criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Bring back 16 player drop zone!

This is one of my favourite modes... It works well with 8v8 it's crazy, chaotic fast paced and amazing because of that!!! Why make it 6v6??? Because of the lame playlists that everyone also hate!!!!

Bring back 8v8 ASAP!!! Who liked this game mode before this update??!!

Replies

• havoksolo wrote: »
    This is one of my favourite modes... It works well with 8v8 it's crazy, chaotic fast paced and amazing because of that!!! Why make it 6v6??? Because of the lame playlists that everyone also hate!!!!

Agreed. I didn't play drop zone too often, but it definetly isn't as much fun now. 8v8 was the perfect amount for drop zone, now it's not as enjoyable.
  • Sb2432
    2605 posts Member
    havoksolo wrote: »

I liked it!:D
  • Agree also...

It's my most played mode and favorite mode...In no way did it need to be changed.

This is just another one of those head scratching moves and a nerf wrecking something that was just fine.

The mode played great at 8 versus 8 and the change to 6 on 6 has definitely slowed the paced down while making it tougher to take pods. I mean, if you team is grouped around the pod and you take out a couple guys, it's pretty much a sure capture.

I played quite a few games last night where I actually had to check during the game to see if players on the other team were still in or if they quit...And I was surprised to be finding the other team did indeed have a full team.....They were just spawned on the other side of the map and had no chance.

Basically, what I started doing was just giving up on pods if I died and trying to guess where the next one would come down so I could take it. And there were many times I took one and the time was virtually out before anybody got there.

The mode definitely doesn't play as well as it did.

Why not when they re-organized the main screen could they not have just had a large modes circle, a small modes circle and a heroes circle? Then in the smaller modes they could've had droid run, cargo, drop zone, etc, etc and left them as they were.

I suppose maybe it's a server issue or something...I don't know.

It's frustrating though.
  • Yes 8v8
  • 6v6 is probably fine for dune sea, jawa refuge, rebel depot, but some of the other ones the spawns can be ugly and it takes forever to get back to the pod. I kinda liked the 8v8 chaos at times also.
  • BassGSX35
    1139 posts Member
    I don't understand what went through their minds on changing this in the first place it was fine the way it was before the update.
  • I didn't think it would slow the game down as much but having 4 less players has really dulled it down.
    ฯGreatVegetableฯ

• tts42572 wrote: »
    Agree also...

It's my most played mode and favorite mode...In no way did it need to be changed.

This is just another one of those head scratching moves and a nerf wrecking something that was just fine.

The mode played great at 8 versus 8 and the change to 6 on 6 has definitely slowed the paced down while making it tougher to take pods. I mean, if you team is grouped around the pod and you take out a couple guys, it's pretty much a sure capture.

I played quite a few games last night where I actually had to check during the game to see if players on the other team were still in or if they quit...And I was surprised to be finding the other team did indeed have a full team.....They were just spawned on the other side of the map and had no chance.

Basically, what I started doing was just giving up on pods if I died and trying to guess where the next one would come down so I could take it. And there were many times I took one and the time was virtually out before anybody got there.

The mode definitely doesn't play as well as it did.

Why not when they re-organized the main screen could they not have just had a large modes circle, a small modes circle and a heroes circle? Then in the smaller modes they could've had droid run, cargo, drop zone, etc, etc and left them as they were.

I suppose maybe it's a server issue or something...I don't know.

It's frustrating though.

Yeah I agree 100%! I'm on my phone so made the description short, but you went more into more detail and its exactly what I was thinking! hopefully they see this and change it back in the April update.
  • leftweet
    2216 posts Member
    My big issue with 6v6 is that one good player can completely change the complexion. It's a whole lot easier to take out four players guarding a pod than six. Then its easier to hold down a pod as waves are smaller and slower. Personally, if they had to change something, I would've liked to see them make all the small modes 8v8, like they did with the Outer Rim playlist. I don't play much cargo or droid run, so I'm not sure if the really small maps would support more players on those modes (although Blast is 10v10 and does fine).
    I write things for The Star Wars Game Outpost
  • I agree with that...would've been better to make them all 8 on 8.
    leftweet wrote: »
    My big issue with 6v6 is that one good player can completely change the complexion. It's a whole lot easier to take out four players guarding a pod than six. Then its easier to hold down a pod as waves are smaller and slower. Personally, if they had to change something, I would've liked to see them make all the small modes 8v8, like they did with the Outer Rim playlist. I don't play much cargo or droid run, so I'm not sure if the really small maps would support more players on those modes (although Blast is 10v10 and does fine).

• fyrefox46
    2787 posts Member
    tts42572 wrote: »
    I agree with that...would've been better to make them all 8 on 8.

