criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

I`m on a pause... but by playing other games I suddenly found out what I`m missing in Battlefront

Straywalker
1034 posts Member
I got so annoyed and irritated about the forced playlist in OR that I`m having my Battlefront gaming on hold, at least until someone tells me that the Stockholm office of DICE got their senses back. I might hit a match of Extraction now and then but as soon it changes game mode I`m out of here... so daily games are reduced from a couple of hours down to 10-20-30 minutes tops - per week! anyways..... I gotten round to play some other games now, DOTT, Drive Club, Wolfenstein, COD, and so on.. and recently I took up Battlefield 4 again.. and I`m stuck.. again... :smiley:

Battlefield 4 is an old game, its over 3 years, still I find matches and there are lots of people playing it. Suddenly it hit me why this is.. I wasn`t playing on official EA servers. I mostly been playing private ranked servers. Servers that people/Clans lease and holds dear. They are driven by their own administrators often friends/clan/community members, and therefor taken care of it with some degree of love. and that is how they get full.. Some private servers does "this map only" some "this DLC only" or even "this game mode only" - I always find a server configed with what I feel to play at the time.

Why don`t we get to lease and run our own Battlefront servers? I sure as heck would gladly pay for an Straywalkers Extraction Only - And I promise you it wouldn`t be empty much - if at all...

Nah, Ain´t talking about "Private server" function we find in the game - I`m after a 24/7/365 server with my name (or the clan tag) on it.

Anyone else thinking this?
Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community

Replies

• I see your point and agree, waiting for another DLC is not the answer !, when the core game WA, TP and Surpremacy are great games to play with the right people .
  • Straywalker
    1034 posts Member
    yeah, I don`really need another DLC, I just want Extraction out of the Kim Jung inspired playlist. Or, to rent my own servers where I decides what is good for other gamers :smiley:
  • j_novs
    711 posts Member
    the playlist is a bit more tolerable now...although I'd still prefer Extraction only.
  • Straywalker
    1034 posts Member
    You`re most welcome to my "Extraction only" server - if I can get my hands on one that is... :)
  • GRDNANGL172
    5513 posts Member
    I went on to other games as well until they sort out all these bugs.
  • Loved BF4 just hope they do a decent job of BF5.
  • Straywalker
    1034 posts Member
    Yes, I`m loving the ingame CommoRose of Battlefield 4... we should have had one of those in Battlefront. :)
  • DarthSven
    918 posts Member
    Game of extraction, anyone?! B)
  • PopoTateo
    4834 posts Member
    DarthSven wrote: »

Would love too, but i just cant handle the constant dh-17 explosive shot combo. Has ruined all small modes for me. Im just waiting for euro fishing to drop on xbox one! :)
  • Straywalker
    1034 posts Member
    DarthSven wrote: »

I`d love some.. but it`s Hockey World Championship right now... "Education is important, but Icehockey is importanterer"
  • tommytom64
    1061 posts Member
    I really wish they would add a server browser and let people rent out servers. Not only would it help create communities/clans and give existing ones a place to play, but it would greatly prolong the longevity of this game, bring in some money, and, of course, increase the PC population, most likely. Why they don't add either of these things is beyond me. Perhaps they don't want the game to have longevity? Or perhaps it would break the casual nature of this game? Maybe they don't want users to have the choice? Who knows.
  • On this subject what are typical rental costs ( for similar servers ) ? Is my guess of $50 / month low or high?
  • Anoh
    8378 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm on BF4 atm. Especially as they're giving out their first DLC free :love:
    Post edited by Anoh on
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • j_novs wrote: »
    the playlist is a bit more tolerable now...although I'd still prefer Extraction only.

I agree. 2 matches of Extraction then one match of ________ then back to Extraction is alright by me.

Regarding the DH-17 + ES issue. Yeah it's annoying. I've been seeing entire teams (probably clans) doin this coupled with smoke grenade spam. It's boring and not very fun. I got invited to play with a clan yesterday that did this and left after one match.

Once i find a fairly balanced match on good servers (selecting Outer Rim playlist instead of directly choosing Extraction), I never leave and have a lot of fun.
  • Straywalker
    1034 posts Member
    On this subject what are typical rental costs ( for similar servers ) ? Is my guess of $50 / month low or high?

Ingame prices for Battlefield 4 servers:
    1 day - $1,50*
    7 days - $7*
    30 days - $25*
    90 days - $60*

*Appr. Prices converted to US dollar from Norwegian kroner
  • On this subject what are typical rental costs ( for similar servers ) ? Is my guess of $50 / month low or high?

1 day - $1,50*
    7 days - $7*
    30 days - $25*
    90 days - $60*

Im sorry im confused - do you have to pay to play on the server
    HueHueHueHue
  • tommytom64
    1061 posts Member
    On this subject what are typical rental costs ( for similar servers ) ? Is my guess of $50 / month low or high?

1 day - $1,50*
    7 days - $7*
    30 days - $25*
    90 days - $60*

No, the admin has to pay to rent the server slot. It's free to play for the players, although admins can also make their servers "private" to only play with friends, community members, clan members, etc.
  • tommytom64 wrote: »

1 day - $1,50*
    7 days - $7*
    30 days - $25*
    90 days - $60*

No, the admin has to pay to rent the server slot. It's free to play for the players, although admins can also make their servers "private" to only play with friends, community members, clan members, etc.

ahh, thank you
    huehuehuehuehuehue
    HueHueHueHue
  • Straywalker
    1034 posts Member

No, it`s for renting a server. You decide what you run on it, the server rules and can also reserve slots for your clan members (by clan or player name) so you always can join the server. Otherwise it will be just like any other official EA server
  • PopoTateo
    4834 posts Member

1 day - $1,50*
    7 days - $7*
    30 days - $25*
    90 days - $60*

They are private servers, and you are the boss of them. You can kick people, choose maps, modes all that kind of stuff. Its good for players who like a specific map as there are servers which host conquest large on the same map 24/7.
  • Straywalker
    1034 posts Member
    PopoTateo wrote: »

They are private servers, and you are the boss of them. You can kick people, choose maps, modes all that kind of stuff. Its good for players who like a specific map as there are servers which host conquest large on the same map 24/7.

Yes, Private as in some private human do the administration of it, They are stil available for anyone to play on, just like EA official servers... Do we really need to explain this? the Server Rental has been a business since, oh, say even before the first CS game...
  • I would love to play on a "no explosive shot" server huehue
  • PopoTateo
    4834 posts Member
    I would love to play on a "no explosive shot" server huehue

Thats the first thing i would ban. It would be my dream to play a 20 vs 20 walker assault with blasters and pick ups only. A real game without scan pulse, explosive shot, pulse cannons...........etc etc.
  • Old_fella_1963
    4416 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I guess of course these rented ones would share the same hardware ( as potentially many other renters ) ,network pipes and all plus and minus as the 'public' server ( and you could never know )

...so the server farm has additional constraints investment requirements?
  • Straywalker
    1034 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Yes, in Battlefield, CS, CS:go and COD the rented servers are running on HW supplied by 3:rd party Host company. The Battlefield series have only 6 different hosting partners around the world - they also supply the EA servers (or so it was 4 years ago when I finally quit working in the gaming business). The demands for getting one of those hosting contracts are pretty tough, so only the Top hosts get these.