criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

People who get a lot of kills, but never enter the control point areas are like...

Prev1
... NFL wide receivers that catch a lot of passes, and gain a lot of yards, but never score touchdowns, and who are never in on red zone plays because they are scared of getting hit.

Replies

  • ... NFL wide receivers that catch a lot of passes, and gain a lot of yards, but never score touchdowns, and who are never in on red zone plays because they are scared of getting hit.

    So true!
  • Lol, I like this. Agreed.
  • mastery0ta
    5955 posts Member
    Huehue. I see this also. Never understood the fear of the kill/death ratio. I sacrifice the hell outta myself for the greater good anytime I can. Drawing fire? Love it
  • Trooper8059
    10198 posts Member


    I think this represents K/D players comparing their statistics very well. Something utterly pointless that is made much larger than it has to be, and ultimately it's hilarious.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • IronKeys
    103 posts Member
    Was thinking about this.

    Whilst it's important to have people inside defending the control points, surely it is a benefit to have people outside stopping enemies from reaching the control points. ¿

    It helps create diversion and distraction from the control point/s.

  • IronKeys wrote: »
    Was thinking about this.

    Whilst it's important to have people inside defending the control points, surely it is a benefit to have people outside stopping enemies from reaching the control points. ¿

    It helps create diversion and distraction from the control point/s.

    It's not as important being outside of the control point for the simple fact that you count as zero people in the control point area. You're worth more to your team if you're in the control point area AND killing guys in there, and guys trying to get in there. It's all about how many guys your team has in there. That's it.
  • leftweet
    2216 posts Member
    IronKeys wrote: »
    Was thinking about this.

    Whilst it's important to have people inside defending the control points, surely it is a benefit to have people outside stopping enemies from reaching the control points. ¿

    It helps create diversion and distraction from the control point/s.

    It's not as important being outside of the control point for the simple fact that you count as zero people in the control point area. You're worth more to your team if you're in the control point area AND killing guys in there, and guys trying to get in there. It's all about how many guys your team has in there. That's it.

    This becomes a real big problem when half the Rebel side is sniping far outside the last CP on Turning Point... In TP, I'd rather have a full squad of bad players throwing themselves at the final CP than a team filled with top-notch snipers.
    I write things for The Star Wars Game Outpost
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    There like Reese Peanut Butter Cups without the peanut butter.
    There like a Burger King Wooper with (buns only) no Wooper.
    There like a modern Godzilla movie but you barely ever see Gozilla.
    IronKeys wrote: »
    Was thinking about this.

    Whilst it's important to have people inside defending the control points, surely it is a benefit to have people outside stopping enemies from reaching the control points. ¿

    It helps create diversion and distraction from the control point/s.

    It's not as important being outside of the control point for the simple fact that you count as zero people in the control point area. You're worth more to your team if you're in the control point area AND killing guys in there, and guys trying to get in there. It's all about how many guys your team has in there. That's it.

    Absolutely agreed, I have lost track of how many times I lost on 'Turning Point' simply because people stayed back to pick off people using their 'Jump Pack', pistols (SE-14c Blaster) and laser shotguns (CA-87 Blaster). Whilst I was the lone person trying to take the right side control point. The 3 in the other control point kept dying. Only me (an objective based sniper) and one other guy (another objective based sniper, who finally showed up), was moving the circle. We almost got there but ran out of time. This was all because others were fiddle faddling around, when the objective needed to be taken.
    Post edited by Starmasui17324 on
  • Massman
    83 posts Member
    leftweet wrote: »
    IronKeys wrote: »
    Was thinking about this.

    Whilst it's important to have people inside defending the control points, surely it is a benefit to have people outside stopping enemies from reaching the control points. ¿

    It helps create diversion and distraction from the control point/s.

    It's not as important being outside of the control point for the simple fact that you count as zero people in the control point area. You're worth more to your team if you're in the control point area AND killing guys in there, and guys trying to get in there. It's all about how many guys your team has in there. That's it.

    This becomes a real big problem when half the Rebel side is sniping far outside the last CP on Turning Point... In TP, I'd rather have a full squad of bad players throwing themselves at the final CP than a team filled with top-notch snipers.

    This is why I don't play turning point. Never have at least 3/4 of the team committed to the objectives which is needed in a mode like that
  • Massman wrote: »
    leftweet wrote: »
    IronKeys wrote: »
    Was thinking about this.

