criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission

Anybody think that maybe Felicity Jones's character in Rogue One could be Rey's mother?

Jarrad
2270 posts Member
Just pure speculation here, but anybody out there think that the "Jyn Erso" character played by Felicity Jones in Rogue One could eventually turn out to be the mother of the "Rey" character in Force Awakens that was played by Daisy Ridley?

I think that perhaps this could be within the realm of possibilities. This movie looks to take place perhaps about a year or two before A New Hope and Felicity Jones, while being 32 years old, could have her Jyn Erso character actually be younger in age in the movie, maybe even 20 years old, like when Mark Hamill was 25 years old during A New Hope, but was playing a 19-20 year old Luke Skywalker in the film. I'll even go so far as to say that Felicity Jones and Daisy Ridley look somewhat similar to each other in my mind to some extent.

Moreover, Rey was most likely born 10 years after Return of the Jedi, since she was about 20 years old in the Force Awakens, which took place 30 years after Return of the Jedi. Furthermore, if Rey was born 10 years after Return of the Jedi, this would only be about 15 years after Rogue One at the minimum, considering if Rogue One takes place 1 year before A New Hope, that there is a 3 year gap between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, and that there is a 1 year gap between The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

Finally, it seems strongly hinted that Luke will turn out to be Rey's father that was never mentioned by name in Force Awakens, particularly since Anakin/Luke's blue lightsaber "calls" out to Rey, since Rey has force powers, and since both Leia and Luke seem already know who Rey is by their expressions and actions, despite never meeting her before supposedly.

Overall, I think that this would be an interesting plot twist. It could give an actual plausible explanation as to who Rey's parents are, by perhaps her parents being Jyn Erso and Luke Skywalker, would give backstory into who Jyn Erso is without going into great detail about it in Episode 8, and would, overall to some extent, be easier to have her be Rey's mother, rather than having the writers try to come up with creating a different character for that role and then having to explain about who they are in the later films.

What do the rest of you guys think?

Replies