criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Outer Rim DLC is Not Very Good. Thread for Constructive Criticism

Replies

• Beaver wrote: »
    P1k wrote: »
    Imagine the progress you could have made in the last 5 hours in those games instead of being on this forum.

What for? This forum is way more entertaining than a buggy game. Then again, this forum is also very buggy. Its all terrible. If they cannot fix a simple forum website, how can they fix a complex game?

PC your killing me man...lol If Dice ever adds wampas, I better not catch you behind some cliff face playing red rocket!

Will be difficult since Luke cut of my "main" arm...
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Fallout 4 bugs are nothing compared to the bugs in fallout 3.
    Don't even get me started on comparing fallout and star wars bugs.
    Fallout bugs get fixed or are used and abused for personal enjoyment. Star wars bugs? Hah!
  • Iki wrote: »
    Please guys though, let's be really positive and constructive here. I guess we were too mean to EA in the last thread and they got sad and closed it. So, here's some of my ideas to improve the game:

- Add more freaking Imperial skins already. I mean, holy heck. Only 2 high level imp skins while the Rebels have like what, 6 or 7?

- No more "copy and paste" heroes in this game. Take some time and actually make a unique, truly iconic character that fans want instead of going the lazy route and reusing Sullustan and Rodian heads for heroes that no one asked for. Thanks

- Enough with the close quarters maps. We have enough for now. I know they're probably easier to make than the bigger maps, but really... most players want BIG maps. They're more immersive and fun, and allow for bigger battles with vehicles and heroes

- Next time please actually test your DLC before releasing. The sheer amount of bugs in the Outer Rim is unacceptable.

Thanks everyone. Keep it positive please huehue

The empire doesn't really have that many suits in the movies... As the gueards are taken up by the emperor spawns... and snowtroopers are defult on snow maps...

I was going to talk about how they couldn't add a lot of hereoes, because they died before this time in the movies (the game is set after the 6'th movie, right before the 7'th) but greedo kinda broke that...

Bigger maps should be coming, based on the name "bespin" as the next dlc. (and who knows, we might get more free maps before that)

Unless they really get out there I can't see how you do a WA or Supremacy on Bespin or Death Star. This is why we need conquest back, it was the heart and soul of the original game anyways.
  • PCPrincipalPC
    1388 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I'm a big fan of the game. Haven't stopped since launch. I've enjoyed outer rim. The maps look great and extraction is tons of fun. I had a problem with the hero's at first but once playing with em I really enjoyed em. Boba fett isn't much of an iconic character either but no one seems to complain about him. He had very few scenes and gets knocked into a sarlaac pit by a half blind solo.
    As for the bugs I've only noticed minor ones. My credit's always showing zero. My primary weapon never stays active when I shut the game off. My ranking being reset to 51. None of which bother me or take me away from the game.

Boba Fett is very iconic. When you think of bounty hunters in Star Wars, do you think of Greedo, Jabba's two-bit lackey that got fried by Han after a brief encounter? No, of course not. You think of Boba Fett. A bounty hunter so dangerous and notorious that even Darth Vader needs to remind him to hold back.

You forgot to go "huehuehue"... stay in character and stay PC.
  • Iki
    85 posts Member
    I'm a big fan of the game. Haven't stopped since launch. I've enjoyed outer rim. The maps look great and extraction is tons of fun. I had a problem with the hero's at first but once playing with em I really enjoyed em. Boba fett isn't much of an iconic character either but no one seems to complain about him. He had very few scenes and gets knocked into a sarlaac pit by a half blind solo.
    As for the bugs I've only noticed minor ones. My credit's always showing zero. My primary weapon never stays active when I shut the game off. My ranking being reset to 51. None of which bother me or take me away from the game.

Boba Fett is very iconic. When you think of bounty hunters in Star Wars, do you think of Greedo, Jabba's two-bit lackey that got fried by Han after a brief encounter? No, of course not. You think of Boba Fett. A bounty hunter so dangerous and notorious that even Darth Vader needs to remind him to hold back.

