criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Problems they need to fix ASAP in this DLC.

So there's a lot of people raging about this new DLC I thought I would compile some of the issues and a few things I personally don't like about the new DLC and Outer Rim. Hopefully the developers can see this for more info and insight and make the appropriate changes.

I'll start on some positives having played the new game mode and used both heroes a few times.
I have to say that despite Nein Numb being anywhere near a good choice of new hero, he is FUN to play. I thought Greedo was a good choice and he seems cool as well, the style of play with both these heroes is fast paced and exciting. The new game mode is cool, and will take a few rounds to get the hang of but I believe it will be rewarding and one of the best games modes yet.

Now onto the 3 MAJOR ISSUES. (i'm going to make them short and sharp and let you all discuss them).
These issues might not be happening for everyone but I have certainly experienced them.

1. People are already level 60.

2. The game crashes after finishing any game mode and rewards no credits.

3. The playlists don't seem to be finding any games. They go from finding 50% to 10% in about 3-4 seconds.

The new menu system is very poorly designed. The playlists are a good idea but its just not working. They need to go back to old multiplayer menu and have the playlists as a option to go into, not the main way to play the game. People cant seem to play the mode they want either.

Overall very annoying and disappointing, I was hoping this DLC would have improvements, as it can be hard enough to find a game as it is, people have complained about that, but they have just made it more complicated.

I would expect the developers to fix these problems ASAP.
Theres more issues I know, so if you would like to add them here then i'll edit my this post and add more points.

Replies

• havoksolo, I think you've pointed out some real issues with the update. I'd like to add that the re-balancing ruins the dynamic of competition. You join a match and maybe your team loses, but you know you've got a chance to take on the same (for the most part) opposing team--sometimes you redeem yourself, sometimes you don't but matchmaking seems completely broken. It's upsetting for a game that is 95% multiplayer and ruins any sense of accomplishment against good opposing teams.
  • havoksolo, I think you've pointed out some real issues with the update. I'd like to add that the re-balancing ruins the dynamic of competition. You join a match and maybe your team loses, but you know you've got a chance to take on the same (for the most part) opposing team--sometimes you redeem yourself, sometimes you don't but matchmaking seems completely broken. It's upsetting for a game that is 95% multiplayer and ruins any sense of accomplishment against good opposing teams.
    I see what you are saying, but more often than that there is a team that is getting steamrolled by the other every single time. It doesn't happen quite as often in the bigger modes, but it was definetly an issue in the smaller modes. Too often in HvV, for me, it turned out to be one team dominating, with the other maybe winning one round. Dominating one match after another or losing again and again can get boring/frustrating.
  • I haven't played enough to notice the re-balancing yet, it sounded like a positive thing. But i'll try find out.

The game crashes for me after I finish any game mode I think is a bug because I'm level 60. So i'm not playing the game until these issues have been resolved unfortunately, there's no point having to restart the game every time a game finishes.
  • could be,alot of ppl are still downloadin updates too,
  • Having the same credits issue. So far, its the only bug I really don't like.
  • havoksolo wrote: »
    So there's a lot of people raging about this new DLC I thought I would compile some of the issues and a few things I personally don't like about the new DLC and Outer Rim. Hopefully the developers can see this for more info and insight and make the appropriate changes.

I'll start on some positives having played the new game mode and used both heroes a few times.
    I have to say that despite Nein Numb being anywhere near a good choice of new hero, he is FUN to play. I thought Greedo was a good choice and he seems cool as well, the style of play with both these heroes is fast paced and exciting. The new game mode is cool, and will take a few rounds to get the hang of but I believe it will be rewarding and one of the best games modes yet.

Now onto the 3 MAJOR ISSUES. (i'm going to make them short and sharp and let you all discuss them).
    These issues might not be happening for everyone but I have certainly experienced them.

1. People are already level 60.

2. The game crashes after finishing any game mode and rewards no credits.

3. The playlists don't seem to be finding any games. They go from finding 50% to 10% in about 3-4 seconds.

The new menu system is very poorly designed. The playlists are a good idea but its just not working. They need to go back to old multiplayer menu and have the playlists as a option to go into, not the main way to play the game. People cant seem to play the mode they want either.

Overall very annoying and disappointing, I was hoping this DLC would have improvements, as it can be hard enough to find a game as it is, people have complained about that, but they have just made it more complicated.

I would expect the developers to fix these problems ASAP.
    Theres more issues I know, so if you would like to add them here then i'll edit my this post and add more points.

are the hero's in missions??hero battles??i know the guns are,
  • havoksolo wrote: »
    I haven't played enough to notice the re-balancing yet, it sounded like a positive thing. But i'll try find out.

The game crashes for me after I finish any game mode I think is a bug because I'm level 60. So i'm not playing the game until these issues have been resolved unfortunately, there's no point having to restart the game every time a game finishes.

and you can still somewhat access the old style mp menu,click on full list(or something like that)and it brings up the menu of modes,then maps,
  • Syon
    41 posts Member
    Yes, besides those bugs I'm all in for getting back the old menu UI or rework this one. Sure, I can get use to it but why not making it... better?
  • I feel the need to rescind my comment above.

I don't think enough people had updated, but I got a chance to get back to Battlefront last night and on about six or seven 40 player matches, I experienced little (or no) re-balancing and my team (with much better players than myself) swept all the matches. I actually kind of got bored with it and switched over to Extraction. I would like to add that when playing Extraction, it is extremely frustrating to be kicked into a HvV match afterwards.

If I wanted to play HvV, I'd choose to do so.
  • Yes, the mixed playlist was the worst decision made in this DLC.
    Let players choose what mode they want to play and just cycle the levels in that mode. Just like the way the vanilla maps work.
  • Yeah I agree, hate the mixed playlists.... Really hope they get rid of them
  • I've had the credit problems as well.

A HUGE PROBLEM I've been facing is after a match, any match, I've noticed that My Score points don't transfer to my main menu and I have had to play level 52 twice. Is anybody else experiencing Score problems?
  • TaleTraveler
    3 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I have had to play level 52 twice. Is anybody else experiencing Score problems?

Yes. Same level too. Had hit 53 and got bumped back to 52.
  • I would be at level 60 by now if my credits and level wasn't constantly reset to 50.
  • I reached level 53 twice in two games. Like the first game didn't register.
  • YomaMa
    56 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I'm 384 credits away from 54. Think I'll stop playing.
  • Does anyone have any idea when this will be fixed? It's extremely aggravating when you pay for something and you don't receive it. Would be nice to use the new guns but hutt contracts don't seem to be working