criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

What music is played when...?

Sevarus
232 posts Member
When Luke's house and uncle are killed?
And it's also played near the end of return of the Jedi I think when their burning Darth Vaders Helmet.

It's quite slow and sad and has a very highly pitched bit (it's also played when Luke when dies in game)

I think it may be the light side of the force melody can anyone confirm? Or does anyone have any other ideas? Thank you

Replies

• The song that plays in the film when Luke finds his aunt and uncle is Burning Homestead.

When Luke is defeated in Battlefront it sounds like a portion of Binary Sunset.

• Sevarus
    232 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Thank you it's defiantly the second one,I'm sure that song is played in return on the Jedi as well maybe just after they burn Vaders helmet.

It's quite sad I imagine the song suits the mood of Luke mourning his dead father

I just watched the whole OT over the weekend and Tuesday and I found it very moving. It was very emotional particularly when this song was played near the end.

I watched the prequels a couple of months previous and I must say the OT is so much better. It such a shame they are ruining/killing so many iconic characters now. If Disney can get something as moving as the OT then they have done well.

If it wasent played near the end then I guess it might be a different one with that high pitch bit in.
  • deadbydawn
    638 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Sevarus wrote: »
    Thank you it's defiantly the second one,I'm sure that song is played in return on the Jedi as well maybe just after they burn Vaders helmet.

It's quite sad I imagine the song suits the mood of Luke mourning his dead father

I just watched the whole OT over the weekend and Tuesday and I found it very moving. It was very emotional particularly when this song was played near the end.

I watched the prequels a couple of months previous and I must say the OT is so much better. It such a shame they are ruining/killing so many iconic characters now. If Disney can get something as moving as the OT then they have done well.

If it wasent played near the end then I guess it might be a different one with that high pitch bit in.

The song in Return of the Jedi (Light of the Force) has the same melody, but it's a little different. Skip to around 2:10 to hear it.

• Sevarus
    232 posts Member
    Thank you around 1:55 as well sounds like the bit I heard.

The sound track as well in the movies was excellent the Orchestra that performes the songs are very good.
  • Sevarus wrote: »

The sound track as well in the movies was excellent the Orchestra that performes the songs are very good.

That was my bad I put the wrong time in the original post. I edited it, but you're right.

• Sevarus
    232 posts Member
    deadbydawn wrote: »

That was my bad I put the wrong time in the original post. I edited it, but you're right.

I was reading a article earlier and it says that George Lucas edited the Orginal trilogy after its film release so that when it finally came to television certain things had changed.

I have heard that a computer generated Jabba was added and the previous one removed. Greedo shot first missed and was then killed by Han Solo while in the original release he was just shot by Han. (Han shot first)!

And the ghost of Anakin Skywalker was added at the end. (I know that's true because the actor looks too similar to the one in Attack of the clones and revenge of the Sith)

Are these things true and if so why did he do it? And why do the movies still carry their Orginal release date if they have been added.

PS

I'm new to Star Wars and wasent alive when the Orginal trilogy was around hence I watched the prequels before the Orginal trilogy thank you for your patience! ;)

I was reading a article earlier and it says that George Lucas edited the Orginal trilogy after its film release so that when it finally came to television certain things had changed.

I have heard that a computer generated Jabba was added and the previous one removed. Greedo shot first missed and was then killed by Han Solo while in the original release he was just shot by Han. (Han shot first)!

And the ghost of Anakin Skywalker was added at the end. (I know that's true because the actor looks too similar to the one in Attack of the clones and revenge of the Sith)

Are these things true and if so why did he do it? And why do the movies still carry their Orginal release date if they have been added.

PS

I'm new to Star Wars and wasent alive when the Orginal trilogy was around hence I watched the prequels before the Orginal trilogy thank you for your patience! ;)

Hey no worries! This is a good place to ask questions.

There have been a lot of changes made to the OT films over the years. If you want to know a little more, you can head over to this Wikipedia link that sort of breaks it down. That'll probably be easier than me trying to explain it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_changes_in_Star_Wars_re-releases

• Sevarus
    232 posts Member

PS

Hey no worries! This is a good place to ask questions.

