criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

How optimistic are you about the quality of future DLC after playing Outer Rim?

Prev1
I just want to gauge how the community is feeling about future DLC now that Outer Rim is out. Personally, Outer Rim was quite a disappoint and it felt like a very low effort DLC. I actually think it might be one of the worst DLCs in gaming history, considering the disappointing content (lazy, copy & paste heroes that no one wanted, underwhelming weapons, lack of player skins, only small maps, etc.) and the unacceptable amount of bugs it brought (that still haven't been fixed after nearly 3 weeks).

I'm hoping things will get better because I really think this game has potential, but right now I'm concerned.

/discuss

huehuehue

Replies

• Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    HueHue
    Bugs and glitches! Woohoo!
    Be constructive everyone
    Huehue
  • Webn8tr_ wrote: »
    HueHue
    Bugs and glitches! Woohoo!
    Be constructive everyone
    Huehue

Huehue

Listen to the man

Some people (no names) are very sensitive on here and will close threads if ur a meaniehead

so let's all be nice and constructive mmkay? thx

huehuehue
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    If we don't get space battles or space to ground combat on Bespin I will be very sad.
  • Mord-Vi
    907 posts Member
    The fact that game population actually went down since the release is not a good sign in general.
    --i7-5960X OC @ 4.4 Ghz--G.SKILL DDR4 16GB--SLI EVGA ACX 2.0 FTW GTX970--
  • Billiam301
    569 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I had no problem with the quality of the DLC; The maps are of decent quality and even though the heroes aren't so iconic, they're still fun to play with (and do make some sense for the DLC's setting; a Sullustian and one of Jabba's minions). New weapons and star cards are also fun

However the presentation of the DLC I take issue with.

The whole playlist concept as it is now is awful. I want to be able to chose a mode and keep on playing that mode for as long as I want. additionally why is there no ability to chose the specific map you want to play?

this DLC also created a huge number of bugs.

And finally, in order to deal with the issue that a minority of players automatically became level 60, DICE/EA decided the best way to deal with this problem would be to reset everyone's levels. WTF?! I lost a lot of respect for them when they did that. Why should a minor glitch only affecting a minority cause the devs to do something that will have a negative effect on the majority? They should have just left it. So what if some people instantly reached level 60.

To answer the question, I am looking forward to the content of the next DLCs, but only the content.
    "The force is strong with this one."
  • Billiam301 wrote: »
    I had no problem with the quality of the DLC; The maps are of decent quality and even though the heroes aren't so iconic, they're still fun to play with (and do make some sense for the DLC's setting; a Sullustian and one of Jabba's minions). New weapons and star cards are also fun

The whole playlist concept as it is now is awful. I want to be able to chose a mode and keep on playing that mode for as long as I want. additionally why is there no ability to chose the specific map you want to play?

And finally, in order to deal with the issue that a minority of players automatically became level 60, DICE/EA decided the best way to deal with this problem would be to reset everyone's levels. WTF?! I lost a lot of respect for them when they did that. Why should a glitch only affecting a minority have a negative effect on the majority?

Good solid constructive post. Thank you Mr. Billiam

huehue
  • All bugs and glitches considered, after seeing twighlight on hoth, survivors of endor, the twitch stream, the quality of the outer rim maps, how bad as greedo and numb are, the scatter gun, dioxis and DL-18 .... My optimism is very high. These guys at dice are more than capable.
  • Ezio
    974 posts Member
    I'm actually pretty optimistic for the future DLC. I understand there were bugs, but none of them are gamebreaking for me. Minor annoyances, yes, but I can hold on until they get fixed. I do hope that Dice is able to better test next time to prevent those bugs.

I'm especially optimistic towards the content. The new content is pretty great, especially the star cards in my opinion. I do agree with the majority that a lot of the new guns are underpowered, but I hope they get those fixed and hope they won't make that mistake again. The new modes and maps are great. I've mostly been a fan of CQC so they played right into my forte, but I still enjoy the larger modes.

In short, it mostly depends on the Bespin DLC for me now. If they can learn from their mistakes on the bugs in Outer Rim and pump out tech that isn't underpowered at start, then I'll be on the edge of my seat waiting for the next two. If they don't and there are as many problems as Outer Rim, I'll be back on the forums with everybody else being cautiously optimistic about Death Star.
  • LOCO_MOFO
    1466 posts Member
    I expect more disappointment and many more bugs.
  • Farad48
    298 posts Member
    I haven't played the DLC yet. Planning to get it tonight because I'm finally free from exams for a few weeks!
  • For me I have mixed feelings with this DLC.

I (surprisingly) love Nien Nunb and Greedo. Why the designs are the same as the characters you can get in-game, they are surprisingly powerful. Especially Greedo. If you go behind a hero like Han or Leia, you can easily kill them quite fast.

I do like the new maps added. Sorosuub Refinery is my favorite map. I love the amount of obstacles you can get behind. Sneak-kills are quite enjoyable here and sniping also has its advantages. Jabba's Palace is also very unique. There are many doors and passage ways that can get you confused lol.

I also am surprised on the Hutt contracts. Forcing to play different weapons to unlock new ones has helped me get out of my safe zone (Heroes Vs. Villains). I now love Blast and that's how I found Sorosuub Refinery. I don't use any of the new weapons or star cards added though.

Now here is where I am disappointed and frustrated in this DLC and update overall.

I am very disappointed that I cannot pick which map I want. I really only enjoy Sorosuub Refinery and wish I could stick with that. I also wish there was a filter added to this game. I wish I could filter for the rebels, or the imperials in different game modes as each have their advantages in different maps.

The bugs oh my GOD.

This is what really makes me frustrated.

This actually goes back before the DLC. There is a problem where this bug will either press R1, L1, or Triangle (ps4) and use/activate what you have there. I have seen multiple times throughout the day of it wasting my Triangle boost and pressing L1/R1. This isn't my controller as I have 3 of them, this is the coding. It is not possible to press those while waiting for the match to start. This is clear evidence the coding is messed up. I would appreciate if it would stop wasting the items I buy with credits.

Another problem I have noticed with this DLC update is the map. It appears enemies running behind you (shor or long range) will not show up on your map and therefore you die.

The Dl-44. Everyone is starting with this weapon now. I wondered why so many people had Dl-44s everywhere and now I know. I also have it set on preset gun and I never chose that gun before. This just happened a few days ago. It happens whenever you start up the game.

Wrong leveling/credit texts. Whenever I finish a match, I earn the XP I got from the match but then check my profile while in lobby and see it's lower. So which is it? Also, the text shows I'm not getting credits but I am.
    Nien Nunb's defense. I am not sure if this was on purpose or not, but his defense is worse than Palpatine's.
    I've tested around with my friends in some matches and concluded using the Pulse Cannon close and far against Nien causes his to lose exactly 33 points of his health and puts his health at 67. Now, I don't know about you, but this just isn't right. Losing nearly a 1/3 of his health with one shot against a regular trooper just doesn't add up to the other characters in the game.

Vader's Block. I tweeted to @eastarwars and have wondered why his block is nearly-impenetrable. They tweeted saying it was what the community wanted. Really? His block is unrealistic and very improper against everyone in the game. He should not be able to block every incoming fire against a multitude of people. The only thing he takes significant damage from is sniping, but that's only +50 points. I've played him as well and I can block all of the incoming blaster fire while losing little health and then, after they max out their guns, I can easily kill and then easily rotate this position for however long I want. It should be lowered down. Not to what it originally was, but not this high either.

I believe Palpatine needed this upgrade, not Vader. Palpatine is the second squishy character after Nien.

For miscellaneous, sometimes you get stuck in certain part of the maps and die. The only area I really see this is in Ice Caves where the mountain is that enters into the lower caves.

