criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

I bought the Season Pass today.

So I purchased the season pass today and to be honest I'm really glad I did which goes against the grain on this forum it seems at times..

Other than the glaring bugs that have surfaced because of it I think this DLC is very very good. I'd of loved to of seen more big maps but I'm content with the 3 Free additional ones we were given.

There's always room for "more" but the Extraction game mode is extremely good and the new Heroes and Villains ( against my previous judgement ) really work well.

The maps are great and the Hut contracts are making me play modes and use weapons I never used before.

I used to be bitter when this game first came out with its lack of depth an horrendous balancing issues,

I purchased the season pass today because this game is awesome and I'm fully confident in the content to cone in the future.

Id love to see Extraction opened on the other maps and I'm still questing for a partial No Hud that takes the hud away but keeps the aiming reticle so I don't have to stick stuff to my TV lol.

If anyone is on the fence about the Dlc and the season pass I'd strongly recommend that you do it, it's too easy to get bogged down with what's wrong with this game while on these forums to truly appreciate the things that are correct.. Of you like the game your some how an EA C*** Sucker??

Don't get dragged down with that crud because the haters will make you hate the game long before the game will.

To the Dev's - well done it's awesome, now hurry and patch it please ;)

Replies

• OldGuy
    57 posts Member
    Well said. I love the game and the dlc. Looking forward to what's to come.
  • I'm enjoying the new playlist. It got me out of my shell as I stuck to big modes and blast. I don't mind the rotating playlist but I'm sure eventually it'll get old and they'll have to add separate playlists or something.
  • Good for you! Without the bugs this is the game out there now.
  • the game is awesome and never deserved the sh!tstorm it got from the beginning. I also bought the season pass because I enjoy the gameplay and I can see myself playing this game for at least another year. also this game isnt going to die because this is star wars and not some random no name brand like hardline.
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    It is a fun CQ DLC, and Extraction has got to be the best small map mode yet.
  • the problem isn't the lack of content anymore. it's the lack of players. sure the dlcs are fun and all but what's the point of getting the season pass when in 3 months nobody will be playing anymore
  • Great to hear, I've been having a ball with it too. Extraction is a lot of fun and agree it'd be nice to see it on more maps. HvV is my favorite mode and have really enjoyed the 8v8. The playlist has got me playing Cargo and Blast, which i had rarely done before.

I've been fortunate to not to experience any bugs except credits not displaying after a match, but I am getting the credits. I'm on ps4 (West Coast) and always find matches quick and full of most full. The couple of times I've got in a 3v1 match in outer rim, I've restated the game and got into full matches.
  • I really like it too. I'm older, and perhaps that's part of comments that people make. Maybe the forum should show age next to usernames - it would be telling, I think.
  • the problem isn't the lack of content anymore. it's the lack of players. sure the dlcs are fun and all but what's the point of getting the season pass when in 3 months nobody will be playing anymore

It's good to see people agree, there is problems with player count on Pc so I'm told.. but on the European servers I can pretty much guarantee a game whenever I play on Ps4.

Nit getting a game is something I have never experienced and I've put in a reputable amount of time so far.

I have every confidence that when all the Dlcs are out and the game is fully optimised that this game will be a genuine classic.

Don't think I've been bind since launch I'm aware of the blatant issues and disappointments this game has had.. But I can see where we are going now and I'm happy to support that.

The biggest issue is the " smoke and mirrors " lack of communication that the entire industry has these days In my opinion.

People have been saying this since November lol. Don't know how many threads saying after xmas rush the game will be dead. After the first dlc the community will be split and the game will be dead... but yet here we are. Full games no matter what I chose.
  • John427
    93 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I must admit I got my season pass a while ago now and I have never regretted buying it the Outer rim DLC is really good.This is easily my most played game.

Yes there are some bugs but I am confident Dice will patch them we just need to give them time
  • Bad move
  • SpaceNewb wrote: »
    I really like it too. I'm older, and perhaps that's part of comments that people make. Maybe the forum should show age next to usernames - it would be telling, I think.

Yeah, as a veteran of Atari and Intellivision some of the criticisms make me laugh. I don't think some people know how good they have it. People expect everything to be perfect 100% of the time. This bit by Louis CK kind of sums up my feeling on this:

• Plugh
    18 posts Member
    Great clip. Took me awhile to see how it is relevant. But if you had a time machine and showed this game to your young Atari 2600-playing self, you wouldn't believe it. You certainly couldn't imagine people complaining about it. I get it.
  • Well yeah i grew up playing atari and colecovision but i never stop playing and evolved with the games also you used to get so much more than you do today in the early 2000
  • Well yeah i grew up playing atari and colecovision but i never stop playing and evolved with the games also you used to get so much more than you do today in the early 2000

You could say that about everything to be fair not just the gaming industry
  • BlackgoliathJW
    901 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    SpaceNewb wrote: »
    I really like it too. I'm older, and perhaps that's part of comments that people make. Maybe the forum should show age next to usernames - it would be telling, I think.

Yeah, as a veteran of Atari and Intellivision some of the criticisms make me laugh. I don't think some people know how good they have it. People expect everything to be perfect 100% of the time. This bit by Louis CK kind of sums up my feeling on this:

:D Perfect clip. Applies here very well :D

And we'll said OP. I'm on the same page as you.
  • Bah,

Ive played since Space Invaders and Zork, Telnet MUDs, built computers since the mid 90s, played EverQuest, dreamed of 3D MP games, Ran Nax in WoW on the first edition, and there are basic issues with this game that shouldn't exist.

