criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

What is up with DICE picking heroes no one wanted for DLC?

2Next

Replies

• Dengar actually did make it to Cloud City following the Millenium Falcon, but didn't mess with Boba Fett. IG-88 made it too, trying to stop Boba. You see him in the junk pile when Chewie was saving C-3P0.
  • Dengar actually did make it to Cloud City following the Millenium Falcon, but didn't mess with Boba Fett. IG-88 made it too, trying to stop Boba. You see him in the junk pile when Chewie was saving C-3P0.

Not in canon
  • BoWinston
    76 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Chewie and Bossk will be next in the Death Star DLC and then we'll have a Rogue One hero and villain for the final DLC. It's not that hard to figure out. Bounty Hunters are way more interesting Villains to play in Battlefront then Imperial Officers.
  • Yes^
    My role in the original trilogy was far more important than Grand Moff Tarkin.
    I killed a lot more people.

Not in canon

You still see his head....

Not in canon

But do we know if it's his for sure? Has it been confirmed? huehue
  • Yes^
    My role in the original trilogy was far more important than Grand Moff Tarkin.
    I killed a lot more people.

U also rekt a young Darth Vader, remember

huehuehue

Not in canon

But do we know if it's his for sure? Has it been confirmed? huehue

Idk. I'll check.
  • that scruffy looking nerf herder had nothing on me!!
  • GETaPAIR wrote: »
    The problem here is that you can't please everyone. Some people will be happy when their favorite hero or villain is picked. Some will say they wanted someone else. You can't please everyone. I will say that now that we know we are getting Lando and Dengar, your hero or villain might be on their way down the road. I would have to assume one of those heroes will be Chewie. I guess we'll see.

Ok Lando makes sense, not my choice, but Bespin, big character i get it. But Dengar? the only way that makes sense is if it is a joke. then i get it. who the f is dengar seriously?
  • ottomaddux wrote: »
    GETaPAIR wrote: »
    The problem here is that you can't please everyone. Some people will be happy when their favorite hero or villain is picked. Some will say they wanted someone else. You can't please everyone. I will say that now that we know we are getting Lando and Dengar, your hero or villain might be on their way down the road. I would have to assume one of those heroes will be Chewie. I guess we'll see.

Ok Lando makes sense, not my choice, but Bespin, big character i get it. But Dengar? the only way that makes sense is if it is a joke. then i get it. who the f is dengar seriously?

Toilet paper man.
  • Sumptiz
    341 posts Member
    Bespin add more bugs :wink:
    Star Wars Battlefront
  • Bugspin
  • ThirdDegreePun
    1992 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    According to Wookiepedia, Dengar's equipment is described like this:

"His preferred choice of weapon was a blaster rifle, which was supplemented by the use of mini-grenades in close quarters combat. He also equipped himself with smoke grenades, which he used to cover his team's escape after a job for the Hutts went south"

Although seeing as Greedo already has Grenades covered I wouldn't be surprised if he got a Rocket or something. his tactics are described as "sheer firepower and destruction" idk about you but that sounds fun to me.

They'll probably be basing it off his Clone Wars stuff as that's canon still. As Blaster Rifles have been used a lot, I think a heavy blaster would be suited to him more, like my favourite design of gun, The Phallic RT-97C, possibly with an Explosive Shot ability he can activate akin to Leia's Trooper Bane or Han's Rapid Fire. Just wait until he explodes that load all over his enemies (it's probably why he needs the towels)

latest?cb=20121024224249
  • Degener8
    447 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    BoWinston wrote: »
    Chewie and Bossk will be next in the Death Star DLC and then we'll have a Rogue One hero and villain for the final DLC. It's not that hard to figure out. Bounty Hunters are way more interesting Villains to play in Battlefront then Imperial Officers.

I'm normally quite supportive of the Dev's but I don't think Dengar is a good choice..
    Bossk would of been a better addition. Il give it a blast though the last two are fun to use.

As mentioned there just isn't the iconic Villains in the OT but logically the next one should be Moff Tarkin, I'd say Veers is too much of a bit part compared.. That's the logical thought process. But we have Greedo, Nien Numb, and now Dengar so logic is seemingly not included in Hero choices lol so it could be anything.

I'd bet my bottom button that the Death Star Fighter Squadron hero pickup is Vaders Tie Fighter though..
  • BlackgoliathJW
    901 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Do all you people really believe that dice is choosing the heroes? It's Disney that's calling the shots behind-the-scenes. Remember that.

Dengar is just as cool as bossk or ig88. They are all lesser know bounty hunters.

