes (star card, weapons, etc..) with this update tomorrow?
  • Seriously? 8 GB? I don't even want this DLC, it will take years to download...
  • So hyped for this! Can't wait to see the change log, too!
    "All wings report in."
  • Playlisting and autoballancing are really going to be great additions to the game. Super excited!!
  • Bravo! My highlight of the Summer holidays (Asia)!
  • CargoBuddy
    251 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Seriously? 8 GB? I don't even want this DLC, it will take years to download...

LOL! Now someone is mad because there is too much content.
  • can't wait :) set up xbox to auto download so I can play as soon as possible :)
    star_wars_tag_by_krilce.png
  • What small unlock file do you speak of?
  • Will season pass holders download more than 8gb than non season pass holders?
  • will people who don't have season pass be able to play with people who have season pass?
  • How would that work out if they could? Greedo and Niem Num appear on one screen and not on another in the same game?
  • Seriously? 8 GB? I don't even want this DLC, it will take years to download...

LOL Just leave your PS4, or PC, or Xbox in Rest mode instead of turning it off completely. It will download and update while you are still sleeping the night away.
  • Please don't fracture the already flailing PC version's population with poorly choiced DLC segregation. I really hope you guys have thought this through, a number of people think this will destroy matchmaking further then it already is - I hope this is not the case.
    --i7-5960X OC @ 4.4 Ghz--G.SKILL DDR4 16GB--SLI EVGA ACX 2.0 FTW GTX970--
  • NightFury wrote: »
    What small unlock file do you speak of?

Yes, I agree, I have no idea how to get/buy this "unlock file" if someone could help that would be great, but if not I will wait for the community to post information and videos on it, please help

Yes, I agree, I have no idea how to get/buy this "unlock file" if someone could help that would be great, but if not I will wait for the community to post information and videos on it, please help

He actually did tell you where it is and you should already know the rest.read his post again
  • Lee Harvey Oswald shot first.

He actually did tell you where it is and you should already know the rest.read his post again

I know, thanks for telling though, I contacted sledgehammer70 and he told me that the unlock file will be out at 5:00 or later, hype!

• Oops, 5:00 am
  • imnebuddy
    11 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    DDBANN wrote: »
    How would that work out if they could? Greedo and Niem Num appear on one screen and not on another in the same game?
    Well, you could still have the characters appear on both screens, but the computer without the DLC just can't play as the characters.
  • What if there is only 2 people with the dlc in the same game, 1 on either team, will they be stuck playing as Niem Num or Greedo, that would get annoying.
  • gibbyfett
    42 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    In Heros vs. Villains
  • Awesome can't wait to play tomorrow night when I get home.
  • Look forward to this! :smiley:
  • I cant wait for this!!!!!
  • Will NZ get the update with Asia or the EU?
  • Its currently 12:18am here in the US. I stayed up late thinking this DLC would be out exactly at 12 midnight! I want to play as the new people and explore the new areas. DICE/EA Please release DLC! I'm really excited for it!
  • Nevermind, I found it it will be downloaded at 2AM in the US on the ps4. Answered my own question.
  • looking forward to it - but also i am affraid of further player base fragmentation
  • Oh yeah,,how many maps and modes are there?
    May The Force Be With You.
  • Oh yeah,,how many maps and modes are there?

I hope they picked iconic heroes!
  • Super excited...hopefully all is ready for me when I get off work. :smiley:
  • So the people that havent purchased the season pass, how much do they miss out on when they get the dlc in april?
  • man I'm hella AMPED!! Bring On #OuterRim
    blood_moon_by_ctreuse109-d8dnr8j.png
  • Those without fast download speeds... Have your console in "Rest Mode" it does give the download abit of a boost
  • Just went through the changelog. Now I'm super hyped! Lots of much needed fixes and excellent improvements. I can't wait to give 'em a go!
    "All wings report in."
  • kilpikonna09
    17 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Seriously? 8 GB? I don't even want this DLC, it will take years to download...

So you don't want the new content ... we send it for you by email or something? If your PS4 hard drive is 500 GB ... so why you need that much space?

• BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    Just went through the changelog. Now I'm super hyped! Lots of much needed fixes and excellent improvements. I can't wait to give 'em a go!

Changelog link? Please <3
  • Farad48
    298 posts Member
    Waiting for April 5th
  • 08.00-10-00 AM ... is this UK time?
  • considering the small player base: selling the 2 weeks period it takes to get non-season pass dlc buyers in as an advantage is quite bold/taunting/mean.

• Can someone help my son out please ? How does he go about getting this downloaded, He already has the season pass he bought that with the game when it first came out, I have seen something saying he needs to go to the store to unlock it but cannot find anything, pls help hes only 11 and getting rather stressed out.
    Thanks
  • JEDI_RUFF
    610 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Can someone help my son out please ? How does he go about getting this downloaded, He already has the season pass he bought that with the game when it first came out, I have seen something saying he needs to go to the store to unlock it but cannot find anything, pls help hes only 11 and getting rather stressed out.
    Thanks

you'll have to wait for thee season pass early access DLC to go LIVE then he'll be able to what platform is he currently on? let me know what platform is your son gaming on and what country your currently located at so I'll be able to let you guys know when the early access for season pass will go live
  • So we dont have outer rim maps in walker,supermancy, turning points?
  • Can someone help my son out please ? How does he go about getting this downloaded, He already has the season pass he bought that with the game when it first came out, I have seen something saying he needs to go to the store to unlock it but cannot find anything, pls help hes only 11 and getting rather stressed out.
    Thanks

I believe that if he has already the Season Pass. He actually will get all the content after release. That's why the Season Pass is sending him to the store, because the content is not already released.

Note that there will be four expansion packs that will be releasing in this year. First is today 22th. second is on summer, third is on fall and finally the last one is TBA as far as I know. The theme of the fourth expansion pack is unknown as for the moment.

As for today. Your son should be ready to play the new content [First expansion DLC from all four] at the hour of release. If that is not the case, maybe the Season Pass needs to be activated via a code that you guys got with the box, or maybe in your receipt of purchase if it was bought physically. This could not be the situation if your son pre-ordered the ultimate edition which has both instantly added to his account via online on Origin.

I hope to have helped you. If no, try to contact customer support.
  • DonZbiki wrote: »
    So we dont have outer rim maps in walker,supermancy, turning points?

Outer Rim DLC is Close Quarters based/focused
  • 9:15am GMT still no sign of the DLC to download!
  • Where can i download the little file for the DLC? Because when i go to origin there is nothing to be found. do we need to wait for 1PM UTC to get the file?
  • No games?
    can't find any games yet for outer rim (UK)
  • DLC will be available between 14.00 & 15.00 Europe Time.
This discussion has been closed.