criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Would you play a Star Wars: Deathtroopers game?

If there was a Star Wars: Deathtroopers game (maybe even fan made), would you play it? Maybe if it included gamemodes like Survival or Infection (when you die you get to be a zombie)? I probably would.

Replies

• Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    Depends. If it was just your typical zombie game, no. I need something that would make it standout from the rest of the games, as the zombie genre really has gotten generic and boring at this point.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Yup. I was thinking of an Infection mode that would kinda be the main mode. If you die you get to choose between a few classes of zombies. One could be a runner and can grab survivors, entering a mode where both players have to mash a button (like a saber duel), but more zombies (oh btw, there are weak melee attacking AI zombies) could support the runner to make it harder for the survivor to, well, survive. If the runner is successful, then the survivor dies. There could also be a support zombie that has infection tanks strapped to his back. All zombies that stay around him have a health boost. There could also be intelligent zombies that could use blasters. Sorry for making you read so much, just got bored and had a ton of ideas. Wanted to put them somewhere.
  • Frix
    626 posts Member
    If there was a Star Wars: Deathtroopers game (maybe even fan made), would you play it? Maybe if it included gamemodes like Survival or Infection (when you die you get to be a zombie)? I probably would.

NO NO NO NO NO

The culture is way oversaturated with zombies and it is annoying. Lets just hope Disney doesn't contaminate Star Wars, leaves that out of the canon star wars universe, and leaves it to one obscure old legends book.
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    Tobikun wrote: »

Deathtroopers aren't canon anymore due to Disney. (in other words they didn't even exist.)

Actually, they are. Brought back through Star Wars Commander.
    death-troopers-star-wars-commander.jpg
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Frix
    626 posts Member
    Tobikun wrote: »

Deathtroopers aren't canon anymore due to Disney. (in other words they didn't even exist.)

Actually, they are. Brought back through Star Wars Commander.
    death-troopers-star-wars-commander.jpg

SHHHHHHHHHHH no one cares about that game lets just forget that happened and push it back into the obscurity of legends
  • Quizolio
    3221 posts Member
    I'd be for this game.

The zombie stormtroopers should have a level up system, based on how many players they can kill. As they level up, their intelligence increases to the point where they can use blasters (although barely). In the book, the zombies grew more intelligent as they watched the survivors and eventually started using the weapons of their former lives.

If done right, this could work.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad