criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Outer Rim DLC is One of the Worst DLCs in Gaming History

Prev13
From the LAZY hero choices of Greedo and Nien Nunb to the obscene amount of bugs and issues that this DLC has brought, I think I can safely say that this is one of the most pathetic DLCs ever made. DICE, you really should be ashamed of yourself. You could have done a lot better than this.

Now go ahead and attack, apologists. This DLC is terrible. Search your feelings. You will know it to be true.

Replies

• Wow, Nien Nunb. Such iconic, much hero
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mcap
    873 posts Member
    What?!? You're nuts!

Who doesn't love selecting Extraction mode only to stare are a protracted loading screen to then be sent to a completely different mode than you selected because the round you were dumped in just ended, and the mode rotated?

That is pure FUN! For communists...
  • deIete origin and swb
  • Whatever. I like the DLC and the game, and if you, random stranger on the internet, are going to label me an "apologist," so be it.
  • tommytom64 wrote: »
    Whatever. I like the DLC and the game, and if you, random stranger on the internet, are going to label me an "apologist," so be it.

Apologist, huehuehue
  • tommytom64 wrote: »
    Whatever. I like the DLC and the game, and if you, random stranger on the internet, are going to label me an "apologist," so be it.

Apologist, huehuehue

delete origin and swb
  • ahappytree wrote: »
    tommytom64 wrote: »

Apologist, huehuehue

delete origin and swb

Shut up Dennis

• ahappytree wrote: »

Apologist, huehuehue

delete origin and swb

Shut up Dennis

deIete origin and swb
  • SaddFox
    501 posts Member

Don't know why am I still involved in this toxic community...
  • fyrefox46
    2787 posts Member
    You guys are the same banned person posting from alt accounts yes?
  • I'd have to agree. This is the most disappointing DLC I've seen since the Close Quarters DLC in Battlefield 3. The difference is every other map in BF3 was playable in the large game modes. Large game modes have already been shafted in the map count, and now it only got much worse.
  • Searching feelings .......... Loving Outer Rim DLC
    Searching feelings again considering bugs .......... Yeah, bugs are annoying but still Loving Outer Rim DLC
    Searching feelings again considering bugs and the fact that I got killed more times in Extraction than in any other game mode except Hero Hunt .......... Still Loving Outer Rim DLC

Yeah, bugs do tend to be annoying but I know they will be corrected. But I love Outer Rim DLC. And Nien Nunb is amazing to play, I don't care he has 5 seconds of screen time and he ain't iconic (well he is in the books, but I suppose you don't read books ... you only care about the bugs)

So here is a bug for you

scared-bug.jpg

And on for the developers (as a fellow developer I feel your pain)

4ff09a54916159779c31be5cfa6152c5.jpg

• SaddFox wrote: »

Don't know why am I still involved in this toxic community...

the game is toxic, have you seen the list of bugs? huehue, bigger than the patch notes
  • I'd have to agree. This is the most disappointing DLC I've seen since the Close Quarters DLC in Battlefield 3. The difference is every other map in BF3 was playable in the large game modes. Large game modes have already been shafted in the map count, and now it only got much worse.

The maps leave a lot to be desired, yes
  • MrMxyzptlk wrote: »
    Searching feelings .......... Loving Outer Rim DLC
    Searching feelings again considering bugs .......... Yeah, bugs are annoying but still Loving Outer Rim DLC
    Searching feelings again considering bugs and the fact that I got killed more times in Extraction than in any other game mode except Hero Hunt .......... Still Loving Outer Rim DLC

Yeah, bugs do tend to be annoying but I know they will be corrected. But I love Outer Rim DLC. And Nien Nunb is amazing to play, I don't care he has 5 seconds of screen time and he ain't iconic (well he is in the books, but I suppose you don't read books ... you only care about the bugs)

So here is a bug for you

scared-bug.jpg

wow u read Star Wars books and develop things, wow such intellectual, much impressed

huehue
    Searching feelings .......... Loving Outer Rim DLC

So here is a bug for you

scared-bug.jpg

wow u read Star Wars books and develop things, wow such intellectual, much impressed

huehue

delete origin and swb
  • RIFRIG
    480 posts Member
    It's only money,it's only a game,it's going to be fixed.

• RIFRIG wrote: »

wow, do you go to an expensive steakhouse and get raw meat and then say "it's only money, it's only diarrhea"

is this how you approach everything you drop money on? if so you might not have much money for long, huehue
  • Bugs and temp forced playlist aside, I think its pretty rad, hue hue. No the maps are awesome for sure. Greedo fun as well.
  • P1k
    12 posts Member
    So if you have a bad meal at a restaurant you carry on going back to tell the chef how to cook? I normally leave and never go back.
  • Bugs and temp forced playlist aside, I think its pretty rad, hue hue. No the maps are awesome for sure. Greedo fun as well.

