criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Battlefront 2

EA & Dice this game is crap compared to star wars battlefront 2. This game has almost no players online, and the fact that you have to spend about 110$ to somewhat enjoy this game is ridiculous, especially when considering how there is almost no content to make people want to come back. The customization is terrible, half of the game modes stink and are pointless to have, and the fact that we have to wait over a whole year for all of the dlc is crazy. All of the upcoming dlc should have been a part at the beginning. In addition, if the DLC is like what outer rim is, then i completely wasted my 110$. I would rather have the old battlefront but with updated graphics than a game like this. This a typical EA game, add the minimum amount of content to make maximum profit, and use the Star Wars name just to make money. EA does this with every game, just ask Fifa players. They change almost nothing between each year but release a new game just so that people buy the new one.

Replies

• bigjay
    787 posts Member
    so i guess your not buying the next one
    PSN : BIG_JAY_ALLDAY it should have been this way day 1
  • bigjay wrote: »

He won't be missed
  • bigjay wrote: »

He won't be missed

what should i do with my 357,000 credits?
  • Enjoy the game and stop worrying about credits.
  • The next title may be an improvement of the current groundwork or a release-blueprint copy set within a different theme (clone wars, force awakens).
  • The next title may be an improvement of the current groundwork or a release-blueprint copy set within a different theme (clone wars, force awakens).

or they could have make this game 30-40$ and added each one of those as parts of the DLC which would justify the ridiculous 50$ people payed for the season pass

it gets a bit boring finishing in the top 3 literally every game

it gets a bit boring finishing in the top 3 literally every game

Sounds like it's time to move on to something more challenging for you, then.
  • McCloud
    307 posts Member
    The next title may be an improvement of the current groundwork or a release-blueprint copy set within a different theme (clone wars, force awakens).

"Groundwork"

.......................you think this game is the groundwork?

....ummmm no it isn't.

There are 4 others that came before, THEY are the ground work. Matter of fact it was a MOD that laid down the groundwork in the first place.

This game isn't the groundwork, its an overpriced tech demo for a greedy company does near ZERO improvement on their games. like what the OP said FIFA is a great example.

I don't care if I can see their dimples or that pimple I just want to play.

And this is with any series that has year after year release, the only exception being WWE 2K16 being possibly the best wrestling game since No Mercy on the N64.
  • RogueKarp
    1003 posts Member
    The next title may be an improvement of the current groundwork or a release-blueprint copy set within a different theme (clone wars, force awakens).

if they release a blueprint copy set in a different era that would be the worst thing ever for this series' future.
  • RogueKarp
    1003 posts Member
    McCloud wrote: »
    And this is with any series that has year after year release, the only exception being WWE 2K16 being possibly the best wrestling game since No Mercy on the N64.

I just have to say that I respect your shout out to both No Mercy and WWE 2K16 - Both great games!!
  • @McCloud go easy, tiger.

I didn't say I approve of their content road map, it's terrible in fact. Just pointing out future possibilities.
  • Battlefront 2 (2005 ) : Jabba's Palace had Rancor , Jabba Guards Gamorrean and was .
    Battlefront EA: Dead Rancor , Jabba No , No Gamorreans guards.
    It is a downer
    giphy.gif
  • McCloud
    307 posts Member
    RogueKarp wrote: »

I just have to say that I respect your shout out to both No Mercy and WWE 2K16 - Both great games!!

I miss the No Mercy days......miss those days when games where actually worth their value

@McCloud go easy, tiger.

I didn't say I approve of their content road map, it's terrible in fact. Just pointing out future possibilities.

that I can understand but the way it was worded made it sound you met something different. So I apologize for whatever out burst I had.
  • i blame Disney. placing limitations on possibilities. for instance, if adults were the targeted audience there be no reason why ***** wouldn't show up in spatial
  • @McCloud no offense taken. I completely understand your frustration with all of this.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Agreed.
    I paid 120$ for a beta.
    This game was rushed and incomplete.
    It's fun and beautiful but the original battlefront $#!ts all over this.
    EA makes every game a drug (sports, sims, etc.)
  • i blame Disney. placing limitations on possibilities. for instance, if adults were the targeted audience there be no reason why ***** wouldn't show up in spatial

i would agree since they only let them do the original trilogy however EA's and Dice'***** execution was terrible on their part
  • Webn8tr_ wrote: »
    Agreed.
    I paid 120$ for a beta.

i wish that they waited 1 more year and make a more fuller and complete game
  • Webn8tr_ wrote: »
    Agreed.
    I paid 120$ for a beta.

i wish that they waited 1 more year and make a more fuller and complete game
    They had nearly three years to work on it and still didn't deliver the game many people hoped it to be. I do like most of the stuff in this game, but it is about what is NOT in it. Battlefront 2 was made in a year more than 10 years ago and it was amazing. Hopefully they can make some of the major modes offline and add space battles to make it live up to its predecessors.
  • Well there is another i herd rumors that the original battlefront 3 is back on the table as some sort of freeware and is supposed to be pretty awesome from what i hear.
  • So leave...bye
  • Well there is another i herd rumors that the original battlefront 3 is back on the table as some sort of freeware and is supposed to be pretty awesome from what i hear.

