criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Battlefront 2 looks bad!

Vanfacer
135 posts Member
edited April 2016
I never played battlefront 2 but I just YouTubed a bunch of gameplay footage to see why people cry that this new game is nothing compared to part 2 and I'm not impressed at all the graphics stink and the gameplay is choppy and worst of all its got prequel and clone war in it! Now I'm not sure but it looks like the game is all offline story mode with way more content compared to this game I think people thought this new game was a story mode game and haven't even clicked on the multiplayer ... That being said they discover that this new game has no huge story mode and chuck the game! This new game is amazing for quick multiplayer shooter sessions! It's almost real and your immersed in the game!
I know graphics aren't everything some of my funnest games ever were on the NES over 30 years ago! But I will put them same games on now and I laugh and say this Nes game sucks I'm plugging battlefront back in ...
I just can't put together why people wanna compare part 2 to this game it's a totally different style game and part 2 seems bad why would you wanna step back and lower your standards? I mean I'm sure if I played part 2 I might get into it and it would be a lot of fun and I am sure it has a lot more content but the fact is its old and choppy compared to this I think I'll stick to being immersed in a fun addicting real life Star Wars online! I'm almost convinced that 80% of people who complain don't even play online and they are mad this game isn't a full story mode game! You gotta play online people this game is sick online if you haven't then go online and play its 20 against 20 players! Lol I'm sounding like a weirdo now and can't wait to hear the rude comments let's get the popcorn and beer ready!
Post edited by WillowStar on

Replies

• Nerdynerd
    410 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    First of all "they" aren't comparing the game to the graphics they are talking about the fact that there was an offline campaign. Also they are saying that they want the game to lean toward the direction that BF2 was going in. They want a class system, more vehicles, and the fact that there was a ton of content in it. Go get the amazing game on steam and experience the game.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Thank you^
    Watching and playing are totally different..
    Yea the graphics are bad... it's 10 years old?
    We never wanted battlefront 2. We just want some ideas from battlefront 2.
    Like instant action or real space battles.. maybe clone wars?
    They had a lot more planets/maps.
    I recommend u get battlefront 2 on steam and try it out yourself. You will not be disappointed.

It's called battlefront.. if they didn't want us to compare it to all the other better battlefronts, they should have called it battlefield..
  • ^

Your obviously smarter than this guy.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Battlefront 2 also came with EVERYTHING we needed. No season pass or dlc needed.
    You get everything for 50-60$? Back in the day.
    It's 5-20$? On steam now depending on sales.

For EAs version, you pay 60$ for the first half incomplete game with bugs. And then another 50$ season pass to complete the game with bugs.
  • Vanfacer
    135 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Nerdynerd wrote: »
    First of all "they" aren't comparing the game to the graphics they are talking about the fact that there was an offline campaign. Also they are saying that they want the game to lean toward the direction that BF2 was going in. They want a class system, more vehicles, and the fact that there was a ton of content in it. Go get the amazing game on steam and experience the game.

• Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    edited April 2016

Time travel...
  • Nerdynerd
    410 posts Member
    edited April 2016

• Smarter because he likes a game and knows a game I never played? That makes no sense! likr I said get out the popcorn and beer!
  • If Dice were to include clone wars I would want them to take their time b/c of the lack of props, so their new photo technique wouldn't really make it as good compared to what it is now. If they do have clones featured in a second game they have my money. Personally, I'm not a fan of the OT because I grew up with the prequels and prefer clones over stormtroopers. My point is that when I saw the very first trailer they sold me on the game even though I don't prefer the OT era.
  • PCPrincipalPC
    1388 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Vanfacer wrote: »
    First of all "they" aren't comparing the game to the graphics they are talking about the fact that there was an offline campaign. Also they are saying that they want the game to lean toward the direction that BF2 was going in. They want a class system, more vehicles, and the fact that there was a ton of content in it. Go get the amazing game on steam and experience the game you little 12 year old COD player!
    Did you even read my post??? Everything you said I talked about so obviously you didn't read it or pay any attention! And how can I be 12 if I played Nes 30 years ago!

You dont seem to understand the main issue at hand: They named this game "Battlefront". All those that played the previous Battlefront I and II obviously expected something similar due to it being called "Battlefront". You see the problem here?
    They lured the old Battlefront veterans into a game that wasnt what they've expected.
    Good, in all fairness, they could have done some research and not just jump into it with preorders and buying the season pass before they even knew what disappointment came their way.