Maps are mediocre. Aside from gameplay, don't you think there were better choices for villains than Greedo? He doesn't have any affiliation to the Empire, AFAIK
  • JayZack
    122 posts Member
    This game is disgrace
  • P1k wrote: »
    So if you have a bad meal at a restaurant you carry on going back to tell the chef how to cook? I normally leave and never go back.

I Yelp about it, huehue
  • Iki
    85 posts Member
    We get free stuff, we get paid stuff. Lots more coming. It's all good.
  • I love these threads. nb4lock.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • JayZack wrote: »
    This game is disgrace

Agreed
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I like the quality of maps for the most part. Yeah they're crammy but hey, its Jabbas Palace. Next dlc we will get some WA ones probably. Greedo is cool but they need to make more heroes and people will be ok with him.
  • RIFRIG
    480 posts Member
    JayZack wrote: »
    This game is disgrace

Drama!!!
  • I like the quality of maps for the most part. Yeah they're crammy but hey, its Jabbas Palace. Next dlc we will get some WA ones probably. Greedo is cool but they need to make more heroes and people will be ok with him.

What if Greedo and Nien Nunb are 50% of the DLC heroes, huehue?
  • Huskie
    37 posts Member
    I would never have believed myself after waiting 10 torturous years for a sequal that I would be in 2016 hateing the new battlefront.

yet here I am.
  • Iki
    85 posts Member
    Huskie wrote: »
    I would never have believed myself after waiting 10 torturous years for a sequal that I would be in 2016 hateing the new battlefront.

yet here I am.

Sequel? This is a re-make of battlefront 1... And it's much better than battlefront 2...
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    That would suck alot but I doubt they'll be 50% of the heroes. I hope they're 25%. If EA wants to please its customers they will listen or else they'll have negative rep.
  • Iki
    85 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I like the quality of maps for the most part. Yeah they're crammy but hey, its Jabbas Palace. Next dlc we will get some WA ones probably. Greedo is cool but they need to make more heroes and people will be ok with him.

Next DLC is bespin, should get us some larger open maps. Probably some flying based ones. (cloud city was always really good as a ship map)

And gredo made sense as an outer rim hero/villain. So who makes sense as a bespin hero?
  • Huskie
    37 posts Member
    Iki wrote: »

yet here I am.

Sequel? This is a re-make of battlefront 1... And it's much better than battlefront 2...

Metacritic and infact general consensus begs to differ.
  • Iki wrote: »

yet here I am.

Its not a sequel. The only way I would consider this game better than Battlefront 2 is the fact that people didn't do anything but shoot rockets and GL's at your feet in Battlefront 2. The old Battlefront games got pretty much ruined when people realized an RPG to the feet was a one shot kill. So near the end of Battlefront 1, that's all people would do. It carried over into Battlefront 2.

These days, that would get fixed in a hurry in a patch. Back then, there wasn't any real mechanism for patches and updates.
  • Iki wrote: »

Next DLC is bespin, should get us some larger open maps. Probably some flying based ones. (cloud city was always really good as a ship map)

And gredo made sense as an outer rim hero/villain. So who makes sense as a bespin hero?

When did Greedo work for the Empire? You really think Greedo is iconic? Do you think he's more of a fan favorite, than let's say, Bossk or IG-88? Why do you defend this **** so much? Is your name Dennis huehue
  • MrMxyzptlk
    442 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    RIFRIG wrote: »

wow, do you go to an expensive steakhouse and get raw meat and then say "it's only money, it's only diarrhea"

is this how you approach everything you drop money on? if so you might not have much money for long, huehue

I really love how you haters compare a software to a steak or some other food. This is like the 50th time I see this kind of comparing. You know that a good steak can be almost raw right? I hope you do ... As for comparing food to software ... Maybe you should compare other domains as well. Like your toilet paper with you car. You pay for both of them and if your car is bad than of course you must compare that to a broken toilet paper.
  • MrMxyzptlk
    442 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    double post
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    That would suck alot but I doubt they'll be 50% of the heroes. I hope they're 25%. If EA wants to please its customers they will listen or else they'll have negative rep.

Oh man, you are really living with blinders on.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member

I really love how you haters compare a software to a steak or some other food. This is like the 50th time I see this kind of comparing. You know that a good steak can be almost raw right? I hope you do ... As for comparing food to software ... Maybe you should compare other domains as well. Like your toilet paper with you car. You pat for both of them and if your car is bad than of course you must compare that to a broken toilet paper.