• peck71
    160 posts Member
    After they rushed the game to make it in time for the movie hype. They have been rushing to get this DLC out. I didn't buy it, so i can't really judge it. But with all the bugs and the lack of iconic heroes makes me glad i didn't fall for the second cash grab. :)
  • Folkb
    322 posts Member
    Seems ok. I liked the scatter gun, adrenaline st in and the two heroes. Don't care much about the rest of it.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Pretty good feedback @Serasina
    Definitely agree with the Emperor.
    He needs a lot of work.. and he's my favorite!
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    The bugs I can deal with, the play list I cant, other then that, I like the new maps, and I really like the new Extraction game mode. As far as the weapons and Star Cards? They need work.
  • I would say that if a reference point for judging the quality of this game is based on its population decrease then I would be worried.
  • I loved the dlc and can't wait for more. I admit the playlists could use work. Hopefully there won't be as much issue as more dlc comes out. Same with bugs, which I didn't really feel affected by that much. Just irritating seeing those hutt contracts every battle and whatnot. And of course I always want more content than is given but that's just because the thirst can never really be quenched. I'll always want more star wars. But I loved the detail they put into the content. Jaba's palace especially. Insane detail and nods to the movies. And I look forward to the rest because I know it'll look, play, and feel as authentic as possible. Good job DICE.
    One thing though. If the next heroes aren't Chewy and Bosk, and there aren't going to be free ones. I will sad face.

Don't make me sad face.
  • ND513
    550 posts Member
    I like the maps. The heros, while lazy copy pastes, are fun to play with, Imo. But that's about it. I'm basically already bored with the outer rim DLC. I'm left wanting more. Feeling disappointed
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    ND513 wrote: »
    I like the maps. The heros, while lazy copy pastes, are fun to play with, Imo. But that's about it. I'm basically already bored with the outer rim DLC. I'm left wanting more. Feeling disappointed

Great new game mode in Extraction, beautiful new maps, new weapons and Star Cards for $15 bucks. I went to Wenydy's and bought two cheeseburgers a large fry and coke for $14 and change yesterday....that was lunch! how can anyone be disappointed in this DLC for the price?
  • Kevin11
    96 posts Member
    I am as excited as I could be! I was looking forward to this dlc the least but I have been enjoying it to the fullest. I've experienced no bugs or glitches at all and all I've played for the last 10 hours of battlefront is the outer rim playlist. Bespin is my favorite star wars place and death star is cool too, I'm a cqc guy so hopefully they still cater to us with upcoming dlc
  • Solomace
    356 posts Member
    Beaver wrote: »
    ND513 wrote: »

Great new game mode in Extraction, beautiful new maps, new weapons and Star Cards for $15 bucks. I went to Wenydy's and bought two cheeseburgers a large fry and coke for $14 and change yesterday....that was lunch! how can anyone be disappointed in this DLC for the price?

No idea why people keep trying to use analogies when it comes to trying to explain the worth of something. Do they not understand that people view the worth of things differently from things worth £1 to £1000?

In the end, if people don't like the DLC, you're advocating them to waste money on something they don't think is worth it because in your eyes it is worth it because burger and chips costs nearly as much.

Rubbish...
  • sektzAh
    110 posts Member
    I'm optimistic about a future DLC cause it will probably only improve. OR isn't bad at all, it just might've been released too quickly. They should consider it as a learning factor.

I like the new maps / unlockables / Extraction game mode. What I personally would love to see is more skins for the imperials. I was quite looking forward to that one, might be something for the new DLC release.

Hopefully they'll fix the bugs and listen to the feedback from the community. The most important thing to fix is the auto-balance system, credits, hutt contracts but I'm sure they will.
  • parsec67
    299 posts Member
    Overall I'm optimistic. I like small maps better and not all new weapons are junk. E.g. the Relby could be great with some minor buffing, scatter gun is a beast CQC. New extraction mode is so much fun, great addition.

