criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Here's an idea EA!

How about taking Battlefront 2, just add fancy graphics and sound to it, add a little more primary weapons and put it on the market. People would line up in droves! You thing anyone cares!!???

Not only would you save time and money, but the profit value would be staggering! It doesn't take long in taking an old game and just have a few designers upgrade the thing.

Video Gaming and what the consumers want are VERY simple!

Heck, you could just take a 1995 DooM leave it exactly the way it is just give it better graphics and people would buy it!

I gurantee you in 2016 if you make another Grand Theft Auto with the 3D era storyline, keep the graphics and the cities the same but just add more content, a lot of people would be buying it. It wouldn't cost anything because all you're doing is taking old models and building from it, instead of starting from scratch and wasting time, money and man power.

Replies

• You have no idea how hard it is to make their maps look so good. Battlefront 2 looked bad even for 2005 standards.
  • ChadDSolo
    1457 posts Member
    You have no idea how hard it is to make their maps look so good. Battlefront 2 looked bad even for 2005 standards.

All opinion except for the 'hard to make their maps look good' part. Apparently you don't know or ignore the sheer number of SW gamers who still play and swear by Pandemic's BF games.

I'd buy a remastered BF/BF2 in a heartbeat. I still play mine on 360 all the time.

Not to get into some sort of a comparison or tinkle contest, but Pandemic's games made the Battlefront name.
  • Somewhere I read that the ps4 was gona port bf2...
    Just like the other star wars games they have done
  • Sb2432
    2605 posts Member
    shane737 wrote: »
    How about taking Battlefront 2, just add fancy graphics and sound to it, add a little more primary weapons and put it on the market. People would line up in droves! You thing anyone cares!!???

Not only would you save time and money, but the profit value would be staggering! It doesn't take long in taking an old game and just have a few designers upgrade the thing.

Video Gaming and what the consumers want are VERY simple!

Heck, you could just take a 1995 DooM leave it exactly the way it is just give it better graphics and people would buy it!

I gurantee you in 2016 if you make another Grand Theft Auto with the 3D era storyline, keep the graphics and the cities the same but just add more content, a lot of people would be buying it. It wouldn't cost anything because all you're doing is taking old models and building from it, instead of starting from scratch and wasting time, money and man power.

Do you know how making a game works? To make things look as beautiful as they do in this game?
  • A remastered and modernized Battlefront 2 would have been Game-of-the-Year for 2015, 2016, and 2017.

But we don't live in that world :(
  • Sorry...before I get called out

What I read about bf2 was more of a "wishlist" game for Sony to bring back...

If they did bounty hunter..pod racing and the others...I would image bf2 would get some love
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    dada_shift wrote: »
    Sorry...before I get called out

What I read about bf2 was more of a "wishlist" game for Sony to bring back...

If they did bounty hunter..pod racing and the others...I would image bf2 would get some love

Your such a Tease!
  • I think they know, that they delivered a "really bad" game to the community, but they can't admit it, because they would lose their jobs ;) At the moment they are trying to rescue the game and fulfill the contract with the season pass customers.
    EA is using another engine than SWBF 2. Therfore they had to remodel, texture, design etc. everything. As we can see from the release content and the bug overhelming updates the team is not able to handle bigger projects. Probably they have to less developers and thought everyone would love it because nice graphics, Star Wars and Battlefront on the cover.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• dada_shift wrote: »
    Somewhere I read that the ps4 was gona port bf2...
    Just like the other star wars games they have done

If so, then ALL HAIL SONY!!!

Also, what happened to Pandemic? Were they bought out?
  • Doppler817
    241 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    ...fulfill the contract with the season pass customers.

The only contracts I see are the annoying ones I've already completed popping up at the end of a round, not the ones in progress. Lol