criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Outer Rim DLC is Not Very Good. Thread for Constructive Criticism

Prev1
NienNunbHuehue
363 posts Member
edited March 2016
Mods closed my last thread "Outer Rim DLC is One of the Worst DLCs in Gaming History" because apparently it wasn't constructive enough. I think it might be just because they were embarrassed, but that's just me. Can we please have a constructive and positive thread and discuss how this really lackluster and buggy mess of a DLC could be improved? Thank you everyone huehue

Replies

• I got it, lets all start new accounts and spam the forums with EA/Dice hate mail. That always works.
  • Darken1479 wrote: »
    I got it, lets all start new accounts and spam the forums with EA/Dice hate mail. That always works.

I'm not spamming. I want to start a constructive conversation about how this really broken game can be improved. Please be nice, huehue
  • Darken1479 wrote: »
    I got it, lets all start new accounts and spam the forums with EA/Dice hate mail. That always works.

Im still trying to figure out which of the banned he is lol
  • fyrefox46 wrote: »
    Darken1479 wrote: »

Im still trying to figure out which of the banned he is lol

I've never been banned. This is my first account, but I know they'll probably ban me because... you know... damage control huehue
  • Iki
    85 posts Member

I'm not spamming. I want to start a constructive conversation about how this really broken game can be improved. Please be nice, huehue

Well, the maps are good. So they got that right. Might have been good to have more, but.
    When it comes to the heroes, they tried something new, and i think the new systems work well. Greedo could probably have a bit less agressive system.
    I have not noticed any bugs in my game, so that is up to those with bugs to comment on.
  • Iki wrote: »

Well, the maps are good. So they got that right. Might have been good to have more, but.
    When it comes to the heroes, they tried something new, and i think the new systems work well. Greedo could probably have a bit less agressive system.
    I have not noticed any bugs in my game, so that is up to those with bugs to comment on.

Really? You haven't noticed any bugs? How... how is that possible hue?
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Lolol I love it.
    That last thread was making me laugh and cry.
    I absolutely love someone with the name/pic of Nien constructively criticizing the Nien hero.
    Ahahhah and your laugh!!
    "Huehue"
    I hear Nien every time
  • Webn8tr_ wrote: »
    Lolol I love it.
    I absolutely love someone with the name/pic of Nien constructively criticizing the Nien hero.

even i know im not a real hero yah huehuehue
  • Webn8tr_ wrote: »
    Lolol I love it.
    Ahahhah and your laugh!!
    "Huehue"
    I hear Nien every time

He's a hero nien nun of us deserve.
  • Iki
    85 posts Member
    Iki wrote: »

Probably because I play on ps4, and it's a lot harder to make something work on millions of different pc setups than one console...
  • NienNunbHuehue
    363 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Please guys though, let's be really positive and constructive here. I guess we were too mean to EA in the last thread and they got sad and closed it. So, here's some of my ideas to improve the game:

- Add more freaking Imperial skins already. I mean, holy heck. Only 2 high level imp skins while the Rebels have like what, 6 or 7?

- No more "copy and paste" heroes in this game. Take some time and actually make a unique, truly iconic character that fans want instead of going the lazy route and reusing Sullustan and Rodian heads for heroes that no one asked for. Thanks

- Enough with the close quarters maps. We have enough for now. I know they're probably easier to make than the bigger maps, but really... most players want BIG maps. They're more immersive and fun, and allow for bigger battles with vehicles and heroes

- Next time please actually test your DLC before releasing. The sheer amount of bugs in the Outer Rim is unacceptable.

Thanks everyone. Keep it positive please huehue
  • ahappytree wrote: »
    Webn8tr_ wrote: »
    Lolol I love it.
    Ahahhah and your laugh!!
    "Huehue"
    I hear Nien every time

huehue whut me? yah haha

Probably because I play on ps4, and it's a lot harder to make something work on millions of different pc setups than one console...

