criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Rank the 7 saga films

Joonlar
1154 posts Member
Post your personal rankings of the 7 films

ROTS 10/10
TPM 9/10
AOTC 7/10
ESB 7/10
ANH 4/10
TFA 4/10
ROTJ 2/10

Replies

• ROTS 10/10 ...really?

Anyway my list:

ANH : 8/10

ESB : 9/10

ROTJ: 7/10

TPM: 1/10

AOTC : 4/10

ROTS : 6/10

TFA: 7/10
  • I can tell you're a youngling since your list is pretty much upside down.

ESB 10/10

ANH 9/10

ROTJ 7/10

TFA 7/10

ROTS 4/10

TPM 4/10

AOTC 4/10

CGI, Jar Jar, horrible acting, and Lucas trying to shoehorn the story in ruined the prequels for me. Nothing like the magic of the OT. TFA, along with Rogue One, has me excited for an edgier, more gritty story from here on out.

• Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    I'm ranking these on how much I like them not how well made they are.

I. 6/10

II. 8/10

III. 9.5/10

IV. 9.5/10

V. 10/10

VI. 8/10

VII. 7.5/10
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • In chronic order of the saga:

TPM 5/10 The movie wasn't that bad IMO, but not too good aswell

AOTC 6/10 Did some things better than TPM, but some worse, but has clones and Jango Fett

ROTS 7/10 Good Blockbuster style movie, still has some of the prequel sins though (creepy Anakin)

ANH 9/10 The movie we all love

ESB 10/10 The movie we all love with a much darker tone of which I like in movies

ROTJ 9/10 The great conclusion to the original story

TFA 8/10 Nice Fan service, also a pretty decent movie, have me nostalgic goosebumps a couple times

"My name is ThePronato, if anyone can fix my name, you're the real MVP"
  • Joonlar
    1154 posts Member
    Greensabre wrote: »
    Anyway my list:

What was so much worse about TPM than the other prequels in your opinion?

@GenSchwartzkopf I'm not that young :P I think when you watched the films is more of an influencer than age anyway. If you saw the OT back in the day then you're going to have a special affinity for them
  • TPM: 7/10

AOTC: 5/10

ROTS: 8/10

ANH: 9/10

ESB: 10/10

ROTJ: 8/10

TFA: 9/10

Revenge of the Sith is my guilty pleasure, I like The Phantom Menace, and Attack of the Clones is about 70% boring with some good bits sprinkled in. A New Hope is amazing, it's one of the best things to come out of cinema. The Empire Strikes Back is a masterpiece and my favourite sequel of all time. Return of the Jedi is very goofy but has some legendary sequences that I love. The Force Awakens sets up the new trilogy perfectly.

Also, The Clone Wars TV show gets an 8/10, and I've not seen Rebels yet so I can't comment on that
    The force will be with you. Always.
  • I can tell you're a youngling since your list is pretty much upside down

I agree, time for the pitchforks, this is close to heresy.
    "My name is ThePronato, if anyone can fix my name, you're the real MVP"
  • I.- 6/10
    II.- 7/10
    III.- 8/10
    IV.-9/10
    V.- 9.5/10
    VI.-8.5/10
    VII.-8.5/10
  • DarthJ
    6656 posts Member
    1 - 6/10 - Darth Maul and podracing were cool, as well as introducing the Jedi and Palpatine. Loved Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. And Coruscant! Jar Jar let it down.
    2 - 5/10 - Average - painful love scenes with Anakin and Padme, poor acting by Christiansen, generally average until the last battle. Positives: Geonosis, Dooku (deserves more screentime), Jango Fett, Palpatine, Yoda vs Dooku (still hate the fight with Dooku vs Obi-wan/Anakin). But hardly any Jar Jar!
    3 - 7/10 - Some great battles and fight scenes and watching Anakin's fall to the dark side. Better acting and generally a decent film.
    4 - 8/10 - introduced everything that Star Wars fans love!
    5 - 10/10 - best by far. A bit darker than 4 and cooler overall. Cloud City!
    6 - 9/10 - great film.
    7 - 8/10 - rehash of 4, but enjoyed it. Interesting characters, especially Kylo Ren.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • I.- 5/10 - all marks for the Sabre fight. Cgi unbelievably bad
    II.- 3/10 - terrible,terrible acting, especially by Hayden. Cgi unbelievably bad
    III.- 6/10 - Not bad but ruined by Hayden's acting again. Cgi unbelievably bad
    IV.- 9.9/10 - Only 9.9 because I have to differentiate with ESB.
    V.- 10/10 - Perfect
    VI.-9/10 - Ewoks took last mark. Otherwise brilliant.
    VII.-8.5/10 - Good effort, CGI and practical effects awesome. A bit similar to ANH.
    Join the Old Farts Clan on Facebook // Xbox - GT: Coronal Aurora
  • CBA with numbers because that takes a lot of soul searching on my part so i'll just list the order in which I like them:

ROTJ - Favourite
    TESB
    TFA
    ROTS
    ANH
    AOTC
    TPM - Least Favourite (F you Jar Jar)
  • ESB - 9/10

ANH - 8.5/10

ROTJ - 8/10

TFA - 7/10

ROTS - 6/10

AOTC - 5/10

TPM - 3/10
  • Sbroffage
    737 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    TPM - 5
    AOTC - 6,5
    ROTS - 8
    ANH - 9
    ESB - 9,5
    ROTJ - 10

I didn't watch the new movie and I never will (but I read a lot and heard a lot about it), bleah, that's not Star Wars, it's fan service reboot with no creativity.
    By the way it looks like I'm enjoying the film in cronological order, hah!
  • By release date:
    (The Golden Ages)
    A New Hope: 9/10
    - Classic
    Empire: 10/10
    - Even more classic
    Jedi: 8/10
    - A good finish to the OT
    (The Dark Times)
    The Phantom Menace: 2/10
    - We get more Binks than Maul...
    Attack of the Clones: 3/10
    _ The green screen isn't even proud of this one.
    Revenge of the Sith: 6/10
    - Okay first half. Last half is great.
    (The Comeback)
    The Force Awakens: 8/10
    - Not perfect but the joyful ride from the OT returns to set up what has the potential to be another classic trilogy.
  • in terms of how good the films are:

TPM - 4/10
    AOTC - 4/10
    ROTS - 6/10
    ANH - 8/10
    ESB - 9/10
    ROTJ - 7/0
    TFA - 8/10

however my order of enjoyment from watching is different:

1. ESB
    2. TFA
    3. ROTJ
    4. ROTS
    5. ANH
    6. AOTC
    7. TPM
    "The force is strong with this one."
  • snakebro25
    404 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I'm not going to give each a rating, but instead just rank them:

1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. A New Hope
    3. Force Awakens
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. Revenge of the Sith
    6. Phantom Menace
    7. Attack of the Clones

To be fair to the actors of the prequel trilogy, specifically Christensen, watch some of their other films. They're good actors, but the lines of the prequels were just so dang cheesy and awful that it made them seem like horrible actors.
  • 1. 10/10
    2. 10/10 - original stories
    3. 10/10

4. 10/10
    5. 10/10 - original stories
    6. 10/10

7. 1/10 - unoriginal story

I care more about the story than the actors and effects. Thats just me. I think The Force Awakens is a really fun watch but the story really let me down.
    Deathstick addict. PSN: tuffgnar
  • 1. 10/10
    2. 10/10 - original stories
    3. 10/10

4. 10/10
    5. 10/10 - original stories
    6. 10/10

7. 1/10 - unoriginal story

I care more about the story than the actors and effects. Thats just me. I think The Force Awakens is a really fun watch but the story really let me down.

Do you not see how Episode 1 also has some of the same things in it as A New Hope and The Force Awakens?
  • I see how its the beginning to the events that unfold in a new hope.
    Deathstick addict. PSN: tuffgnar
  • ND513
    550 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    1. 4/10
    2. 4/10
    3. 5/10
    4. 10/10
    5. 10/10
    6. 9/10
    7. 7-8/10 (can't decide)
  • snakebro25 wrote: »

To be fair to the actors of the prequel trilogy, specifically Christensen, watch some of their other films. They're good actors, but the lines of the prequels were just so dang cheesy and awful that it made them seem like horrible actors.

This is so true. I'm a defender of what's good about the prequels and I will never cast them out like they don't exist. There is indeed a lot of misguided information such as this about Christensen. The writing is what failed, not the actors. Hayden did EXACTLY what was told to him by Lucas and the script. The overall story is good, it's just the execution that was subpar.

I'm not going to rate them based on movie principals as I have issues with criticism and the medium. People treat it as an absolute thing more than they should in an industry that is a lot about personal taste. I also don't want to get into the prequel argument so I'm not going to go there. I'm going to rate based on my enjoyment and overall story richness. I love the universe and I enjoyed all the material thus far for what they are so I don't hate on anything.

Empire Strikes Back
    Really showcases the Empire and that sense of how small the Rebellion is compared to them. There is a lot of character development in this one and, refreshingly so, you find our heroes weren't always on the winning side. The whole movie was pretty exciting.

A New Hope/The Force Awakens
    Since both are similar (I enjoyed both, maybe TFA more but I have only seen it once so hard to decide yet) I put them with each other. I have no problem with the similarities, as it echos the "good vs evil" theme you see in society. The Empire will never stop (as well as never stop underestimating) and their will always be those few people who will never stop fighting back. TFA was a great introduction to a mysterious world with mysterious characters much like ANH. Ren is among as powerful of a Sith as they can potentially come so I can't wait to see him at his worst in the future. My only issue with TFA is they should have never had been able to destroy the Starkiller base SO easily. That WAS a bit redundant. It should only had happened in one of the later movies to at least show the Empire learned from it's mistakes.

Revenge of the Sith
    You finally get to see the genius plan of Palpatine, which was decades in the making, come to life. You find out the Clones and the war itself was just a ploy to take control. I thought the movie captured the downfall beautifully and it sets the tone perfectly for the where things began in the original trilogy.

Attack of the Clones
    So much goes on in this one. You see Palpatines real desires, the faltering of the jedi council, the mystery and creation of the clones, some great fights and and of course those few vital moments that lead Anakin down THAT path.

Return of the Jedi
    While I don't have any real problems with the Ewoks, story wise, the rebellion were pretty lucky to find them. I wish there was more shown about how the Empire destroys worlds for their personal gain and they should have shown something personal happening to the Ewoks and their home on the moon to give some kind of better reasoning instead of "Right place, right time". I like how Luke transforms in this one, however it still irks me that he is considered a Master at this point in his time even though not TOO much time has really passed. He lacked any real experience to really be called a Master, trained by Yoda or not.

The Phantom Menace
    Maybe they could have done half the movie where they find Anakin as a child and another half years down the road to help bridge the gap of his age in the 2nd movie. Maul should have gotten a bigger part as the main villain of the movie. The whole Gungan war makes sense but they could have hinted at it instead of spending a large chunk of movie on it, perhaps focusing more on the overall scope of the universe. Jar Jar never bothered me like he bothers others but they could have utilized his silly character a bit more while also toning it down a bit. It's definitely my least favorite and not the best introduction to the next two following prequels.

(sorry for the long post, I was bored and felt like typing)
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • xSha3nx
    340 posts Member
    I. - 8.5/10 Because I worship Darth Maul.
    II.- 7/10
    III.- 8/10
    IV.-9/10
    V.- 10/10
    VI.- 9.5/10
    VII.-6/10 Because I felt like they remade the movie from IV.
  • TPM 3/10 good villian and that's it
    AOTC 5/10 made the clones jango fett and other things I loved but still isn't that good
    ROTS 6/10 it was ok but it was a little wierd
    ANH 9/10 made some mistakes had some problems but still good
    ESB 10/10 I see nothing wrong this film except for the no
    ROTJ 8/10 I didn't like this ewoks was just part of it Jabba was good though
  • Quizolio
    3221 posts Member
    I don't feel like scoring because I'm lazy, but here are my rankings:

