criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Input on sensitivity

Wallofman
1122 posts Member
What is everyone's opinion on the sensitivity level? I play at 20%. I have seen people say they play as high as 80%. Pros vs cons?

Replies

• I play at 67-69% to try to compensate for slower reflexes and in order to try and whip around when getting shot from behind or on my flank.

Sometimes it works, sometimes not.
  • Tattered29
    1025 posts Member
    You definitely wanna get yourself used to higher than 20% you cant even really adjust your gun while jump packing fast enough to stay on target at 20%, just go up 5% at a time till your at least atound 35-40
  • ND513
    550 posts Member
    I play at 27 and its perfect for me. I would say go up 1% at a time until you feel like your at that sweet spot. I've read a lot of pros play at both high and low sensitivities. So just do what feels the best for you.
  • 50% here. I touch on the subject of sensitivity in this video.

• LastOneToKnow
    600 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Wingman Sky, great video! Very nice job. Enjoyed checking it out.
  • Willy8257
    164 posts Member
    Tattered29 wrote: »
    You definitely wanna get yourself used to higher than 20% you cant even really adjust your gun while jump packing fast enough to stay on target at 20%, just go up 5% at a time till your at least atound 35-40

Sure you can. I play at 15% and i pulse cannon people while jetpacking all the time. The only downside i have is people jetpacking over my head is really disorienting, usually though i can eliminate that problem by jetpacking backwards to keep them in front of me.
  • stevenomes
    4640 posts Member
    just looked it shows 65%. is that why i cant aim worth ****?
  • DarkFlood
    582 posts Member
    I have mine set at 99% lol
  • Tattered29
    1025 posts Member
    Willy8257 wrote: »
    Tattered29 wrote: »

Sure you can. I play at 15% and i pulse cannon people while jetpacking all the time. The only downside i have is people jetpacking over my head is really disorienting, usually though i can eliminate that problem by jetpacking backwards to keep them in front of me.

Jump pack Pulse cannoning is usually a preplanned thing where you know where they are at (general area) im talking about when you jump pack and need to keep all your bullets hitting them or when they jump pack and you cant pull up and follow their trajectory fast enough to keep your bullets hitting them when they are in the air
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Everyone should buy something like this
    61MklyYocJL._SX425_.jpg
  • 5% sensitivity here, mouse set to 1.800 DPI <3
  • Jtravapd
    15 posts Member
    I guess it all depends on which platform you are using. On Xbox one I am using 55%. I would guess on a PC with a mouse that would be way to high a setting.
  • xfaktr
    163 posts Member
    8% on X1. It helps with my craptastic reflexes and tendency to over correct. It does mean I have to outthink people because I can't twitch kill someone if they are standing still.
  • tk421jag
    277 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    SUPERDAVOR wrote: »
    5% sensitivity here, mouse set to 1.800 DPI <3

Same here! I play at 5% sensitivity and use these on my controller:
    81QX7y0DyIL._SL1500_.jpg
  • Wallofman
    1122 posts Member
    Yeah I guess I should have made it clear I play PS4. I am not an avid gamer, honestly I only bought the PS4 to play Battlefront, and to satisfy my Star Wars nerd obsession. So I do not have any experience in 1st person shooter games. I am getting better at aiming, but some rounds I am off. Maybe I will tick up my sensitivity to see how that goes. thanks everyone
  • tk421jag
    277 posts Member
    Wallofman wrote: »
    Yeah I guess I should have made it clear I play PS4. I am not an avid gamer, honestly I only bought the PS4 to play Battlefront, and to satisfy my Star Wars nerd obsession. So I do not have any experience in 1st person shooter games. I am getting better at aiming, but some rounds I am off. Maybe I will tick up my sensitivity to see how that goes. thanks everyone

Same. I don't play video games. A friend of mine got the game and wouldn't shut up about it. And then I played it and now that's all I do. It's obsessive. I'm terrible, as I posted yesterday, but I'm getting better. A lot of kind people gave me some great tips and I'm working hard to improve my game.
  • Still trying to figure it out. And I am in the same boat. I think I'm at 65% but won't know until I get home.
  • JackTHorn
    3549 posts Member
    I play ps4, and mine is around 7%. I've tried gradually increasing it, but if I get too far above 10% I find myself winging shots wildly on either side of the enemy -- or best cast scenario, shooting over their right shoulder, then left, then right, and then just as I focus in on a heads hot I die because they've been on target the whole time. I do get slow movement fairly often (especially while zooming) and it is annoying, but it's better than not hitting my targets.

I'm open to suggestions for improving, though.
  • Wallofman
    1122 posts Member
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    I play ps4, and mine is around 7%. I've tried gradually increasing it, but if I get too far above 10% I find myself winging shots wildly on either side of the enemy -- or best cast scenario, shooting over their right shoulder, then left, then right, and then just as I focus in on a heads hot I die because they've been on target the whole time. I do get slow movement fairly often (especially while zooming) and it is annoying, but it's better than not hitting my targets.

I'm open to suggestions for improving, though.

I guess it depends on your weapon. I have found that I only zoom in, or aim down sights, is with the T-21B (which I rarely use anymore). If I have any other weapon, I never zoom in. I find it easier to acquire my target, keep him in my sights, and move if I am being shot at.
  • luke3026
    337 posts Member
    On PS4, I started at the default 20%. Then brought it down to 15%, then back to 20%. Then I went up 1% every couple days. Now I'm at 31% and that feels about right. But it's a subjective thing. It takes time experimenting until you find a setting that feels right.