I'm on PS4 too, and it's a mess. A lot of crashes, bugs with the diorama, hands and weapon loadouts not saving, multiple heroes running around in Hero Hunt, invincibility bugs, 0=0 credits at the end of matches, xp not tracking correctly, level rollback... and there's probably a lot more, but this is just off the top of my head.
  • P1k
    12 posts Member
    stuff others have posted here previously. meh.
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    Mods closed my last thread "Outer Rim DLC is One of the Worst DLCs in Gaming History" because apparently it wasn't constructive enough. I think it might be just because they were embarrassed, but that's just me. Can we please have a constructive and positive thread and discuss how this really lackluster and buggy mess of a DLC could be improved? Thank you everyone huehue

Yeah, it is a bit buggy, I agree. Even though my credits are rising, at the end of the match it tells me I earned no credits, so I can agree with you on the fact that there are some fixes that need to be implemented.
    As far as lackluster, I'm not sure what you mean? The maps are gorgeous, there well thought out, and the new game mode extraction is a blast! And this is coming from someone who prefers large maps.
  • I saw the invincibility bug a couple of times since the update.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    ahappytree wrote: »
    Lolol I love it.
    Ahahhah and your laugh!!
    "Huehue"
    I hear Nien every time

Hahahahaha!! Perfect
  • I love it , best graphics/game play ever
  • Iki
    85 posts Member

I'm on PS4 too, and it's a mess. A lot of crashes, bugs with the diorama, hands and weapon loadouts not saving, multiple heroes running around in Hero Hunt, invincibility bugs, 0=0 credits at the end of matches, xp not tracking correctly, level rollback... and there's probably a lot more, but this is just off the top of my head.

I haven't had any single problem... Lucky me I guess. (they might have seen my comments and decided i get to play bug free? huehue)
  • Beaver wrote: »

Yeah, it is a bit buggy, I agree. Even though my credits are rising, at the end of the match it tells me I earned no credits, so I can agree with you on the fact that there are some fixes that need to be implemented.
    As far as lackluster, I'm not sure what you mean? The maps are gorgeous, there well thought out, and the new game mode extraction is a blast! And this is coming from someone who prefers large maps.

Oh yeah, Jabba's mud bath pit is gorgeous. Wow, a dead rancor. What a blast!

Dude, you come off as an EA employee. lol
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Yea we need more imperial skins.
    I hate repeating myself but FEMALE SCOUT/SHADOW TROOPS!! this is so easy!
    And more twi'lek colors would be cool.
  • NienNunbHuehue
    363 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Yea we need more imperial skins.
    I hate repeating myself but FEMALE SCOUT/SHADOW TROOPS!! this is so easy!
    And more twi'lek colors would be cool.

I wouldn't mind those at all if we got more unique skins to go along with them. The more skins the better. Only one skin with this DLC was very disappointing.
  • Iki
    85 posts Member
    Please guys though, let's be really positive and constructive here. I guess we were too mean to EA in the last thread and they got sad and closed it. So, here's some of my ideas to improve the game:

- Add more freaking Imperial skins already. I mean, holy heck. Only 2 high level imp skins while the Rebels have like what, 6 or 7?

- No more "copy and paste" heroes in this game. Take some time and actually make a unique, truly iconic character that fans want instead of going the lazy route and reusing Sullustan and Rodian heads for heroes that no one asked for. Thanks

- Enough with the close quarters maps. We have enough for now. I know they're probably easier to make than the bigger maps, but really... most players want BIG maps. They're more immersive and fun, and allow for bigger battles with vehicles and heroes

- Next time please actually test your DLC before releasing. The sheer amount of bugs in the Outer Rim is unacceptable.

The empire doesn't really have that many suits in the movies... As the gueards are taken up by the emperor spawns... and snowtroopers are defult on snow maps...

I was going to talk about how they couldn't add a lot of hereoes, because they died before this time in the movies (the game is set after the 6'th movie, right before the 7'th) but greedo kinda broke that...

Bigger maps should be coming, based on the name "bespin" as the next dlc. (and who knows, we might get more free maps before that)

• Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Please add customizable pauldrons for imperial troops!

The empire doesn't really have that many suits in the movies... As the gueards are taken up by the emperor spawns... and snowtroopers are defult on snow maps...