It was sneaky of EA to call it "Battlefront", it doesnt deserve that name. It was silly of the Veterans because they obviously didnt do their research regarding content and game mechanics/modes.
    And its either very bad luck or like some claim, incompetence that the game is now riddled with bugs and after 3 weeks, no fix in sight. That is a scandal. I said from the start it will take AT LEAST until the next patchday.

*Edit*: obviously the many people who do enjoy the game and dont see what the fuss is all about, have not played the previous Battlefronts.
    tumblr_nusp5jmZkZ1r4o9xho1_r1_1280.jpg
    "Social justice 1, 2, 3 woo woo! I want to be PC woo woo!"
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Like the CoD kids ^
  • I don't mean to blow your Death Star, (XD) but...
    the graphics suck and the gameplay is choppy as all hell and worst of all its got prequel and clone war crap in it! Now I'm not sure but it looks like the game is all offline story mode with way more content compared to this game
    -10 yr. old graphics engine was good for its time, so of course the graphics aren't next gen. Of course it isn't smooth.
    -Prequels content...eh that's just not what you prefer. Still lots of OT in it, though.
    -When GameSpy was bought out (I think), the servers went down. Some people use LAN, but it's kind of a waste of effort when you could play offline Instant Action (Custom battle playlist).
    -Heck yeah it has more content. Mostly the same weapon models with different functions.
    I know graphics aren't everything some of my funnest games ever were on the NES over 30 years ago! But I will put them same games on now and I laugh and say this Nes game sucks I'm plugging battlefront back in ...
    -Don't ever judge a game by its graphics. Judge game play over that.
    I just can't put together why people wanna compare part 2 to this game it's a totally different style game and part 2 seems bad why would you wanna step back and lower your standards?
    -This new "Battlefront" breaks off too much of what the old games were.
    I mean I'm sure if I played part 2 I might get into it and it would be a lot of fun and I am sure it has a lot more content but the fact is its old and choppy compared to this I think I'll stick to being immersed in a fun addicting real life Star Wars online! I'm almost convinced that 80% of people who complain don't even play online and they are mad this game isn't a full story mode game! You gotta play online people this game is sick online if you haven't then go online and play its 20 against 20 players!
    -Again, all Battlefronts of the past had online capabilities.
    -People want a game with a story mode to add some more canon storylines and characters. I mean, CoD4:MW had a lovable, popular story, while still being a multiplayer giant.
    Lol I'm sounding like a weirdo now and can't wait to hear the rude comments let's get the popcorn and beer ready!
    -Oh, yes you do.
    -Most of the rude comments are from you, if you haven't noticed...
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Amazing^
    Couldn't have said it better.
  • Vanfacer wrote: »
    First of all "they" aren't comparing the game to the graphics they are talking about the fact that there was an offline campaign. Also they are saying that they want the game to lean toward the direction that BF2 was going in. They want a class system, more vehicles, and the fact that there was a ton of content in it. Go get the amazing game on steam and experience the game you little 12 year old COD player!
    Did you even read my post??? Everything you said I talked about so obviously you didn't read it or pay any attention! And how can I be 12 if I played Nes 30 years ago!

You dont seem to understand the main issue at hand: They named this game "Battlefront". All those that played the previous Battlefront I and II obviously expected something similar due to it being called "Battlefront". You see the problem here?
    They lured the old Battlefront veterans into a game that wasnt what they've expected.
    Good, in all fairness, they could have done some research and not just jump into it with preorders and buying the season pass before they even knew what disappointment came their way.

It was sneaky of EA to call it "Battlefront", it doesnt deserve that name. It was silly of the Veterans because they obviously didnt do their research regarding content and game mechanics/modes.
    And its either very bad luck or like some claim, incompetence that the game is now riddled with bugs and after 3 weeks, no fix in sight. That is a scandal. I said from the start it will take AT LEAST until the next patchday.

*Edit*: obviously the many people who do enjoy the game and dont see what the fuss is all about, have not played the previous Battlefronts.
    Ok I hear you I hear you ... It all boils down to the name and them fishing in the old players!