I normally think of jango... you know, the original one. He always seemed more dangerous.
  • superchargedk20
    222 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Basing it only on the trilogy he's not iconic. Fans made him iconic. Not taking anything away from him. But he has little scenes in the movies. How can someone become iconic on screen with maybe a total of 3 -4 minutes of air time? Did he do something so magical in those 4 minutes that made him an icon? Nope. Fans and extended universe made him iconic. Not the movies.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    I disagree^
    I believe he became iconic in the 2nd movie BECAUSE he had such little lines. That helped make him bad A$$. Including his helmet and jetpack. If he had more lines, George would probably have fakd it up.
    He was the biggest disappointment in the 3rd movie and in all of history.
    But Bobba Fett was introduced before the movies (action figures) and he was an instant favorite.
  • I'm a big fan of the game. Haven't stopped since launch. I've enjoyed outer rim. The maps look great and extraction is tons of fun. I had a problem with the hero's at first but once playing with em I really enjoyed em. Boba fett isn't much of an iconic character either but no one seems to complain about him. He had very few scenes and gets knocked into a sarlaac pit by a half blind solo.

Just for you yah, huehue

• Iki
    85 posts Member
    Iki wrote: »
    Please guys though, let's be really positive and constructive here. I guess we were too mean to EA in the last thread and they got sad and closed it. So, here's some of my ideas to improve the game:

- Add more freaking Imperial skins already. I mean, holy heck. Only 2 high level imp skins while the Rebels have like what, 6 or 7?

- No more "copy and paste" heroes in this game. Take some time and actually make a unique, truly iconic character that fans want instead of going the lazy route and reusing Sullustan and Rodian heads for heroes that no one asked for. Thanks

- Enough with the close quarters maps. We have enough for now. I know they're probably easier to make than the bigger maps, but really... most players want BIG maps. They're more immersive and fun, and allow for bigger battles with vehicles and heroes

- Next time please actually test your DLC before releasing. The sheer amount of bugs in the Outer Rim is unacceptable.

The empire doesn't really have that many suits in the movies... As the gueards are taken up by the emperor spawns... and snowtroopers are defult on snow maps...

I was going to talk about how they couldn't add a lot of hereoes, because they died before this time in the movies (the game is set after the 6'th movie, right before the 7'th) but greedo kinda broke that...

Bigger maps should be coming, based on the name "bespin" as the next dlc. (and who knows, we might get more free maps before that)

Unless they really get out there I can't see how you do a WA or Supremacy on Bespin or Death Star. This is why we need conquest back, it was the heart and soul of the original game anyways.

Supremacy is conquest, just smarter... Think about it, how many times did you have to go out and look for the last enemy? In supremacy all the players are focused around single points, so the battle feels and looks much larger.

Cloud city in bespin (if made exactly like the one in battlefront 1) would work really well in supremacy. And they could re-skin the at-at's to some ship flying along the map. (or add a gamemode, like titan (the boarding one from battlefield 2142 and battlefield 4))
  • I'm a big fan of the game. Haven't stopped since launch. I've enjoyed outer rim. The maps look great and extraction is tons of fun. I had a problem with the hero's at first but once playing with em I really enjoyed em. Boba fett isn't much of an iconic character either but no one seems to complain about him. He had very few scenes and gets knocked into a sarlaac pit by a half blind solo.

Just for you yah, huehue

Bless you good sir!

Supremacy is conquest, just smarter... Think about it, how many times did you have to go out and look for the last enemy? In supremacy all the players are focused around single points, so the battle feels and looks much larger.