I was going to talk about how they couldn't add a lot of hereoes, because they died before this time in the movies (the game is set after the 6'th movie, right before the 7'th) but greedo kinda broke that...

Bigger maps should be coming, based on the name "bespin" as the next dlc. (and who knows, we might get more free maps before that)

Shadowtroopers and helmetless stormtroopers weren't in the Original Trilogy either (unless you count rebels using them as disguises). There's a lot of things that are in this game that weren't in the OT, so I don't you can use that argument. They could add a 501st stormtrooper skin, or a shadow scout trooper, or stormtroopers with different colored pauldrons. There's a lot they could do, and to be honest, they really should try to get it out sooner than later because it's getting tiring to see an entire team full of shadowtroopers over and over.
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    Beaver wrote: »

No, I can assure you that I'm not employed by EA or Dice. I just like the game. And in all honesty, I have been playing Dice games for years......They have earned my respect and loyalty as a customer for providing me with countless hours of entertainment and fun times.
  • Greedo seems a 10-yr old boy in all his emotes and the death scene while he punches the ground.
    And that's supposed to be iconic? Huehuehue...
  • Iki
    85 posts Member

Shadowtroopers and helmetless stormtroopers weren't in the Original Trilogy either (unless you count rebels using them as disguises). There's a lot of things that are in this game that weren't in the OT, so I don't you can use that argument. They could add a 501st stormtrooper skin, or a shadow scout trooper, or stormtroopers with different colored pauldrons. There's a lot they could do, and to be honest, they really should try to get it out sooner than later because it's getting tiring to see an entire team full of shadowtroopers over and over.

Some terror troopers, kinghthunters, novatroopers and purge troopers couldn't hurt...
  • Please guys though, let's be really positive and constructive here. I guess we were too mean to EA in the last thread and they got sad and closed it. So, here's some of my ideas to improve the game:

- Imperial stormtroopers don't have much customization. I don't see how it would be any more immersive to have high-ranking Imperial officers or AT-AT pilots or TIE fighter pilots running around on the battlefront as infantry... but yes, the current customization is pretty lackluster. I would like to see things such as different pauldrons and perhaps other stormtrooper variants that will appear in Rogue One.

- If you think Nien Nunb and Greedo are "copy and paste," you likely haven't played them properly or played them at all. Maybe they have the species already in-game, but they are far from copy and paste heroes. Are they strange choices? Maybe. But they fit within the lore of the Outer Rim very well, and I am absolutely positive we will be getting heroes like Chewie at a later time. Not to mention, there aren't very many... iconic Imperial villains, next to Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine.

- The past two months have been focused on big map modes. This has always been a CQC DLC. If CQC isn't your thing, then don't buy it. And don't complain because you don't like CQC while others do. Also, where are your statistics that prove "most players" want big maps? Because, in actuality, it's around 50/50 between players who play big modes and play the smaller modes.

- There are many bugs, you are correct there, I have no argument. I guess DICE was trying to rush the DLC out ASAP, or EA was. To be fair, they were certainly... being encouraged to by the community. Oh well. Hopefully they'll be fixed in the next patch.

inb4 I am an employee of EA or DICE. No, I'm simply a fan who likes this game and likes most DICE games. Me having a different opinion than yours, even a positive one for that matter, doesn't mean I work for them, and that's just childish to imply.
  • P1k
    12 posts Member
    And every level 50+ player would still use shadowtrooper (even on Hoth)
  • Beaver wrote: »

No, I can assure you that I'm not employed by EA or Dice. I just like the game. And in all honesty, I have been playing Dice games for years......They have earned my respect and loyalty as a customer for providing me with countless hours of entertainment and fun times.

This is the first, and most likely last, DICE game I will ever buy. Then again, I've been spoiled by actually competent developers like Rockstar and Bethesda. I really wanted to like this DLC, but it's just a complete mess.
  • P1k
    12 posts Member
    It's not a mess. You're just posting opinion and repeating in a passive-aggressive manner what others have previously in the last few days.
  • Sbroffage wrote: »
    Greedo seems a 10-yr old boy in all his emotes and the death scene while he punches the ground.
    And that's supposed to be iconic? Huehuehue...