I thought Disney stopped bthe Russian mod team? Well they'll probably work on it anyways.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Yea I heard the rumors of battlefront 3.
    I also heard it was shut down
  • EA won't allow any competition to highlight the cracks in its game. It paid way too much money for that (apparently season-pass owners did as well).
  • The videos from feb look really good they will sneak it in they said as a battlefront 2 mod
  • The videos from feb look really good they will sneak it in they said as a battlefront 2 mod

that would not only be awesome but clever.

Since game-mods cant really be touched, by any company as their using existing assets
  • Iki
    85 posts Member
    A lot of people seem to compare this to battlefront 2... And I ask myself, did any of those play battlefront 1?

Battlefront 2 never felt like a battlefront game. Yes it had star wars characters, and almost the same gameplay.
    But battlefront 1 felt like it was made by someone who loved star wars, battlefront 2 didn't.

Battlefront 1 had better maps, it had the basic gamemodes, and a balance of troops. (yes rockets were op)
    In battlefront 2 we saw the same maps, or worse. The gamemodes they added weren't anything good (especially space battles) and the balance went down the drain...

EA's battlefront is apperantly a re-make of battlefront 1, so it makes sense that it feels, plays, and somehow captures that game.
  • McCloud
    307 posts Member
    Iki wrote: »
    A lot of people seem to compare this to battlefront 2... And I ask myself, did any of those play battlefront 1?

Battlefront 2 never felt like a battlefront game. Yes it had star wars characters, and almost the same gameplay.
    But battlefront 1 felt like it was made by someone who loved star wars, battlefront 2 didn't.

Battlefront 1 had better maps, it had the basic gamemodes, and a balance of troops. (yes rockets were op)
    In battlefront 2 we saw the same maps, or worse. The gamemodes they added weren't anything good (especially space battles) and the balance went down the drain...

EA's battlefront is apperantly a re-make of battlefront 1, so it makes sense that it feels, plays, and somehow captures that game.

To answer your thought yes most of those that played BattleFront 2 played the first one as well.

The reason BattleFront 2 is praised as much as it is because:

Of the simple yet highly effective HUD

There was a little bit more balancing (though this changes greatly with the next point)

A reward system for each class in the form of a better weapon as well as more health and longer running time (save for the space units as they shared the weapons of the normal classes)

The various gamemodes besides from the standard army v army

It also introduced nearly twice as many maps (some of the where from the first but not all and those that where brought over werent the same (The Kamino map being my least favorite for the second game), the exception being Hoth. )

An decent actual Campaign to play through

All of the gamemodes and maps could be played alone, with a friend/family, or online

2 Era's of play (Clone and Galactic Civil War)

and it was extremely mod friendly

((Now there might be some things I missed but please anyone add to the list and update this list with your name tagged on each addition, thanks!))

The Space Battles where a little slow paced, I will agree, but it was Star Wars and you really cant have battles without Space Combat. (The first game I know didn't but did do a good job on the ground battles)

EA BattleFront isn't really a "remake" of the first game at all. Its more of a Call of Duty game with BattleField elements.

The HUD is massive compared to DICE's BattleField games

The Star Card system looks and seems like a brand new part-time hired interns' idea. (How many grenades can someone really hold? in the previous games they where limited and in DICE's BattleField games they where limited, see what I'm getting at here? One example yes but still its a bad system)

The token system.........................I don't want to talk about it, or i'll be typing until next week about my hatred about it

Unlimited sprint

Regen Health...........again my hatred for this system is beyond reasoning

Tiny maps

AT-AT walkers needing to have to be "disabled" in order to damage it at all (AT-AT's DO NOT have shielding its just ARMOR. Get it right EA)

The Radar being basically a Halo knock-off and well worse than Halo's

This ranking up system. (I can see why but if they made this game right it wouldn't have been needed at all)

No Server Browser for PC users

The broken Match making system (having a bunch of Rank 50's versus Rank 20 and below just makes most people don't want to play anymore.)

Virtually NO single player content AT ALL

Basically Online Only (even though it was advertised as couch play with friends)

Only the Galactic Civil War Era of play

This is why ALOT of people don't like EA's version and why people like BattleFront 2.

I like both and I bet many do as well, but the fact that BattleFront 2 brought A LOT of content for how short it development time was, how decently balanced the game was for both era's of play, and how large the maps where gives it a leg up on many games that have come out recently.

• Iki
    85 posts Member
    Iki wrote: »

To answer your thought yes most of those that played BattleFront 2 played the first one as well.

