criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

I have a fetish. I love trampling heroes with vehicles.

I've trampled heroes with AT STs, speeder bikes, tie fighters, and I even have trampled Palpatine with an airspeeder at least once so far.

It's awesome when you instakill a hero this way.

It's not my fault. I developed this fetish one night on Endor when, as Palpatine, I was run over by a speeder bike right after spawning. It was the shortest stint as a hero I have ever had. After staring at the screen in shock for about 10 seconds trying to make out what had happened, I thought it was hilarious!

From that point on, I knew it was my mission to make hero roadkill art all over the battlefields of SWBF.

What's your SWBF fetish?

Replies

• dada_shift
    1730 posts Member
    I can't talk about that here
  • Tattered29
    1025 posts Member
    Ive trampled at least 50 under my at-st's feet and so far smoked boba and vader with an airspeeder!!
  • It's so fun. Whenever I trample a hero with a speeder bike, I imagine the shock on the face of that player, and a wicked grin stretches across my evil face.

I need professional help... But I don't want it.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    Yep, especially running with the AT-ST through Leia's bubbles with her in or trample Luke when he tries to fight you and dies after under a second with full hp ;) But I won't call it a fetish^^
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Ryanoceros
    569 posts Member
    I think removing the heroes from the game would be the most fun of all. That way we can actually have a blaster fight and fun.
  • Yep, especially running with the AT-ST through Leia's bubbles with her in or trample Luke when he tries to fight you and dies after under a second with full hp ;) But I won't call it a fetish^^

Yeah when Luke comes at me in an AT ST, a noob alert light goes off in my head, and I sart drooling uncontrollably like a fat kid in front of his birthday cake. In the movies Luke took out an AT AT by himself. In SWBF he is no match for even an AT ST.

• Ryanoceros wrote: »
    I think removing the heroes from the game would be the most fun of all. That way we can actually have a blaster fight and fun.

You can play turning point and blast! My fetish must go on!

• Tattered29
    1025 posts Member
    Ryanoceros wrote: »

Heros are one of the coolest things in the game theres plenty of modes without them i love playing as them and killing them especially by trample (i smile everytime i hear skywalkers been spotted in your area on hoth the blood under my at-st's foot barely dries before i squash another one)
  • It's all those times you don't get an AT-ST pickup that make the heroes less than desirable to play against. I'm tired of having to avoid the red dot on the scanner screen. And even if I try to avoid it, it always crosses an entire board just to kill me. I hate the heroes; Ruin the game every time.
  • The fetish has gotten you too my friend. All you can do is give in and embrace it.
    It's all those times you don't get an AT-ST pickup that make the heroes less than desirable to play against. I'm tired of having to avoid the red dot on the scanner screen. And even if I try to avoid it, it always crosses an entire board just to kill me. I hate the heroes; Ruin the game every time.

Dr. No_Pants sees your problem. Your problem is that you're scared of dying. You should try attacking the heroes instead of running away. Will you die? Probably. But it's the only way you'll get better at it.

I will attack a hero with my bare hands, an overheated blaster, and all my star cards in cooldown. Why? Because of the small chance to get a glorius melee kill on a hero (and stand above him doing the Tusken emote, or the "what was I supposed to do?" one)! Which, for some reason, is another SWBF fetish I have. Go figure.

If you always run away from heroes, you're depriving yourself of a chance at one of the biggest rushes this game has to offer. Who cares if you get killed by a hero anyways? It's understandable, and it will happen sometimes whether you're attacking them or not.
  • Sbroffage
    737 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    My fetish is jetpacking through enemy lines while they shoot at the AT-AT and pop the shield for no reason, this usually prompts 2-3 people (record was 5) to follow me and try to kill me (and they stop firing at the AT-AT) and when the shield wears out I usually drop the thermal imploder I was eagerly holding... o:)

It happens rarely because I don't have thermal imploders all the time, but when it does it's so satisfacting.

