criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

In extraction mode for the Bespin DLC...

... Are we going to be extracting Han Solo's frozen-in-carbonite body with the imperials as the extracting side?

If not... Why not? Doesn't that seem like a good/logical idea?

Replies

• DoubleC76
    321 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    No extraction mode in Bespin, but good idea.
  • DoubleC76 wrote: »

Why not? A lot of People Love extraction.
  • Docb
    58 posts Member
    It is somewhere in the forum, cant remember where, one of the designers had said they considered this, but Han in carbonite didn't give enough cover for players turning on and off the extraction.

I guess it was too flat to give head and body cover.

• xSha3nx
    340 posts Member
    Docb wrote: »
    It is somewhere in the forum, cant remember where, one of the designers had said they considered this, but Han in carbonite didn't give enough cover for players turning on and off the extraction.

Yup. Soo disappointed!
  • PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member
    riswe12345 wrote: »
    DoubleC76 wrote: »

Why not? A lot of People Love extraction.

Which is why we're not getting it! lol
  • PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member
    Docb wrote: »

That only says it will be the same cargo as the outer rim. It doesn't imply the mode wont be playable.
  • but there will be people who, have Bespin, but not Outer Rim so they shouldn't be able to play extraction causes they don't have Outer Rim
  • VadersDad75
    585 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Yeah, the devs nixed that idea. It would have made people too excited. Instead they're working on a mode called "dine n dash" where we each take turns serving Vader different food courses at that gorgeous banquet table that it took DICE five months to render.
  • PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    McAwesome wrote: »
    but there will be people who, have Bespin, but not Outer Rim so they shouldn't be able to play extraction causes they don't have Outer Rim

Did it say outer rim limited? I figured they meant you wont have access to the mode from just the base game.
    I read a responce from dennis saying they wouldn't use a frozen han solo due to a lack of cover. If it wasn't going to be on bespin, i doubt he would have gone to the trouble of saying why han wouldn't work out.
  • That's kind of a weak excuse IMO since they could just make the hover sled/cart under Han bigger. They could literally make that as big as they want to provide the necessary cover they feel is right. Actually, his size shouldn't even be an issue. They could just use the same exact cart, and SAY Han Solo's body is in it.
  • PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member
    That's kind of a weak excuse IMO since they could just make the hover sled/cart under Han bigger. They could literally make that as big as they want to provide the necessary cover they feel is right. Actually, his size shouldn't even be an issue. They could just use the same exact cart, and SAY Han Solo's body is in it.

Also it would be the same for both teams, so its not like it gave 1 team an advantage over the other. Weak excuse indeed.
  • We are getting a different mode instead. I think each DLC is getting a dedicated mode created specifically for the DLC. Now I'm not saying that wouldn't want to play extraction on every map, cause I do, but it's not in the plans right now.
  • DoubleC76 wrote: »
    Now I'm not saying that wouldn't want to play extraction on every map, cause I do, but it's not in the plans right now.

It doesn't seem many things the fans want are in their plans.
  • Plus, how could you have Han Solo in carbonate in a mode that allows heroes. Han would possibly be trying to stop the empire extracting himself.

They could still change the cargo to a stack of carbonite sleds so it gives the height that the outer rim cargo gives. Put an Easter egg in the top carbonite sled too for the fans to try and guess who it is.
  • Plus, how could you have Han Solo in carbonate in a mode that allows heroes. Han would possibly be trying to stop the empire extracting himself.

They could still change the cargo to a stack of carbonite sleds so it gives the height that the outer rim cargo gives. Put an Easter egg in the top carbonite sled too for the fans to try and guess who it is.

How is greedo running around if the rancor is dead? Its a game!
  • ^ good point.
  • DOWNWARDZ
    1067 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I like the carbon extraction idea.

However, would more prefer an extraction version of FS, which includes a flotilla (one "not" battling-it-out in the "red-zone").
  • PopoTateo wrote: »

This isn't the cry-cry post for clone war fan boys.
  • VadersDad75
    585 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    We are getting a different mode instead. I think each DLC is getting a dedicated mode created specifically for the DLC. Now I'm not saying that wouldn't want to play extraction on every map, cause I do, but it's not in the plans right now.

The moving of Han in carbonite to Boba on Slave 1 is one of the most iconic scenes in Star Wars. You'd think even these devs would have had a little enthusiasm to make that happen. They created a mode that's tailor made to create that scene in an interactive and exciting way, and then they chose not to do it. For seemingly no reason at all. There's literally nothing these guys can get right.
  • It would be very disappointing if they didn't continue to introduce Extraction levels with future DLC. Extraction is a great mode and it seems that it is pretty popular among those with access to the Outer Rim expansion.

With regards to moving Han in the Cargo... this is Star Wars. The rights holders are always absurdly sensitive over this IP. You have the rights to do a but not b under conditions c, d, e and f. It may not even be in the hands of DICE or EA whether they are even allowed to offer this or not. Not providing enough cover is a pretty lame excuse. I think anyone could creatively get around that "problem".
  • If they did do an extraction mode, why not extract Tibanna gas?
    "There is emotion, yet peace, Ignorance yet knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force"
  • PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member
    PopoTateo wrote: »

This isn't the cry-cry post for clone war fan boys.

I dont like the clone wars era. Fancy another try?
  • Im still lost why dengar was chosen. He's cool and all but with the new canon, he's barely in it
    "There is emotion, yet peace, Ignorance yet knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force"

Nope. You're totally wrong there bud. Sorry. In extraction, you do not get to choose the hero you're going to be. Therefore, Han would be locked out, and would not appear as a hero defending himself.

It really doesn't make sense to not do this. It's a game mode that's already done. The rules are already defined, so they wouldn't need to go through as much trouble as making an entirely new game mode.
  • If they did do an extraction mode, why not extract Tibanna gas?

Because extracting Han Solo's frozen-in-carbonite body is far more interesting. I don't think any Star Wars fan would disagree.
  • I'm still not buying the "not enough cover" excuse.