criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Are the DLC heroes for DLC customers only?

If so, I guess anyone who isnˋt buying Outer Rim is missing out on some easy increase of the K/D ratio. That Nien Numb is for sure getting a nerf soon. I just went 76-4 in WA with the help from my "litte friend" - he gave me 69 of those kills, plus the MVP title from hitting that poor AT-AT with Orbital strikes and some serious Pulse Canoning...
Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community

Replies

• Was that you on Sullust that laid down the turret at the 2nd checkpoint in the bunker? Got blasted a couple of times by that and when it showed the "killcam", Nein Nunb was a red dot all the way at the back of the map. Maybe his turret should stop working if he's 100m away from it or something. Or not... Cheap easy kills are nice too. Anyway, never seen someone rack up the kills being such a pansy. I finally had to ion grenade the thing. We won. I doubt that was you or your style, but just thought that hiding so far from your turret that you are a dot is such a wuss move for anyone called " Hero."
  • Actually strategically smart and not a pansy as you put it. Nein Nunb has lower health than the bigger box office heroes and clever placement of his turret and using his ranged attacks is a great tactic for him. :-)
  • grrlpurple wrote: »
    Actually strategically smart and not a pansy as you put it. Nein Nunb has lower health than the bigger box office heroes and clever placement of his turret and using his ranged attacks is a great tactic for him. :-)

Great tactic? You just put your turret down and camp behind the wall/mountain while spamming with pulse cannon.
  • Failing to see the point of this thread other than to brag about racking up kills and showing off stats.

Yawn.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • DoubleC76 wrote: »
    Was that you on Sullust that laid down the turret at the 2nd checkpoint in the bunker? Got blasted a couple of times by that and when it showed the "killcam", Nein Nunb was a red dot all the way at the back of the map. Maybe his turret should stop working if he's 100m away from it or something. Or not... Cheap easy kills are nice too. Anyway, never seen someone rack up the kills being such a pansy. I finally had to ion grenade the thing. We won. I doubt that was you or your style, but just thought that hiding so far from your turret that you are a dot is such a wuss move for anyone called " Hero."

Nah, I did mine on Endor Original :smiley:
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Failing to see the point of this thread other than to brag about racking up kills and showing off stats.

Yawn.

I`m promoting the OR DLC and giving a good reason to those who think there is no point in getting it - Extraction is still the best reason of course :)
  • Nerf? Why would they nerf Nien Nunb?
  • Mcap
    873 posts Member
    DoubleC76 wrote: »
    Was that you on Sullust that laid down the turret at the 2nd checkpoint in the bunker? Got blasted a couple of times by that and when it showed the "killcam", Nein Nunb was a red dot all the way at the back of the map. Maybe his turret should stop working if he's 100m away from it or something. Or not... Cheap easy kills are nice too. Anyway, never seen someone rack up the kills being such a pansy. I finally had to ion grenade the thing. We won. I doubt that was you or your style, but just thought that hiding so far from your turret that you are a dot is such a wuss move for anyone called " Hero."

You mad bruh? :D
  • His turret should be burst fire
    GT: Burns l 7
    Game Mode: Heroes Vs Villains
    Clan: Death Watch

• Anyone can use the new heroes in offline mode but online you need the or dlc
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Greedo and Nubbles will get nerfed.
    They are OP for now, so they can show off new toys that people will want to buy.
    All DLC heroes will be OP at first, then nerfed.
    HueHueHueHue
  • Webn8tr_ wrote: »
    Greedo and Nubbles will get nerfed.
    They are OP for now, so they can show off new toys that people will want to buy.
    All DLC heroes will be OP at first, then nerfed.
    HueHueHueHue

Yep. They gave you shiny gold piles of bantha poodoo. Then, after you stop complaining that the hero choices suck because they're "fun to play!" (because they're comically overpowered), they rub the gold off, and you're left with...
  • Anyone can use the new heroes in offline mode but online you need the or dlc

Ok, thanx! I only have friends with season pass so nowun of them knew either..
    Actually strategically smart and not a pansy as you put it. Nein Nunb has lower health than the bigger box office heroes and clever placement of his turret and using his ranged attacks is a great tactic for him. :-)

Great tactic? You just put your turret down and camp behind the wall/mountain while spamming with pulse cannon.

Yes, great tactic for him. It's called playing to the strengths of the hero. He'd be useless up front in a head on fight just as Vader would be useless camping the back of the map. Each hero has strengths and weaknesses and you play to those, that is both smart and tactical.
    grrlpurple wrote: »

Yes, great tactic for him. It's called playing to the strengths of the hero. He'd be useless up front in a head on fight just as Vader would be useless camping the back of the map. Each hero has strengths and weaknesses and you play to those, that is both smart and tactical.

It's true. All of it.
  • People tend to call the best strategies "cheap" or "cowardly" because they need an excuse for being beaten by it consistently.
    Things like camping choke points and hiding way in the back of the map behind cover and only comming out for a quick snipe are effective strategies, it may not be the most "fun" way to play the game, but there is a reason these strategies are used in REAL LIFE combat, its the safest and most efficient way to do it
  • Yup, it's all about knowing the characters & playing to it's strengths & avoiding the weaknesses. No fun in having a range character engage the enemies in melee. Nien is great in strategic placements & laying down traps at critical passageways.

If you are a team mate, you probably screamed "Lay the health, you are suppose to be a support hero!" Or "You suck/noob/newb! Do you know how to play?" Well if they play to their strengths or strategic tactical style, you should not assume they are in the wrong. Let's not jump to conclusions. A hero should be great achievers (i.e. heal, DPS, tank/block/deflect) not died in the frontline because you are a hero.

In summary, observe their play style or strategic & offer advise to improve it. Then again...there is no in-game chat or means to communicate other than some simple emotes. Hmm...a pity.