criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Why do people leave when flying for the Imps in FS?

This happens quite often, and have been doing so since january.

Whenever we switch to the Imperial side people drop out, sometimes I find myself with only 3-5 teammates. I can`t understand why?

The only possible reason I can see is that people believe the imperials to be weaker, and that belief comes without actually trying it for themselves - Which is strange, I have all my highest scores done from flying Interceptors.

Yes, the maps are also unbalanced and give the different sides advantages like travelling distance to the dogfighting area and closeness to powerups. But this goes both ways and when you play all maps it will eventually even things out.

So, next time you start up FS and find yourself on the Imperial side: Don`t quit! Choose an Interceptor - enjoy the speed - remember the boost button and have fun! (ps. the bot Xwings goes down after 5-7 good hits)

Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community

Replies

• The short answer is because the mode is not balanced, giving one side invulnerability to lasers for up to 50% of the time with cooldown and people are tired of it. Personally I am an interceptor guy. Rather than just wreck people in my X-Wing and play an unfair imperial side I just stay out of FS altogether, along with a lot of other players, until it is balanced like it should have been from day 1.
  • It`s a lot of players on FS nowadays. But whenever I start on the Imperial side we lose 1-2-3 people, and it is to noticeable that it happens so often compared to the Reb side. Yes, they will be replaced after a while when new players enters, but newcomers often stay 0 until we shift side (and then they start to wreak havoc on the Imperials :smiley: )

At one game I started being killed, like.. A LOT! I was so frustrated, until I noticed we where only 2 Imps against 10 Rebs - LOL! I had been punching that "Down/X" combination so fast I had`t noticed the others leave the game :smiley: I guess those two Interceptors was kinda easy to recognise with the other 18 Imperials flying TIE fighters
  • Because the whole starfighter system has never been balanced. Ever.

Inb4 some sperglord posts a video of him wrecking nub xwings.
  • Versatti
    1392 posts Member
    It's highly annoying and yes it's imbalanced, however if those players just stuck around at least you'd have a fighting chance.

I'm with @GRDNANGL172 and just avoid it.
  • The imperials are weaker.

That's the simple answer to why people leave.
  • How come I often win from both sides then? and sometimes even when I play with lesser numbers on the Imperial side?

Could it be that this unbalance is just another excuse for "I really do not bother"? I have 6 combat master from winning as an Imperial... No, I`m not bragging, I`m seldom on top of the list nor mentioned in the end sequence "hall of fame".... I`m just saying.

• It is possible to win as imperials, but it is far too rare. The vast majority of the games they not only lose, they get WRECKED.
  • because they are rebel scum
  • Versatti
    1392 posts Member
    It is possible to win as imperials, but it is far too rare. The vast majority of the games they not only lose, they get WRECKED.

Agree.

The issue is simple...

You don't have shields.
    You can't move like an A-Wing.
    Half your team then sits it out.
    If you use the TIE/IN you're then much easier to identify.
    You get swarmed by enemy fighters because you're in a 5 player team.

= WRECKED
  • People are leaving because nobody loves being unfairly slaughtered.
  • Those last 2 comments really sum it up well.
  • Versatti wrote: »

Agree.

The issue is simple...

You don't have shields.
    You can't move like an A-Wing.
    Half your team then sits it out.
    If you use the TIE/IN you're then much easier to identify.
    You get swarmed by enemy fighters because you're in a 5 player team.

= WRECKED

Yups, so if people actually stayed (and played) on the Imperial side they wouldn`t get wrecked.

I had a game about a fortnight ago, when we all on the Imperial side started out as Interceptor and we won in less than "no time". I got 9 Awing kills (damn! if I only had gotten that last one) 5 Xwing kills and 16 Xwing bots destroyed. We were kicking it.
  • Even when the whole team stays the imperials get wrecked the vast majority of the games... How it's always been.
  • It's not impossible to win as the Empire, it's just a lot more difficult. A much more skilled Empire side will beat an inexperienced Rebel side, but an experienced Rebel side will 99% of the time beat an experienced Empire side.
    If shields or laser auto-aim were removed then I might actually love this game mode again.
  • Come fly with me, @GRDNANGL172 You`re one of the FS aces in here - you`ll find out what I`m talking about. If I, with my mediocre skills, can do good in an Interceptor then you must be a god in it.
  • I can do pretty decent in it yes. I did sample FS again the other day. You can win as imperials, but you need your team to not bail, but to be very competent as well.

I can still seriously kick butt in FS, but it's not much fun for me with the bugs and imbalancing/mass quitting going on at the moment. I did nothing but FS for the first 2 months. Went from great fun to holy feces.
  • Its cause most people cant fly TIE Fighters.

The TIE's are actually very formidable, as shown in my High scores and videos, example
    outnumbered, no power ups, no Hero Tokens and I still managed to just destroy the competition no sweat

the%20blowout_zpshqpfsdgm.jpg

I have no idea what folks are doing to have the problems that are discussed.

and they cant use the ol "Everybody you shoot down is noobs" cause Ive been playing this game since Early Jan and its the same outcome everytime.