But the bugs and playlist... if this isn't addressed soon I may have to revise my opinion.
  • Im happy enough with it, bugs and all. Would have liked 1 larger map in Outer Rim but hey ho, more content still to come. There will be continuous improvements and more content release. I knew what i signed up for before i bought the game and season pass and was aware of how EA/DICE work. This is my first online MP game and i really enjoy it. Im amazed people are surprised by the way it's panning out so far after what id heard about battlefield4. I expected this and am happy to roll with the punches. I think people getting upset around heroes, fixes etc is a lack of patience and understanding - and honestly quite childish. You may not always like everything, but there will be someome else who does enjoy it and they have an eclectic player base to please. Remember DICE are working under Disney and their tight canon. Im looking forward to how much more this game will improve.
  • Joonlar
    1154 posts Member
    - Jabba's Palace is the one good map

- No large modes. No Drop Zone. Blast has less players than normal

- The playlist sucks

- Scattergun is the only good weapon.

Pretty underwhelming in my opinion. This first DLC feels kind of lazy because of how the maps share the same environment of already existing planets and likewise the Heroes use already existing appearance and items. It's like they took the easy options this on this first pack. I can imagine the Bespin and Death Star DLCs being a lot better than Outer Rim.
  • Kalsar
    469 posts Member
    Folkb wrote: »
    Seems ok. I liked the scatter gun, adrenaline st in and the two heroes. Don't care much about the rest of it.

This is exactly what I like about the DLC too along with the new Endor map.

I hope they find a way to increase the depth of gameplay in future DLC packs and they are a bit more substantial.
  • When I saw the description for the upcoming DLC's in the Road Map I always thought that Outer Rim will be the weakest one. When Outer Rim came out I was so disappointed that we did not get any large mode maps, only small CQC maps. And than I went on to play Extraction and I also was lucky enough to catch Greedo and Nien Nunb in my first few hours. And I loved everything. I loved the heroes even if they ain't iconic they are hugely fun to play, I love Extraction (much more fun than any other CQ game modes) and right now I can give for this DLC a good 7 or a weak 8 out of 10 points. The bugs that came with the update are annoying to say the least but they do not make the game unplayable, and I'm willing to give DICE the benefit of doubt until they sort out the bugs in the next update, but I still can't understand how the bugs get by testing, how did they not observed this? They only did automated testing without developer input and trial or what? The bugs are just lame but they aren't affecting my score for the DLC. Having said that I still feel that this DLC will be the weakest of them all (except maybe DLC 4 ... we will see what that will be about) so I'm very hopeful for Bespin and the Death Star DLC. The game mode is a great addition, the maps are fun to play, so I'm sticking on playing the DLC almost every single day.
  • DarthJ
    6331 posts Member
    I have personally enjoyed the DLC - I think the new maps are excellent, with great detail (even with a dead rancor), the 2 new heroes are fun to use after initial reservations and good additions, extraction mode is one of my favourite modes. The weapons leave a bit to be desired but do love the adrenaline stim card and the scattergun. But overall I have enjoyed it so far.

That's not to say that there isn't flaws/bugs though, but hopefully these get ironed out. I always generally think first DLC is always slightly shallower than upcoming releases so my expectations weren't massive to begin with. But I think Bespin will be excellent. I'm not expecting major changes to the release format of this, so I expect Bespin will have a new mode, a hero and villain, 4 maps, a few weapons/star cards and a vehicle or 2. I'm still excited and up for all of this and enjoying the game despite its flaws.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Ezio wrote: »
    I'm actually pretty optimistic for the future DLC. I understand there were bugs, but none of them are gamebreaking for me. Minor annoyances, yes, but I can hold on until they get fixed. I do hope that Dice is able to better test next time to prevent those bugs.

I'm especially optimistic towards the content. The new content is pretty great, especially the star cards in my opinion. I do agree with the majority that a lot of the new guns are underpowered, but I hope they get those fixed and hope they won't make that mistake again. The new modes and maps are great. I've mostly been a fan of CQC so they played right into my forte, but I still enjoy the larger modes.

In short, it mostly depends on the Bespin DLC for me now. If they can learn from their mistakes on the bugs in Outer Rim and pump out tech that isn't underpowered at start, then I'll be on the edge of my seat waiting for the next two. If they don't and there are as many problems as Outer Rim, I'll be back on the forums with everybody else being cautiously optimistic about Death Star.

Sums it up for me.
  • Overall I thoroughly enjoy the Outer Rim DLC. However I do have issues with the playlist implementation, the Hutt Contracts and bugs that came with the DLC.

The playlist forces players to only play the "variety pack" in order to play extraction. This has caused lobby shopping to increase exponentionally.

Hutt Contracts should offer alternate methods to aquire the new Star Cards and Traits in Single Player Missions so that #Soloplayersmatter players and those not as skilled in Multiplayer have a way to earn these new items without being stomped on by players that have memorized every token location or evey hiding spot.

Bugs..... Every DLC will have bugs. Yes its terrible to be on the receiving end of a bug like losing rank xp or being shot by invincible players, but sometimes some bugs just dont get noticed until that Patch or DLC reaches the Public.

If Dice can fix/adjust some or most of these issues in a timely manner( devs cant snap their fingers to fix things), Im looking forward to future DLCs and updates for Battlefront.
  • Billiam301 wrote: »

And finally, in order to deal with the issue that a minority of players automatically became level 60, DICE/EA decided the best way to deal with this problem would be to reset everyone's levels. WTF?! I lost a lot of respect for them when they did that. Why should a minor glitch only affecting a minority cause the devs to do something that will have a negative effect on the majority? They should have just left it. So what if some people instantly reached level 60.

To answer the question, I am looking forward to the content of the next DLCs, but only the content.

my sentiments exactly. the maps are excellent imo. the playlist however gets two big thumbs down and is the sole reason i havent played battlefront in a few days now.
  • The bugs are annoying but sith happens. The playlist is annoying and this feature is being looked at by the dev team.

The game mode Extraction is a whole heap of fun if you join a game with objective players. Irritating if you join a game full of spawn campers though. The new weapons are underwhelming but beautifully rendered and the star cards add some much needed variety.

The map design is again outstanding and beautiful. Attention to detail is sublime, like the chimes that Leia bumps into in Jabba's Palace, and I have enjoyed playing Extraction on every map. Shame I have to quit out after just one or two games to avoid playing HvV though.

I have high hopes for the remaining DLC :-)
  • Cqc not my thing but if it is it's yours then your in for a treat.graphics are lush and new characters although not what most consider iconic are rather good.pointless weapons but star cards bring more individuality to your playing style.rotations seems like an afterthought.Now the bugs and glitches are being fixed and more communication coming from the team almost on a daily basis gives a new hope(yeah I gone and done that!) towards the new stuff that will be revealed.bespin is a make or break time for the team .my heart goes out to pc players who have to suffer hacks and an unfair playingfield and they should implement a system like rainbow six siege where players who are accused of having an a hacked god mode etc are monitored then given a three day ban and if they continue then they are thrown off for good which is harsh but fair . I don't know if anyone else suffers from this but because of bugs etc I tend to question if it's me or the issues at hand if I die in the game when in my head I'm saying I should be still playing?
  • Slightly optimistic - based on DICE currently hiring a SW product manager. May be a case of same sith, different DLC, but hopefully our expectations will be better alligned by then...
  • I expect more dissapointment to be honest with future dlcs.

This one hasn't been very good and your right it hasn't actually restarted the game and made it feel fresh.

Bespin and death star sound really good. But unfortunately majority of decisions in this game has been poor, and they rarely listen to fans requests for improvements or additional modes to help so I don't see how Bespin or death star is going to be any different.

Making a CQC only dlc just wasn't the way to go. Not only is it ignoring people who like larger modes, but also forgetting that battlefront is all about large scale warfare, if I want CQC I'll play call of duty not a battlefront game.