I don't know about you, but when I buy a product, any product, whether it be a car, game, steak, I expect it to work (or taste good, huehue).
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    MrMxyzptlk wrote: »

I really love how you haters compare a software to a steak or some other food. This is like the 50th time I see this kind of comparing. You know that a good steak can be almost raw right? I hope you do ... As for comparing food to software ... Maybe you should compare other domains as well. Like your toilet paper with you car. You pay for both of them and if your car is bad than of course you must compare that to a broken toilet paper.

You have no concept of how an analogy works. The steak comparison makes sense. Sorry, professor.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • RIFRIG
    480 posts Member
    MrMxyzptlk wrote: »
    double post

I'll happily read it twice........
  • Iki
    85 posts Member

yet here I am.

Let's go over this in an easy to follow way. ok?

Maps are better in battlefront EA. The ones in bf2 were either clones of bf1 maps, or they were bad. Mostly maps felt lifeless, empty, and the way they were laid out ment you had to search for enemies.
    Then, gamemodes. They have about the same modes, with a few changes made to them. Space battles is one of the more known ones. But it did not work at all in MP. (not enough ships, so players had to wait in spawn. Only one class that was playable, as the engineer had better gear. No reason to take anything other than a bomber, as other ships had no use in the battles. No reason to fly a bomber, as it was faster just to attack inside the ship...) all in all, if you wanted to fly, fighter squadron is better, and if you wanted to play infantry, why pick space battles?
    Then comes the case of content. Bf1 had 3 gamemodes, this has 19? it had 8 different loadouts, this has 60000+ something... Both have vehicles, etc. The new one even has heroes, something the first didn't.
    Then we should mention balance.. Droidekas was op. They could take down an entire team alone. And snipers didn't have any drawbacks.... battlefront 2 had horrible balance. Heroes were even more op, and got health from killing, so they could stay alive an entire round...

Yeah, you might be nostalgic, and therefore think battlefront 2 was better... But if you came from bf1 into bf2, you would know how much they ruined it. And how the new one actually is better.
  • People still defend this garbage? even after several reviewers even said its garbage? top freaking kek
  • Iki
    85 posts Member

When did Greedo work for the Empire? You really think Greedo is iconic? Do you think he's more of a fan favorite, than let's say, Bossk or IG-88? Why do you defend this **** so much? Is your name Dennis huehue

Greedo worked for jabba, the one guy that's really known in the outer rim... right? He is also one of the better known bounty hunters in star wars.
  • I guess it makes you entitled if you drop over $100 on a game, and expect decent content and minimal bugs. SP owners paid upfront to be beta testers in a buggy, underwhelming DLC. It's very sad. It makes Nien cry :(
  • RIFRIG
    480 posts Member
    hansgrell wrote: »
    People still defend this garbage? even after several reviewers even said its garbage? top freaking kek

Must be bad if the reviewers say so.....lmfao.

• you dont play many games i take it
  • Huskie
    37 posts Member
    If you love this game so

yet here I am.

Let's go over this in an easy to follow way. ok?

Maps are better in battlefront EA. The ones in bf2 were either clones of bf1 maps, or they were bad. Mostly maps felt lifeless, empty, and the way they were laid out ment you had to search for enemies.
    Then, gamemodes. They have about the same modes, with a few changes made to them. Space battles is one of the more known ones. But it did not work at all in MP. (not enough ships, so players had to wait in spawn. Only one class that was playable, as the engineer had better gear. No reason to take anything other than a bomber, as other ships had no use in the battles. No reason to fly a bomber, as it was faster just to attack inside the ship...) all in all, if you wanted to fly, fighter squadron is better, and if you wanted to play infantry, why pick space battles?
    Then comes the case of content. Bf1 had 3 gamemodes, this has 19? it had 8 different loadouts, this has 60000+ something... Both have vehicles, etc. The new one even has heroes, something the first didn't.
    Then we should mention balance.. Droidekas was op. They could take down an entire team alone. And snipers didn't have any drawbacks.... battlefront 2 had horrible balance. Heroes were even more op, and got health from killing, so they could stay alive an entire round...

Yeah, you might be nostalgic, and therefore think battlefront 2 was better... But if you came from bf1 into bf2, you would know how much they ruined it. And how the new one actually is better.

Firstly you are never going to win an argument by being patronising.

Secondly that was all mostly your opinion.

Thirdly My statement was brief and stated facts and statistics.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!