criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Battlefield 1 Trailer!!!!!

Holy cow. I see why they bashed cods trailer... https://youtube.com/watch?v=c7nRTF2SowQ

Replies

• Great song too. Love me some white stripes
  • October 21st, 2016
  • Awesomesauce!
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    I think it's COD4 vs Battlefield 1 this year :joy:
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Anoh wrote: »

but this time 1 beats 4.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Anoh wrote: »

but this time 1 beats 4.

Definitely

Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Looks amazing. Ill be playing that in between the Battlefront DLC's.
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    From the guys that made GTA a household name...
    From the team that utterly disappointed you with Star Wars Battlefront...
    Comes a trailer that can only be described as...

Actually, it really looks amazing. Too bad I'm not buying any more EA games.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    I already purchased the Deluxe edition. :p But I promise, if this game doesn't have a server browser, I'm going to get a refund.
  • CallMeDeee
    1663 posts Member
    Looks sweet, love the era.

I'll wait for the game to come out to see what is what. I'm not pre-ordering for anything after this mess.
  • Vindictum
    567 posts Member
    inb4 this is moved to off-topic

SW_Sig_zpsjlznlipn.png
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    Have you seen activisions reaction?
  • Tattered29
    1025 posts Member
    Holy freekin crap that looks so sick
  • I was critical about the WWI theme but it looks quite interesting. Need to see more but I'm definitely optimistic now.
  • zoodc
    1958 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Time like this make me wish I had an X Box 1.
    EDIT: Nevermind, a quick google search made me realize it is on PS4.
  • zoodc
    1958 posts Member
    Beaver wrote: »
    Lols and HueHueHues for you!
  • theSevered wrote: »
    I was critical about the WWI theme but it looks quite interesting. Need to see more but I'm definitely optimistic now.

I really like the change from all the futuristic battles and back to the classic battles, the way the battles are designed looks cool
  • zoodc
    1958 posts Member
    theSevered wrote: »
    I was critical about the WWI theme but it looks quite interesting. Need to see more but I'm definitely optimistic now.

I really like the change from all the futuristic battles and back to the classic battles, the way the battles are designed looks cool
    Yep. I was hoping COD would go back to it's roots, but maybe now I'll just play Battlefield 1 instead.
  • Linge1416
    1507 posts Member
    I think that WW1 is a different, but very good idea compared to other fps games. I respect EA for going back to the past.
    dq8iS1t.gif
  • Personally it makes me stoked ot think a WW2 BF will be coming in a few years.. Perhaps a WW2 MOH could come out remastered int he mean time.. Something about the spring click of an M1 garand...
    Peace Salam Shalom its all the same thing so ***** and play.
  • Prometheus___161
    34 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    When the devs mean that Battlefield 1 will be more bloody & immersive, I hope they mean as bloody or more bloody than the Killzone franchise. Blood, gore, caos and intense immersivness is what I think Battlefield has always lacked. Adding these elements will bring the game to a whole new level. I want to be able to look into the eyes of my enemy as he takes his last breath. Not some cheesy kill cam.

star_wars_001_by_artificialdesign-d7chtvd.jpg

• And Battlefront EA has yet to anounce how they are going to get out of the huge bomb they dropped making this game but hey EA has time for Battlefield 1 forget everything else
  • I'm happy Battlefield 1 appears to be getting a fantastic, no punches held release. RIP Khan and Battlefront.
  • Am I the only one unimpressed / didn't pre-order?

i used to be a long time fan of battlefield but it went downhill after 2142.

If i had made that trailer i would've at least put in a decent musical score and not the fart sounds they've been using for the last few game trailers.

• parsec67
    299 posts Member
    Am I the only one unimpressed / didn't pre-order?

No. Not interested in the era, would have preferred they went back to WW2. Red baron, meh...

Disagree with the other stuff, BFBC2 and BF3 were great games.