1: Empire Strikes Back

2: A New Hope/The Force Awakens*

3: Return of the Jedi

4: Revenge of the Sith

5: The Phantom Menace

6: Attack of the Clones

* I consider episode 4 and episode 7 on the same level. They are very similar in many ways, but more so in the fact that they both have introduced new generations of fans to a galaxy far, far away.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • 1. The Force Awakens
    2. Empire Strikes Back
    3. Revenge of the Sith
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. Attack of the Clones
    6. A New Hope
    7. The Phantom Menace
  • 1. Empire Strikes Back. Maybe a formative years thing, but totally mesmerized when I saw it. 10/10
    2. A New Hope. The all time nostalgia film for me. I remember my dad pulling me out of school in the 2nd grade to catch a matinee at the Coronet at Geary and Arguello in San Francisco. One of my fondest childhood memories. 10/10
    3. Revenge of the Sith. I thought the Vader backstory was great despite some wooden (Hayden) and some hammy (Ewan) acting. It didn't pull punches like I thought it would. 9/10
    4. The Force Awakens. There's a lot to like here, but it was a bit too rehashy. Some amazing scenes though. 8/10.
    5. Return of the Jedi. If the battle had been on the Kashykk as originally planned with wookies rather than Endor, it could have been awesome. But the Jabba stuff felt overly gimmicky until the Ewoks showed up, ruining the movie. Still, the stuff between Vader and Luke was handled very well. 7/10
    6. The Phantom Menace. I think I need to rewatch this and fast forward any scene with Jar Jar. I was so turned off by parts of the movie, I think I missed some of the good stuff. 5/10
    7. Attack of the Clones. I don't know, maybe I dozed off during the good stuff, but pretty forgettable. 5/10
  • Episodes I-VI, 10/10.

TFA sucks big time. I'd like to know what happens in the real Episode VII.
  • RIFRIG
    480 posts Member
    The Force Awa
    Sbroffage wrote: »
    TPM - 5
    AOTC - 6,5
    ROTS - 8
    ANH - 9
    ESB - 9,5
    ROTJ - 10

I didn't watch the new movie and I never will (but I read a lot and heard a lot about it), bleah, that's not Star Wars, it's fan service reboot with no creativity.
    By the way it looks like I'm enjoying the film in cronological order, hah!

I didn't watch the new movie......LOL
  • TPM - 5 1/2/10
    AOTC - 7/10
    ROTS - 9/10

ANH - 7/10
    ESB - 8/10
    ROTJ - 9/10

TFA - 5/10

THAT IS RIGHT. THE PHANTOM MENACE IS BETTER THAN THE FORCE AWAKENS caps.
  • My order of best to worst in the Star Wars franchise...

1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. A New Hope
    3. Return of the Jedi
    4. Revenge of the Sith
    5. The Force Awakens
    6. The Phantom Menace
    7. Attack of the Clones
    PSN: N3GAT1VE_CR33P (Note: blank requests get deleted)
  • I can tell you're a youngling since your list is pretty much upside down.

ESB 10/10

ANH 9/10

ROTJ 7/10

TFA 7/10

ROTS 4/10

TPM 4/10

AOTC 4/10

CGI, Jar Jar, horrible acting, and Lucas trying to shoehorn the story in ruined the prequels for me. Nothing like the magic of the OT. TFA, along with Rogue One, has me excited for an edgier, more gritty story from here on out.

Basically my same ranking, except I would give ROTS 5/10 and drop AOTC 3/10. I put ROTJ and TFA on the same level; fun movies with too many missed opportunities by playing it safe and copying a New Hope.

So, rankings:

ESB 10/10

ANH 9/10

ROTJ 7/10

TFA 7/10

ROTS 5/10

TPM 4/10

AOTC 3/10
  • 1. Return Of The Jedi

2. The Empire Strikes Back

3. Star Wars (1977)

4. The Force Awakens

5. The Phantom Menace

6. Attack Of The Clones

7. Revenge Of The Sith
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • Growing up with the prequels, I don't hold as much prejudice towards them as others, but I do agree that the originals are still better films. For me, the Force Awakens was good the first time, but its flaws really come out the more you watch it. Honestly it barely adds much to the Star Wars lore.

1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. A New Hope/Return of The Jedi (They Honestly Please Me The Same)
    3. Revenge of The Sith
    4. Force Awakens
    5. The Phantom Menace (Pod-Racing, Darth Maul, The Amazing Music)
    6. Attack of The Clones
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif