criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

DOOM

Quizolio
3221 posts Member
edited May 2016
The next installment of the series that helped start the FPS craze is coming on May 13th. Anyone else looking forward to blasting demons once more?

I myself am pretty excited. Been playing the original games the past few days to brush up on my Rip and Tear skills.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=KSZ4tSoumNk
"A thing called grammar needs a buff."
- tankertoad

Replies

• dada_shift
    1730 posts Member
    I pre ordered the day they were taking orders.
    Got the collectors addition..the bust is gona be awesome sitting with the rest of my collectables

Looking forward to the campaign for sure
    I played the closed beta multiplayer. .and the free weekend multiplayer
    I gatta tell ya...I wasn't impressed

It better be more stable and balanced ..and a huge graphics update [to me looked like a ps3 game ]

Hope it was just a stripped down beta
  • Quizolio
    3221 posts Member
    I actually missed the open beta, @dada_shift . From what I've seen, the multiplayer doesn't look special. However, Doom isn't known for multiplayer. Every clip that has showcased the singleplayer looks awesome. I'm not going to spend that much time online, but you can bet I'm going to play the singleplayer to death.

I'm also looking forward to the SnapMap feature.
    - tankertoad
  • Never really been into doom, and didnt love the beta. Not my style, but have fun regardless
  • dada_shift
    1730 posts Member
    Yeah ..the main game should be FIRE!
    Watch a vid on youtube ... gona be cool for sure
  • Never really been into doom, and didnt love the beta. Not my style, but have fun regardless

DOOM was always more of a SP game than MP which means the SP modes will play differently from MP.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    I'll definitely be looking into it as I loved Doom 3 and still do. Also great way to pass time until Bespin and sp content comes out. That and catching up on Fallout 4.
  • dada_shift wrote: »
    Got the collectors addition..the bust is gona be awesome sitting with the rest of my collectables

It better be more stable and balanced ..and a huge graphics update [to me looked like a ps3 game ]

I played the beta as well and had similar thoughts. I'm going to wait until I can see some full gameplay and feedback from a couple of players before buying.
  • Quizolio
    3221 posts Member
    dada_shift wrote: »

I played the beta as well and had similar thoughts. I'm going to wait until I can see some full gameplay and feedback from a couple of players before buying.

Honestly, the beta wasn't a decent look at Doom itself. Doom has primarily been a single player experience, and a darn good one. To my understanding, this title will be the first Doom game to feature a full-fledged multiplayer mode. I'm expecting it to have a lot of kinks to round out.

Like I've said, I would recommend looking into the single player aspect above the multiplayer. You also have the SnapMap feature as well, which as far as I'm concerned, extends the game's life indefinitely.
    - tankertoad