• Xerxes52
    599 posts Member
    I'll keep an eye on it, hopefully there's some good single player options along with the multiplayer. Honestly the last Battlefield game I loved was BF2. Never got around to BF2142 (heard it was great though), and Bad Company 1,2 and Battlefield 3 didn't really hook me. Ended up skipping BF4 and BFH after a friend showed the games off to me.
    To think that once I could not see beyond the veil of our reality, to see those who dwell behind.
  • Sock_Fulla_Sand
    428 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    It looks great, but it is not hard to make an epic game trailer. are those the ingame graphics or is it pre rendered? what are the mechanics? I shall wait until I see some actual gameplay.
  • GRDNANGL172
    5513 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    So basically the biplanes will fly just like our starfighters in battlefront. Bi-plane speed lol.
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • Its as if a million battlefront fans cried out in fear...
  • Renzo_Ulaban
    478 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    parsec67 wrote: »

No. Not interested in the era, would have preferred they went back to WW2. Red baron, meh...

bc2 mp was rubbish, the maps were tiny and bf3 was bad on the eyes with all the lens flares and nasty colour grading.

at least with battlefront they toned down massively on the post processing garbage.
    the art director for bf3 turned lush maps like wake island into a near colourless map, real hard to see enemies.
  • So is BF1 supposed to be the BF5?
  • So is BF1 supposed to be the BF5?

yes
  • Piscettios
    6075 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I was hoping for WW2 but this might do. I want to see some more first before I buy. I've heard there are many prototype weapons, if they overdo it, might sit this one out. But I'm glad they stayed away from the modern to future trash. That last DLC for BF4 scared me!

I find the cover pic very odd, not a thing about it says WW1 to me. Looks like a Blade game.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • theSevered
    446 posts Member
    parsec67 wrote: »

bc2 mp was rubbish, the maps were tiny and bf3 was bad on the eyes with all the lens flares and nasty colour grading.

at least with battlefront they toned down massively on the post processing garbage.
    the art director for bf3 turned lush maps like wake island into a near colourless map, real hard to see enemies.

You realize that they're games right?
  • gashbox
    168 posts Member
    preordered cant wait to strap bombs to my horse and ram tanks.
  • Flying bi planes.....ohhh I cant wait
  • K9K9K9
    327 posts Member
    The only reason this topic hasn't been moved to "off topic" is cuz it benefits EA.
  • zoodc
    1958 posts Member
    Which will happen first, will Battlefield 1's trailer get 1 million likes or will COD infinite warfare get 1 million dislikes?
  • GRDNANGL172
    5513 posts Member
    Flying bi planes.....ohhh I cant wait

But wait a minute... We already are! They just have cool sounds and blasters, but they fly identical lol
  • I don't understand the fuss over COD: Infinite Warfare. Imagine how mad gamers would realy be if there were no futuristic shooters this year & only old WW2 stuff. I bet the same people complaining about COD will be the same people running out & buying it. WW1 is new & all, but it would be boring if it was our only option in gaming this year.
    star_wars_001_by_artificialdesign-d7chtvd.jpg

• Piscettios wrote: »
    I was hoping for WW2 but this might do. I want to see some more first before I buy. I've heard there are many prototype weapons, if they overdo it, might sit this one out. But I'm glad they stayed away from the modern to future trash. That last DLC for BF4 scared me!

I find the cover pic very odd, not a thing about it says WW1 to me. Looks like a Blade game.

Well, the weapon... actually the pistol is a ***** pistol
  • K9K9K9 wrote: »
    The only reason this topic hasn't been moved to "off topic" is cuz it benefits EA.
    K9K9K9 wrote: »

Exactly why I didnt put it in the ¨Off Topic¨ section
  • And Battlefront EA has yet to anounce how they are going to get out of the huge bomb they dropped making this game but hey EA has time for Battlefield 1 forget everything else

It cracks
    And Battlefront EA has yet to anounce how they are going to get out of the huge bomb they dropped making this game but hey EA has time for Battlefield 1 forget everything else

I think it's ironic that EA's Battlefield 1 is sticking to the franchise's original game design. i.e. classes and such.

