criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Forest of Endor

Will you guys buy swbf2?

Sb2432
2605 posts Member
I know I will, but might not get season pass right away what about you guys?

Replies

• Yes..
  • GRDNANGL172
    5513 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Sadly no. At least not without trying it first. 100% no season pass again from EA. Ever. They are going to have to do a lot better in eliminating bugs and balancing game or I won't be giving them another cent. Same goes for battlefield 5. Lost my confidence.
  • Nope.
  • I'll definetly wait before buying swbf2, not buying a season pass right away ever either.
  • About zero percent probability.
    I purchased season pass for this. Doubt that I will be able to maintain interest until the next DLC drop. Far too little content, delivered far too slowly.

For the next one, I will until both the game and at least one DLC are out and well reviewed.

• Hotdogmancer
    255 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Not a chance.

How many months in that look at what the topics of discussion are:

1.) bugs.

2.) people arguing over whether the game sucks or is awesome in either childlike simplistic terms or in measured, reasoned and weary confessions that the game just doesn't work for them any more.

3.) fantasizing about content that doesn't exist. ( wouldnt it be neat if, or what do you think is going to be in the next DLC, or please give us more skins)

Think about the sort of threads you rarely see here ( or on reddit)

At this point, on any other successful FPS there would be discussions about playstyle, strategy, optimizing load outs, progression, Like, that's ALL people talk about in other FPS's

Those discussions don't happen in EA Battlefront. There is a reason why. It's just too damn simple.
  • Why are you talking about SWBF2 ?????
    The first game hasn't come out yet, It's still in beta. Let's wait and see how the first one turns out.
  • I think its a little early to decide. We have seen nothing, and I'm sure the devs will learn a lot from this release. We need to actually see it before saying "no no no", in my opinin.
  • I would not even consider paying for the season pass until they fix the constant server problems.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Only if they fix this game.
  • Godling
    450 posts Member
    wHR39YK.gif.....
  • If I see some drastic improvement, then yes. Otherwise, if they don't fix their mistakes there is no point in fighting for them to fix them again.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Yes, I will be buying it. I'll probably give into the hype. But I do hope they make some changes to it. I don't mind the casual nature behind it, and while "star cards" and "powerups" are guilty pleasures of mine, I would like these to be taken out in favor of classes/kits, gadgets, and hopping into actual vehicles, as well as random heroes (maybe hero tokens can say). It also NEEDS server browser and team autobalance at launch, as well as more communication options. It doesn't have to be as complex/hardcore/whatever-you-want-to-call-it as, say, Battlefield, but it doesn't have to be SUPER casual either. People who pick up the game only to have fun and people who want to have a real experience with it should both be able to enjoy this game, in my opinion - if you know what I mean.

I'll try to avoid the season pass though. I haven't regret my decision yet, but it's a very risky investment, and who knows what the future holds?
  • no chance this game should have never been released with this amount of content,i never got the season pass and glad i did not,but the sad thing is people will still order without knowing what they are getting and this sort of thing will continue.
  • Assassino37
    1104 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I will. (Assuming) the clone wars era has so much to use and will allow for a different type of game and experience. Like someone else said, I AM confident Dice and EA will learn a lot from this game and the 2nd will only be better off because of it.

Didn't buy the season pass for this game, who knows about the next. It's not worth talking about - all I care about is what the the core game will be like right now.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • I'll probably wait a while longer before pre-ordering maybe see about offline multiplayer, but I have fun with this game so probably will buy it.
    My biggest issues with this game are: Bugs and Lack of Offline Multiplayer.
    Sure, look at how successful those previous two games were! Let's not do anything remotely similar to those!
    Supporter of offline multiplayer! #soloplayersmatter
  • yes...
  • I'll probably wait a while longer before pre-ordering maybe see about offline multiplayer, but I have fun with this game so probably will buy it.
    Sure, look at how successful those previous two games were! Let's not do anything remotely similar to those!

this is a remake, the first two games have little to do with this, sadly. Though i think the gameplay in this is more solid

this is a remake, the first two games have little to do with this, sadly. Though i think the gameplay in this is more solid

This game isn't worthy of carrying the Battlefront name. If you want to remake something improve upon the old version, while also bringing new things. We should have been able to expect some resemblance between the games, even if it is a remake. Instead we got this pathetic excuse of a Battlefront game.
    Supporter of offline multiplayer! #soloplayersmatter
  • Farad48
    298 posts Member
    I'll buy it because this is better than BF4 imo, and any other shooters have failed to secure my interest.
  • Sparrow422 wrote: »
    Why are you talking about SWBF2 ?????
    The first game hasn't come out yet, It's still in beta. Let's wait and see how the first one turns out.

Lol...Ur killing me faster than the Imploder spam... XD