criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

"Gamer tags" worthy of mockery

Cyonyde
253 posts Member
edited March 2016
I've noticed a trend. There are a class of players that have the word "you", or "u" in their names. For example (note that these aren't real names... just examples), things like... come2killu, comeToPwnU, pwningU etc. This includes names that refer to death or dying... nowYouDie, die4me,RUready2die and so on. Basically, it's a class of players with a name that attempts to taunt.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems as though these types of players have little to no skill and usually end a game with terrible scores. If they do manage to get a kill, it's just from some random circumstance, or from them camping in a dark corner or inside some terrain. I just came across such a player on Turning Point Jakku. The unnamed player had 12 kills and 20 deaths at the end of the long game. The only time he killed me was when he was camped out inside one of the AT-AT hulls. He was just crouching in it as his rebel teammates were pushing forward on an objective.

I had to do an eye-roll when he killed me. It takes a lot of skill to sit still, lying in wait, hoping at a chance at a random passerby.

Replies

• Tell me, how would you judge the name poopfart?
  • I like to laugh emote people with those kind of tags. Just have to.
  • I enjoy killing those players, it's always a "So much for that." kind of thing.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I killed a gamer with the tag with something like Ugotnochanze or something like that over and over with the xwing while he was on the ground. He tried ion shot, ion torps, I blew 2 atst's out from under him. It was hysterical. At least 9 kills on this guy in one game. I think he picked the wrong tag.
  • QQnerfQQ
    642 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Well, you were in a ship and he was infantry. Kind of like killing someone as a hero. Not really worth being pumped about. Regardless, names like those are generally used by **** bags.
  • It was just the irony. Ya know?
  • Just throwing this out there...but did u ever wonder if it is a generational thing? Like maybe all these similar names and yet sucky players are because they are 7-10 year olds? The names suggest kids to me. I often wonder who my other players are.. you know.. like the one who runs in circles (is he handicapped and playing through a mouth stick?), etc.. You never really know.
  • Arco
    176 posts Member
    Played against a guy called "Noobhunter". He went about 3-20.

I'm not sure he understood that his tag admits of two meanings, only one of which is true.
  • GRDNANGL172
    5513 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I coujd swear I saw that tag before. Are you on PS4?
  • Add those tags with something like "ur mom" to the list, too. They're still out there... :neutral:
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • Damn, so if i change my tag maybe I'll get a few kills
  • My all time favorite was TrollDung. That player would add clan tags in front to say:
    WarmTrollDung
    HotTrollDung
    SmellTrollDung
    SoftTrollDung
    HardTrollDung

The list goes on lol
  • Arco
    176 posts Member

Noobhunter? Yes on PS4, Australian or US West servers. Might have had a number after it to distinguish him from the other hundred "Noobhunters".
  • Penguins__
    160 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    My name of Penguins__ is what I'm stuck with for years from my 10 year old self or whatever that didn't know that's our playstation name for life without getting rid of all progress. Mine isn't all that bad, all things considered, but a lot of people likely have grown out of their name.
  • GRDNANGL172
    5513 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Arco wrote: »

Noobhunter? Yes on PS4, Australian or US West servers. Might have had a number after it to distinguish him from the other hundred "Noobhunters".

Yeah I play west us on PS4. I remember the name with the horrid KDR. Who could forget that lol.
  • I am accused of doing this. I will admit my PS username is Yourmudtome. A ps account that i've had for way too long, but dont want to get rid of because of all the trophies. I yet regret this name to this day because of the obvious grammar error. But my K/d is way better on ps4 than PC. Which is Spaceballs14, i believe.
  • Cyonyde wrote: »
    I've noticed a trend. There are a class of players that have the word "you", or "u" in their names. For example (note that these aren't real names... just examples), things like... come2killu, comeToPwnU, pwningU etc. This includes names that refer to death or dying... nowYouDie, die4me,RUready2die and so on. Basically, it's a class of players with a name that attempts to taunt.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems as though these types of players have little to no skill and usually end a game with terrible scores. If they do manage to get a kill, it's just from some random circumstance, or from them camping in a dark corner or inside some terrain. I just came across such a player on Turning Point Jakku. The unnamed player had 12 kills and 20 deaths at the end of the long game. The only time he killed me was when he was camped out inside one of the AT-AT hulls. He was just crouching in it as his rebel teammates were pushing forward on an objective.

