criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Who is sick of Hoth

Prev1
DO2L
129 posts Member
I'm so sick of Hoth. Every time I join a game, no matter what mode, here comes Hoth. They could just remove it from rotation and it would take a while for me to miss it.

Replies

• Here. Twilight is annoying.
  • Mord-Vi
    907 posts Member
    Hoth is my favorite map in the entire game. I've never felt tired of that map, unless my team is getting stomped and its hopeless
    --i7-5960X OC @ 4.4 Ghz--G.SKILL DDR4 16GB--SLI EVGA ACX 2.0 FTW GTX970--
  • leftweet
    2216 posts Member
    I don't even remember the last time I played a Hoth big map. It's been spitting me into Endor and Sullust a lot recently. Regardless, I seriously love nearly all the maps in this game. I don't think there's a map that makes me feel like backing out. Teammates, on the other hand...
    I write things for The Star Wars Game Outpost
  • The same happens to me, except for me it is Endor I'm sick of. Seems like every time I start a game it always sends me to Endor.
  • I can't quite work the flow out on Twilight tbh, I could take it or leave it.
  • I'm sick of desert maps. We already have Jakku and Tatooine, not to mention the Outer Rim gave us even more maps for Tatooine.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Dkastro
    61 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Outpost Beta will never get old.

Twilight on Hoth is awful
  • JoshDamage
    1429 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    LOL I am. Outpost Beta is a death trap. I actually enjoy twilight.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I love Hoth..
    Better than Tattooine and Jakkooine
    Twilight on Hoth is my favorite map..
    Love the falling snow when your flying
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    I love Twilight on Hoth
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • But Twilight On Hoth is awesome.
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • Quizolio
    3221 posts Member
    Outpost Beta, for me, is the definitive Battlefront map. Loved it ever since the open beta.

Twilight on Hoth, on the other hand, is a totally different story. I hate playing on it purely because it just turns into a massive camping trip every time I play that map. Its beautiful, but promotes too much sitting back and sniping, IMO.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • Ezio
    974 posts Member
    Quizolio wrote: »
    Outpost Beta, for me, is the definitive Battlefront map. Loved it ever since the open beta.

Twilight on Hoth, on the other hand, is a totally different story. I hate playing on it purely because it just turns into a massive camping trip every time I play that map. Its beautiful, but promotes too much sitting back and sniping, IMO.

Outpost Beta brings me back to my grade school days where I would recreate the Battle of Hoth with my siblings after a blizzard.
  • ugh, every endor map is trash

hoth has the best maps imo
  • I'm definitely sick of Twilight. Looks cool at night but that's about it for me. Jundland wastes and the Forest moon of Endor (the original Endor) are my faves.
  • I usually do surprisingly well in Hoth maps, especially Twilight.
    Survivors of Endor is the worst for me, I get stuck everywhere, and those very high camping spots are incredibly annoying
  • The Hoth maps are my favorite. It's Survivors of Endor that I'm sick of. I get that map all of the time, and I can't orient myself with all of the fire and ember floating around.
    Stormtroopers... keep your helmet on. ;)
  • Quizolio
    3221 posts Member
    I usually do surprisingly well in Hoth maps, especially Twilight.
    Survivors of Endor is the worst for me, I get stuck everywhere, and those very high camping spots are incredibly annoying
    KliFace wrote: »
    The Hoth maps are my favorite. It's Survivors of Endor that I'm sick of. I get that map all of the time, and I can't orient myself with all of the fire and ember floating around.

My biggest issue with Survivors of Endor is that bloody curve in the middle, right out of the gate in Supremacy. Totally kills any momentum both sides have and pauses the flow of the game.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • Mcap
    873 posts Member
    Hoth is a great map. Twilight on Hoth, not so much.
  • I love Hoth beta....Twilight is better when playing supremacy in the daylight.
  • The spawn points on both are terrible.
  • IVIaster_LUKE
    1567 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I'm sick of the linear map design and AT-AT's on rails.

What that? The rebel base is to the left? Sorry General Veers this thing only goes straight. $&@?!
    luke.png
  • Twilight On Hoth and myself despise each other. That's easily my least favourite of all the maps.
    PSN: ORancisis "I am one with the Force. The Force is with me"
  • I still love the spectacle of the original hoth map but hate the spawn slaughtering by rebel ships.

Twighlight on Hoth is my least favourite map of all. It looks gorgeous but I hate how it plays.
  • DaBeast
    1189 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    For some reason it always puts me in Survivors of Endor. Beautiful map but when you play it over and over it gets annoying.
  • Arockstar2
    707 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Nah, not sick of Hoth. More like getting sick of all the desert planets/maps. (There are so many!) :p

Also, I especially can't stand Endor maps! (Except for the Endor base one, that one is alright)
  • I don't mind the Hoth maps, but one map that needs serious re-working is the Rebel Base map. It's too easy for one team to block the other at their spawn point and keep them from advancing. And don't tell me there's another way out of spawn, I tried that once. What did I find? people from the opposing team waiting for me.
  • Ezio
    974 posts Member
    Rebel Base map?
  • leftweet
    2216 posts Member
    Ezio wrote: »
    Rebel Base map?

It's the one in the hangar with the Millennium Falcon.
    I write things for The Star Wars Game Outpost
  • I would like a new Hoth Map. Something like the off line version with hills and caves so there's less sniping and more up close action.

• DO2L wrote: »
    I'm so sick of Hoth. Every time I join a game, no matter what mode, here comes Hoth. They could just remove it from rotation and it would take a while for me to miss it.
    I never liked it in this game but in other games it has been my fav
  • Personally I'm sick of Endor...

I'd say that the majority of maps I join on 40 or 12 player modes it's Endor...
  • Hate Twilight. Awful map and I just can't figure it out. Hate the smaller HvV map too. And your little dog too!

Love Rebel Base.
  • kevbrim
    123 posts Member
    Hate Twilight. Awful map and I just can't figure it out. Hate the smaller HvV map too. And your little dog too!

Love Rebel Base.

Yea, I'm not a big fan of Twilight either. I think the problem is the map is not "long" enough. The walkers are right on top of you for most of the 3rd set up uplinks.

• Ezio
    974 posts Member
    leftweet wrote: »
    Ezio wrote: »
    Rebel Base map?

It's the one in the hangar with the Millennium Falcon.

Ah, Rebel Depot. I was legitimately confused as there are several maps that could be considered a Rebel Base, both large and small.
  • I cant stand Outpost Beta for supremacy, its such a big map, but all the action is concentrated in that tiny room and system of hallways. And forget trying to flank around to the other side, you would have to cross right in front of the enemy spawn. Its fine for walker assault, but the imperial spawn in the ditch during the first set of uplinks is atrocious (you all know which one im talking about)

As for twilight, i like it at night, but for me its an ok map. I would like it a lot better if it had more hero pickups on walker assault. Why do we only get heroes for the final round?
  • I love Hoth..
    Better than Tattooine and Jakkooine
    Twilight on Hoth is my favorite map..
    Love the falling snow when your flying
    Post edited by Webn8tr_ on April 26
    Flag Quote

I see what you did there!
  • Actually hoth is my favorite map for walker assault, lol
  • I agree completely, every single time I try to "find the best 40 player game" I end up getting sent to Hoth! Every Single Time! WHY is that?!?! Im so sick of this Map! Why is it always sending me there? Same with Outpost Beta? What's with the constant snow maps on multiplayer? Can we switch it up a little bit please EA and DICE?
  • OMG it keeps happening!?... What is with this game?... Chill out with the snow maps!
  • I am sick of the same 7 large maps...
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Starmasui73146
    1038 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I am sick of the same 7 large maps...

Well the Supremacy map for Rogue One: Scarif is kind of descent size. It's probably a medium size map but feels bigger with all the brush in the way. Just saying... Still I reeeeeeeeeally wanted a map of that Imperial Base in the distance, it sucks we didn't get it, it really looked huge.
    rogueone0002_1.jpg

Those vast long corridors looked like they went a real long ways. :(
    ROGUE-ONE-A-STAR-WARS-STORY-Official-Teaser-Trailer.mp4_.00_01_12_04.Still002-1200x675.jpg?width=960
    Rogue-One---Star-Wars-Story-trailer-GIF.gif
    “There is always hope.”
  • Loved hoth in the og game in this game ugh hate it
    Dennis Brännvall is FAIL!!!!!
  • Outpost Beta is one of the best. Twilight on the other hand, is awful.
    PSN: Balmain24. Feel free to add!
  • Balmain24 wrote: »
    Outpost Beta is one of the best. Twilight on the other hand, is awful.

What...to each his own. I love that map. All the caves, ice bridges, awesome.
    “There is always hope.”
  • I can't quite work the flow out on Twilight tbh, I could take it or leave it.

I feel the same way. I want to like it, but can't seem to figure it out. I do enjoy Outpost Beta. Makes me feel like I'm in the movie!
  • I hate vendor and Twilight. Ugh.
  • I love all the Hoth maps. It's bloody Survivors Of Endor which shows up every time I play WA. And for some reason I hardly ever see Graveyard Of Giants.
  • Dkastro wrote: »
    Outpost Beta will never get old.

Twilight on Hoth is awful

Was On The List but is not anymore.
  • Outpost Beta is the best big mode map in the game. Twilight however is in the running for worst IMO.