Men lie, women lie, Numbers dont
    No%20Hero%20Pick%20ups_zpslyvl9npw.jpg
    anti hero pick up.
  • tbh the TF's/TI's are so poor that the Millennium Falcon on its own could win without the addition of XW's & AW's.
  • its because the imperials have a major disadvantage, the boost substitute for shields that the rebels have is like saccharine; its not as good. the a-wing can still get the tie boosting. the tie doesnt have the extra maneuverability it should because the evade moves have same cooldown as the rebels ones.

its not impossible for a team of brilliant players to win against a team of rebel noobs just learning the game. otherwise its just a given the A-wings will win, and nobody in their right mind plays a game where they know its 99% likely they will lose, so they quit. they probably only play for a daily challenge anyway. staying on will only slightly reduce the number of kills they lost by is all. it wont change the outcome.
    invalid brain token
  • YEs jut after January I had a surge of Imperial victories and have even had "Oh **** its Ghengis" mesages setn to me, its definitely gone bad. Now I struggle especially on a team half as big as the opposition, and perhaps less skilled as well.

Despite the flaws I enjoyed it IM an old school Xwing v Tie pilot and did a huge amount of Jump to lightspeed in Star Wars Galaxies. Its way too arcadey almost as bad as Rogue Squadron..

One question I have though, What are the stat differentials ebtween flying in FS and Flying in Say Supremacy?

Peace Salam Shalom its all the same thing so **** and play.
  • Piscettios
    4500 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    InbeforeCharltonHestonguy+videos.

Oops, too late!!
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • YEs jut after January I had a surge of Imperial victories and have even had "Oh **** its Ghengis" mesages setn to me, its definitely gone bad. Now I struggle especially on a team half as big as the opposition, and perhaps less skilled as well.

Despite the flaws I enjoyed it IM an old school Xwing v Tie pilot and did a huge amount of Jump to lightspeed in Star Wars Galaxies. Its way too arcadey almost as bad as Rogue Squadron..

One question I have though, What are the stat differentials ebtween flying in FS and Flying in Say Supremacy?

Did you ever play Melees in X-wing vs Tie Fighter ?
    anti hero pick up.
  • The imperials are weaker.

That's the simple answer to why people leave.

Quoted for truth.
    PSN: N3GAT1VE_CR33P (Note: blank requests get deleted)
  • I'm pretty good at FS and play it frequently. I win about 10% of the time as Imperials. What proves to me that it's imbalanced is that I frequently see, in back-to-back games where the lobby remains largely the same (I screenshot the player lists to compare), a team that wins 200-120 as Rebels will get rolled over by a similar score when they switch to the Imperial side.

And with the hit boxes not registering while turning, there's an exploit Rebel pilots can use. Just turn in circles whenever your shields are on cooldown. Makes you invulnerable to blaster fire for just about the entire time.
  • Quizolio
    3221 posts Member
    Rebels have a massive advantage, almost to the point of having a guaranteed win. What times I've won as the Imperials included really great teammates, terrible opponents and a lot of luck.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • I find y`alls lack of fate disturbing! :smiley:

I`m just saying my team can almost stand its own against the Rebels most of the times, when in a full team and have more than 3-4 Interceptors in the air that is. But often (almost everytime) the Imperial team loose players in the beginning and that Rebel advantage is really tough to make up for.

I really won`t say that I`m a good pilot, so it can`t be that its me helping the team towards glory. But the boost is super effective against missiles (upwards circles) and gives you fully charged guns which is pretty neat when hanging on the tale of an Awing. I really miss that boost when piloting the Xwing.

But I guess with only UAintGotNoPowers with me on this, hmm... well... I could be wrong and maybe I also should start quitting the Imp fighters - because the majority always knows best :wink:
  • The real difference is this
    Ace Imperial fighter vs Ace Rebel fighter= Pretty close to even with slight advantage to Rebels (not that noticeable)
    Novice Imperial starfighter vs Novice Rebel starfighter= Huge advantage to Rebels since the shield is a huge crutch and using speedboost effectively isnt as cut and dry as shield is

Since I'd say 3 out of 10 on each team are Aces (typically) you have 7 imperials that are just free kills for every Rebel

• Sb2432
    2605 posts Member
    The real difference is this
    Ace Imperial fighter vs Ace Rebel fighter= Pretty close to even with slight advantage to Rebels (not that noticeable)
    Novice Imperial starfighter vs Novice Rebel starfighter= Huge advantage to Rebels since the shield is a huge crutch and using speedboost effectively isnt as cut and dry as shield is

Since I'd say 3 out of 10 on each team are Aces (typically) you have 7 imperials that are just free kills for every Rebel

That actually makes a lot of sense. High scorers always score high regardless of the sude.
  • Because they don't want their W/L ratio to be messed with.
  • Its cause most people cant fly TIE Fighters.

