criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Extraction on Bespin

"Four new maps for all of our most popular modes."

Is this going to include Extraction, and has anyone seen anyone hint at that possibility? The new mode is hands down the best part of the first DLC drop (apart from Nunb's laugh, I'd have paid full price just for that.)

I know switching out the shipment on Bespin for Han's carbonite slab might be a hope too far, but I'm seriously looking forward to a more extensive Extraction rotation, for me it's given the game's enjoyment level a much needed kick up the backside.

Replies

• Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    We won't be getting it on Bespin I think, saw something on Twitter saying that Carbonite Han wasn't thick enough to cover players Starting/Stopping the transport
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Anoh wrote: »
    We won't be getting it on Bespin I think, saw something on Twitter saying that Carbonite Han wasn't thick enough to cover players Starting/Stopping the transport

That's actually a pretty solid argument against, as cool as it'd be. Even so, I'll be a little disappointed if Extraction turns into a one hit wonder, it's probably my favourite mode so far.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Anoh wrote: »

That's actually a pretty solid argument against, as cool as it'd be. Even so, I'll be a little disappointed if Extraction turns into a one hit wonder, it's probably my favourite mode so far.

Great Idea though transporting Carbonite Han to the extraction
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member

Great Idea though transporting Carbonite Han to the extraction

How does saying the cargo wont be turned into a frozen han, equal no extraction? It just simply means the cargo will look the same as it does now.
    The only possible argument against it, is it was an outer rim exclusive mode. So someone who didn't buy outer rim but buys bespin, will have access to a mode they didnt pay for.
    Doesn't mater much anyway. Once bespin release the vast majority will be playing that and the outer rim will become a ghost town.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I don't think so :(

"We’re taking players in and around Cloud City, with four new maps for all of our most popular modes. You’ll see AT-ATs in Cloud City, take to the skies in Fighter Squadron, and even spend time in a carbonite chamber. Of course, we’re also adding more blasters and Star Cards, a new game mode, and two new iconic characters we’re really excited about..."

We get 4 new maps, and one new game mode for Bespin.
    As mentioned FS and WA is definitely one of each. And the new game mode.
    Also, it says the most popular game modes. The two most popular game modes are WA and HvV according to sledgehammer (can't find the comment).
    So I think the 4 maps will be;

New game mode (hunt or be hunted)
    Walker Assault
    Fighter Squadron
    And Heroes vs Villains (Carbonite chamber?)

Also this
    leftweet wrote: »
    That would be cool, but here's what Dennis said about carbonite and Extraction:

So even in a reverse Extraction, it probably wouldn't happen, unfortunately. Also, I'm going to guess the new mode will be somewhat different from Extraction, rather than rehashing something already in the game. Also, I think I saw Sledgehammer say somewhere that Extractiuon will stay exclusive to the Outer Rim.

And this
    Extraction is a mode that will remain exclusive to our Outer Rim maps. We currently do not have plans to expand this game mode beyond the Outer Rim.

Post edited by Webn8tr_ on
  • No.

They should be concentrating on the bigger modes for this dlc. It is battlefront after all
  • Yeah, this has been talked to death. Looks like it's not happening.
  • Boooo! missed opportunity!
    Ah well, maybe later in a "between DLC update" fingers crossed.