criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

Discussing Republic Commando 2.

Hope this reaches the attention of the higher ups in DICE/Disney.

For the past few years ever since i beat Star Wars Republic Commando I have been waiting for a sequel to the game beloved by many. Personally its my favorite Star Wars game ever (Sorry Battlefront 3 you just were nt what i thought you would be) .

I think I speak for a large part of the Star Wars community when I say that Republic Commando NEEDS a sequel.

The ending was a cliffhanger and the absolutely wonderful game play mechanics of a game that old were amazing. The squad based mechanics and the ability to order your squad to execute different tactics and go to different positions was everything I wanted. It really made for a solid Star Wars squad based tactical FPS. I think that if both companies (Dice/Disney) really put some time and effort into a "Republic Commando 2" that it would get massive amounts of sales.

I can imagine the amount of people that have never played Republic Commando being attracted bye the game and mechanics. That is, if you don't change it too much like you did to Battlefront.
Like "Lets take out vehicles spawning, Clone wars etc. etc.

If your reading this DICE/Disney I think that if you make another solid Republic Commando game and you stay true to the tactical squad based mechanics and give it a good story like the first game, You will be glad you did.

Replies

• mastery0ta
    6562 posts Member
    That game kicked *****. Still have it on Xbox. Ended kinda at a weird place, I wanted to fight on Kasshyyk.
  • NickygUrl
    698 posts Member
    Yeah it's scary how EA has publishing rights to Star Wars games for the next 10 years or whatever
    been wanting a sequel for so long now tho
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    That game kicked *****. Still have it on Xbox. Ended kinda at a weird place, I wanted to fight on Kasshyyk.

Yea just look at all the POSITIVE steam reviews. Its weird they havent picked up on how its one of the best star wars games out there.
  • mastery0ta wrote: »

Yea just look at all the POSITIVE steam reviews. Its weird they havent picked up on how its one of the best star wars games out there.
    Tobikun wrote: »
    Hope this reaches the attention of the higher ups in DICE/Disney.

For the past few years ever since i beat Star Wars Republic Commando I have been waiting for a sequel to the game beloved by many. Personally its my favorite Star Wars game ever (Sorry Battlefront 3 you just were nt what i thought you would be) .

I think I speak for a large part of the Star Wars community when I say that Republic Commando NEEDS a sequel.

The ending was a cliffhanger and the absolutely wonderful game play mechanics of a game that old were amazing. The squad based mechanics and the ability to order your squad to execute different tactics and go to different positions was everything I wanted. It really made for a solid Star Wars squad based tactical FPS. I think that if both companies (Dice/Disney) really put some time and effort into a "Republic Commando 2" that it would get massive amounts of sales.

I can imagine the amount of people that have never played Republic Commando being attracted bye the game and mechanics. That is, if you don't change it too much like you did to Battlefront.
    Like "Lets take out vehicles spawning, Clone wars etc. etc.

If your reading this DICE/Disney I think that if you make another solid Republic Commando game and you stay true to the tactical squad based mechanics and give it a good story like the first game, You will be glad you did.

NO, EA/Dice will screw it up somehow the game doesn't need a sequel and it should be left alone, that and knowing EA they will turn it into a "multiplayer focused" game instead of a SINGLE PLAYER game which it is supposed to be.

At least a remake with improved graphics and some servers to play multiplayer on would be good for me for now. (not multiplayer focused game though)
  • I just heard of a rumor for a "Star Wars Imperial Commando" and they say it will be a single player focused game.
  • Bjankins1
    490 posts Member
    #disneyneedstocanEA