criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Remember "back in the day"

Do you remember when actually had true expansion packs released, when FPS games had mod tools? Remember when "season pass" was only for theme parks?

I'm totally sick of this nickle and diming *****, pre order bonus crap, map packs that are over priced for what you get.

Hey buy a season pass, it costs as much as the base game but guess what ? You won't get all the content you pay for until a year later. What's that? Ya you can purchase them invididually but you're going to have to pay us even more for not wanting to get ripped off.

Gaming industry is a disgrace.

Replies

• Mord-Vi
    907 posts Member
    Nope. I lost my rose tinted glasses a long time ago.
    --i7-5960X OC @ 4.4 Ghz--G.SKILL DDR4 16GB--SLI EVGA ACX 2.0 FTW GTX970--
  • Thanks to currency having gone digital, many people dont feel the remorse of spending money anymore. They dont even notice that things have become more expensive or that what they bought ist worth the price. If enough people would notice, it would never be the way it is today.
    tumblr_nusp5jmZkZ1r4o9xho1_r1_1280.jpg
    "Social justice 1, 2, 3 woo woo! I want to be PC woo woo!"
  • Might as well just put RFID chips in use that as our currency.
  • Lmao. Remember when games came out in full?

Before the dark times... Before the ad ons took over.
  • Pepperidge farm remembers

image.png?w=448&c=1
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    100% agree
    Something needs to change.
  • luke3026
    337 posts Member
    I remember when video game controllers had one big joystick and one button and you had to blow on the cartridge before sticking it in or it wouldn't work.

Oh and BTW, many Atari games still cost around $50 ($143 in today's money) back in the day. In all it's 8-bit glory.

I think we've probably become a bit spoiled complaining about being "ripped off" by a $50 game that looks like Battlefront. But I digress...
  • Webn8tr_ wrote: »
    100% agree

It will change for the better. MP peeps will ultimately lose the war because of hackers like lizard squad will ruin their online and I'll be laughing on the sidelines when it happens.
  • I would love to take this cartridge out, blow in it, and instantly all the bugs would be fixed.

Or put in the Contra code. That'd work too.
    100% agree

It will change for the better. MP peeps will ultimately lose the war because of hackers like lizard squad will ruin their online and I'll be laughing on the sidelines when it happens.

Are you familiar with the term "Schadenfreude"?
    100% agree

No actually
    100% agree

No actually

I'll let the Simpsons explain it for you:

• luke3026 wrote: »
    I remember when video game controllers had one big joystick and one button and you had to blow on the cartridge before sticking it in or it wouldn't work.

Oh and BTW, many Atari games still cost around $50 ($143 in today's money) back in the day. In all it's 8-bit glory.

I think we've probably become a bit spoiled complaining about being "ripped off" by a $50 game that looks like Battlefront. But I digress...

Ya I had an Atari too, hell i even bought E.T. That was a scam too remember Pacman? The Atari release was made in 2 months, it was basically what is considered an alpha product. Gaming almost died back in the 80s from crap like this and guess what? History is repeating itself once again.

At least indie and crowdfunding exist to allow developers to actually create products they want without the "men in suits" messing around with their visions.
    100% agree

No actually

lol but hey it's the MP peeps fault for giving online too much attention.
    100% agree

No actually

How come? Battlefront is mostly only online, or are you insinuating that it is that way because of them? But who says those MP peeps as you call them even are the ones that play BF?
  • VengefulSoul550
    1324 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Webn8tr_ wrote: »
    100% agree

No actually

How come? Battlefront is mostly only online, or are you insinuating that it is that way because of them? But who says those MP peeps as you call them even are the ones that play BF?

I'm technically a wildcard because I play both and support whatever has more benefits in this case good SP games and hybrids (meaning both online and offline) are proven to be the better games and I can always go back to them whenever I want. As for this game it fails on both sides for a hybrid game.
    100% agree

No actually

I'm technically a wildcard because I play both and support whatever has more benefits in this case good SP games and hybrids (meaning both online and offline) are proven to be the better games and I can always go back them whenever I want. As for this game it fails on both sides for a hybrid game.

I agree with you 100% on that.
    100% agree

Lizard Squad... Hackers...
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Webn8tr_ wrote: »
    100% agree

No actually

I'm technically a wildcard because I play both and support whatever has more benefits in this case good SP games and hybrids (meaning both online and offline) are proven to be the better games and I can always go back to them whenever I want. As for this game it fails on both sides for a hybrid game.

Well said
  • What I would give for an Empire Strikes Back pinball machine. :(

The replay value with that is off the chain compared to EA's Bantha Poo Doo. :D
    luke.png
  • I would love to take this cartridge out, blow in it, and instantly all the bugs would be fixed.

Or put in the Contra code. That'd work too.

You mean the Konami code, I would assume? Or do you mean the actual game Contra as a replacement?