criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Your Top 5 Star Wars Games!

Hush
209 posts Member
Hey all, thought it might be interesting to hear back from the community on what your favourite Star Wars games have been down the years. Here's my Top 5:

1. Knights of the Old Republic (2003)
2. Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (2004)
3. Battlefront (2015)
4. Lego Star Wars the Complete Saga (2007)
5. Empire at War (2006)

Knights of the Old Republic I & II are among my favourite stories in the Star Wars universe. Love that they were so far removed from the OT era yet still felt apart of it. They added a greater depth to the Star Wars history for me. Battlefront I just find to be a fun shooter. Would love to see Fighter Squadron overhauled & Instant Action though. Galactic Conquest for the next one as well. Lego Star Wars was great fun particularly if you ever wondered what the movies would be like if all the actors forgot their dialogue. Empire at War is Galactic Conquest in RTS form. It was great and included space & land battles.

Honourable mention: Return of the Jedi (1984). Some epic childhood memories playing this in the Arcades.

Replies

• the original star wars arcade game was cool at the time

but my top 5 are:

battlefront 2
    lego star wars the original trilogy
    lego star wars the complete saga
    knights of the old republic 2
    knights of the old republic

honorable mentions are the original star wars arcade game, super empire strikes back and super return of the jedi, and lego star wars 3
  • Hush
    209 posts Member
    the original star wars arcade game was cool at the time

but my top 5 are:

battlefront 2
    lego star wars the original trilogy
    lego star wars the complete saga
    knights of the old republic 2
    knights of the old republic

honorable mentions are the original star wars arcade game, super empire strikes back and super return of the jedi, and lego star wars 3

I flip flop on which KotOR game I like most all the time. I think the story is stronger in the 1st game but I prefer the darker tone of the 2nd. I've never replayed any RPGs as much as I have the KotOR games.
  • Sletchy
    126 posts Member
    1- galactic battlegrounds
    2- battlefront 2
    3- rogue squadron/leader
    4- Jedi outcast/academy
    5- empire at war
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Kotor 2 (with mods)
    Kotor 1
    Battlefront (pandemic studios 2004?)
    Pod Racer/Racer Revenge
    Republic Commando
  • Hush
    209 posts Member
    Ha ha! I remember Pod Racer that was a fun game.
  • Outside of the Battlefront games, I remember playing the SNES "Super" trilogy... a LOT.

I also played "The Phantom Menace" for PSX, too. Not because it was good, but because there was a level where you could play as Qui Gon Jinn and go on a Tatooine rampage, kill Jar Jar and basically have everyone in the town come after you. It was how I dealt with my movie disappointment.

I always hear about how amazing KOTOR is, but I was never able to play.
  • Ezio
    974 posts Member
    1. Battlefront (Pandemic)
    2. Battlefront 2 (they took out my favorite maps)
    3. Battlefront EA
    4. LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
    5. Star Wars the Old Republic

These are also the only real Star Wars games I've actually played at any significant length.
  • precu SWG
    Jedi outcast
    republic commando
    then im gonna have to go with the original starwars game for atari :) i feel old..
  • 1. TIE fighter - absolutely loved this game back in the day.
    2. X-Wng Alliance
    3. SWBF
    4. BF 1
    5. BF 2
  • Hush
    209 posts Member
    precu SWG
    Jedi outcast
    republic commando
    then im gonna have to go with the original starwars game for atari :) i feel old..

Lol. Gamers don't get old. They level up!
  • DO2L
    129 posts Member
    KOTOR I
    KOTOR II
    Battlefront II
    Republic Commando
    Jedi Knight

And hats off to the person who brought up the Star Wars trilogy on SNES, loved those.
  • DarthOdious2002
    222 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I've only ever played LEGO Star Wars [PSP and then XBOX 360 - two different games] and this one [PS4]. I did have a chance to play the old games from 2000-2002 as I got a free code with my game [IDK if others got this] - I only really enjoyed Podracer and BountyHunter
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    No particular Order-

-Battlefront EA
    -Battlefront 2
    -Lego Star Wars the complete saga (when the first Lego SW came out I FREAKED out)
    -Pod Racers "N64" heck ya
    -SWTOR

May the force be with you.
  • LetItBleed1980
    135 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    In no particular order

Knights Of The Old Republic
    Rogue Squadron
    TIE Fighter
    Star Wars: The Arcade Game
    Battlefront (the first one)
  • Reesh
    424 posts Member
    Anyone getting the new Star Wars TFA Lego game ? I'm pretty excited for This one :)
  • Tough one...
    - KOTOR
    - Jedi Knight (Dark Forces II? and also Jedi Outcast)
    - Republic Commando
    - X-Wing
    - Lego Star Wars (only game I played with my wife and we had a lot of fun together)
  • -Kotor
    -Shadows of the Empire N64
    -Battlefront 1 PC
    -Battlefront 2 PC
    -Empire at War PC
  • 1.KOTOR (dominates all other candidates)
    2.Rogue Squadron
    3. Super Star Wars
    4. Jedi Power Battles
    5. Battlefront (this game)
  • Hush
    209 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Reesh wrote: »
    Anyone getting the new Star Wars TFA Lego game ? I'm pretty excited for This one :)

Yeah. That trailer was great!
    1.KOTOR (dominates all other candidates)

• fubbajub
    247 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    @DO2L Indeed, still have my cartridges. Need to hook up an old SNES again.