But when it comes to EA's tiddlywinks shooter that is BATTLEFRONT......EA tried to re-invent the wheel instead.

Re-boo, boo, boo, Re-boo, boo, boo! Re-boooot! :D
    luke.png
  • DOWNWARDZ
    1067 posts Member
    I think bringing scimitar wielding riders on horseback (Ottoman Empire one would assume) into Battlefield I, is very interesting concept. Really want to see how this gameplay is executed.

Love the Seven Nation Army...and most excellent song choice.

Here is the full remix version for those interested in listening...

• DOWNWARDZ wrote: »
    I think bringing scimitar wielding riders on horseback (Ottoman Empire one would assume) into Battlefield I, is very interesting concept. Really want to see how this gameplay is executed.

the white stripes. I dont think they could of picked a better song
  • DOWNWARDZ
    1067 posts Member
    DOWNWARDZ wrote: »

the white stripes. I dont think they could of picked a better song

Given all of the players in WW1...very fitting to the mood of the moment.

• DarkFlood
    582 posts Member
    I swear to god on all that is Hue it better be historically based with some extremely serious trench warfare objective based no mans land slaughter where you willingly (and joyfully) sacrifice yourself for the motherland with heartpoundingly amazing sounds of constant bombardment. Where chemical warfare is extremely deadly (obviously not dioxis like).

But I must be truthful. It probably won't be anywhere near it. They'll probably p*** on it and the entire era because that's not what the multiplayer generation wants. It will be all commander chief, 007, 50-4 K/D ****. This is definitely one installment they should withhold K/D from. Seriously get it right if you're going to do it at all. History guy here if that's not obvious. I've always wanted to see this but I know why they haven't. It's exactly the opposite of what the majority want sadly.
  • DarkFlood
    582 posts Member
    Beaver wrote: »

Hahahaha awesome. Love me some office.
  • DOWNWARDZ
    1067 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    DarkFlood wrote: »
    I swear to god on all that is Hue it better be historically based with some extremely serious trench warfare objective based no mans land slaughter where you willingly (and joyfully) sacrifice yourself for the motherland with heartpoundingly amazing sounds of constant bombardment. Where chemical warfare is extremely deadly (obviously not dioxis like).

But I must be truthful. It probably won't be anywhere near it. They'll probably p*** on it and the entire era because that's not what the multiplayer generation wants. It will be all commander chief, 007, 50-4 K/D ****. This is definitely one installment they should withhold K/D from. Seriously get it right if you're going to do it at all. History guy here if that's not obvious. I've always wanted to see this but I know why they haven't. It's exactly the opposite of what the majority want sadly.

Well, short of the circa 1914 ironman T-1000 dude encapsulated in a whole iron body suit and mowing down allies with what appeared to be a gatling gun ripped from a mounted defensive position. It all looked pretty authentic...right down to the cavalry shots. I just hope they don't rewrite history and add some pseudo paranormal wolfeinstien undead german death squads in search of the holy grail and spear of destiny, whilst hell bent on world domination.

...and yes in this instance ...the K/D **** needs to go by way of the...

Van_den_Venne_dodo.jpg
  • IVIaster_LUKE
    1567 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    DOWNWARDZ wrote: »
    DarkFlood wrote: »

Well, short of the circa 1914 ironman T-1000 dude encapsulated in a whole iron body suit and mowing down allies with what appeared to be a gatling gun ripped from a mounted defensive position. It all looked pretty authentic...right down to the cavalry shots. I just hope they don't rewrite history and add some pseudo paranormal wolfeinstien undead german death squads in search of the holy grail and spear of destiny, whilst hell bent on world domination.

...and yes in this instance ...the K/D **** needs to go by way of the...

Van_den_Venne_dodo.jpg

Dodo bird. Eaten into extinction because it tasted like chicken. :D
    luke.png