criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The graphics are outstanding,yes.. but the attention to details are truly amazing

All the locations in this game are so authentic and true to the OT. I was having myself a quick OT Marathon yesterday and it suddenly hit me "I`ve actually been here.. behind that corner are some stairs the leads into... " and so on... Amazing feeling! The Dice crew has really been paying attention.

Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community

Replies

• PopoTateo
    4834 posts Member
    Shame the same effort wasn't put into the game play.
  • Renzo_Ulaban
    478 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    ^ indeed.

don't forget the casual rubbish like vehicle tokens etc....

if it was a proper sw games we'd be hopping in vehicles and coming out of the hanger on hoth

jumping in at-st's on endor, trampling trees with the at-at

flying out the hanger on sorosuub

and so on...

whoever decided tokens for vehicles should get a massive slap, probably shouldn't even had a say on what goes in a game either, who let that fool get a job?
  • DoubleC76
    321 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Wow, one response is all it took to make this thread go negative. Great job! Getting faster! No need to invite Buzz Killington over to play this game, he has his own copy.

Let me guess what may come next...
  • DoubleC76 wrote: »
    Wow, one response is all it took to make this thread go negative. Great job guys!

that's just how this community works, don't think I've ever seen a positive thread without people trying to be negative

but yes! especially with the Echo Base map. It's amazing how close the locations are to looking like they are in the films
    "The force is strong with this one."
  • Best looking game out there IMO.
  • With over 400 hours of gameplay, mostly in walker assault, I am still finding those beautiful little details captivating. Even finding new ones I hadn't noticed yet!
  • Anoh
    8378 posts Member
    DoubleC76 wrote: »
    Best looking game out there IMO.

Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • well i love the game, it's all i have been playing since it was released last year, plus it can only get better in time.

let's have a little optimism here....!!
  • th3l3dg369 wrote: »
    well i love the game, it's all i have been playing since it was released last year, plus it can only get better in time.

let's have a little optimism here....!!

:)
  • ^ indeed.

if it was a proper sw games we'd be hopping in vehicles and coming out of the hanger on hoth

and so on...

whoever decided tokens for vehicles should get a massive slap, probably shouldn't even had a say on what goes in a game either, who let that fool get a job?

Totally agree. You spoke for me aswell!
    »For the rebellion!«
  • Renzo_Ulaban
    478 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    ^ indeed.

and so on...

Because graphics do not make a game good, yes they look stunning and are the most authentic star wars visuals in a video game so far, BUT.

Where is the epic? sorry but walking over a glowing vehicle token does not immerse me in the star wars universe, and I can't be the only one who feels this way.

And, yes I will continue to play the game in the hope DICE can redeem themselves. It's just silly the battlefront 2 game from some 10 years ago did spawns in bases / hangers but a next gen game from 2016 can't.

Makes no sense.
  • Straywalker
    1034 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    ^ indeed.

and so on...

Because graphics do not make a game good, yes they look stunning and are the most authentic star wars visuals in a video game so far, BUT.

Where is the epic? sorry but walking over a glowing vehicle token does not immerse me in the star wars universe, and I can't be the only one who feels this way.

And, yes I will continue to play the game in the hope DICE can redeem themselves. It's just silly the battlefront 2 game from some 10 years ago did spawns in bases / hangers but a next gen game from 2016 can't.

Makes no sense.

Probably makes some sense, like on Hoth, the TIE fighters don`t have an on-planet launch site, they must fly down all the way from the Star Destroyers. If you spawn on the Star Destroyer and all the TIEs are taken you won`t be doing any impact on the outcome before one of the TIE pilots crash. After a 30 seconds waiting time the TIE respawn on the deck again. Worst case, he/she respawns closer to the newly respawned TIE and you`ll be sitting there waiting again..

Or if an AT-ST just sits in front of the hangars opening, lobbing in grenades and rockets so you never get out with your Xwing/Awing/T-47?

Ok, so it`s not a perfect system, nostalgic wise, due to some practical challenges when trying to follow the OT (no, don`t start with how the Rancor and Jabba are dead while Boba Fett and Greedo is alive :wink: ), but it works.

Besides, what I wrote at the top, the Visuals are the Epics in this game - no where else in this world can you walk around in a Star Wars universe and actually feel like "I`ve been here before"? I didn`t get that in Battlefront I or II
  • Renzo_Ulaban
    478 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    You have spawn timers though, so you'd just wait a moment for a tie to re-spawn.
    or they could've done a 2142 and put in drop pods (but in star wars these would be escape pods)

so you either wait for a vehicle to spawn or hop in a pod.

sad that no one on the team thought of that...

tokens suck.

at least with actual spawns you are not running to get a token all the time.
  • oh... BF2142.. best MP FPS ever..... and it even had walkers in it!
  • All the locations in this game are so authentic and true to the OT. I was having myself a quick OT Marathon yesterday and it suddenly hit me "I`ve actually been here.. behind that corner are some stairs the leads into... " and so on... Amazing feeling! The Dice crew has really been paying attention.

I just watched them yesterday too and seeing that they put in exact textures of walls and places is crazy awesome
  • Renzo_Ulaban
    478 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    oh... BF2142.. best MP FPS ever..... and it even had walkers in it!

Huge shame there isn't a star destroyer titan mode, i mean they seem so interested in just doing land / sky battles, how could they not put in a titan mode?
    Post edited by Renzo_Ulaban on
  • oh... BF2142.. best MP FPS ever..... and it even had walkers in it!

Huge shame there isn't a star destroyer titan mode, i mean they seem so interested in just doing land / battles, how could they not put in a titan mode?

Ooooooooooh! THAT would be something to look forward too!
  • i meant land / sky battles.

we could have uplinks to capture on the ground which fire an ion cannon at a destoyer every few minutes

just have a hanger for spawns of imp team, engine room & bridge room to destroy

if it's a rebel team defending, replace isd with a large rebel cruiser

so you could have a attack / defend mode (team vs 1 ship) plus a versus mode with a ship on both sides, but still have uplinks to control that fire off an ion cannon
  • And if you read the Battlefront Twilight Company, then you know the Rebs have modified rescue pods ( a lot bigger than the one R2D2 and C3PO used) made as "boarding" pods containing a small squad for soldiers. These boarding pods are shoot directly from rebel cruisers towards the soon-2-B-boarded ship...