The reason BattleFront 2 is praised as much as it is because:

Of the simple yet highly effective HUD

There was a little bit more balancing (though this changes greatly with the next point)

A reward system for each class in the form of a better weapon as well as more health and longer running time (save for the space units as they shared the weapons of the normal classes)

The various gamemodes besides from the standard army v army

It also introduced nearly twice as many maps (some of the where from the first but not all and those that where brought over werent the same (The Kamino map being my least favorite for the second game), the exception being Hoth. )

An decent actual Campaign to play through

All of the gamemodes and maps could be played alone, with a friend/family, or online

2 Era's of play (Clone and Galactic Civil War)

and it was extremely mod friendly

((Now there might be some things I missed but please anyone add to the list and update this list with your name tagged on each addition, thanks!))

The Space Battles where a little slow paced, I will agree, but it was Star Wars and you really cant have battles without Space Combat. (The first game I know didn't but did do a good job on the ground battles)

EA BattleFront isn't really a "remake" of the first game at all. Its more of a Call of Duty game with BattleField elements.

The HUD is massive compared to DICE's BattleField games

The Star Card system looks and seems like a brand new part-time hired interns' idea. (How many grenades can someone really hold? in the previous games they where limited and in DICE's BattleField games they where limited, see what I'm getting at here? One example yes but still its a bad system)

The token system.........................I don't want to talk about it, or i'll be typing until next week about my hatred about it

Unlimited sprint

Regen Health...........again my hatred for this system is beyond reasoning

Tiny maps

AT-AT walkers needing to have to be "disabled" in order to damage it at all (AT-AT's DO NOT have shielding its just ARMOR. Get it right EA)

The Radar being basically a Halo knock-off and well worse than Halo's

This ranking up system. (I can see why but if they made this game right it wouldn't have been needed at all)

No Server Browser for PC users

The broken Match making system (having a bunch of Rank 50's versus Rank 20 and below just makes most people don't want to play anymore.)

Virtually NO single player content AT ALL

Basically Online Only (even though it was advertised as couch play with friends)

Only the Galactic Civil War Era of play

This is why ALOT of people don't like EA's version and why people like BattleFront 2.

I like both and I bet many do as well, but the fact that BattleFront 2 brought A LOT of content for how short it development time was, how decently balanced the game was for both era's of play, and how large the maps where gives it a leg up on many games that have come out recently.

The HUD in battlefront EA is not worse than that of battlefront 2. (it's almost the same) Same with battlefront 1.
    More balancing? you mean the droidekas who could take down an entire team, as there were no counter to it? or how the snipers didn't have any punishment for using a sniper rifle?
    The reward system is now in the form of traits, and works about as good.
    You have variable gamemodes in EA's battlefront.
    Again, most new maps were worse than those in battlefront 1.
    Battlefront 1 had just as good a campaign as battlefront 2.. That being instant action missions with a small bit of story between them.
    Offline play is a good point, i'll give you that.
    2 eras of play was in battlefront 1, and battlefront EA is focused on the after war era.
    Mod friendly is not a selling point for a game mostly played on consoles...

The problem with space battles was not the slowness... It was as follows: Not enough ships for each player, so some players had to stay behind. Two classes to choose between, but only one who did decent damage, and healed ships from the inside (so no reason to choose the other) You could choose between 4 ships (if i remember correctly) but the big troop carrier was slow, and only served as a spawn point. The fighter was slower and bigger than the interceptor. And the interceptor couldn't really shoot down anything. (so no air to air combat) That leaves you with the bomber. Now, it would take a long time to bomb down the enemy ship, so why not board it instead? Bombing it from the inside is faster, and easier. (so now, you have no reason to fly a ship at all.) And the maps were just huge open space... no interesting stuff.
    So. Air to Air combat is better in fighter squadron. And infantry vs infantry is better in most other modes...

Battlefront 1 was a more casual and child friendly version of battlefield. So is battlefront EA. It is not like COD at all... it's way slower, has bullet travel and drop, and vehicles. It plays like a casual battlefield. (like battlefront 1.)

The hud is customizable to your liking.

The star card system is no worse than being able to carry a ammo bag with you at all times... It just encourages less camping.

Don't know what you mean by token system... the star cards with limited uses?

Unlimited sprint is not bad... Why would it be? Because you like to only sprint 10 meters at a time?... what? It doesn't change the gameplay, other than making it so that you don't push the same button over and over again.

Regen health, yes, can be bad. But if it had the same health system as battlefront 1 had, then they would need the drones or health packs. Which would again make for camping and less action... And it would be possible to camp a health pack, and not get hurt.

Tiny maps? really? they are about the same size as battlefront 1 and 2. Only the modes are designed to keep the players together, not spread out. (good thing, as you always have something to do, instead of running around looking for players)

If the AT-AT's only had armor, then the gamemode wouldn't work...

Nothing wrong with the radar, as it actually makes sense for a futuristic shooter. (and it's not halo rip-off. It's aliens.)

Ranking up system = a reason to play.

No server browser is bad.

Match making has to make a match using the players who play the game... there aren't that many...

No single player content? 20+ missions, and basically the zombie mode from call of duty?

All the single player stuff (exept some of the missions) are co-op playable. so it does have couch multiplayer.

No, not the galactic sivil war era. The after war era. Between movie 6 and 7. (the rancor is dead etc.)