criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

EA Announces Untitled Star Wars Game Under Development by Respawn Entertainment

Kraigbot
696 posts Member
Respawn, if you recall, was founded by Jason West and Vince Zampella, who created and developed the Call of duty franchise up until 2010. They went on to make Titanfall for Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC.

Here's the post from EA:
http://www.ea.com/news/the-force-is-strong-with-respawn-entertainment?sf46135252

rendition1.img.jpg
By Patrick Söderlund, Executive Vice President of EA Studios.

At EA right now, we have multiple studios building a variety of great Star Wars games spanning different genres. We are all united by our teams’ passion for Star Wars™ stories, characters, and adventures.

Today, I’m thrilled to be able to announce that EA and the talented team at Respawn Entertainment have expanded our relationship to include the development of an all-new 3rd person action adventure game set in the Star Wars universe. They join our other great studios – Visceral Games, DICE, Capital Games, BioWare, Motive and more – who are currently working on Star Wars projects. If you’re interested in joining us on this adventure, you can visit our Careers page – we have openings at Visceral and Motive and will be sharing more on these experiences soon.

Over the past few years, I’ve had the opportunity to spend a lot of time with Vince Zampella and his group. Their obsession with making games that feel amazing has helped make Titanfall one of the most successful new game launches of this generation. And now, with a new team led by Stig Asmussen, we get to see what they can do when you combine that great attention to gameplay with the power of Star Wars.

There’s never been a better time to be a Star Wars fan. The passion we’re seeing for Star Wars from gamers – whether they’ve been along for the ride since Star Wars™: Episode IV: A New Hope™, or were introduced to the magic of Star Wars with Star Wars™: The Force Awakens™ – is fueling our development teams and our partners to create unique interactive extensions of this deep, meaningful universe. As a game maker, nothing is more exciting.

Thank you and May the Fourth be with you,

Patrick

Replies

• TW1103
    582 posts Member
    Kraigbot wrote: »
    Respawn, if you recall, was founded by Jason West and Vince Zampella, who created and developed the Call of duty franchise up until 2010. They went on to make Titanfall for Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC.

So this is being made by the guys that made the really good Call of Duty games? This could be sweeeeet
  • "action adventure genre" sounds like it could be a really fun game
  • grrlpurple
    1074 posts Member
    I always Imagined how great a star wars game could be in a similar genre to uncharted... Hmmm.
  • DaBeast
    1189 posts Member
    Im not saying this is it, but do you think we will ever get an open world SW game?
  • I dont know about open world...but I'd likw to see a KOTOR/KOTNR (new republic) that runs like uncharted. Or a bounty hunter remake or Han solo game
    "There is emotion, yet peace, Ignorance yet knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force"
  • "action adventure genre" sounds like it could be a really fun game

exaclty, really looking forward for more details
    Lady Sith<>Darth Talon

https://twitter.com/DarthTalon_

• DaBeast wrote: »
    Im not saying this is it, but do you think we will ever get an open world SW game?

its a possibility, and if its done right, could be amazing.
    Lady Sith<>Darth Talon

https://twitter.com/DarthTalon_

• Straywalker
    1034 posts Member
    Does it have a forced game mode playlist? if not, I`m buying it! :smiley:
    Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    I'm pumped. Titanfall was a great game and I like how Respawn handled it. Very much looking forward to seeing more about this and Titanfall 2.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • thedrum808
    1713 posts Member
    This could be amazing.
  • I loved Titanfall, looking forward to this!
  • Assassino37
    1104 posts Member
    Extremely excited for this. Modern Warfare 1 & 2 are among the best CoD's (obviously fan favorites for sure) and I loved Titanfall so this is awesome news. I have a lot of faith in their talent.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • Rapier
    32 posts Member
    I am hoping for a multiple campaign/mission game like as said above "Uncharted". I am a PC player. A campaign/mission game with 1st person shooter hero and rebel/trooper based would "balance" the universe with Battlefront 3.
  • Rapier
    32 posts Member
    Forgot Respawn has the experience to make it happen