Cloud city in bespin (if made exactly like the one in battlefront 1) would work really well in supremacy. And they could re-skin the at-at's to some ship flying along the map. (or add a gamemode, like titan (the boarding one from battlefield 2142 and battlefield 4))

Honest question, are you in anyway connected to the development or promotion of this game? You seem to be quite the contrarian to any hint of criticism toward this game, huehue
  • Iki
    85 posts Member

Honest question, are you in anyway connected to the development or promotion of this game? You seem to be quite the contrarian to any hint of criticism toward this game, huehue

No, not at all.
    I just like to look at things from how they function gameplay wise, instead of nostalgic reasons. And like to compare games against games made for the same crowd, not compare an RPG to a shooter for kids...
  • Isn't this thread was closed before?
    Lady Sith<>Darth Talon

https://twitter.com/DarthTalon_

• Darken1479 wrote: »
    I got it, lets all start new accounts and spam the forums with EA/Dice hate mail. That always works.

I'm not spamming. I want to start a constructive conversation about how this really broken game can be improved. Please be nice, huehue

You are definitely spamming your cry session all over the place. Qqqqq
  • Webn8tr_ wrote: »
    Lolol I love it.
    That last thread was making me laugh and cry.
    I absolutely love someone with the name/pic of Nien constructively criticizing the Nien hero.

even i know im not a real hero yah huehuehue

• QQnerfQQ wrote: »
    Darken1479 wrote: »
    I got it, lets all start new accounts and spam the forums with EA/Dice hate mail. That always works.

I'm not spamming. I want to start a constructive conversation about how this really broken game can be improved. Please be nice, huehue

You are definitely spamming your cry session all over the place. Qqqqq

huehue better than you spamming your EA lovefest "omg thank u dice, best dlc evar, i love being iconic hero greedo wow" lul
    Lolol I love it.
    I absolutely love someone with the name/pic of Nien constructively criticizing the Nien hero.

We all know that the op is an impostor... He can't even get Niens laugh right.. Hehehehehehr
    :D:D:D
  • Mods closed my last thread "Outer Rim DLC is One of the Worst DLCs in Gaming History" because apparently it wasn't constructive enough. I think it might be just because they were embarrassed, but that's just me. Can we please have a constructive and positive thread and discuss how this really lackluster and buggy mess of a DLC could be improved? Thank you everyone huehue

This video takes the words right out of my mouth. I'm not going to make suggestions on how to fix this game. They made it they should know how to do this.

Lolol I love it.

We all know that the op is an impostor... He can't even get Niens laugh right.. Hehehehehehr
    :D:D:D

hey, aren't you the shill who sold his soul to EA to play the Outer Rim reveal, huehuehue

what a mess that was

huehue
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Did you guys watch Angry Joe's review about SW battlefront?
    Pretty funny and accurate.
    And constructive
    And constructive

Very constructive yah. I like his reviews. DICE would be smart to listen to him
    And constructive

I hate how he thought battles was like "offline multiplayer" when it clearly isn't and how he doesn't mention instant action when he's talking about the previous battlefront games other than that he's pretty spot on with everything else.
  • Currency rank system is bugged, it randomly adds or removes exp. This is the worst bug.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Webn8tr_ wrote: »
    And constructive

I hate how he thought battles was like "offline multiplayer" when it clearly isn't and how he doesn't mention instant action when he's talking about the previous battlefront games other than that he's pretty spot on with everything else.

Yea I agree with you on that.
    Wish he used the real battlefront as a reference more.
  • Not all of us are good enough to get 1 streak sadly, we all should be able to unlock, just give us the option to pay jabba if challenges are too difficult, it may cost more because jabba is greedy.
    #SoloPlayersMatter: Skirmish was officially confirmed as Arcade Join us on Facebook (870+ members) and on Twitter!

