criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

"Disrupter Rifle"... what is this?

Cyonyde
253 posts Member
I just got killed by a "Disrupter Rifle". The on-screen effect was a big blue lightning ball.

What is this? I don't see this particularly named item in the list of star cards and I don't see it by name in the Hutt Contracts.

Replies

• Battle pickup
  • Hooboy
    278 posts Member
    It's the new weapon you pick up as a power-up.
  • It's like the BFG-9000 of Battlefront. You have a chance to get it by picking up the powerup. The chance to get it seems very high in the Outter Rim playlist. It has a long charge time but it's pretty sweet.
  • I pray that there is an equal chance in TP for that. The constant Thermal Imploder barrage + that for rebels only would suck.
  • Cyonyde
    253 posts Member
    I got hit with it on Sullust Turning Point. First round of objectives. Some rebel coming up the hill by the hangar hit me with it.
  • Cyonyde
    253 posts Member
    I've now had the chance to use this new power-up a few times. What do you guys think about it? I've not had too much success with it. It seems to generate this huge area of effect explosion, but if you don't land a precise hit with it, it doesn't kill anyone. Also, the charge time seemingly takes forever! I think I've died firing this thing more than the number of kills it has earned me.
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    Does nobody take the time to read patch notes or stickies in this forum?
    The greatest teacher, failure is.

• It's an anti-vehicle pickup that also works against infantry. You have to land it exactly on target to kill infantry though.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Cyonyde wrote: »
    I just got killed by a "Disrupter Rifle". The on-screen effect was a big blue lightning ball.

What is this? I don't see this particularly named item in the list of star cards and I don't see it by name in the Hutt Contracts.

Nah BFG9000 is WAAAAY more powerful than that gun.
  • Its something you die trying to charge and fire.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Blazur wrote: »

No. Not at all. Look how many "OMGOSH LOST CREDITS!" posts we had. There were a few right on top of each other.

• Cyonyde
    253 posts Member
    I kept getting this drop on Tatooine Turning Point (rebel side) during the last objective. There were NO vehicles and hadn't been any vehicles for quite some time. If this is an anti-vehicle drop, it would be nice if the game stopped putting these into the rotation if there are no vehicles! For the particular game in question , it would have been far more helpful to have some thermal imploders or orbital strikes instead of an an anti-vehicle gun with nothing to shoot at!
  • Or add some vehicles.

• Practically a pulse cannon on steroids over 9000. It's a pick up and it's awesome
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member

It's an anti-vehicle pickup that also works against infantry. You have to land it exactly on target to kill infantry though.

That's amazing.

I haven't been able to use it on a vehicle yet. Infantry is really hard to get with it. Between the small radius and the charge time. Such a sweet blaster though.
    May the force be with you.
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    tankertoad wrote: »
    No. Not at all. Look how many "OMGOSH LOST CREDITS!" posts we had. There were a few right on top of each other.

Every day I visit these forums I lose faith in humanity.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    The disrupter also take out shields pretty good.
    Took down Leias shield in one hit. I'm pretty sure that's what I experienced.
  • I don't think it does that much to vehicles. I know with the walkers firing at the "sweet spot" netted me 85.
  • Don't waste time shooting it T-47s with this unless maybe they are right in your face. The shot falls off and is very slow. It would be a total luck shot to take down a T-47 with this thing.
  • Blazur wrote: »

In Updates, Feedback-Weapons, and General Discussion, I found no info on this power-up other than the patch notes saying it is a new power-up.

If the info is written somewhere, it is not easy to find. Also, what about the many players who never visit the forums?

• A disruptor rifle was a vicious and devastating weapon that disintegrated its target. It tore apart its victim at the molecular level, destroying their body tissues and bypassing most sorts of personal energy shields.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Disruptor_rifle
  • I'm also pretty sure it fries people when they're inside the shield (both types)
  • I've nailed a low flying t47. Also the disruptor FRIES ATSTs.
  • modulair wrote: »
    A disruptor rifle was a vicious and devastating weapon that disintegrated its target. It tore apart its victim at the molecular level, destroying their body tissues and bypassing most sorts of personal energy shields.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Disruptor_rifle

Well, that would take too long for the kill, and disturb the whiners and cry babies.
    "Hello, Bart."
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    It sucks for infantry and the charge up is horrible. You need to wait 3 seconds hope people dont see you and then hit them when right in the dead center of the circle bar. Wish the radius was bigger. All that lighting display is for nothing and people just laugh it off like its fireworks.
  • Not a huge fan of it overall but did get a triple kill and took down a AT-ST with it. Also got nada and been killed trying to charge it. Will have to try it against air vehicles.
  • Cyonyde wrote: »
    I've now had the chance to use this new power-up a few times. What do you guys think about it? I've not had too much success with it. It seems to generate this huge area of effect explosion, but if you don't land a precise hit with it, it doesn't kill anyone. Also, the charge time seemingly takes forever! I think I've died firing this thing more than the number of kills it has earned me.

Aim for the feet. Great to use while jump packing...reminds me of the bowcaster...*sniff*