There have been a lot of changes made to the OT films over the years. If you want to know a little more, you can head over to this Wikipedia link that sort of breaks it down. That'll probably be easier than me trying to explain it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_changes_in_Star_Wars_re-releases

Thank you again

Wow their are a lot of changes.I was watching the films on the the Star Wars channel so I imagine I have proberly seen the majorty of them!

What is the fans opinion of this? I can see why some have complained about it!

Also are you excited for Rogue 1? I have heard their will be no force sensitive charterers in it. If the plot is good then I personally don't mind but I do like a good sabre fight (particularly) when they felt rare and special in the OT! (even kids have light sabres in the prequels)
    Thank you again

Wow their are a lot of changes.I was watching the films on the the Star Wars channel so I imagine I have proberly seen the majorty of them!

What is the fans opinion of this? I can see why some have complained about it!

Also are you excited for Rogue 1? I have heard their will be no force sensitive charterers in it. If the plot is good then I personally don't mind but I do like a good sabre fight (particularly) when they felt rare and special in the OT! (even kids have light sabres in the prequels)

Yeah, a lot of changes indeed. Needless to say, the fans don't like them haha.

I am very, very excited for Rogue One. I was at Star Wars Celebration last year when they showed some concept art and was hooked. It'll be cool to see a story that we've all heard about play out on the screen. The rumors now are that no one in the main cast will be Force sensitive, which I like.
  • Kj-ZoSo
    609 posts Member
    That same piece of 'burning homestead' music from A New Hope was bizarrely reused in TFA when Rey magically beats that Vader wannabe in force pulling the lightsaber. A new more triumphant piece would have suited that scene much more than Luke's burning homestead and slaughtered family, surely? Such dribble.

Anyway, it's good to hear from a new fan. Don't let people's negative reviews of the minute changes in the Special Editions that do not alter how amazing they are sway your opinion. Minute as in, they change nothing in the plot or overall direction of the movies, and if they'd been done like that in the first place, people would have hardly then given the movies bad reviews.

George Lucas didn't want Han ending up with the Princess, having been a cold blooded killer, so they made Greedo shoot first. Slight character fix, changes nothing of the greatness of the film. Jabba was always intended to be the big slug like alien he's know as now, but they didn't have budget/time/know how to do that, so it was filmed with just an actor. 20 years later we get to see the scene reinserted with a digital replacement of Jabba over the actor, and they even inserted Boba Fett who wasn't around originally at the time of the first film. Way more good than 'bad' in the Special Editions.

The audio and visual fixes and enhancements and restoration, and additional scenes make the Special Editions the much better versions, and tie in more with the awesome prequel trilogy/the overall story (I-VI). Enjoy!
  • Kj-ZoSo wrote: »
    That same piece of 'burning homestead' music from A New Hope was bizarrely reused in TFA when Rey magically beats that Vader wannabe in force pulling the lightsaber. A new more triumphant piece would have suited that scene much more than Luke's burning homestead and slaughtered family, surely? Such dribble.

Anyway, it's good to hear from a new fan. Don't let people's negative reviews of the minute changes in the Special Editions that do not alter how amazing they are sway your opinion. Minute as in, they change nothing in the plot or overall direction of the movies, and if they'd been done like that in the first place, people would have hardly then given the movies bad reviews.

George Lucas didn't want Han ending up with the Princess, having been a cold blooded killer, so they made Greedo shoot first. Slight character fix, changes nothing of the greatness of the film. Jabba was always intended to be the big slug like alien he's know as now, but they didn't have budget/time/know how to do that, so it was filmed with just an actor. 20 years later we get to see the scene reinserted with a digital replacement of Jabba over the actor, and they even inserted Boba Fett who wasn't around originally at the time of the first film. Way more good than 'bad' in the Special Editions.

The audio and visual fixes and enhancements and restoration, and additional scenes make the Special Editions the much better versions, and tie in more with the awesome prequel trilogy/the overall story (I-VI). Enjoy!

Thank you I discovered the films after playing this game. I wanted to play a shooter with a differences and useing charceter's with abilities. (Heroes seems a great way to do it) I then watched the prequels saw TFA and then watched all of the OT.

I always found George Lucas's comments interesting when he said that the project was unfinished. It does make sense now thou. I wasent around when the OT was first around but I imagine a actor playing Jabba would have looked pretty bad. Han murdering a bounty hunter who didn't shoot him first would look bad particulary as you said me goes on to marry Leia.

The addition of Anakin's ghost was the thing that most struck me. Thou this makes sence to make the whole story make sence.

I am also excited for Rogue one but I do wonder what episode number they will give because of it is before a new hope but after the prequels that makes it episode 4. Will they change the number order of all the movies? Makeing A New Hope episode V and The Empire Strikes back episode VI etc?
  • Quizolio
    3221 posts Member
    Light of the Force is my all time favorite Star Wars track. Always find myself listening to it.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • Kj-ZoSo
    609 posts Member
    Kj-ZoSo wrote: »

Thank you I discovered the films after playing this game. I wanted to play a shooter with a differences and useing charceter's with abilities. (Heroes seems a great way to do it) I then watched the prequels saw TFA and then watched all of the OT.

I always found George Lucas's comments interesting when he said that the project was unfinished. It does make sense now thou. I wasent around when the OT was first around but I imagine a actor playing Jabba would have looked pretty bad. Han murdering a bounty hunter who didn't shoot him first would look bad particulary as you said me goes on to marry Leia.

The addition of Anakin's ghost was the thing that most struck me. Thou this makes sence to make the whole story make sence.

I am also excited for Rogue one but I do wonder what episode number they will give because of it is before a new hope but after the prequels that makes it episode 4. Will they change the number order of all the movies? Makeing A New Hope episode V and The Empire Strikes back episode VI etc?

Yep, it makes sense, and there's more to see. Many artists always wish for more in their works.

I like how they made Han walk over Jabba's tail, like he'd be one of the few who'd have the nerve to do that, as originally Ford walks around the human stand in actor:

Rogue One isn't an episode, they're calling it A Star Wars Story. All of what Di$ney are doing now are merely Star Wars spinoff stories though, as they chose not to work with George Lucas and the actual sequel trilogy he has written. They didn't want him involved. I really couldn't care less about 'Episodes' 8 or 9 now. 7 was awful.

Though not calling Rogue One an episode and admitting it's a spinoff, I'm still partially curious to what they've done with it. Though some of the trailer looks good, it still appears they're basing work on production paintings used for the originals rather than come up with their own stuff. Eh, we'll see.

Glad you took a chance on a different shooter.
  • Sevarus
    232 posts Member

Yep, it makes sense, and there's more to see. Many artists always wish for more in their works.

I like how they made Han walk over Jabba's tail, like he'd be one of the few who'd have the nerve to do that, as originally Ford walks around the human stand in actor:

Rogue One isn't an episode, they're calling it A Star Wars Story. All of what Di$ney are doing now are merely Star Wars spinoff stories though, as they chose not to work with George Lucas and the actual sequel trilogy he has written. They didn't want him involved. I really couldn't care less about 'Episodes' 8 or 9 now. 7 was awful.

Though not calling Rogue One an episode and admitting it's a spinoff, I'm still partially curious to what they've done with it. Though some of the trailer looks good, it still appears they're basing work on production paintings used for the originals rather than come up with their own stuff. Eh, we'll see.

Glad you took a chance on a different shooter.

Thank you that makes sence now. It's a shame that Disney don't want to work with him but why would Lucas sell it if their so much money left in it. I think it's proberly best their spin-offs it will be hard to replicate the fell of the OT
  • Lucas has said something like all the hard work that went into making STAR WARS (most likely the prequels and maybe Special Editions), and all you get for it is a lot of moaning. I guess there's only so much a man can take. Before Di$ney bought LucasFilm, they made sure there were more viable properties or something, more stories and such in the pipeline to go on. I should imagine he felt betrayed when after the sale they turned around and said they didn't want him involved, and then do 'their own thing' (ie. rip of his work and make it worse).

Personally, I wish I could contact the man to tell him thanks for all his work on these absolutely fantastic movies. No measuring the impact he's had on popular culture, movie production tech and home cinema etc.