I seldom do that in the uplink activation time with proxy bombs too, because these need to be placed before (record for that was 3)
  • Mord-Vi
    907 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I fully agree that using an air vehicle to one shot a hero is legit, but the speeder's on Endor and hero physics are essentially bugged. As Luke, for example, you can damage a speeder to 50 with one swipe, but the interaction pushes luke forward, into the speeder, clipping and killing. Literally, a stormtrooper can be on the bike and idle, and kill luke by simply being near him.

IMO, the speeders should hit hero's for a solid 25 damage. (there should also be a speed check, so for example, a speeder making a slow turn on a rock shouldn't one shot. Only if going a specific speed, 15 mph, perhaps.)

Air vehicles, one shot.
    --i7-5960X OC @ 4.4 Ghz--G.SKILL DDR4 16GB--SLI EVGA ACX 2.0 FTW GTX970--
  • M2Rad
    136 posts Member
    I have a fetish too but it involves a Twi'lek woman, a Togruta woman , and that Zabrak bounty hunter woman. Mmmm....good times!
  • M2Rad
    136 posts Member
    It's all those times you don't get an AT-ST pickup that make the heroes less than desirable to play against. I'm tired of having to avoid the red dot on the scanner screen. And even if I try to avoid it, it always crosses an entire board just to kill me. I hate the heroes; Ruin the game every time.

Dr. No_Pants sees your problem. Your problem is that you're scared of dying. You should try attacking the heroes instead of running away. Will you die? Probably. But it's the only way you'll get better at it.

I will attack a hero with my bare hands, an overheated blaster, and all my star cards in cooldown. Why? Because of the small chance to get a glorius melee kill on a hero (and stand above him doing the Tusken emote, or the "what was I supposed to do?" one)! Which, for some reason, is another SWBF fetish I have. Go figure.

If you always run away from heroes, you're depriving yourself of a chance at one of the biggest rushes this game has to offer. Who cares if you get killed by a hero anyways? It's understandable, and it will happen sometimes whether you're attacking them or not.

Totally agree. And haha love your SWBF fetish.
  • Ryanoceros
    569 posts Member
    edited May 2016

What makes you think I don't attack the heroes? I do, like everyone else. Doesn't help much, now does it? Avoiding the red dot is not the same as 'running away'. It's called common sense.
    The point is they are unbalanced to the point that they ruin the game, repeatedly, and far too many times in a match. In the old battlefront we had the option to turn them off. Never did anyone ever suggest we turn them on. Everyone just wanted a fair blaster fight.
  • Tattered29
    1025 posts Member

What makes you think I don't attack the heroes? I do, like everyone else. Doesn't help much, now does it? Avoiding the red dot is not the same as 'running away'. It's called common sense.
    The point is they are unbalanced to the point that they ruin the game, repeatedly, and far too many times in a match. In the old battlefront we had the option to turn them off. Never did anyone ever suggest we turn them on. Everyone just wanted a fair blaster fight.

You sound like a HUGE BABY dude, get over it
  • Tattered29 wrote: »

LOL Coming from a millennial that's a complement. I'm older than your father.
    Now do the world a favor and ****. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.
  • GRDNANGL172
    5513 posts Member
    Tattered29 wrote: »

LOL Coming from a millennial that's a complement. I'm older than your father.
    Now do the world a favor and ****. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

IP3CeTm.gif
    Word...
  • Sbroffage wrote: »
    I seldom do that in the uplink activation time with proxy bombs too, because these need to be placed before (record for that was 3)

My fetish is placing the proximity bomb on the face of the uplink. Ahhh... just another flashing light no one will notice.

• IP3CeTm.gif
    Word...

LOL Great gif. :)
  • i can relate to the flashing light prox mine placement. i do same thing in rebel base, in the flames on the graveyard map, and i know places in jawa refuge where when you place them they go inside a rock...
    invalid brain token
  • zoodc
    1958 posts Member
    I like putting proximity bombs on the turrets in Hoth so that when people climb in they instantly explode. Maybe I should go outside for once...

