criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Battlefront II (PS2)

Ziphold
24 posts Member
edited May 2016
I will just put this trailer here. This was cca 12 yrs ago.

Replies

• Tyjames
    807 posts Member
    Yes, most of us know of it. It was a time where developers were more ambitious and game companies not as greedy.
  • Looking back, it's kinda tough remembering how much that game used to entertain me...
    PSN: N3GAT1VE_CR33P (Note: blank requests get deleted)
  • Sletchy
    126 posts Member
    I liked the snipe to that Gungan's face
  • parsec67
    299 posts Member
    Yes, everything was better before....

• that's sitdown cabinet was awesome! don't be hating on it
  • parsec67
    299 posts Member
    that's sitdown cabinet was awesome! don't be hating on it

Definitely not hating, I love old arcade games and spent a lot of coins (surreptitiously borrowed from mom) on them back in the days. Beats the ***** out of most PS2 games for sure.
  • MechaKnifehead
    1217 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Rose tinted glasses the thread?

Rose tinted glasses the thread.

I own both games and I have no urge to play Jurassic Battlefront II. Always found Space Battles boring as Hell. The heroes were all copy paste and the lame timer was lame.

Laughable powers like boomerang saber throwing and force jumping? The game didn't even mildly resemble the source material in the end.
  • Zenith
    13 posts Member

I own both games and I have no urge to play Jurassic Battlefront II. Always found Space Battles boring as Hell. The heroes were all copy paste and the lame timer was lame.

Laughable powers like boomerang saber throwing and force jumping? The game didn't even mildly resemble the source material in the end.

If this is a rose tinted glasses thread, then that must make you one of those people who needs to crap on the previous games, in order to think that the new one is any good.
  • shaundobson
    1899 posts Member
    Oh man what I would give for a remastered ps4 edition of Battlefront 2.

I just want to play a modern battlefront game man...
  • noscratch222
    2099 posts Member
    Oh man what I would give for a remastered ps4 edition of Battlefront 2.

I just want to play a modern battlefront game man...

It's on the way it's called star wars galaxy in termoil look it up
  • Loved that game. Kinda wish it'd come to ps4 like bounty hunter did
    "There is emotion, yet peace, Ignorance yet knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force"
  • Tyjames
    807 posts Member

Dude that game is a decade old. They have the resources to have had at least the same amount of content and keep the graphic fidelity that we currently have.
  • Ehh. The space battles got boring after awhile and there was some false advertisement in there.
  • Ehh. The space battles got boring after awhile and there was some false advertisement in there.

Not to mention that the ship classes were more poorly balanced than the A-Wing at launch. Vehicle maps were also always poorly designed with not enough space to engage in any real tactics (flanking etc), maps like Hoth that didn't create a feel or look anything like in the movie, and enough bugs to be a worse release than Battlefield 4 (once you factor in that the devs didn't even try to fix them and abandoned the game at launch).

Given how unhappy people are with DICE when they're still supporting their game after launch imagine how much of a flop BFII would've been in today's market with LA providing no post-launch support. It was a good enough game for it's time but it simply wouldn't have succeeded in today's market (at least not with LA at the helm).
  • HansSolo
    150 posts Member
    They had space battles back then :(
  • mastery0ta
    6491 posts Member
    Yeai yeai! This game still rocks.
  • Strogg1980
    2574 posts Member

Still better then this current swbf game sadly
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    This game has still a better gameplay than BF EA. Sad but true. Just keep in mind that BF 2 is 11 years old.
    If they had brought out SWBF 2 with the todays graphics and BF EA at the same time, almost no one
    had bought BF EA...
    By the way EA used the name in order to sell more copies. Consequently even EA knew that this game is one of the best Star Wars games.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Rose tinted glasses the thread?

I completely agree
  • Strogg1980
    2574 posts Member
    I just love how we get called nostalgics simply because we like a game that was released with all its content and with more.mind you, that can still be played today yet this game was released with half the content the other half locked behind 100 bucks and not nearly as many game modes and in 10 years with the servers down we wont be able to play 90% of it....

Yeah we are th stupid ones for liking a better game, and not being sheep like you guys and eating up anything new.

shame on us right?
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    I just love how we get called nostalgics simply because we like a game that was released with all its content and with more.mind you, that can still be played today yet this game was released with half the content the other half locked behind 100 bucks and not nearly as many game modes and in 10 years with the servers down we wont be able to play 90% of it....

Yeah we are th stupid ones for liking a better game, and not being sheep like you guys and eating up anything new.

shame on us right?