I had to do an eye-roll when he killed me. It takes a lot of skill to sit still, lying in wait, hoping at a chance at a random passerby.

I have ran into a few of these players, and yes they stink.
  • can't stand "gotothegym" i don't need a reminder
  • Arco wrote: »

Is it Noobhunter94? I'm on ps4, US West and saw this name on my team on a few HvV matches. Not sure if they were good, bad or if they were one of the ones shooting the walls.
  • Well I had one guy that got me more than a few times in a round of Extraction.

"fistinudeeply".

I laughed everytime I got killed, and for many games after. I don't know if he was good, but he probably didn't suck.
  • There is a person on PS4 east coast tag is "satans wet dream " I was like wow. Good pilot though
  • Yeah I remember laughing out loud when I saw this on the kill board lol!
  • As a MSTie, my name means something to me, I saw Dirk Hard Peck. This means some else is a MSTie as well.
  • Seeing those names usually annoyes me unless they can actually play well enough, or try to play, at least try.
    My biggest issue is when people laugh emote upon killing me, really annoys me for some reason. Not to mention they spend so much time laughing they end up dying anyways...
    Supporter of offline multiplayer! #soloplayersmatter
  • Cyonyde wrote: »

Actually, corner watching in smaller game modes, such as cargo, do require some skill. Because its usually more than one person that comes around the corner. Some examples:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=4d1X7uLGkRc
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=I0J3vWmL-vw
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=4wvThGecHjA
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=pnfeP4t-Tgs
  • Seeing those names usually annoyes me unless they can actually play well enough, or try to play, at least try.
    My biggest issue is when people laugh emote upon killing me, really annoys me for some reason. Not to mention they spend so much time laughing they end up dying anyways...

Yes... It bothers me too, especially wen the person that laugh emotes is good, i then proceed to not play the objective and kill said player over and over, using my laugh emote. Makes me feel better, but makes me lose

Yes... It bothers me too, especially wen the person that laugh emotes is good, i then proceed to not play the objective and kill said player over and over, using my laugh emote. Makes me feel better, but makes me lose

Well, I don't do that... But if three people walk into a room I'm more likely to shoot him first!

Well, I don't do that... But if three people walk into a room I'm more likely to shoot him first!

Lol i dont necessarily do it either, but I have a friend who did this to me, so i did it back to him... good times
  • Penguins__ wrote: »
    My name of Penguins__ is what I'm stuck with for years from my 10 year old self or whatever that didn't know that's our playstation name for life without getting rid of all progress. Mine isn't all that bad, all things considered, but a lot of people likely have grown out of their name.

Mines dadevinator, and I made it when I was 11 and the ps3 first came out

I just stuck with the name my Xbox auto-generated. I actually kind of like it, as long as people don't start making suggestive jokes regarding to "cougar".
  • I killed a gamer with the tag with something like Ugotnochanze or something like that over and over with the xwing while he was on the ground. He tried ion shot, ion torps, I blew 2 atst's out from under him. It was hysterical. At least 9 kills on this guy in one game. I think he picked the wrong tag.

I never want to play against you, but this is hilarious.

On a side note, I have finally started to realize where these **** are who camp in some dark corner or on a ledge or something and ignore all objectives to kill as many people as possible. Occasionally I take special pride in tossing a grenade their way or camping for a few seconds opposite them. I remember one ledge on Endor where they just kept coming over and over again.

I just stuck with the name my Xbox auto-generated. I actually kind of like it, as long as people don't start making suggestive jokes regarding to "cougar".

I used the Xbox generator to find a name for my mom's profile on our Xbox 360 a few years ago so that she could watch Netflix and such without accidentally destroying all of my ****. Everything we put in was not working, so I used the generator. The first result: TubbiestMoose

It stuck. XD

I used the Xbox generator to find a name for my mom's profile on our Xbox 360 a few years ago so that she could watch Netflix and such without accidentally destroying all of my ****. Everything we put in was not working, so I used the generator. The first result: TubbiestMoose

It stuck. XD

I had a friend get: FastestCracker42. He later became known as FastestKiller42, somewhat better... I guess...