Wow dude. I'll ummmm... Answer the two questions you asked in this post in a more serious manner since your tone suggests you have very little, if any, sense of humor.

Question 1: "What makes you think I don't attack the heroes?"

Answer: In your original post you said, "I'm tired of having to avoid the red dot on the scanner screen. And even if I try to avoid it, it always crosses the entire board to kill me. I hate the heroes..."

If you have a working knowledge of the fundamentals of the English language, you will see that this statement fully suggests that you run when the "red dot" appears. Example: "And even if I try to avoid it, it always crosses an entire board to just to kill me." How did "it" cross the entire board to kill you if you didn't run away? Surely you can't be expecting people here on the OFFICIAL SWBF forums to envision you attacking a hero, and effectively bobbing and weaving across an entire battlefield valiently fighting off said hero only to be slain at the edge of the map?

Also, the underlying tone of the written text suggests an irrational fear of the hero characters. Fear is universally associated with the flight option (aka "running") in the "fight or flight" response.

Question 2: "Doesn't help much, now does it?"

Answer: Ummmm yes. It actually does help. How much depends on how much damage you do. Every bit of damage against a hero equals a hero that's easier for your team to kill than the one before said damage. If your entire team is attacking an opposing hero with reckless, murderous intent, that hero will fall much faster than if your entire team is "avoiding the red dot".

• Speaking of red dots on the mini map, another fetish of mine is hunting down those thieving rebels on my speeder bike on Endor. I like to stand in the middle of the creak to lure them in... but this Scout Trooper packs ion grenades. Bwahahaha!
  • I've trampled heroes with AT STs, speeder bikes, tie fighters, and I even have trampled Palpatine with an airspeeder at least once so far.

It's awesome when you instakill a hero this way.

It's not my fault. I developed this fetish one night on Endor when, as Palpatine, I was run over by a speeder bike right after spawning. It was the shortest stint as a hero I have ever had. After staring at the screen in shock for about 10 seconds trying to make out what had happened, I thought it was hilarious!

From that point on, I knew it was my mission to make hero roadkill art all over the battlefields of SWBF.

That the spirit. Crush them all :smiley:

• F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited May 2016
    Heroicidalvehicularphilia
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• Paul131
    982 posts Member
    It's not fetish's fault, it's your fault for developing it. Anyways, my fetish is basically getting Hero and killing every pulse cannoner out there XD
    When I see somebody posting another useless theard
    tumblr_mqtcovhc8q1srwn65o9_250.gif

• you have a sexual attraction to killing iconic characters by hitting them with vehicles
  • you have a sexual attraction to killing iconic characters by hitting them with vehicles

Yes. Some people refer to it as a "murder ****".

• Anoh
    8380 posts Member

Well this is Star Wars i'm afraid, Call Of Duty seems more suited for you.
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    What's your SWBF fetish?

leia-star-wars-esclava.jpg

d32c348f96b7bdf35834ac2175778826.jpg

Let me live my True Star Wars Fantasies pls.
  • Webn8tr_ wrote: »
    What's your SWBF fetish?

lol, i opened this at school next to a professor....
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Webn8tr_ wrote: »
    What's your SWBF fetish?

HueHueHue xD
    Perfect timing
    Sorry
  • Webn8tr_ wrote: »
    What's your SWBF fetish?

Your professor now has a fetish. Note: Just an excuse to put smokin hot Leia, and the Twileks on everyone's screen again. :)
  • M2Rad
    136 posts Member
    Webn8tr_ wrote: »
    What's your SWBF fetish?

Now that's what I m talking about. Just my typical Friday through Saturday night right there with the presence of Sugi, that cute little zabrak bounty hounter, yeah you know the one, though she is always here. She is special.
  • M2Rad
    136 posts Member
    I m sure someone on the forum will say "no pics, didn't happen" but I just cant figure out how to post pictures. Sorry fellows