criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Your Favorite Multiplayer Gaming Experience To Date?

Trooper8059
10199 posts Member
edited April 2016
For me, it was Starhawk. After Battlefront 2, I needed some type of game to hold me over during the days of the PS3. I heard about this game, and it had me hooked. It was innovative, the development team was passionate about their product, and overall, they actually delivered an excellent experience. Of course, Sony failed to advertise the game, and ultimately it flopped. Sony dropped the company entirely. It still saddens me that such a devoted group that put their heart and soul into their product were shunned for doing so.

What's yours?

PSN: Trooper8059
"Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
ezgif_5_a643336582.gif

Replies

• Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Holy dam!! That game looks gooooood!
    Didn't even know about it...

For me it's a tie.
    Can I answer with a tie?
    HueHue

For online by myself, it would be the Moded version of Battlefront 2 on PC. Played this after Xbox Live died.

For online with friends, Halo Reach on Xbox 360.
    My clan of high school friends played this countless of hours with a lot of hate mail to show for it.

I really can't decide which was best.
  • Off the top of my head the two games I had the best time playing multiplayer online was Modern Warfare 2. The maps, gameplay and balancing was near perfect and it really was the last great CoD to many.

But more recently it was Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. Teamwork was imperative sometimes and the entire customizable gun system was awesome. Hit detection felt flawless most of the time and it became incredible competitive to play at times. Skill played such an important roll in the game and it wasn't something just anyone could pick up after never playing a shooter before (unlike current games these days). It was pretty realistic as well, depending on where you hit someone with their bullets really dictated the damage including just one stray bullet to the head causing death. Sometimes the inaccuracy and bullet spread of the weapons would cause headshots which made for a pretty interesting gun fight no matter the weapon you use.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • MoistGamer
    894 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Socom and Socom 2: US Navy Seals(2003). That was the year i Graduated HS. Had plenty of downtime, was #1 out of 300k players for a week. The OG third person shooter.

Close and I mean VERY close second is Tribes and Tribes 2 (2001). Capture the flag run and gun jetpack shooter with base building elements as well.

For non shooter multiplayers....

Starcraft (1998) for life. Been playing that for 17 years

• Call of Duty 4.

Hoping that the remastered version has multiplayer.
  • Unreal Tournament 2003