criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Forest of Endor

We wont get Space battles....but can Fighter Squadron get this?

MrFurious1000
1231 posts Member
edited April 2016
Obviously adjusted for battlefront multiplayer. Just being able to use the Destroyers as cover would be fun. Now we have really nothing to use as cover. It doesnt have to be in Space. Could be on each of the planets in our map cycle. This could almost be like a walker assault for Fighter Squadron. Who else is with me? Go to 1:04 to jump right into action

Replies

• Quizolio
    3221 posts Member
    Dude, you just found my kryptonite. I'd so be for this. It would solve the problem of the boring blank canvas that is space.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • Obviously adjusted for battlefront multiplayer. Just being able to use the Destroyers as cover would be fun. Now we have really nothing to use as cover. It doesnt have to be in Space. Could be on each of the planets in our map cycle. This could almost be like a walker assault for Fighter Squadron. Who else is with me? Go to 1:04 to jump right into action

Absolutely, I would love this. I was hope EA's Battlefront would be closer to this and seems doable.
  • Rogue squadron. <3 Love those games!
    RS3 had some beauty levels, RS2 was the best version overall though.
  • This is exactly what I'm looking for!! there was a mission almost identical to this in lego star wars and it was the *****
  • Yeah awesome games i pick them up once in a while and play its funny how old those games are now and manage to trump fighter squadren sad but true and you got a full game forbwhat you paid for
  • Yeah awesome games i pick them up once in a while and play its funny how old those games are now and manage to trump fighter squadren sad but true and you got a full game forbwhat you paid for

Fighter squadron is only part of a Bigger game, its not its own series.
    Men lie, women lie, Numbers dont
    No%20Hero%20Pick%20ups_zpslyvl9npw.jpg
    anti hero pick up.

Fighter squadron is only part of a Bigger game, its not its own series.

Lmfao you don't say

I would hope that EA/Dice would take notes on what made these classic games awesome. A little part of me hopes for rogue squadron 4 will actually get revived and brought back
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/canceled-star-wars-rogue-squadron-game-details-eme/1100-6422908/
    this news actually killed me a little bit
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Fighter squadron in space would be so boring!
    FS is my favorite game mode. It needs more!!
    This would be perfect!
    All i want to do is destroy a StarDestroyer like the movies!!!!
    (FS is still broken)
  • I'd be happy with them fixing the bugs and balancing it. I think battle over the Death Star will scratch my "space itch". I just hope they get FS fixed by then. It's horrible.
  • Large ships being a part of the field of play would be very cool, regardless of being in space or the lower atmosphere. Treating them like AT-ATs where they can be damaged, shoot at fighters, and have multiple turrets that players can jump into and control would be really fun. Over in the "missions feedback" subsection we've discussed this before and envisioned some pretty cool larger FS modes that would be kind of like WA.
  • andytheavs wrote: »
    Large ships being a part of the field of play would be very cool, regardless of being in space or the lower atmosphere. Treating them like AT-ATs where they can be damaged, shoot at fighters, and have multiple turrets that players can jump into and control would be really fun. Over in the "missions feedback" subsection we've discussed this before and envisioned some pretty cool larger FS modes that would be kind of like WA.

Hopefully Bespin DLC really adds to fighter squadron
  • Large ships in fighter squardon would be great. They could even add playable Y-Wings/TIE-Bombers to fighter squardon if this is going to happen. Bombers would be very usefull for attacking capital ships.
  • shaundobson
    1899 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Yeah I thought they would have capital ships in the playable areas to make the battle seem larger.

When the teaser trailer arrived they did have capital ships flying around.
  • A few months back, didn't Dennis say he was investigating the possibility of getting Capital Ships into the playable area?
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • If they did decide to emulate this it'd be absolutely incredible with the current engine and graphics.
  • I'd like to see the Trench Run and Inside of death Star 2 Flying Through Tight corridors with Laser Turrets everywhere. I'd like to see the Executor up close, or watch it crash into the Death Star.

Wanna see Vader's Tie Advanced with two Tie's Following him, control all three vehicles and Guns.
    CgQjeBHUAAAZ90n.jpg:large
    #SoloPlayersMatter: Skirmish was officially confirmed as Arcade Join us on Facebook (870+ members) and on Twitter!

• A few months back, didn't Dennis say he was investigating the possibility of getting Capital Ships into the playable area?

yes he did. Hopefully something came of this and Fighter Squadron does get some capital ships in the way. If anything they can be used as cover. I would love to try and lose a tail by flying close to large ship like that

yes he did. Hopefully something came of this and Fighter Squadron does get some capital ships in the way. If anything they can be used as cover. I would love to try and lose a tail by flying close to large ship like that
    Yes! Dennis Actually said he would like to see that changed. I'd love to spawn out of hanger sometimes!

#SoloPlayersMatter: Skirmish was officially confirmed as Arcade Join us on Facebook (870+ members) and on Twitter!

Yes! Dennis Actually said he would like to see that changed. I'd love to spawn out of hanger sometimes!
    I would be nice to have stationary canon fire from the capital ships provide a very small degree of cover when spawning in or when your side is getting crushed
  • Those star destroyer gunners are gonna be busy lol

I would be nice to have stationary canon fire from the capital ships provide a very small degree of cover when spawning in or when your side is getting crushed

And since they already have those turbolaser towers on the sullust map, that do shoot at rebel ships, they could probably cut and paste them onto a star destroyer or whichever such ship.
  • I heard the executor was on a diplomatic mission - you should be ashamed!

They do have the X-Wing Series on Steam as well as the old Rebel Assault games on the cheap for any PC players that want to relive the glory days.

I agree, there was always a separate bit of action in all the movies from the OT and those afterwards as well - there was the battle in space and on the ground....If there is not a trench run of some sort for the death star expansion, there might be a real rebellion from the FS players.
  • DOWNWARDZ
    1067 posts Member
    Yes..yes. We want Atmosphere Battles...on a larger scale.

• Give Feedback in the Feedback section, developers want to hear from you! Tweet feedback to EA_Star Wars!
    Need Capital Ships in playable area!

Join my feedback discussion! :) http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/39743/fighter-squadron-feedback-with-example-video#latest