The TIE's are actually very formidable, as shown in my High scores and videos, example
    outnumbered, no power ups, no Hero Tokens and I still managed to just destroy the competition no sweat

the%20blowout_zpshqpfsdgm.jpg

I have no idea what folks are doing to have the problems that are discussed.

and they cant use the ol "Everybody you shoot down is noobs" cause Ive been playing this game since Early Jan and its the same outcome everytime.

brogirl, just because weird sperglords figured out how to do well with a thing doesn't mean it's balanced.

the fact that you BRAG about being good with an underpowered vehicle is just proving the point.
  • Its all been touched on, but basically your average player can't take their lumps on Imperial, they aren't able to compete with the advantage the shield grants their opponents so they'd rather bail than learn how to deal with it, which is a shame, TIE's are good, but you can't have the same flight style as the -Wings
  • Hmm.. I thought you still take damage despite the shield, only not so much a when deactivated. Besides the shield actually lets me find my kills easier - the blue dot really stands out amongst the plethora of Xwing bots
  • You take zero damage from blasters when the shield is active.
  • , TIE's are good, but you can't have the same flight style as the -Wings

CHURCH
    anti hero pick up.
  • You take zero damage from blasters when the shield is active.

U sure?
  • @Sock_Fulla_Sand you know who had to learn this lesson the absolute hard way about TIE's and X-wings ?

Ace X-wing Pilot
    Poe Dameron.
    anti hero pick up.
  • It's not balanced. For the life of me, I can't fathom how during design they decided to give one side shields, and the other a speed boost. Balance is everything in games, and the mode simply isn't.
    --i7-5960X OC @ 4.4 Ghz--G.SKILL DDR4 16GB--SLI EVGA ACX 2.0 FTW GTX970--
  • Tobikun wrote: »
    I can do pretty decent in it yes. I did sample FS again the other day. You can win as imperials, but you need your team to not bail, but to be very competent as well.

I can still seriously kick butt in FS, but it's not much fun for me with the bugs and imbalancing/mass quitting going on at the moment. I did nothing but FS for the first 2 months. Went from great fun to holy feces.

I'm surprised that you are still playing FS. :|

I'm not. Lol

@Straywalker
    Yes 100% sure.
  • Mitchel1
    258 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Mord-Vi wrote: »
    It's not balanced. For the life of me, I can't fathom how during design they decided to give one side shields, and the other a speed boost. Balance is everything in games, and the mode simply isn't.

I recall the Speed Boost being a lot faster in the Beta. Can't be sure though. But yeah it's stupid how they decided to give one side invulnerability and even more stupid how nothing has been done today :/
  • Straywalker
    1034 posts Member

@Straywalker
    Yes 100% sure.

@GRDNANGL172, we did a test yesterday, me and 4 of the gang in 3PO. We won every round, playing as either side. We were waiting for some more members to join in and had about 5-6 rounds. The score difference was about the same everytime with our team winning with 15-20 kills.

I also tested the Shield. I was able to shot down blue marked Xwings and Awings, sometimes with just blasters other times with missiles. Could it be that the Shields strength decrease over time or that they give you better protection but you still take slight damage? Can you ask @TheVestalViking about this?
  • GRDNANGL172
    5513 posts Member
    Missiles go through shields, blasters do not.

Sure if you get an expert team together you can get on a streak. On a regular basis without it imperials get wrecked too often. If they fix it I'll play it again.
  • Game inbalanced and too much jet ramming.
  • Straywalker
    1034 posts Member
    Missiles go through shields, blasters do not.

Sure if you get an expert team together you can get on a streak. On a regular basis without it imperials get wrecked too often. If they fix it I'll play it again.

ok, whatever
  • Halpen4
    380 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Hey, I can provide you with a different answer. This is actually the only reason I quit. Sometimes I play lately to complete daily challenges, like kill 10 imperial vehicles. Once challenge is done I quit game. Waiting for the May bug fix patch to play game at length. So to get daily challenge done quickly I will quit until I start again as the rebel side. Nothing to do with balance to me. Wish there were more than just 2 vehicle choices too.
  • why do people leave after winning walker assault or any game mode for that matter?
  • Sock_Fulla_Sand
    428 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    @Sock_Fulla_Sand you know who had to learn this lesson the absolute hard way about TIE's and X-wings ?

Ace X-wing Pilot
    Poe Dameron.

That First Order special forces TIE has deflector shields though ;)

^Spidey,
    If you look closely at the names, its the same people quitting all the time, you'll never actually see them fly Imperial.

On SP, there was a group of three pilots in -Wings battering the hell out of us, I'd go up, get shot at and locked on from spawn, but I kept going up there, pull vertical loops, boost it up into the stratosphere, knock out one or whittle them down down a bit, all match, just about broke even.
    When it was their turn to play Empire, I was in the air virtually unopposed, didn't see them up there at all. Like I say, some just can't take their lumps and have no desire to go through the rough patch, the TIE's are much less forgiving.