Just now remembered "Rebel Assault 2" for Playstation, loved that one.

• 1) X-wing Alliance
    2) X-wing vs Tie
    3) Battlefront 2
    4) Battlefront EA
    5) Rogue Squadron

I pretty much have them all and still play them. The older ones I play in HD with the DG Voodoo wrapper.
    I would have an extended list because most are great games. I guess it's safe to say BF EA bumped the Lego Trilogy off my top 5 list
    2i6i0jo.gif Me

• Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Hush wrote: »
    Ha ha! I remember Pod Racer that was a fun game.

You can get racer revenge on ps4.
  • fubbajub wrote: »

I didn't even know they made a second one. I was pretty disappointed by the first one, I saved up for a Sega CD just because I wanted that game. I thought it was going to be a flight simulator and not a rail shooter. The second one looks better though from what I've just seen.
  • 1) Episode 1 Racer
    2) BF 2
    3) Battlefront EA
    4) Rogue Squadron: Rebel Strike
    5) Empire at War

Never played any of the RPGs so I cant include them, but im sure they would be up there
  • Reesh
    424 posts Member

Pretty funny trailer hey lol :joy: pre ordered it as soon as I seen it
  • Hush
    209 posts Member

Pretty funny trailer hey lol :joy: pre ordered it as soon as I seen it

Here's the trailer for those who haven't seen it...

• All this Lego Star Wars stuff makes me wish I still played with Legos. When I was a kid I had to make my own Star Wars Legos, and it was hard. TIE Fighters were easy to make but things like X-Wings and Lambda Shuttles involved borrowing my mom's hot glue gun. I've only played two of the Lego games, Star Wars and Indiana Jones, they were both fun so I'll probably check this one out.
  • xxMillhouse
    213 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Kotor 1 & Kotor 2 (which the new world was officially added last summer via stream, 10 years later by Obsidian)
    Jedi Outcast
    Battlefront (current as I never played originals)
    Pod Racing on N64
  • fubbajub wrote: »

I didn't even know they made a second one. I was pretty disappointed by the first one, I saved up for a Sega CD just because I wanted that game. I thought it was going to be a flight simulator and not a rail shooter. The second one looks better though from what I've just seen.

I never played the first, but from what I heard, it was. I'm also looking back through the lense of nostalgia. It could have been the worst game, and I played it because it had my favorite franchise name attached. Afterall, I did own "Ghostbusters" for NES (but, even as a kid, I KNEW that was awful... while still playing)
  • In terms of NON-video game Star Wars, I love FFG's Star Wars LCG. And just today, I fell down the rabbit hole that is buying the X-Wing core set.
  • Pod Racer was incredibly fun too
    So many great games really, forgot about Force Unleashed as well....
  • Kotor 1 and 2 (2 being my favourite) both have awesome story lines with big open worlds to explore. Anyone that hasn't tried them certainly should if possible.
    1- KOTOR 2
    2- KOTOR
    3- EA's battlefront
    4- Battlefront 2
    5- Can't remember the name!?! O well I'll just go with SWOTOR since it took a week or so of my life from me.
  • Pod Racer was incredibly fun too
    So many great games really, forgot about Force Unleashed as well....

Yeah, I've never been too big into racing games of any sort but I enjoyed that one.
  • Hush
    209 posts Member
    Kotor 1 & Kotor 2 (which the new world was officially added last summer via stream, 10 years later by Obsidian)

Didn't realize they added the planet in. I'll have to pick it up on Steam. Thnxs 4 the info.
  • Frix
    626 posts Member
    All I am going to say Rouge Squadron. B)
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    I'm sorry.
    But I thought the old republic was bad.
    It almost ruined kotor. It definitely ruined Revan.
    It was just all about the money =\
  • xxMillhouse
    213 posts Member
    edited March 2016

Didn't realize they added the planet in. I'll have to pick it up on Steam. Thnxs 4 the info.

Yeah it was like $2.99 or 3.99, and they made it compatible for windows 7/8/10 & Xbox one controller too which is what I used. Also it was modded by them to work with hd monitors.
  • Elderish
    283 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    KOTOR is hands down my favorite star wars game. I played a lot of Xwing vs. TIE fighter too.
  • Kj-ZoSo
    609 posts Member
    Not in any particular order, as they're all so good (all on PC):

1. Dark Forces
    2. Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight & expansion
    3. X-Wing & expansions
    4. TIE Fighter & expansions
    5. X-Wing Alliance

And, erm...

6. Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast... & Jedi Academy sequel ;)

1, 3 and 4 have the best post John Williams score STAR WARS musical compositions, in interactive form. The music changed according to the game. So atmospheric and immersive. Incredible story lines and missions. Awesome. Good times.