• briandt75
    5610 posts Member

All of this. And that's about as constructive as I'm gonna get. DICE has peed on my rug for the last time.
  • My only complaint would be for Outer Rim is that if your not very good (i.e. Me) then your handed your ***** by the majority of players every other game, can be quite disheartening at times...I'm quite looking forward to having all the community involved a week on Tuesday. Just my opinion. Other than that the maps are stunning and Extraction is a blast
  • My only complaint would be for Outer Rim is that if your not very good (i.e. Me) then your handed your ***** by the majority of players every other game, can be quite disheartening at times...I'm quite looking forward to having all the community involved a week on Tuesday. Just my opinion. Other than that the maps are stunning and Extraction is a blast
  • Personally here's what went right and wrong
    Good
    Hutt Contracts: A fun, interesting way to achieve something. Although not fun for casual gamers.
    Weapons: The weapons are a nice touch to the DLC. Some people complain the DLC didn't give much but at least it's better than what COD gives.
    Extraction: An interesting take of WA meets Cargo, hectic and intense at some moments
    Bad
    One is small maps. Though I can see the point I am also slightly disappointed with it.
    Heroes: The heroes are meh. I didn't mind who they were but their traits are pretty useless when against other Heroes/Villains
    What you looking at?
  • DarthSven wrote: »
    My only complaint would be for Outer Rim is that if your not very good (i.e. Me) then your handed your ***** by the majority of players every other game, can be quite disheartening at times...I'm quite looking forward to having all the community involved a week on Tuesday. Just my opinion. Other than that the maps are stunning and Extraction is a blast

There are some die hard folks that call themselves "professional gamers" - I am pretty sure they came back this week with the DLC. I played against these folks in Dec and was miserable. Then they moved on and I was above average. Then this week, back to miserable. I've been utterly frustrated more than ever at a game this week, with the glitches and the die hards.

I hate quitting, but if I spawn and die 3 times before I can even move, I am quitting.

This is also why a good match making system is needed. But we dont have a good one, if one at all, and there aren't enough players.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • bigred95zj
    18 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I was super excited. I got it on the 22nd of March and love the maps. I was expecting more punch out of the bounty hunter weapons. It absolutely sucks that the new maps and game are not simply part of the way you previously selected games. I don't like all of the games. I am not good at all the games. I play what I enjoy and being forced to play games I do not like will prevent me from playing the outer rim. It takes away the freedom of choice and it is manipulative. Thanks for making me waist $50.00.
  • Mord-Vi
    907 posts Member
    bigred95zj wrote: »
    I was super excited. I got it on the 22nd of March and love the maps. I was expecting more punch out of the bounty hunter weapons. It absolutely sucks that the new maps and game are not simply part of the way you previously selected games. I don't like all of the games. I am not good at all the games. I play what I enjoy and being forced to play games I do not like will prevent me from playing the outer rim. It takes away the freedom of choice and it is manipulative. Thanks for making me waist $50.00.

While I didn't buy the DLC, if i'm not mistaken you can still select the specific maps/modes you want to play, you don't need to use their new quick match option.
    --i7-5960X OC @ 4.4 Ghz--G.SKILL DDR4 16GB--SLI EVGA ACX 2.0 FTW GTX970--
  • Iki
    85 posts Member
    Webn8tr_ wrote: »
    And constructive

I normally don't watch his reviews, as they are so wrong a lot of the time... Seriously, have you seen his devision review? Every talk point in it is wrong...
    He has that thing of comparing games to games they aren't... Like... Well. Comparing the division to an FPS...
  • Iki
    85 posts Member
    Not all of us are good enough to get 1 streak sadly, we all should be able to unlock, just give us the option to pay jabba if challenges are too difficult, it may cost more because jabba is greedy.

If you are bad enough to not be able to get 10 kills in a match of walker assault... then you probably shouldn't be playing this game... sorry.
  • Iki
    85 posts Member

You know that you are getting 3 more dlc's for that $50? and that it keeps them from being ubisoft. (a new $60 game each year.)
  • Almost stopped reading when it was suggested that Greedo was more iconic than Boba Fett.