All in all I think this dlc has proven that dice have no intention of making a proper battlefront game, not optimistic for the future.
  • Old_fella_1963
    4697 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Personally more optimistic than before having played OR. Optimism will increase based on April update for long standing fixes

For Balance the Feb Update featured a lot of FREE Large Map modes so the CQC focus was okay in my opinion and the OR Maps made these modes better IMO

There are several ways to refresh existing modes with side objectives-this might not take too much development work

Star Wards must be the hardest thing to do with such ' hard core ' fans . I am not so Star Wars oriented so Skins , Hero characters ( which receive a lot of disappointment posts ) I don't really care about just that their abilities are different to refresh game play

• PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member
    I expect pretty maps, and not much else.
    The first dlc was a major disapointment for me. I dont use any of the new blasters/cards, and the fact i have to exit and search after each extraction match, made me stop playing it. I expect the same old thing on the next 2 at least.
    I dont care if battlefront 2 has the name star wars on it. Im not falling into the same trap twice.
  • I grew up starting with the Atari 2600 and have played all through the NES, Genesis, Saturn, and PS systems, so most of my gaming life has been during times when you bought a game once and weren't continually presented with more buying options.

Having said that, I don't mind a really good worthwhile DLC (can't stand micro-transactions, though). If I feel that a particular DLC isn't just something that should have been in the base game, and that it's a good value, I'm happy to buy it.

I've been back and forth on the SWBF DLC. The idea of the Season Pass enabled game essentially being $110 does not appeal to me. So I thought I might give the first DLC a try. But with with me still having some reservations about spending more money on a game I already paid for, and especially with the way the playlist works right now, and I'm leaning towards skipping it.
  • I'm optimistic. I love extraction and while the new heroes were lazy, they are fun. I like the new star cards as well.

I don't understand why they couldn't make some of the maps be open for supremacy. The garage and pipeline are big enough. Plus the playlist sucks. I don't want to play droid run or cargo.
  • Mcap
    873 posts Member
    Not very. Not that the new maps won't look or play amazing.

But after all the new maps in Outer Rim turned out to be arena style CQC maps, I realized that Bespin and the Death Star also offer little chance of any large maps for Supremacy, WA, and Turning Point. Being those are my favorite modes, I'll likely be as disappointed with the upcoming DLC as I was with Outer Rim.
  • There are some irritating bugs for sure and the OR playlist is just awful, but other than that I'm enjoying the dlc a lot more than I thought I would, given the fact that I'm not really that much into cqc - gorgeous and fun maps, extraction is great and I use serveral of the new cards and blasters regularily. Oh and Nunb rocks. If he wasn't a hero before, he sure is now. My kid spotted him in TFA, after having played him in Battlefront, and was completely in awe. Especially when he was in that X-wing.

If Besbin does what OR does, with large scale battles I'm sure I'll be very happy with it. And if the Deathstar does the same with space battles (hopefully), I'll be blown away.
  • Not very much.

The game's concepts have been handled poorly at best. Everything from self-defeating design choices and recursive technical problems to lack of communication. I do hope, however, that this improves for the sake of the series.
  • I'm really looking forward to more. I don't really like the playlist crap, but beyond that I'm playing way more now. Extraction is a really fun game. The Hutt contracts made me use weapons & play modes I normally wouldn't at all. Doing so made me so much better at the game & I'm enjoying it way more. Can't wait for Bespin.
  • Kraigbot
    696 posts Member
    Optimistic:
    *Despite not really being all that iconic, Greedo and Nien Nunb are fun to play as. I have a feeling they didn't want to start with big name heroes. If they add Chewie later on when the player base is slugging a bit he would certainly give the game a boost.
    *The Outer Rim maps are pretty good, and designed well for Extraction.
    *Extraction is probably the best mode out there.
    *Bespin and Death Star sound more enticing than Outer Rim in terms of setting.
    *DICE should learn from the mistakes from this first DLC (bugs, playlists, etc)
    *For all the buzz around lack of communication, I think it's not bad, and is in fact positive. I think the Community Manager is genuine, though occasionally defensive (I would be too though). Their social accounts are active and helpful to people. The devs don't seem faceless to me; they have a presence.

