criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

C-3PO Marvel Comics one shot - how he got the red arm (spoilers)

DarthJ
6659 posts Member
Has anyone else read this yet? A fairly good issue and a good backstory that leaves some questions unanswered, such as Admiral Ackbar being held by the First Order. This wasn't mentioned in the films but it would be great to build on with the comics.
Also, 3PO taking the red arm in tribute to the droid who sacrificed himself was cool.
Alongside the Poe no 1 issue, all looks good from the stories being told so far.
PSN: ibrajoker59

Replies

• DarthJ
    6659 posts Member
    Woops - just realised I should have posted this in off-topic probably.
  • Yeah, I read this the other day. I liked the comic but felt it was a bit random to be honest. I thought there would be more of a significant back story to the arm thing, though not sure what I was expecting- it's just an arm after all. Overall the comics are really good and I love how everything is official cannon now.
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    I'll move it bud. I haven't read this one yet! Only one I need.
    May the force be with you.
  • DarthJ
    6659 posts Member
    ChrisPull wrote: »
    Yeah, I read this the other day. I liked the comic but felt it was a bit random to be honest. I thought there would be more of a significant back story to the arm thing, though not sure what I was expecting- it's just an arm after all. Overall the comics are really good and I love how everything is official cannon now.

Yeah I was expecting a backstory revolving around it, something major. Quite cool overall though and a good adventure seperately with droids. I'd like to see what happened to Ackbar though. The Vader series particularly has been outstanding!
  • Is this a new comic? I never read one but heard many of them are not canon anymore.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• DarthJ
    6659 posts Member
    @Ahsoka_Tano its new - all canon as part of the marvel/disney series.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Dam. Looks like I should start buying the comics.
    Especially if people are complimenting the C3PO one!! My least liked character
  • DarthJ
    6659 posts Member
    Webn8tr_ wrote: »
    Dam. Looks like I should start buying the comics.
    Especially if people are complimenting the C3PO one!! My least liked character

Get them! I'm always hit and miss with 3PO but the comic was cool. Love the Vader and main series, and a Poe Dameron series has just started.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Thanks for the heads up^
    Best way to get/find SW comics?
  • DarthJ
    6659 posts Member
    Comic shops? I don't know what you have in the US, but we have forbidden planet here. Or you could buy them off Marvels website?