criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

New star wars game being made by respawn

PopoTateo
4866 posts Member
It has been announced that respawn are making a 3rd person star wars game. They did a great job of titanfall, so im expecting that to be really fun. Unless disney wrap it up in pink cotton wool. But if titanfall is anything to go by, it could make this game play like a phone game.

Replies

• iWattt
    62 posts Member
    It'll just be a re-skin of this game in my opinion. Dice/EA/Disney or whoever hired respawn probably did it because I'm sure they want everyone working on BF5
  • Osskscosco
    417 posts Member
    Titanfall sucks and looks like a**(CoD). I wouldnt hold my breath.
  • PopoTateo
    4866 posts Member
    iWattt wrote: »
    It'll just be a re-skin of this game in my opinion. Dice/EA/Disney or whoever hired respawn probably did it because I'm sure they want everyone working on BF5

Battlefield 5 is out in around 5-6 months. The game will be mostly done by now. EA probably wanted another developer because of the media backlash this hollow shell received.
  • shaundobson
    1899 posts Member
    3rd person action game apparently.

No idea what kind of game this good be, but if it's a shooter then I'm guessing it'll be hard to differentiate between this one
  • PopoTateo
    4866 posts Member
    Well i enjoyed the gameplay of titanfall, so im excited. Of course i was excited for battlefront too. Look how that turned out!
  • Blackwolfe
    132 posts Member
    It would be awesome if it turns out that 1313 isn't permanently canned after all. In a perfect world it wouldn't have been cancelled.. but it's not a perfect world..
  • Jayb0312
    25 posts Member
    Still hoping for a Jedi Academy style game. Take the best parts of Jedi and The Force Unleashed, but it'll never happen.
  • Keasy
    18 posts Member
    PopoTateo wrote: »
    They did a great job of titanfall, .

I almost vomited on my keyboard!

They did an initial great job and then broke it after the 4th patch as in completely broke it and abandoned it. And to to top it all off they 'listened' to the community too much and unbalanced it in an attempt at appeasing the community to balance it, which is kinda ironic.

It's similar tones to DICE, they always listen to the 'community' and end up making great games crap, like Battlefront.
  • PopoTateo wrote: »
    It has been announced that respawn are making a 3rd person star wars game. They did a great job of titanfall, so im expecting that to be really fun. Unless disney wrap it up in pink cotton wool. But if titanfall is anything to go by, it could make this game play like a phone game.

Wasn't titanfall another online only *****?
  • T. U. R. D.
  • Another Star Wars game that isn't Kotor, sigh.
  • Strogg1980
    2574 posts Member
    Oh titanfall, another game thats 95% multiplayer only? Ill pass, might as well wait for battlefront 2 if its no gonna be a star wars with a story or action adventure game. We have our shooter in battlefront, we dont need 2,3 more clones in the future
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Another Star Wars game that isn't Kotor, sigh.

+ 1 million HueHueHueHues
  • Mord-Vi
    907 posts Member
    Webn8tr_ wrote: »
    Another Star Wars game that isn't Kotor, sigh.

+ 1 million HueHueHueHues

lol Bioware.

lmfao...
    --i7-5960X OC @ 4.4 Ghz--G.SKILL DDR4 16GB--SLI EVGA ACX 2.0 FTW GTX970--
  • SAmulticore
    3323 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Well i enjoyed the gameplay of titanfall, so im excited. Of course i was excited for battlefront too. Look how that turned out!

Getting into a Titan was one of the most satisfying animations ever, I could smell the interior and feel the leather seat. Just felt comfortable :)
  • I heard the EA was working on other Star Wars games. This is not news. They did'nt give us any new info.

Meanwhile, Fantasy Flight games, makers of tatbletop Star Wars games said exactly what they had coming out.

Was EA afraid to tell us, show us more?
  • Blackwolfe wrote: »
    It would be awesome if it turns out that 1313 isn't permanently canned after all. In a perfect world it wouldn't have been cancelled.. but it's not a perfect world..

Amen.
    PSN: N3GAT1VE_CR33P (Note: blank requests get deleted)
  • Either way, DICE and EA should not be allowed to touch anything ever again that evolves Star Wars.
  • It's all too familiar in forums of games that 'disapointed'- a new same genre game that is announced ( with some pedigree behind the developer ) and without the merest sight of the final article it's going to better , more awesome blah blah...
  • noscratch222
    2099 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Either way, DICE and EA should not be allowed to touch anything ever again that evolves Star Wars.

THIS!!! Except its involves /hue hue
  • Strogg1980
    2574 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I just wish bioware had the star wars license and were owned by bethesda or someone like that
  • Zephkiel
    1790 posts Member

Getting into a Titan was one of the most satisfying animations ever, I could smell the interior and feel the leather seat. Just felt comfortable :)

Hopefully they'll replace that aspect with a floaty powerup token system.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Zephkiel wrote: »

Hopefully they'll replace that aspect with a floaty powerup token system.

HUEHUEHUEHUE
    BURN!!!
    Good one xD