criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Whatever happened to First Assault?

Whatever happened to First Assault? That game looked amazing, I loved the tone, weapons, and scant gameplay we got from the trailer. Then Disney bought Lucasarts, shuttered it, and First Assault died before it lived, or was even announced properly.
So, EA, or anyone listening... I'd love some answers. There are plenty of Battlefront abilities that are reminiscent of that game, and I'm curious as to what happened to it.
Consider me a fan who'd still buy that game day One if it released, even as a budget title on Xbox or PC. It looked amazing, and I would like to see it live. I've no other way to contact EA, and Disney is impossible to get through to it seems, so in the immortal words of Princess Leia:

"You're my only hope."

Thanks!

Replies

• First Assault looked like a great Xbox Live Arcade game. Sad that it was cancelled with Star Wars 1313. :(
    tumblr_nmx5rwJMgv1sjw1w1o1_500.gif
  • It got cancelled.

EA will only be focused on Star Wars games which they can entirely make themselves, to take the engine, assists, code, design, ect from a dead development team would be a logistical nightmare.
    <Insert Witty Statement Here>
  • In my humble opinion, it shouldn't have been canceled :(
    Why not hire the folks who made the game originally, make a sub-team from them, and have them work on it?
  • KKatarn16 wrote: »
    In my humble opinion, it shouldn't have been canceled :(
    Why not hire the folks who made the game originally, make a sub-team from them, and have them work on it?

Most likely because by the time EA had got the licence, those employees were gone.

They would have started working at other companies or left the industry and there might not even be an EA studio anywhere near where their studio was.
    There's no guarantee they'd come back, they could already be in a contract, they might have moved, they might even want to work on the game any-more (who knows, game could have been terrible).

Like I said, logistical nightmare.
    <Insert Witty Statement Here>
  • RedKnight
    3 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    New footage of canned 2012 Star Wars. A great loss.

First Assault: LINK: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-11-05-new-footage-of-canned-2012-star-wars-game-first-assault-appears

• Still looks like it could've been an impressive game.

STAR WARS blasters still have ammo cartridges, and this games used that system rather than a poor infinite ammo and overheat system.

Bring back Dark Forces and Jedi Knight already.
  • KKatarn16 wrote: »
    Whatever happened to First Assault? That game looked amazing, I loved the tone, weapons, and scant gameplay we got from the trailer. Then Disney bought Lucasarts, shuttered it, and First Assault died before it lived, or was even announced properly.
    So, EA, or anyone listening... I'd love some answers. There are plenty of Battlefront abilities that are reminiscent of that game, and I'm curious as to what happened to it.
    Consider me a fan who'd still buy that game day One if it released, even as a budget title on Xbox or PC. It looked amazing, and I would like to see it live. I've no other way to contact EA, and Disney is impossible to get through to it seems, so in the immortal words of Princess Leia:

"You're my only hope."

Thanks!

It got kidnapped by Disney and handed down by EA in its secret evil labs and under went the SPARTAN-II project and became this new Star Wars Battlefront we know now
    -A convoluted signature

• Meh
    The market doesn't need more star wars games.
    DID I TELL YOU THAT I REALLY LOVE TAYLOR SWIFT ???! #ANewEra
    76561198071153223.png
  • The market needs more quality STAR WARS games.