Like a server browser, auto balance, team shuffle.

I don't need to be a coder or developer to see that this is another week of fail. They dropped an axe hotfix and gave people 5k credits to try and appease and went on holiday. And even still, the XP and Credit issues are still broke.

If you pay $120 for WoW, you could play 24/7 for a 6 months and still be busy. I am not promoting WoW, just saying that shows you how much material is possible for the same price. Does the game look amazing, sure, it does, not one person doubts that. But after that, right there, it's nothing special.

I defended this game in Dec, and said "lets wait for the free drops and patches first" - well, they came, and it was, and is a mess. I think some folks are picking this game up in the last weeks and don't appreciate the time and dedication many fans of BF and SW have given this game since release. Even the Jakku map was screwed up for a bit.

I am middle aged, and I see entitlement kids, but there are things broke in this game that should have been fixed by now. Auto Balance. Team Shuffle. Server Browser. Basic stuff, that is in fact, in their other games.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    Ive played since Space Invaders and Zork, Telnet MUDs ...

Ah, a kindred spirit. Your point is good. I just started playing this weekend, so I haven't gone through the previous struggles that would lead to a bitterness against the game. I don't have season pass and have only 5 hrs game time with the DH-17 and a scout pistol. So I fit your description of a newcomer.

Reading this forum puts me on the fence for the season pass, but playing the game makes me really want to enjoy it like the OP. Is there hope?

Ah, a kindred spirit. Your point is good. I just started playing this weekend, so I haven't gone through the previous struggles that would lead to a bitterness against the game. I don't have season pass and have only 5 hrs game time with the DH-17 and a scout pistol. So I fit your description of a newcomer.

Reading this forum puts me on the fence for the season pass, but playing the game makes me really want to enjoy it like the OP. Is there hope?

The game you are getting - well the game before the DLC dropped and broke everything, is a much better product that Nov 17. And with the DLC, you have a lot of good play time ahead. I'd watch videos, and maybe buy the DLC as stand alone, and go from there. The SP includes a March (ish) 2017 DLC, which is unlikely to be that much or that populated.

But the common little things that are still broke - I have no understanding of. How a DLC drops that breaks credits and XP - that is mind blowing in 2016.

• oh - I also broke my own rule about buying on release. I will be returning to my 3-6 month window. FPS makes things tough, because the first patch or 2 usually gets it closer to being right, but at the same time, you dont want to miss the population window. I'd say 3-4 months wait on a top FPS is about right. 6 months on anything else.

It's all about your attitude. If you want to nitpick, and complain about every little thing, then no. If you want to appreciate the direction the developers are taking the game, and all the interesting things that you have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy, then yes!

Season pass owner, with about 12 hrs playtime on the dlc and I'm loving it. But look for yourself- there are many videos and lots of information out there on the first dlc.
    Was On The List but is not anymore.

It's all about your attitude. If you want to nitpick, and complain about every little thing, then no. If you want to appreciate the direction the developers are taking the game, and all the interesting things that you have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy, then yes!

Season pass owner, with about 12 hrs playtime on the dlc and I'm loving it. But look for yourself- there are many videos and lots of information out there on the first dlc.

Respectfully, that comes across like the legitimate complaints are being petty.

The FS crowd has been politely and consistently asking for FS not to be out of balance since release. In fact the late Dec patch, the expectation was that was the #1 priority.

It's still broke. That isnt being nit picky, or having a bad attitude. It just is. This game also gets around B- reviews, and it would clearly be a solid C if the graphics werent so good. That's not a game representative of the empires of Disney/Lucas/EA/DICE. The SW title should alone mean worth a better end game.

• tommytom64
    1089 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I have the season pass as well and do not regret my decision. You're going to get lots of hate for choosing how to spend your money because "YOU ARE THE REASON VIDEO GAMES ARE BEING RUINED," just ignore it. It's your money, you choose how to spend it, don't let some immature strangers on an Internet forum sway your opinion.

Are there problems with this game? Yes. Is it flawless and perfect? No. But it is VERY fun, in my opinion anyway.
  • tommytom64 wrote: »
    I have the season pass as well and do not regret my decision. You're going to get lots of hate for choosing how to spend your money because "YOU ARE THE REASON VIDEO GAMES ARE BEING RUINED," just ignore it. It's your money, you choose how to spend it, don't let some immature strangers on an Internet forum sway your opinion.

Are there problems with this game? Yes. Is it flawless and perfect? No. But it is VERY fun, in my opinion anyway.

This is pretty much my opinion. No one's saying the game doesn't have issues, and I for one would like to see more content in the Bespin drop.

Fs is by far my favourite mode and one I've complained about the most, it's alot more balanced now but you still have to work alot harder as an Imperial to win, I feel new vehicles with shields will achieve this or anti lock Speed Boosting on TIEs..

The genuine issues the community arise on here are swamped and mired by incessant droning of high and mighty keyboard warrior entitlement kids talking jive and genuinely being as un-constructive as they can, there are so many that just come here to say how bad the game is that it makes you wonder how they still even play a game they hate so much!?

This forum doesn't even account for 1% of the total player base of this game despite what people say and this series is not going away..
    EA will keep building and making new ones despite the salty hate you see on here.

I am in my 30's and you don't get to that age without understanding how to ask for things properly if you have your head screwed on.
    But throwing your toys out the pram when the Dev's "aren't working quick enough" and are "Lazy" is just laughable..

My all time favourites are the Lawsuit kids though they crack me up! :smiley:

To quote Taylor Swift - "F*** Off Kanye."

MTFBWU