criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY Official Teaser Trailer

Prev1

Please but all of this in the last Dlc Dice!!! Looks awesome!

Replies

• Degener8
    447 posts Member
    It looks great doesn't it :) really excited :)
  • It looks ok ( I guess ), But the AT-ATs does not look so good like the from episode 5....... they look like a low budget CGI effect.

But I'm still very excited. ;)
  • Makes me want play some Walker Assault :)
    Im thinking this is gonna be even better than the Force Awakens.
  • Wow I cant wait!

woohoo.jpg
    tumblr_nusp5jmZkZ1r4o9xho1_r1_1280.jpg
    "Social justice 1, 2, 3 woo woo! I want to be PC woo woo!"
  • 327th_Guy wrote: »
    It looks ok ( I guess ), But the AT-ATs does not look so good like the from episode 5....... they look like a low budget CGI effect.

I agree, they should have skipped the red things on it! Still looks awesome though
  • tuna_sushi
    604 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    this trailer has everything i want in EABF.
    man i am stoked.

i posed this in a diff thread, but it's worth pointing out here.
    new scarab trooper armor in white seen in this trailer.

63yqvq.jpg
  • PCPrincipalPC
    1388 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I just wish that the, meh, female lead (again??) wouldnt resemble Jennifer Lawrence and make me think this is the hunger games in a galaxy far, far away...
  • joeybmx7
    1020 posts Member
    It looks soooo good!

We NEED Offline Galactic Assault (Where the objectives are suitable for the AI and where the ENTIRE large scale maps are utilized by both the player and AI), Vehicle AI to fight against in large scale battles offline, and of course SA Offline.
    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    It would be pretty easy to be better than TFA.
    I'm excited
  • tts42572
    1163 posts Member
    Looks great to me...

I think it's rumored that Vader and Boba Fett will be making an appearance since it's set just before New Hope.

It would be amazing to see Vader back on the screen....Kinda like seeing Han/Leia back in Force Awakens.
  • DarthJ
    6822 posts Member
    Yeah big rumour on Vader having a cameo.

I can see Boba having a cameo in that and Han's solo film (see what I did there?!) before his own film comes out.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DOWNWARDZ
    1067 posts Member
    I just wish that the, meh, female lead (again??) wouldnt resemble Jennifer Lawrence and make me think this is the hunger games in a galaxy far, far away...

Based on the trailer dialogue...this character has some attitude and looks like a bad ___. I didn't get the Hunger feel at all.
  • looks pretty sick
  • Deerber
    766 posts Member
    Webn8tr_ wrote: »
    It would be pretty easy to be better than TFA.
    I'm excited

I know, right? At least this will be something new and original so it's gonna be better than that pos a priori.

I still don't get much of the SW vibes to be honest, but maybe it's cause it's just a teaser.
  • fubbajub
    247 posts Member
    Soooo... since this is in the original trilogy era... does this mean new skins for Imperials and Maps? Will THIS be the 4th expansion? Also, exciting to see the original Stormtroopers in a new Star Wars again.
  • To be honest i'm massively underwhelmed by the trailer but I was also underwhelmed by the premise in general. Couldn't give 2 hoots how the bothans got the plans for the Death Star. Reckon this will be a online stream job rather than cinema.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    This will probably have a lot more new info than TFA ^

I also heard rumors of vader/boba.
    And that Vader will have different armor? That mite be lies
  • dada_shift
    1730 posts Member
    The rumors on vaders cameo..
    Thought I read somewhere ...he was gona be pretty violent....

I hope so
  • DarthJ
    6822 posts Member
    This will probably have a lot more new info than TFA ^

I also heard rumors of vader/boba.
    And that Vader will have different armor? That mite be lies

I hope Vader doesn't have different armour - his look was permanent almost pretty much from episode 3 onwards (just with the red eyes in ANH). I'd rather just see him as he is.

Whats the timescale before ANH and this film?
  • DarthJ
    6822 posts Member
    Was just thinking he would have calmed down by this point and would be less violent (well, less violent than usual).
  • fubbajub
    247 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Was just thinking he would have calmed down by this point and would be less violent (well, less violent than usual).

He shouldn't be very agile, do to all the prosthetic limbs. Well, that was the canon explanation for the style of the episode iv lightsaber duel, anyway.
  • Ademis
    141 posts Member
    Bothans stole the plans for the second deathstar not the first.

• DarthJ
    6822 posts Member
    @fubbajub yeah true, I meant more personality though - at the end of ep 3 he would be explosive/violent I'd imagine due to thinking he killed Padme. By the start of 4 I think he would be more in control.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Ademis wrote: »
    Bothans stole the plans for the second deathstar not the first.

Nvm
  • dada_shift
    1730 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Thought I read he would like useing rebels as sheilds..chopping people up.just violent from what I read
    At the end of 3...he was pretty ticked off..
    I would imagine..to strike fear throughout the galaxys..there must be a reason.

• I think it looks awesome. A more gruesome, gritty, warish feel to Star Wars sounds nice. Not a huge fan of the new Deathtroopers though. But it is nice to see the classic stormtroopers back in action, and even people like Mon Mothma.
  • Vanfacer
    135 posts Member
    Vader should not have a cameo he should be in the entire movie maybe hsppen
  • So happy to see original stormtroopers are back !
    Far superior looking to the force awakens stormtroopers.
  • DarthJ
    6822 posts Member
    dada_shift wrote: »
    http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/star-wars/news/a781585/a-more-violent-darth-vader-will-dismember-rebels-in-star-wars-movie-rogue-one/

That's the article...I read

Put what stock into it as you will

But that's WHAT I WANNA SEE!