Oh and for the record I've never played call of duty I haven't played games since Nintendo 64
    Webn8tr_ wrote: »
    Amazing^
    Couldn't have said it better.
    Thanks I try ;)
    Doppler817 wrote: »
    I don't mean to blow your Death Star, (XD) but...
    the graphics suck and the gameplay is choppy as all hell and worst of all its got prequel and clone war crap in it! Now I'm not sure but it looks like the game is all offline story mode with way more content compared to this game
    -10 yr. old graphics engine was good for its time, so of course the graphics aren't next gen. Of course it isn't smooth.
    -Prequels content...eh that's just not what you prefer. Still lots of OT in it, though.
    -When GameSpy was bought out (I think), the servers went down. Some people use LAN, but it's kind of a waste of effort when you could play offline Instant Action (Custom battle playlist).
    -Heck yeah it has more content. Mostly the same weapon models with different functions.
    -Don't ever judge a game by its graphics. Judge game play over that.
    I just can't put together why people wanna compare part 2 to this game it's a totally different style game and part 2 seems bad why would you wanna step back and lower your standards?
    -This new "Battlefront" breaks off too much of what the old games were.
    I mean I'm sure if I played part 2 I might get into it and it would be a lot of fun and I am sure it has a lot more content but the fact is its old and choppy compared to this I think I'll stick to being immersed in a fun addicting real life Star Wars online! I'm almost convinced that 80% of people who complain don't even play online and they are mad this game isn't a full story mode game! You gotta play online people this game is sick online if you haven't then go online and play its 20 against 20 players!
    -Again, all Battlefronts of the past had online capabilities.
    -People want a game with a story mode to add some more canon storylines and characters. I mean, CoD4:MW had a lovable, popular story, while still being a multiplayer giant.
    Lol I'm sounding like a weirdo now and can't wait to hear the rude comments let's get the popcorn and beer ready!
    -Oh, yes you do.
    -Most of the rude comments are from you, if you haven't noticed...
    How am I rude I'm just saying the game looks bad I have no interest in playing it and clone wars / prequels? Eh .. I was 8 years old watching Star Wars when it first came out on VHS over 100 times ive always been a huge fan ... I just can't grasp how you kids don't see how amazing this new game is you get to actually be in the game and interact with AT-ATs it's so much fun! When I was a kid playing Nes me and all my friends went nuts when a new game like Mario 2 came out we weren't like "eh kinda sucks can't squish coopa troopers like the first one" NNOOOO!!! We were more like "this game is awesome!!!"
    Again I just don't get it! You can like Battlefront 2 but how can you not love the new one it's beyond amazing who cares about the content the game has plenty in my book who cares about offline it's more fun online short and sweet never gets old!
  • Sorry guys I'm not trying to offend you personally I'm just venting lol
    Again I just don't get it! You can like Battlefront 2 but how can you not love the new one it's beyond amazing who cares about the content the game has plenty in my book who cares about offline it's more fun online short and sweet never gets old!

Because its a matter of PREFERENCE. Just because you find something awesome and amazing doesnt mean that you speak for everyone else. Thats just the way things work in life.
  • Battlefront 2 is the best game ever! The new battlefront needs to be more like it :)
  • memapuppy wrote: »
    Battlefront 2 is the best game ever! The new battlefront needs to be more like it :)

Please, no. When I look back at battlefront 2 and really look at it, it lacked way more content than this one. This battlefront has modes that actually fit the universe better and more of them. Battlefront 2 had conquest, CTF, HvV on one map, and hunt on selected maps. Plus it got repetitive. I only agree on more offline options b/c I do get disconnected from the servers and actual humans can annoy me during the game sometimes.
  • memapuppy wrote: »
    Battlefront 2 is the best game ever! The new battlefront needs to be more like it :)
    Totally agree. I loved the game, wish I could play it now.

• Day 2 I changed my mind sorry guys battlefront 2 is horrible I just don't get it!
    Day 2 I changed my mind sorry guys battlefront 2 is horrible I just don't get it!
    It is not horrible! Don't judge stuff you haven't played! The graphics are ten years old what did you expect?

• It's almost like you guys are mad and can't let go of the past you don't see me saying this game sucks it's nothing as good as Mario 2 was!
    It's almost like you guys are mad and can't let go of the past you don't see me saying this game sucks it's nothing as good as Mario 2 was!

If you make an analogy of comparing this to Mario 2, then I see no point in discussing this any further.

lol... my head hurts...
  • That's why my head hurts they are comparing in to battlefront 2. I said Mario 2 as a example of a game in the past come on you didn't get that?
  • Anyways I think I proved my point and won the argument ... time to delete or lock this thread!
    Anyways I think I proved my point and won the argument ... time to delete or lock this thread!

LOL you've won squat.
  • My opening statement says it all I didn't come here for a battle just to get some answers but I guess I asked for it!
    My opening statement says it all I didn't come here for a battle just to get some answers but I guess I asked for it!
    You really did.

• Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    Yea. Lock.
    May the force be with you.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!