I think when he dies, he should get his face blasted off like in the cantina scene when that scrub tried to 1v1 Han and got rekt, huehue
  • Iki
    85 posts Member

This is the first, and most likely last, DICE game I will ever buy. Then again, I've been spoiled by actually competent developers like Rockstar and Bethesda. I really wanted to like this DLC, but it's just a complete mess.

Wait a minute... Competent developers like Bethesda? fallout 3 and 4 bethesda?...
  • NienNunbHuehue
    363 posts Member
    edited March 2016

Wait a minute... Competent developers like Bethesda? fallout 3 and 4 bethesda?...

I haven't played Fallout 4, so I can't really comment on that. But Fallout 3 was great. Also, Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim are incredible games. Their expansions were also worth the money, for the most part. That's more than can be said for this game. For 15 bucks or however much it cost back then in Morrowind and Oblivion, you could explore vast lands and dungeons and get tons of new armor, weapons, and quests. Now THAT was DLC. Here in Battlefront for 15 bucks you get to roll around in Jabba's mud pit and play as Huehue "Derpface" Nunb.
  • Iki
    85 posts Member

I haven't played Fallout 4, so I can't really comment on that. But Fallout 3 was great. Also, Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim are incredible games. Their expansions were also worth the money, for the most part. That's more than can be said for this game. For 15 bucks or however much it cost back then in Morrowind and Oblivion, you could explore vast lands and dungeons and get tons of new armor, weapons, and quests. Now THAT was DLC. Here in Battlefront for 15 bucks you get to roll around in Jabba's mud pit and play as Huehue "Derpface" Nunb.

I was thinking more about the fact that fallout 3 was so known for it bugs that when fallout 4 had bugs people said "It's not a problem, it's typical fallout. It just adds to the charm of the game"
  • P1k
    12 posts Member
    Imagine the progress you could have made in the last 5 hours in those games instead of being on this forum.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    No one is better than Bethesda.
    They know how to treat there fans and customers.
    Fallout 4 season pass 30$ if u buy early.
    Best decision I made.
    Star wars season pass 50-60?$ for Star Wars fans...
    "been waiting 10 years for this game? Fudge you" EA
  • P1k wrote: »
    Imagine the progress you could have made in the last 5 hours in those games instead of being on this forum.

What for? This forum is way more entertaining than a buggy game. Then again, this forum is also very buggy. Its all terrible. If they cannot fix a simple forum website, how can they fix a complex game?
    tumblr_nusp5jmZkZ1r4o9xho1_r1_1280.jpg
    "Social justice 1, 2, 3 woo woo! I want to be PC woo woo!"

I was thinking more about the fact that fallout 3 was so known for it bugs that when fallout 4 had bugs people said "It's not a problem, it's typical fallout. It just adds to the charm of the game"

The thing is, that Fallout and Elder Scroll games are HUGE. There is a lot of love and time and dedication that went into those games, so a few bugs are more understandable to me than in this case. The amount of bugs in this game is disproportionate to the (relatively small) amount of content.
  • P1k wrote: »

What for? This forum is way more entertaining than a buggy game. Then again, this forum is also very buggy. Its all terrible. If they cannot fix a simple forum website, how can they fix a complex game?

Yep, to be honest, the game is not fun at the moment for me. The bugs are ruining it. So I went on here to vent. Does that make me bad, huehue?
  • Iki
    85 posts Member

The thing is, that Fallout and Elder Scroll games are HUGE. There is a lot of love and time and dedication that went into those games, so a few bugs are more understandable to me than in this case. The amount of bugs in this game is disproportionate to the (relatively small) amount of content.

This game runs on the same engine that battlefield 4 and hardline did...
    It's not about the content. It's about the engine.
  • Well at least in Fallout your progress wasnt reset, right?
  • Iki
    85 posts Member
    Well at least in Fallout your progress wasnt reset, right?