Looks cool!
  • This looks awesome, maybe the movie becomes better than TFA. Also I hope they mention Fulcrum.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Zach
    549 posts Member
    327th_Guy wrote: »
    It looks ok ( I guess ), But the AT-ATs does not look so good like the from episode 5....... they look like a low budget CGI effect.

Probably a different variant from the AT-ATs in Episode V. Even the AT-AT in Episode VI had some minor detail differences than the Episode V ones. And if you have any doubts about CGI budget, just check out that Star Destroyer and the Death Star construction scene :p
  • Piscettios
    6147 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Overall it looks cool. Very interested..

But, I'm failing to see or be convinced she is badass. Her 'rebel' quote was pure cheese and made me cringe.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • dada_shift
    1730 posts Member
    Felicity Jones >Daisy Ridley

:p
  • fubbajub
    247 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    @fubbajub yeah true, I meant more personality though - at the end of ep 3 he would be explosive/violent I'd imagine due to thinking he killed Padme. By the start of 4 I think he would be more in control.

Yeah, very true. I guess, speaking more from personal preference, I hope they don't make him more dynamic, like they did for Yoda in the prequels. I wasn't really a fan of the spastic Yoda, and I don't want to see them give Darth Vader that advanced kind of mobility, just because they can now. Obviously, they won't have him doing backflips, but you know what I mean. I would like to see him depicted with the same demeanor from the original trilogy.
  • fyrefox46
    2787 posts Member
    Zach wrote: »

Probably a different variant from the AT-ATs in Episode V. Even the AT-AT in Episode VI had some minor detail differences than the Episode V ones. And if you have any doubts about CGI budget, just check out that Star Destroyer and the Death Star construction scene :p
    Zach wrote: »

Almost positive that SD was a model. They should be going the mostly practical route again where possible.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member

Young Carrie Fisher in her slave bikini > everyone else
  • Regarding the part about Vader decapitating and dismembering soldiers, that would probably get an 'R' rating. I don't see Disney going that route. That would really limit the audience (sales) for this movie.
  • fubbajub
    247 posts Member
    Regarding the part about Vader decapitating and dismembering soldiers, that would probably get an 'R' rating. I don't see Disney going that route. That would really limit the audience (sales) for this movie.

"BUT DEADPOOL WAS A VERY SUCCESSFUL R-RATED FILM!!!" - People who don't understand why Deadpool was successful.
  • This looks good. I'm on board! I didn't get a Hunger Games feel in a galaxy far, far away, either. Seems very character driven focused around battles. That seems like a good thing. Really cool seeing the never-seen-before stormtroopers, vehicles, locations, and the Imperial Royal Guards, too.

Rumors have it that Darth Vader's Episode IV helmet and costume were recreated exactly to a "T" for a small cameo scene(s) in this film.

Also, it now makes sense that EA & DICE have Battlefront's third Season Pass expansion pack releasing this Fall right before the movie's release, much like they did with the Force Awakens and the Jakku map beforehand. I hope they include these never-seen-before Stormtroopers, vehicles, and locations. But then again, I wouldn't hold my breath, as this really doesn't count as "original trilogy" as what EA & DICE are solely focusing on because this is a stand-alone film.

And speaking of locations from the trailer, look... more sand! Ugh!
  • dada_shift
    1730 posts Member

Haha..true though
  • The AT-ATs in the trailer are an older model than the ones used in ESB. They are the ones used in the tv show Rebels. They still look cool in my opinion jaut skinnier. The entire trailer looks amazing and has my hyped for this movie.
  • dada_shift
    1730 posts Member
    Regarding the part about Vader decapitating and dismembering soldiers, that would probably get an 'R' rating. I don't see Disney going that route. That would really limit the audience (sales) for this movie.

Yeah..I don't see Disney allowing decapitations..
    But it could be done... in a non graphical way
  • Overall I like it and as of now i am excited for it. I hope Alexandre Desplat can deliver an appropriate score, a big part of the Star Wars films. His conduction of the SW Main Theme for TFA was weak.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    The AT-ATs in the trailer are an older model than the ones used in ESB. They are the ones used in the tv show Rebels. They still look cool in my opinion jaut skinnier. The entire trailer looks amazing and has my hyped for this movie.

This^
    They are not the original AT-AT.
    We see them on star wars Rebels.
    Lightsabers are able to cut through the legs unlike the "new" OT version.
  • fubbajub wrote: »

"BUT DEADPOOL WAS A VERY SUCCESSFUL R-RATED FILM!!!" - People who don't understand why Deadpool was successful.

Very true that 'R' rated movies can be very successful, but look at the movies that could have been 'R' but were made 'PG13' to include that demographic: all of the superhero movies, LOTR, Harry Potter, Guardians, Jurassic Park/World, Hunger Games, etc. All could have shown much more graphic things, and while that may have made for better movies, they would more than likely have not made near as much money. Not to mention all of the toy/merch tie-ins you could lose by not catering to the 13 and under crowd. And most of all, it wouldn't fall in line with the other films. I don't see that happening, IMO. Just my $.02.
  • Webn8tr_ wrote: »

Exactly! That costume was made for her. There is no woman in the world that can remotely look as good as Carrie Fisher did in it.
  • Yes, finally we saw the new "Invasion Mode" with four AT-AT's at the end of the Trailer :)
  • About dismemberment... why would that need an R rating? Obi Wan chopped off an arm in New Hope with blood showing. Vader chopped off Luke's hand in ESB. In RotS, Obi Wan chops three limbs off Anakin who then burns in lava partially.

As long as the scene isn't too gory, Vader can chop down a few Rebels without an R rating.
  • RoG
    31 posts Member
    Another Mary Sue...