Pessimistic:
    *I've lucked out and not come across most of the bugs, especially the more damaging ones. Could Bespin and beyond produce more? Especially when new weapons and cards are mingling with base game items or modes. Would anyone be surprised if say, Bespin introduced more guns but base game players couldn't see them because of a bug?
    *Player base will dwindle no matter what, especially by 2017. There might be surges around DLC time but it's just human nature that people move on to other games. How will this affect playlists?

Overall, I am excited and optimistic. People are going to find problems with just about anything so I just try to avoid the "noise" and concentrate on having fun. I've played for 80+ hours and I'm max rank so EA/DICE must be doing something right.
  • bigjay
    787 posts Member
    Minus the bugs i'm excited for the next 3.
    PSN : BIG_JAY_ALLDAY it should have been this way day 1
  • KRISXR
    253 posts Member
    My Dark Side-
    I'm not optimistic at all after playing since launch. The future dlc's will be more of the same. A few maps, a few weapons/cards with dead Jabba contracts, aaaaand... oh ya, 2 heroes. Probably a couple of new hooks, like contracts, to give the illusion of content.

I really don't care how beautiful the maps are. Graphics are a given standard for triple A games. Did Dice up that standard, yes (quite a bit, barring size issues with non play vehicles, AT-ATs, & a missing tow cable gunner in T-47s), however; at the cost of limiting the game to "how many ways can players point and shoot at each other". I don't get a chance to check out the environment and background trinkets littering Jabbas' Palace. What's that supposed to be, a museum simulator?

My Light Side-
    I sincerely hope I am wrong about the future dlc's. I would gladly eat my words if they created a robust space game with alive creatures and epic vehicle combat. It is a beautiful game and solid shooter. Like I'm playing in the movies, although I feel more like a back ground extra meant for canon fodder rather than a hero of the Alliance or Empire.
  • Can expect them to continue to be overpriced, new OP heroes that outshine the icons of the Star Wars universe. More infuriating bugs and glitches. Maybe they'll add some basic features that people have been asking for since beta, but they'll probably be broken too. The player base will be shrunken even more, while also being split even more into different map playlists.

Underneath all the terribleness that they've self-inflicted onto this game through terrible design decisions, I think there is a decent game. But we won't see it until the next Battlefront game. It was basically that person at the grocery store with a huge shopping cart buying all the ingredients for an amazing dinner party. Then leaving the store they make a poor decision on taking some shortcuts, and spill their groceries all over the parking lot.
  • I feel optimistic. I think things like Jabba's Palace maps were well designed nods to the previous games in the franchise. Personally, I think the map was designed better than the original map in previous Battlefronts. I also think that the maps were well designed in general as CQC maps (which I understand was the entire focus of the DLC so I wasn't surprised that WA was left out).

Overall I'm liking the new weapons. I'd like it if the Relby had a bit more power to it as I think a semi-auto targeting rifle should kill in fewer shots than a full-auto blaster rifle. But I really like that the new star cards and weapons were balanced well so that the original weapons still have a place. I really appreciate the effort DICE has gone into balancing everything and not making new stuff the FOTM equipment.

This being said I wish there was a way to have the DLC maps integrated into the map rotations of the base game. In that regard I'm concerned about future DLCs being too isolated from one another and the main game. Like I'd like it if there was a way to play all of the existing droid run maps and not have the DLC map segregated from the droid run maps of the base game.2
  • I'm pretty excited. The new game mode is really fun, the new maps are beautiful and really well put together and the heroes are even funner to use and play as. I'm sure they'll learn from the mistakes of this DLC and bring about a lot more changes people have been asking for this coming dlc
  • RogueKarp
    1003 posts Member
    I thought it was an awesome DLC and am looking forward to the rest of the Season Pass. Honestly, besides the bugs that popped up, I think they really nailed everything about this DLC!