We are getting eight heroes. that's so cool. be happy about that.
  • Some of you could very well be right that we will get two more hero ships to round out the heroes. This would be disappointing but understandable. There are still a lot of people that enjoy Fighter Squadron I imagine.
  • They'd better add Old Ben with the Death Star. Not to mention there really should be more than just 1 hero vehicle for either side. Kind of makes Fighter Squadron even less entertaining than it is now, as crazy as that seems.
  • None of us now what restrictions were placed in the contract by Disney.
  • don't forget had a chance to create a epic rancor....instead its a dead model. lol these guys would screw up a wet dream.
  • noscratch222
    2099 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Dice lol omg lol they really just clearly have NO IDEA what they are doing wtf i just cant in any way shape or form understand how you f up starwars but they keep finding ways to do it bespin dlc is a fail before it even comes out haha lol oh man who is making these decisions over there they should be fired!
  • LOCO_MOFO wrote: »
    Lol seriously, I have to google search all these iconic heroes...

So you don't know Star Wars?
  • Ventress wrote: »
    Considering they're focusing on the original trilogy there honestly aren't that many "iconic" characters to implement into the game.

If they were pulling characters from Clone Wars + the prequels there would be more iconic characters to pull from. Ventress, Mother Talzin, Count Dooku, General Grievous, Maul as villains for example. Hero wise, Padme, Jar-Jar(lol), Shaak Tii, Ahsoka Tano, Luminara, Kit Fisto, Jocasta Nu, Cin Drallig, Obi-Wan and countless other Jedi.

• @NienNunbHuehue I can't believe you still play this game. I haven't seen you say a single positive thing about it.
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    These two are so much better than Nien and Greedo.

All will be forgiven if Imperial Guard and Ben Kenobi are in the Death Star DLC. Need more melee characters to spice up the match ups!

Wrong Wrong Wrong.....if they add those two I would be furious.

Chewie and Bossk are next. They at least better be.
  • Greedo... No one wanted.
    Nien Nunb (huehue)... No one wanted.
    Dengar... No one wanted.

Only 1 of the 4 announced DLC heroes is actually iconic™
    Is DICE trolling us? Huehuehue

/discuss

What other villains do you want? There's none left to add! If you say IG-88 or whatever his name is, why? People like Greedo and Nien had slightly more screen time. People need to stop moaning about this, I'm sure they'll repay us. Chewbacca is a MUST for this game and Lando, and they've confirmed him now.
  • Gxr1878
    24 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I guess everyone should have waited to buy the season pass until it had something they wanted (like I always do). Then when they saw that no one was buying it would take players advice. Instead you all purchased it from launch and they know now they can sleep on all the dlc and it doesn't matter. I know it is costing them less to have random guy 2 added then an actual character people know. That is why they are also sticking to the original trilogy, it costs more money to licence newer characters.
    So in summary it is all you season pass owners that ruined the dlc, way to go :'(
  • psy147
    14 posts Member
    I'd like to see IG-88 for the following reasons:
    1. Intimidating / mysterious
    2. It's a droid!
    3. Opens up different ideas for his abilities.
    Aimbot! 3 sec of auto killing anyone close or near it, even behind it.
    4. Better armoured against blasters, weaker against ion based weapons.
    5. Crazy sprint speeds, maybe trade off with no or weak jump ability.
    6. Dual weapons!
    7. Shields! (Missing on villans side)
    8. Play in droid view, like terminator vision with wall hack features.
  • Gxr1878 wrote: »
    I guess everyone should have waited to buy the season pass until it had something they wanted (like I always do). Then when they saw that no one was buying it would take players advice. Instead you all purchased it from launch and they know now they can sleep on all the dlc and it doesn't matter. I know it is costing them less to have random guy 2 added then an actual character people know. That is why they are also sticking to the original trilogy, it costs more money to licence newer characters.
    So in summary it is all you season pass owners that ruined the dlc, way to go :'(

No, it's because of cheap people like you they couldn't afford to do more. Way to go and thanks!
  • I didnt know him until that one Robot Chicken episode... sorry that I didnt know, I am not an ultraorthodox Star Wars fan.
    tumblr_nusp5jmZkZ1r4o9xho1_r1_1280.jpg
    "Social justice 1, 2, 3 woo woo! I want to be PC woo woo!"
  • Original trilogy didn't have a lot of iconic villains. Vader emperor and boba fett were the main guys and they are already in the game at launch. As much as people want ig-88 what did he do in the movie? I barely remember him. He is more of a background character as well. Obvioulsy he was important in star wars cannon but so was nien nunb. You could argue at least from movie perspective, nein nunb had a bigger part than ig-88. Speaking of dengar I don't even remember what scene he was in.

I do think we'll get Tarkin for death star dlc. He isn't intimidating but I think he's a lot more iconic from the movies than any of the other villians people are talking about. Lando had to be in Bespin dlc it only made sense if they are adding heroes based on the new planets/environments.
  • lando is fine and what is wrong with dengar? A new bounty hunter to play as. As long as we get chewbacca and bossk in the future i will be pleased :smiley:
  • I wonder what abilities they will give to dengar?
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    I wonder what abilities they will give to dengar?

the ability to wrap more toilet paper around his fat face
  • K9K9K9
    327 posts Member
    weisguy119 wrote: »
    If I had to choose, I'd rather have Dengar than Lando.

