criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Should a New Developer be Brought in for the Next Battlefront?

A lot of people aren't happy with DICE. Discuss

huehue

Replies

• Oh hell yes. I personally, hate DICE. They still have yet to release a single update or DLC that doesn't bring more glitches and broken content than it fixes. They continually ruin more content than they fix. Use Ubisoft. Use an elementary school. Use a dog. Who cares just gotta get rid of DICE. They can't do anything right, and so far they are showing they won't get it right anytime soon. Sorry @Sledgehammer70 , but you guys gotta get your act together, or get out. [Just an opinion, if you have a different one, no need to be a jackass and and start an argument, just post your opinion]
  • Oh hell yes. I personally, hate DICE. They still have yet to release a single update or DLC that doesn't bring more glitches and broken content than it fixes. They continually ruin more content than they fix. Use Ubisoft. Use an elementary school. Use a dog. Who cares just gotta get rid of DICE. They can't do anything right, and so far they are showing they won't get it right anytime soon. Sorry @Sledgehammer70 , but you guys gotta get your act together, or get out. [Just an opinion, if you have a different one, no need to be a jackass and and start an argument, just post your opinion]

IKR? They give us so many terrible bugs and just go on vacation, leaving us like babies with unchanged diapers. That rash is going to hurt.
    tumblr_nusp5jmZkZ1r4o9xho1_r1_1280.jpg
    "Social justice 1, 2, 3 woo woo! I want to be PC woo woo!"
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    HuehueHuehue huehue hue heh
  • MadatArms
    171 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I do love the Epic sound and Visuals in this game and if thats all people wanted then there wouldn't be a problem and the gameplay is a lot of fun and addicting despite the numerous issues I have to admit, but that's where it stops for me.

I agree they have sadly dropped the ball in this one with lack of content, too many glitches and fixing what's not broken while delayed problems remain.

This is my first Dice game ever, I can see and feel their dedication when I play poured into making it feel like Star Wars for the most part and if only they put that same love and care into the rest.
  • Before they censor your opinion, they have a 10 year contract to produce Star Wars games so I doubt a new developer will be brought in.
    You'll Never Beat The Irish
  • I've a problem with their communication. They said they are listening, but try to speak with the community at a minimum, change things that no one aksed for, maybe convert 10% what people want to see after the different patches and releases or make some really doubtful desicions, like the dead Rencor, Jabba or the first DLC with only small maps.

Furthermore there is still content missing e.g. Chewy or Obi Wan from the OT and bringing maps like Sulluust and heroes like Nien. Then they invite/ask only people who like the game and don't want to improve it in order to get just "good" reviews.
    I didn't buy the OR DLC. Nonetheless it's an effrontery to release an unfinished and untested update/software to customers which payed for it. After this Dice Developers went into vactions without bad conscience.

Also they are bringing dozens of different modes, but most of them are boring or too linear.

If EA has a license for the next 10 years, they could make a Battlefront for the "mainstream" people who like this game and make a real Battlefront 3 as a real successor from Battlefront 2. Then watch which one as higher sales figures. Not only shipped numbers ;)

Feel free to open a new thread with the title stop whining or crying. I don't care.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• @Pope_Palpatine ; contracts can be bought out, and since Disney purchased the franchise, and Disney has so much money, if they read these forums for like 3 minutes they'll definitely buy DICE out of their contract. There's no way Disney will stand for this ****... Even being the cheap cash-grabbing **** suckers they are.
  • There are always clauses in contracts. If not enough revenue is made or popularity falls too quickly then the contract could be broken imo. You guys think Disney would just sign a 10 year contract without a fail safe mechanism? Not a chance.
  • There are always clauses in contracts. If not enough revenue is made or popularity falls too quickly then the contract could be broken imo. You guys think Disney would just sign a 10 year contract without a fail safe mechanism? Not a chance.

Isn't the contract with EA, and not DICE? EA can choose who actually develops it.
  • @NeinNunbHueHue ; Then EA should kick DICE out the door right away. Either way, DICE should be gone.
  • Quizolio
    3221 posts Member
    At this point I'm not even sure I want another Battlefront, knowing how this one went.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • Agreed I am EXTREMELY disappointed with the decisions DICE made with this game not to mention they rushed the game out and gave us a game with VERY little content and a boat load of bugs and issues that STILL exist today! The hit detection issues along with the server connectivity problems leaves this gameat the moment as a big pile of digital garbage. When the game does work properly it can be fun for about an hour but gets really old really fast! I wish they would have just cloned either the original Battlefront game or BF4. ANY developer would have done a MUCH better job. I knew as soon as DICE got in bed with EA that things would go down hill for them. EA has a unethical business model and history of nickel and dimeing their customers to death. Plus a history of releasing unfinished games and just patching them later! I will not buy another DICE or EA game for a VERY long time! At least until they either drop EA or start releasing reliable games with very little bugs!
  • Agreed I am EXTREMELY disappointed with the decisions DICE made with this game not to mention they rushed the game out and gave us a game with VERY little content and a boat load of bugs and issues that STILL exist today! The hit detection issues along with the server connectivity problems leaves this gameat the moment as a big pile of digital garbage. When the game does work properly it can be fun for about an hour but gets really old really fast! I wish they would have just cloned either the original Battlefront game or BF4. ANY developer would have done a MUCH better job. I knew as soon as DICE got in bed with EA that things would go down hill for them. EA has a unethical business model and history of nickel and dimeing their customers to death. Plus a history of releasing unfinished games and just patching them later! I will not buy another DICE or EA game for a VERY long time! At least until they either drop EA or start releasing reliable games with very little bugs!

Dont forget how they DESTROYED the Command & Conquer franchise. Thanks, Ob... I mean, EA.
    tumblr_nusp5jmZkZ1r4o9xho1_r1_1280.jpg
    "Social justice 1, 2, 3 woo woo! I want to be PC woo woo!"
  • No, but they must seriously need some more manpower to help iron the kinks out before releases and create a larger game with more content. It's the only true logical explanation since they work countless hours and all this is still going on. Maybe EA isn't funding as much as they should be, either.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited April 2016

Dont forget how they DESTROYED the Command & Conquer franchise. Thanks, Ob... I mean, EA.
    Don't forget Dead Space 3, how they made it more action and they couldn't sell it as good as the other two parts.

For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png