criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Lost my faith in the gamming industry

jerj
12 posts Member
I took a break from this game, all the glitches the lag and the cheaters. I come back after a month plus only to find it has not changed. Why would it have? I mean they made all the money upfront and it really dose not matter if the game is a hit or not because so many people preorder and buy on the hope this one will be better. What incentive does a gamming company have to make a better product? or a better gaming engine? They don't really compete with one another, they release titles like movies get released from Hollywood. sure you can argue that games look way better than 20 years ago, but 20 years ago games functioned as promised and you didn't have rampant cheating running wild and unchecked. Have you ever read reviews from websites selling things like lag switches and other devices and software? They market it like its no big deal and its normal, and the people buying this stuff... again they leave reviews behind talking about it like its not cheating. PS4 wont deal with cheating claiming its the game makers job to stop cheating, game makers wont do anything about it because that's another revenue stream to tap.

Gaming now days... just so blaa

Replies

• Sb2432
    2605 posts Member
    jerj wrote: »
    I took a break from this game, all the glitches the lag and the cheaters. I come back after a month plus only to find it has not changed. Why would it have? I mean they made all the money upfront and it really dose not matter if the game is a hit or not because so many people preorder and buy on the hope this one will be better. What incentive does a gamming company have to make a better product? or a better gaming engine? They don't really compete with one another, they release titles like movies get released from Hollywood. sure you can argue that games look way better than 20 years ago, but 20 years ago games functioned as promised and you didn't have rampant cheating running wild and unchecked. Have you ever read reviews from websites selling things like lag switches and other devices and software? They market it like its no big deal and its normal, and the people buying this stuff... again they leave reviews behind talking about it like its not cheating. PS4 wont deal with cheating claiming its the game makers job to stop cheating, game makers wont do anything about it because that's another revenue stream to tap.

No cheating on ps4, but yea there's gonna be lag and glitches?it's an online multiplayergame, and don't even say that games old games didn't have glitches they were and still are riddled with them.
  • Kraigbot
    696 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I took a break from this game, all the glitches the lag and the cheaters. I come back after a month plus only to find it has not changed. Why would it have? I mean they made all the money upfront and it really dose not matter if the game is a hit or not because so many people preorder and buy on the hope this one will be better. What incentive does a gaming company have to make a better product? or a better gaming engine? They don't really compete with one another, they release titles like movies get released from Hollywood. sure you can argue that games look way better than 20 years ago, but 20 years ago games functioned as promised and you didn't have rampant cheating running wild and unchecked. Have you ever read reviews from websites selling things like lag switches and other devices and software? They market it like its no big deal and its normal, and the people buying this stuff... again they leave reviews behind talking about it like its not cheating. PS4 wont deal with cheating claiming its the game makers job to stop cheating, game makers wont do anything about it because that's another revenue stream to tap.

Yeah 20 years ago I couldn't play against people all over the country/world with graphics like these with 40 people in a match. Glitches are bound to happen. They said it took 11 people to make Super Mario Bros. 3, now they need hundreds upon hundreds of people to create a game, they are that complex. It's not a testament to "oh jeez, those 11 people really knew how to make a game" it just shows how much goes into developing a game in 2016. Yeah, the bugs suck, and I can guarantee I have it worse off then you with my game crashing bug, but the devs stated it will come with the patch in May so I'm being patient.

And no, I haven't read any reviews for lag switches because I don't looking for them and all the sites I visit don't advertise for them. The technology to cheat has evolved (and the ability to combat it to a great extent).

Just tell those kids to get off your lawn that will make you feel better.

• Mord-Vi
    907 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Oh look, another nostalgia thread about how games used to not be broken, and worked as promised. Except, that never happened. Games used to be released broken, and we'd wait even longer for patches.

your rose tinted glasses are smudged OP.
    --i7-5960X OC @ 4.4 Ghz--G.SKILL DDR4 16GB--SLI EVGA ACX 2.0 FTW GTX970--
  • Mord-Vi wrote: »
    Oh look, another nostalgia thread about how games used to not be broken, and worked as promised. Except, that never happened. Games used to be released broken, and we'd wait even longer for patches.

Or never. I've walked this earth for a long time, can honestly say no game ever was bug proof.
  • What is the gamming industry? What dose it do?
  • hah so emo
  • Quizolio
    3221 posts Member
    sure you can argue that games look way better than 20 years ago, but 20 years ago games functioned as promised and you didn't have rampant cheating running wild and unchecked.

Where did you even get this?
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • Chubbyhubbyboy
    190 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    He has a point in here: There are huge amount of bugs that need to be fixed. At least the obvious score issue, that does not show any credits. Ofc. they said via twitter that they are going to fix it, but lets be honest: Even if its true that its more complex than it looks like (and man, it does not look like the need to code the game completely new, which will take weeks and weeks, which we already have to wait for the fix) I don't see any effort taken in realizing their promises.
    But furthermore I don't see any complains and demands coming from the community to be seriously taken. Fighter Squadron still is boring (and yes, I know, in the Bespin DLC it will change somehow) and it needs 2 DLCs (in other words 6 months!) to probably make it a bit better. There is no creative content incoming. Just new maps, heroes and redundant gamemodes.
    All in all I support OP - and I don't get why the community tries at all cost to advocate this buggy status and won't stand up for their needs and rights.
    »For the rebellion!«
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    He has a point in here: There are huge amount of bugs that need to be fixed. At least the obvious score issue, that does not show any credits. Ofc. they said via twitter that they are going to fix it, but lets be honest: Even if its true that its more complex than it looks like (and man, it does not look like the need to code the game completely new, which will take weeks and weeks, which we already have to wait for the fix) I don't see any effort taken in realizing their promises.
    But furthermore I don't see any complains and demands coming from the community to be seriously taken. Fighter Squadron still is boring (and yes, I know, in the Bespin DLC it will change somehow) and it needs 2 DLCs (in other words 6 months!) to probably make it a bit better. There is no creative content incoming. Just new maps, heroes and redundant gamemodes.
    All in all I support OP - and I don't get why the community tries at all cost to advocate this buggy status and won't stand up for their needs and rights.