The amount of data required for one map and one mode now would equal that of the entire game. Ive played this game more in 7 months than bf2
  • Strogg1980
    2574 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Strogg1980 wrote: »

shame on us right?

The amount of data required for one map and one mode now would equal that of the entire game. Ive played this game more in 7 months than bf2

Good to know you like mediocre games. True it does take more data to make games....but then again the size of our storage systems has increased too. Xbox 1 isnt operating with the same free space the old xbox had mind you

shame on us right?

Good to know you like mediocre games. True it does take more data to make games....but then again the size of our storage systems has increased too. Xbox 1 isnt operating with the same free space the old xbox had mind you

Battlefront 2 was mediocre.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited May 2016

Maybe for you but for many others it was one of the best Star Wars games and almost everything that made this game great and more is missing in the current Battlefront. They made the game too mainstream. I am excited if Dice will do it again or if they will invest some money for a really good game ;)

For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Strogg1980
    2574 posts Member

shame on us right?

Which is why fn reception was higher than this game right? I mean it common practice for fans to give worse reviews for games they like and high marks for games they hate...thats how it goes i think?

shame on us right?

Which is why fn reception was higher than this game right? I mean it common practice for fans to give worse reviews for games they like and high marks for games they hate...thats how it goes i think?

What I think is that if this was the first battlefront or if it had a different name, people would love it.

• Battlefront 2 was mediocre.
    Maybe for you but for many others it was one of the best Star Wars games and almost everything that made this game great and more is missing in the current Battlefront. They made the game too mainstream. I am excited if Dice will do it again or if they will invest some money for a really good game ;)

Same could be said about this game. I love this game
  • Strogg1980
    2574 posts Member

shame on us right?

What I think is that if this was the first battlefront or if it had a different name, people would love it.

Well yeah butsthat because it would have nothing to live up to.it would be a fresh start with a great many possiblities.

I mean this is just a step back compared to the first 2. Not that this is not fun i enjoy it but it could have been so much more if say, they waited until this fall to release it with better modes and content. Epecially in the sp and co op departement. I can count how many friends, family and fellow gamers not just here but on other forums/sites traded in the copy due to being so underwhelmed by the final product

shame on us right?

Well yeah butsthat because it would have nothing to live up to.it would be a fresh start with a great many possiblities.

I mean this is just a step back compared to the first 2. Not that this is not fun i enjoy it but it could have been so much more if say, they waited until this fall to release it with better modes and content. Epecially in the sp and co op departement. I can count how many friends, family and fellow gamers not just here but on other forums/sites traded in the copy due to being so underwhelmed by the final product

I see what you mean. Ive personally spent so much time in this game that I think ive spent more time here than any other game. Im glad we have casuals because I can be the best for once. I was a mediocre battlefield player, but here? I can rule! I never played MP in battlefront 2 so maybe thats why I like this better

Not to mention that the ship classes were more poorly balanced than the A-Wing at launch. Vehicle maps were also always poorly designed with not enough space to engage in any real tactics (flanking etc), maps like Hoth that didn't create a feel or look anything like in the movie, and enough bugs to be a worse release than Battlefield 4 (once you factor in that the devs didn't even try to fix them and abandoned the game at launch).

Given how unhappy people are with DICE when they're still supporting their game after launch imagine how much of a flop BFII would've been in today's market with LA providing no post-launch support. It was a good enough game for it's time but it simply wouldn't have succeeded in today's market (at least not with LA at the helm).

-Hoth is not like in the movie in this title either.
    -Bugs? I haven't seen a single one in my life!
    -How would you even update on a PS2?
    -I will admit space got boring after a while.

I think I would like a remastered version for PS4, XB1, and PC. It would be cool. However, I already have the game on PS2. Also, if it is worshipped like a god, then it must have been good. And it still is. I have a friend who got it on Steam recently. He hadn't really played it before, and he thought it was better and more balanced. Droideka OP pls nerf? Nope, I can unload into that thing and kill it easily. Jedi Starfighter too OP pls nerf? No. You just can't deal with it properly. Tank too OP pls nerf? Well yeah, it's a tank.

So it was, and still is, a good game. Classes like BF4 would have been good for this game. BF4 is not bad now, BTW. It is fixed.
  • The best part of this game: GUNGAN GENOCIDE!!!
    1. Go to SP
    2. Go to Instant Action
    3. Select Theed Palace
    4. Choose Hunt
    5. Pick the side of the CIS and be ready to kill them all in GLORIOUS GENOCIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!