criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Horrible experience with HvH

Wallofman
1151 posts Member
I took a break from work and decided to play some HvH. We were up 4-0, then all of a sudden we played 5 straight rounds where we only had 1 hero. Try winning a round as a hero against 3. I tried playing as Nein Nunb and Luke. However, when you get attacked by Vader, Fett, Palpatine, and his shock troopers blasting their smart rockets, it is only a short time before you get slaughtered. Ridiculous. Anyone else seeing this?

Replies

• AnarchyxSumoXx
    829 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Ummm
    No
    HueHueHueHue
  • Yeah, sometimes there are 2 heroes instead of 3. But I haven't seen only one. Maybe you were the only one from your team on this server?
  • Ezio
    974 posts Member
    Tried playing in OR this morning. There were four people on my team and I joined right as the second round started... I was the only hero. We lose, of course, when the third round comes in we still have four people, but it doesn't allow me to be a hero, so we only have 3 out of 4 heroes when there were 4 people on the team. Very frustrating.
  • tuna_sushi
    604 posts Member
    check this:
    i was heroes, all had full teams. we went 3-0
    then some opponent team dropped out between hero/villain selections
    next sequence i find myself on the villains team playing against my former side!
    villains win (you're welcome, if you were in that game) but it meant i was under more pressure than ever to come back from the victories i helped score
  • This happened to me yesterday, first match both with full teams, me as Luke against all 4 Villains. Of course, they all charged at once and my entire team ran away, ha ha. I was able to take out Boba Fett and Greedo as they got the brunt of the Force push / heavy strike combo then some follow-up hits but was taken out shortly after.
  • ive noticed this. im pretty sure there is a time limit on selecting your character. if you don't, you don't get to be a hero. helps to make the game go faster, which was a complaint of peoples to begin with
  • ive noticed this. im pretty sure there is a time limit on selecting your character. if you don't, you don't get to be a hero. helps to make the game go faster, which was a complaint of peoples to begin with
    Yep there is a time limit of 10 seconds so you are not constantly waiting if it 2 vs 2 or something similar. If you/ any one else, does not select a hero within 10 seconds then you are a solider and the team has 3, 2 or 1 heroes / hero and you could face a team that has more heroes than you.

• Jendoon
    698 posts Member
    The problem is that Dice in their wisdom didn't make the hero selection automatic after the 10 seconds are up. So if you load from round to round a bit slower than everyone else and take a few seconds to pick a character, or accidently try to pick 2 that are already taken there is a good chance you just missed your chance to play as a hero FOR THE REST OF THE MATCH.

This is the kind of silly error they should have caught in their testing before rolling out the patch. I assume the hamsters they have doing the testing fell asleep.
  • Leaden_Feather
    1063 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    it happens not only when someone doesn't pick a hero, bad enough and surely not intended. it happens also when people are joining, the time runs out while they are still loading to get in. apart of the option doesn't appear randomly for no obvious reasons. it can also happen that when you didn't choose once, you're not going to be the hero for the rest of the match.
    i didn't play one single match yet, in which it didn't happen a few times for one side or the other.
    how can someone assume such a game breaking system was installed on purpose btw, the whole team gets punished when people aren't choosing quick enough, makes no sense whatssoever.
    Wer die Wahrheit sagt braucht ein verdammt schnelles Pferd!
  • I'm ok with making the selection faster, but geez, if three guys already picked the hero, and there's only ONE hero left, then just assign it and start the match!
    No point on keep on waiting and potentially leave your team at a disadvantage because you got distracted for 10 seconds trying to keep one of my kids from climbing onto the kitchen table.
  • Wallofman
    1151 posts Member
    tuna_sushi wrote: »
    next sequence i find myself on the villains team playing against my former side!

This happen to me but on WA. It was Outpost Beta, I was an Imperial. We won the round, then I restarted as an Imperial on the team I just beat. Sucked because we had a good team that played the objective.