Cargo wouldnt play well 8v8. I feel for you drop zone guys though and hope it goes back until its absolutely necessary to start sticking base game modes in playlists, which will hopefully be more appealing by then somehow.
  • theSevered
    446 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Signed and 100% agree! I have a topic about this too, the more the merrier!
  • Bump! Anyone else agree on this??
  • screw 16, make it 40 player mode.
  • OldGuy
    57 posts Member
    Agreed
  • Eas
    1 posts Member
    I agree drop zone was one of my favs but it now lacks luster. Please take it back to the good old cluster of hell it used to be. :)
  • Deerber
    766 posts Member
    +1. It's my favorite mode alongside blast, and now that I've played quite a bit lost patch I have to say that I vastly prefer the 8v8 chaos.
  • I think everyone agrees that the 8v8 is far better, haven't heard anyone disagree. Hope it changes next patch!
  • Thorwindz
    96 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    This is my most played mode, like 90% of almost 300hours. Well not anymore, playing blast now, love the new maps btw. And yes bring back 8vs8. The only reason it was shafted was cause the 12 player playlist...
  • +1 Agreed 100% bring back 8v8
  • +1

Change it back asap!
  • I really don't understand why they don't make polls, or at least start discussions about these changes before just going ahead and making them. It really seems like the devs underestimate our knowledge of the subjects, we may not be game designers but we know what we like better than anyone else. Why not ask us?
  • I really don't understand why they don't make polls, or at least start discussions about these changes before just going ahead and making them. It really seems like the devs underestimate our knowledge of the subjects, we may not be game designers but we know what we like better than anyone else. Why not ask us?
  • Sbroffage
    737 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    For grouping reasons I'd propose 10v10.

So we'd have:
    20v20 - Walker assault, supremacy, turning point
    10v10 - Blast, Drop Zone, FS
    6v6 - Droid Run, Cargo, HvV, Hero Hunt.
  • FS should never be dumped with anything, except maybe the death star dlc. Blast and drop are fairly similar but everyone will bail on FS and vice versa. I kinda feel the same about HvV today after a match last night lasted the better part of an hour too. Draw rules in that....
  • fyrefox46 wrote: »
    FS should never be dumped with anything, except maybe the death star dlc. Blast and drop are fairly similar but everyone will bail on FS and vice versa. I kinda feel the same about HvV today after a match last night lasted the better part of an hour too. Draw rules in that....

Right, FS should be put aside.
    Heroes can be grouped together as they are now.

40 players
    20 players
    12 players
    Heroes
    FS

seems reasonable
  • really hope dice listen to this and ditch the silly playlists, and bring this game mode back to 8v8 those 4 extra players really do make the difference to making it fun.
  • 6vs6 can also ruin the game when someone leaves, back when it was 8v8 it didn't make a huge difference if it was 7vs8, but 5vs6 if the other team has a skilled player it's game over.
  • 3v1 mode is in order
  • havoksolo wrote: »
    really hope dice listen to this and ditch the silly playlists, and bring this game mode back to 8v8 those 4 extra players really do make the difference to making it fun.

was my favourite mode as well. i haven't played in a while, the last time i played you were my partner on a ps4 game. can you still do 8v8 outside of the dlc?
  • Deerber
    766 posts Member
    hotdogs wrote: »
    havoksolo wrote: »
    really hope dice listen to this and ditch the silly playlists, and bring this game mode back to 8v8 those 4 extra players really do make the difference to making it fun.

was my favourite mode as well. i haven't played in a while, the last time i played you were my partner on a ps4 game. can you still do 8v8 outside of the dlc?

Nope :(
  • As said earlier in the thread this was my most played mode, so when I play my substitue mode Blast. I`m finding myself often in a awkward situation, that when the game starts, I plan out and run for the first pod, releasing this is just mayhem :P
  • This mode is definitely worse with only 6 players.

Sure hope they put this back.
  • Vakyoom
    995 posts Member
    I didn't think it would slow the game down as much but having 4 less players has really dulled it down.

That's pretty much why I never played cargo or droid run, not enough players. 8v8 feels perfect, it's just enough people to make it work.

Even playing 6v6 heroes feels bad compared to 8v8 in outer rim.

Cycler lyfe -- All about that Ishi Tib!
  • stefv
    27 posts Member
    yes the 16 player mode is way more fun :smile: )
  • PrankT
    29 posts Member
    Bring 8vs8 back.
  • Caver12
    147 posts Member
    I really like the 6v6. it is much easier to control opponents who have teams that simply try to jump pack and personal shield the pod.
  • Caver12 wrote: »
    I really like the 6v6. it is much easier to control opponents who have teams that simply try to jump pack and personal shield the pod.

Hipster
  • 100% agree 8VS8 again please
  • theSevered
    446 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Caver12 wrote: »

Then one person leaves which causes a chain reaction of quitters which causes you to fall asleep at the controller.
  • Fewgee1
    23 posts Member
    Just bought the game again after selling it due all the ridiculous nerfs. Drop zone was awesome 8-vs-8. You also can no longer choose which map to play on WTF DICE!?
  • I agree, bring back 8v8 drop zone and make it 8v8 on other modes like cargo and droid run thus making the playlist into 16 player games instead of 12.
  • leftweet
    2216 posts Member
    8v8 Drop Zone needs to be brought back. 6v6 just isn't the same chaotic mess!
    I write things for The Star Wars Game Outpost
  • VengefulSoul550
    1324 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    8v8 Drop Zone needs to be brought back. 6v6 just isn't the same chaotic mess!

Yup, it was way more fun before it turned into 6v6.