Same here
  • What I don't get is why wait to release the cool heroes later when - as in any MP game - the population will only get smaller in time. Surely you would want to capitalize on a bigger pool of buyers by releasing Obi Wan or Chewie as soon as possible ?
  • smuggler wrote: »
    What I don't get is why wait to release the cool heroes later when - as in any MP game - the population will only get smaller in time. Surely you would want to capitalize on a bigger pool of buyers by releasing Obi Wan or Chewie as soon as possible ?

Right. Just one of the many awkward self-defeating decisions made with this title.

Makes you wonder how constrained the developers are, and who is to blame.
  • When you consider that the Emperor doesn't even get the red-cloaked guards for his bodyguards, or that Leia is still running around Tatooine with a winter coat instead of her badass bounty hunter outfit it becomes apparent to me that Dice is prioritizing the wrong things in trying to make fans happy.

Dengar is a huge waste of a villain spot. When you consider General Veers, IG-88, Bossk, red-cloak guards, dark troopers, 4-Lom- hell, even that snout-faced spy from Mos Eisley would make cooler villain options than Dengar you realize what a big mistake this is. I'm sure Dice isn't going to tackle some of the cool options I listed which means that by the time they are done adding villains to the game we will still be left with Dengar while IG-88 will be little more than a dream of what could have been.
  • Out of any villain, I wanted Greedo, Bossk, or IG-88. I was excited they added Greedo, but REALLY confused about Nien Nunb. Lando I semi-wanted. I am okay with Denagar because we still have room for Bossk and IG-88.

But to be honest, as long as Obi-Wan Kenobi and Chewbacca are added, I'll be fine.
  • Obi Wan needs to be added in the Death Star, IG-88 would make sense there too, since one model plugged itself into the Death Star's mainframe to take control of it after the Rebels were destroyed. And Chewbacca is literally required, at all costs. Bossk appearing next to him makes all the sense in the world, being from 2 races that are mortal enemies.
  • The emperors royal guard would be a good villain addition.
  • The emperors royal guard would be a good villain addition.

Or replace the current stormtrooper bodyguards to give a little more variety. Move faster than normal heroes, hit harder, have a rifle DLT-X power-up to give a long range one shot option like the Cycler rifle or pulse cannon
  • SaddFox wrote: »
    @NienNunbHuehue I can't believe you still play this game. I haven't seen you say a single positive thing about it.

Mmmm, it's Star Wars... and I really like Star Wars... that's about the only reason I play this, huehuehue

The game has potential, but it's suffered from a lot of bad decisions
  • Greedo... No one wanted.
    Nien Nunb (huehue)... No one wanted.
    Dengar... No one wanted.

Only 1 of the 4 announced DLC heroes is actually iconic™
    Is DICE trolling us? Huehuehue

/discuss

What other villains do you want? There's none left to add! If you say IG-88 or whatever his name is, why? People like Greedo and Nien had slightly more screen time. People need to stop moaning about this, I'm sure they'll repay us. Chewbacca is a MUST for this game and Lando, and they've confirmed him now.

IG-88 is a fan favorite. Dengar is not. But IG-88 would require more effort, so DICE probably won't include him. Truth. huehuehue
  • RogueKarp
    1003 posts Member
    I love the choices. People aren't 'clamoring over specific Imperial villains' anyway, because there's slim pickings when it comes to Imp heroes. Going with the bounty hunters is great. There's still a chance we'll see Boosk too.
  • Still got 4 more heroes.
  • They are trying to make non-iconic characters, iconic. First reaction for people when seeing these people are, "who are they?" They then go search it up, and see who they are. Making them, iconic.
  • Whatisthis wrote: »
    They are trying to make non-iconic characters, iconic. First reaction for people when seeing these people are, "who are they?" They then go search it up, and see who they are. Making them, iconic.

Its not DICE that decides that they are now iconic, its Disney.
    tumblr_nusp5jmZkZ1r4o9xho1_r1_1280.jpg
    "Social justice 1, 2, 3 woo woo! I want to be PC woo woo!"
  • WAINGRO
    152 posts Member
    In a bold, daring move by EA/Dice/Disney get ready to play as the evil, villainous imperial Deathstar trash compactor which had far more presence than Dengar or IG88.

Complete with a dianoga that's unlockable for the diorama! Use an all seeing eyeball and tentacle powers to pull rebel scum under water and drown them. New emotes include "there's something alive in here!" or "get in there, I don't care what you smell!" or "put that thing away before you get someone killed!"