criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Darth Maul Community Quests

Matchmaking with a party question

I was wondering....
If I am in a party with 3 other friends, and I search for a game mode, will the matchmaking try to find a match that my whole party can join (4players). Or will it simply try find an available spot for just me?

Replies

• It will search for a game with the number of openings on one side equal to your party members 99.9 % of the time. if your party members wait to long to join they may be put on other side. There is a short pause put on joining your party's side to give the party time to join. But it is short.

This is just from experience. Over 200 hours of party play in a community. We've dropped so many games and re join to get community members into the game.
  • Thanks.
    Yea I suspected it was the case.
    Whenever my friends and I are in a party, we will quit out of the party to find a match. because it's only searching for 1 free spot we tend to find games easier that way.
    Once somebody finds a match then we all re join the party.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    You give yourself the best chance if you all are in the same party ready on Battlefront before you search. Its also better if everyone in the group is partnered up with each other.

Once someone finds a game, everyone in the party will get an invite to join. You will be put in the same team if everyone is ready on the home screen before searching. If you join late, you will most likely be joining the enemy.
  • ^^^ I just seems like in my case, we have better success at finding games when we search as individual players.
    When we search as a party it seems to take a lot longer to find a game.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    ^^^ I just seems like in my case, we have better success at finding games when we search as individual players.
    When we search as a party it seems to take a lot longer to find a game.

Yes definitely easier to find games alone. Because when your together, it's searching for a game that will have enough room for all of you.
    Searching as individuals and joining will lead to more players in th queue or being placed on the enemy team.
    On ps4 btw. Maybe something different for Xbox PC?