Thank you.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • jerj
    12 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Amazing how many people will defend poor quality... but I guess if that's all you know why would you believe it could be better? Low information consumers really do hurt the market, you don't question why games get released the way they, you just accept it and its sad really. Others will complain but still support current practices and preorder new releases.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our Community Guidelines]
    Post edited by EA_Afista on
  • I don't think there are loads of cheaters, not if you are playing on PS4
  • Strogg1980
    2574 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Wait wait wait...did you just say there was no cheating bugs or glitches back in the day ? BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHGAHGAHHAHH...oh my god thats adorable
  • Admiral_Xen
    2757 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    [SNIP]
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• Kraigbot
    696 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    [SNIP]

Yeah...this whole rant doesn't help your cause either. There's positives and negatives with modern gaming and I'm sure you can make some arguments that the industry was better off in _______. However I'm still having fun and between consoles, PCs, mobile, AAA games, indies, download titles, sports games, shooters, puzzle games, whatever, there's enough good stuff out there.
  • MoistGamer
    894 posts Member
    Heh heh... them new York boys...

Just a show about nuthin'
  • weisguy119
    461 posts Member
    Honestly, I think the gamming industry is on its last legs...
  • Mord-Vi
    907 posts Member
    It's all just a gamm.
    --i7-5960X OC @ 4.4 Ghz--G.SKILL DDR4 16GB--SLI EVGA ACX 2.0 FTW GTX970--
  • Straywalker
    1034 posts Member
    How can you declare this product to be of poor quality when there still are so many seasoned gamers playing the game? Which other game are you using as a reference?

Every game ever released has got its own flaws, glitches, bugs, cheaters and hacks... all of them! Just go into the official forum for any of your favourite games and you see the same rants going on in there.

Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community
  • handcuff
    923 posts Member
    edited May 2016

I have been playing since day one....
    zero lag issues
    glitches do not impact gameplay in even the remotest significant way, 99% of them dont impact it AT ALL
    No one is "cheating"....so far there is a very infrequent glitch where someone can be invincible, but it is not repeatable and therefore NOT exploitable....in hundreds of hours of gameplay I have seen it ONCE while I was playing

Gamers now days.....just so waaahhh
  • Straywalker
    1034 posts Member
    handcuff wrote: »

I have been playing since day one....
    zero lag issues
    glitches do not impact gameplay in even the remotest significant way
    No one is "cheating"....so far there is a very infrequent glitch where someone can be invincible, but it is not repeatable and therefore NOT exploitable....in hundreds of hours of gameplay I have seen it ONCE while I was playing

Gamers now days.....just so waaahhh

WORD!
    Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community
  • handcuff
    923 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    weisguy119 wrote: »

Global+video+game+market+growth+2014-2018.jpg
    http://www.omdc.on.ca/collaboration/research_and_industry_information/industry_profiles/IDM_Industry_Profile.htm

• Go back to Atari then or Commodore lol. No offence lol. :)
  • j_novs
    711 posts Member
    Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start.
  • JeroenXP1
    78 posts Member
    Mord-Vi wrote: »

Yeah cause back then it was common that catridge games where released with game breaking bugs... oh wait it was actually rare. I prefer the new generation of games as well but you must be blind not to see that most companies can get away with game breaking bugs. Try that back in the NES and playstation 1 days dont think you would come far as a company.
  • j_novs
    711 posts Member
    JeroenXP1 wrote: »

Yeah cause back then it was common that catridge games where released with game breaking bugs... oh wait it was actually rare. I prefer the new generation of games as well but you must be blind not to see that most companies can get away with game breaking bugs. Try that back in the NES and playstation 1 days dont think you would come far as a company.

wrong...there were plenty of bugs & glitches back in the day, players just didn't have a "voice" or any platform to be heard.

• Doppler817
    241 posts Member
    Sb2432 wrote: »

No cheating on ps4, but yea there's gonna be lag and glitches?it's an online multiplayergame, and don't even say that games old games didn't have glitches they were and still are riddled with them.

Yeah...hacking/cheating for Battlefront on PS4...because that is totally a thing. -_- Also, @Sb2432 is right. Look at ET and Sonic 06! Lots of bugs! Also, ET was even less finished than people complain this one is. Look at the bug reporting section as well. It's less bugs these days, just people spamming the same report over and over. It almost seems like those copy and paste comments on Youtube.
  • j_novs wrote: »

wrong...there were plenty of bugs & glitches back in the day, players just didn't have a "voice" or any platform to be heard.

Thems a lota bugs that never got patched
  • j_novs wrote: »

Thems a lota bugs that never got patched

All games have bugs/glitches HOWEVER most games in all the previous generations had less problems compared to today's games and you would figure that with our latest technology we would be able to make this less common at least but apparently not.
  • handcuff wrote: »
    weisguy119 wrote: »

Global+video+game+market+growth+2014-2018.jpg
    http://www.omdc.on.ca/collaboration/research_and_industry_information/industry_profiles/IDM_Industry_Profile.htm

Wow, did that ever go right over your head...
  • strwrsglx
    5 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    [SNIP]