I'd say a game turning itsel off every 15 minutes is a bit worse... but... who knows.
  • superchargedk20
    222 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I'm a big fan of the game. Haven't stopped since launch. I've enjoyed outer rim. The maps look great and extraction is tons of fun. I had a problem with the hero's at first but once playing with em I really enjoyed em. Boba fett isn't much of an iconic character either but no one seems to complain about him. He had very few scenes and gets knocked into a sarlaac pit by a half blind solo.
    As for the bugs I've only noticed minor ones. My credit's always showing zero. My primary weapon never stays active when I shut the game off. My ranking being reset to 51. None of which bother me or take me away from the game.
  • RIFRIG
    480 posts Member

Rockstar have made f..... Ups before
    Well at least in Fallout your progress wasnt reset, right?

I'd say a game turning itsel off every 15 minutes is a bit worse... but... who knows.

Thats true, no denying it. I for example was very annoyed of the game-stutter in Fallout 3 and New Vegas. And talking about lazy developers, all those fixes came from the community. Even now, in Fallout 4, there are bugs that have been fixed only by the community. Isnt that just sad?
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    P1k wrote: »

PC your killing me man...lol If Dice ever adds wampas, I better not catch you behind some cliff face playing red rocket!
  • I'm a big fan of the game. Haven't stopped since launch. I've enjoyed outer rim. The maps look great and extraction is tons of fun. I had a problem with the hero's at first but once playing with em I really enjoyed em. Boba fett isn't much of an iconic character either but no one seems to complain about him. He had very few scenes and gets knocked into a sarlaac pit by a half blind solo.
    As for the bugs I've only noticed minor ones. My credit's always showing zero. My primary weapon never stays active when I shut the game off. My ranking being reset to 51. None of which bother me or take me away from the game.

Boba Fett is very iconic. When you think of bounty hunters in Star Wars, do you think of Greedo, Jabba's two-bit lackey that got fried by Han after a brief encounter? No, of course not. You think of Boba Fett. A bounty hunter so dangerous and notorious that even Darth Vader needs to remind him to hold back.
  • First I would say a thread like this should probably go in the feedback forum. So it is at risk of being moved again. Anyway below my thoughts about recent dlc/update:

Maps - I like all the maps they released. These are absolutely gorgeous. It's just too bad I'm constantly in a firefight and can't really take in the sights. It would be nice to have another large 20v20 map, but they did just add two more (even though they were essentially re-skins) in the earlier update.

Extraction Mode - I've liked extraction so far. The main issue seems to be the cluster thst results when the shipment is stopped in a hallway. Also spawns are still messed up. I'm either way far away or right in the middle of the other teams base

Playlist - this is a good option but it needs to be just that, an option. Unfortunately it's the only way to play dlc maps. Bring back being able to play whatever mode over and over (in this case it would have to be small modes only to account for the map size)

Matchmaking - the playlist leads to people quitting after first rotation. Hvv tends to have too few players, I assume this the root cause.

Heroes - the actual choice of the heros is pretty bad. Nien Nunb and greedo? Those are weak characters. Not iconic heroes at all. I know the original trilogy is somewhat limited with additional heroes but chewy, lando, Ben kenobi would have been better than nein. Villians have even fewer choices so greedo is not as bad here, but what about Tarkin, jabba (I know they made fun of him in stream but I'd take him over greedo), bossk (about as much screen time as greedo but much more badasz).

How heroes play - very well actually. This is where they redeem themselves. Nien and greedo are really fun to play. Nien has an upgradeable turett and greedo multiple grenade types. Fun to kill with just feels silly though.

Weapons and star cards -the weapons feel somewhat underwhelming. While I like the feel of the relby it is basically the same as a280c but doesn't fire as fast. The 2 pistols are nice I have to use more but I still think they are kind of mediocre. Sniper is a niche weapon so it's good if u like that play style and are skilled. I'm not.
    Dioxis grenade is pretty good for what it does - area denial. Disruptor and scatter gun also are useful.

Bugs/glitches - way too many. This is unacceptable for a early release dlc. One if the main selling points was getting the content 2 weeks earlier. They should give something else to season pass holders as a gesture of goodwill. Maybe another skin or extra gun. Credits mean little for many at this point.