criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Question for the mods...

If you catch someone exploiting the invincibility glitch, and send them a message politely telling them to stop, but they refuse, and keep taking advantage of it, can that player be banned?

It seems to me that if they refuse to stop, it's exploiting a glitch, and should be an offense punishable by ban.

FYI Out of about 5 supremacy games today, I have encountered it twice. The first guy stopped. The second guy refused to stop, and kept on cheating, which affected the outcome of the game.

Quite frankly, everyone is sick of it.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Replies

• SigFreudsCigar
    757 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Its being fixed in tomorrows patch so they're not gonna reply to you, they already took care of it.
  • Even if it is truly fixed by tomorrow, I would still like to know if something like this is punishable by ban. If history is an accurate indication, there could be other glitches that arise, and look how long it took to rectify this situation.

The fact is that it's happened way too often in the time since the glitch appeared, and honest players NEED a way to combat the situation of all these cheaters who feel like their right to cheat is more important than the rights of the 20 players on the other team to a fun, and fair game... At least while the DICE team is working on a fix.
  • Really bugs me when I'm the hero and I'm running from them...
    Can't wait for tomorrow
    tumblr_mvemcyarmn1rslphyo1_400.gif
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    What you should do, if it seems there are people purposely exploiting this glitch or anything similar is go through the same channels you would if you were to report an outright aimbot cheater.
    May the force be with you.
  • I'm not exaggerating when I say I have encountered invincible players in at least 25 different games. That's how common it's been for me. Do you understand how frustrating it is when you're having an awesome game, and halfway or more through the game Mr Invincible selfish guy comes along and changes the whole outcome of the game? All you can do is quit when that happens, and I don't see anyone to give me those several minutes of my life back.
  • Jaywal94 wrote: »
    What you should do, if it seems there are people purposely exploiting this glitch or anything similar is go through the same channels you would if you were to report an outright aimbot cheater.

Thank you for your response. I was wondering if it was worth my time to report something like this. I will use the method outlined on this site to report incidents like this from this point on.