Going by the definition of iconic, there are fan favorite hunters that surpass Greedo in that regard. Bossk is more iconic and is one of the most highly requested villains.

Greedo is a f***ing failure. He's no more a bounty hunter than Wuher or Dr. Evazan. He is super fun to play as though. It's very satisfying (though baffling tbh) to be able to gun down Luke and Solo in a straight fight.

Solo. Greedo can kill Solo in a straight shootout. Let that sink in.
  • Mord-Vi wrote: »

While I didn't buy the DLC, if i'm not mistaken you can still select the specific maps/modes you want to play, you don't need to use their new quick match option.

Yea you can still select any of the individual games using all the old maps. Not any of the new outer rim maps can be individually selected including the new game mode extraction.

You know that you are getting 3 more dlc's for that $50? and that it keeps them from being ubisoft. (a new $60 game each year.)

Yes i understand there are more DLCs coming but if they will also force me to play games/modes i suck at they will be fairly usless to me as well.

I am not what i would call a great player but i was able to complete the Jabba Contracts i wanted with ease. I do fairly well at cargo and some of the other small scale games but can't play cargo on any of the outer rIm maps because I get my a$$ handed to me on the larger scale games.
  • Iki
    85 posts Member

Yes i understand there are more DLCs coming but if they will also force me to play games/modes i suck at they will be fairly usless to me as well.

I am not what i would call a great player but i was able to complete the Jabba Contracts i wanted with ease. I do fairly well at cargo and some of the other small scale games but can't play cargo on any of the outer rIm maps because I get my a$$ handed to me on the larger scale games.

Based on feedback they are not going to force much uppon people.
    There might be more challanges, but nothing too difficult.
  • Don't get me wrong. I think the new maps are awesome. The multiple levels, tunnels and cat walks are super cool. I even understand having the heroes we got with the maps being jabba's palace and Sullust. It makes perfect sense even though they are heads we have already seen, it did make that easier to develope. I just wish the new maps were thrown into the rotation for the game modes i play and extraction was a selectable game mode like cargo and blast any everything else.
  • Please guys though, let's be really positive and constructive here. I guess we were too mean to EA in the last thread and they got sad and closed it. So, here's some of my ideas to improve the game:

Just my personal opinion but the close quarters maps are what makes this game good. We really don't have that many.
    The big maps to me are boring. So now we have a good mix of both.
    This game now feels way more like the originals
  • NickygUrl wrote: »

Just my personal opinion but the close quarters maps are what makes this game good. We really don't have that many.

I don't understand anything you just said, it doesn't make sense sorry
  • The game was made primarily for chillun that aren't old enough to even know what a forum is. Our cries out in anguish mean nothing.
  • NickygUrl wrote: »

I don't understand anything you just said, it doesn't make sense sorry

Sorry you are unhappy with the DLC.
  • P1k wrote: »
    And every level 50+ player would still use shadowtrooper (even on Hoth)

I used to be sure to switch off of shadow trooper before hoth but it really doesn't matter. Snow troopers aren't exactly difficult to see either. The imperial advantage on hoth doesn't come close to comparing to the rebel advantage on the endor maps.
  • Lots of winning here. There´s no big maps, wooo. So? you will get big maps in next DLC. And probably you will cry because there is no cloque quarters in that one. Don´t like the game, don´t play it. Yes, it has problems but i don´t think they do that on porpuse. They are human, you know? they are allowed to try and miss. You act like you own F---ng Dice. They will do what they think it´s best and you gotta deal with that. End of story. And if you don´t like it don´t play the game. Period
    And constructive

the Best review of the game. I love a lot of thing of this game but this game could be better. People who bought the game and season pass deserves better content
  • Once i have completed the Hutt contract i do not need to constantly see 100% completed. Also why does it only show the first 3 i unlocked? It would have been nice to follow the progres of the ones i was working on after the third one.
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    LMAO at this thread, what a joke!
  • you’re wrong it was the best dlc you hater
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png