    Whilst it's important to have people inside defending the control points, surely it is a benefit to have people outside stopping enemies from reaching the control points. ¿

    It helps create diversion and distraction from the control point/s.

    It's not as important being outside of the control point for the simple fact that you count as zero people in the control point area. You're worth more to your team if you're in the control point area AND killing guys in there, and guys trying to get in there. It's all about how many guys your team has in there. That's it.

    This becomes a real big problem when half the Rebel side is sniping far outside the last CP on Turning Point... In TP, I'd rather have a full squad of bad players throwing themselves at the final CP than a team filled with top-notch snipers.

    This is why I don't play turning point. Never have at least 3/4 of the team committed to the objectives which is needed in a mode like that

    You know it's weird but even with all the new maps for 'Turning Point', I still like the original Jakku map the best. Don't get me wrong, 'Endor Survivors' is amazing (especially the cave system), but I really fell in love with the Jakku map. :smile:
  • But maybe these guys who are getting a lot of kills are making it a little easier for you to step foot in the control point? Just a thought...
    PC-master-1.jpg
  • But maybe these guys who are getting a lot of kills are making it a little easier for you to step foot in the control point? Just a thought...
    PC-master-1.jpg

    Well just like the wide receiver in the analogy, they have some value to the team, but it's not as big as a lot of people think if they're not entering the control point areas.

    Those people being killed outside the control point area aren't moving the control point meter. They don't matter yet. And if you kill someone outside the control point area, and their partner happens to make it to the control point, the person who got killed can spawn on their partner, and now you have two enemies in there while you still count as zero people for your team.

    You're better off helping your team from within the control point area where you actually count as a person in there for your team, and where you can react to anyone in, or entering the area.

    It's really simple. The more guys your team has in a control point, the easier it is for your team to take that point and the easier it is for your team to kill any enemies within the control point area. Those are the only enemies that count towards moving the meter against your team. The enemies that are outside the control point mean nothing until they enter it.

    I mean of course it's wise to kill everyone on the way to a control point to help clear a path for more of your teammates to get in there, but if you're just parked way outside the control point, or wandering around aimlessly killing people, with no intent of ever heading towards that control point your team needs, you're not really doing anything for your team

    And btw, you can still get a lot of kills and have great games if you actually enter the control point areas.

    A team with 20 guys relentlessly attacking control points will beat a team full of guys just trying to get a lot of kills every time.
  • ... NFL wide receivers that catch a lot of passes, and gain a lot of yards, but never score touchdowns, and who are never in on red zone plays because they are scared of getting hit.

    Coffee... meet monitor. Hilarious!
    PSN: N3GAT1VE_CR33P (Note: blank requests get deleted)
  • tk421jag
    277 posts Member
    Massman wrote: »

    This is why I don't play turning point. Never have at least 3/4 of the team committed to the objectives which is needed in a mode like that

    3/4!?!? That would be awesome if it were 3/4. I've never had 1/2 or even 1/4 of the people playing actually working towards objectives. I've got plenty of videos of me capturing every control point myself with only one other person helping me. It's annoying. Walker Assault and Supremacy are a lot of fun to play, but not when everyone else doesn't help. When people are all working together, it can be one of the most fulfilling games to play.
  • ... NFL wide receivers that catch a lot of passes, and gain a lot of yards, but never score touchdowns, and who are never in on red zone plays because they are scared of getting hit.

    Hating on the 3rd & long guy. :D
    luke.png


  • I think this represents K/D players comparing their statistics very well. Something utterly pointless that is made much larger than it has to be, and ultimately it's hilarious.

    This scene gets me.........EVERY.......TIME :-)

    And to the original poster, great analogy. I cannot stand it when I see the top of my teams leaderboard with a crazy 55-3 score, yet never once comes within 100 meters of the objective. Those same people that thinks theyre K/D is so impressive, NEVER PLAY BLAST. Why? Because it would expose them for being one trick ponies.
  • Bignuts1
    190 posts Member


    I think this represents K/D players comparing their statistics very well. Something utterly pointless that is made much larger than it has to be, and ultimately it's hilarious.

    This scene gets me.........EVERY.......TIME :-)

    And to the original poster, great analogy. I cannot stand it when I see the top of my teams leaderboard with a crazy 55-3 score, yet never once comes within 100 meters of the objective. Those same people that thinks theyre K/D is so impressive, NEVER PLAY BLAST. Why? Because it would expose them for being one trick ponies.

    The scum don't play blast because the object of that mode is to seek and kill the enemy.
    In objective modes, these scum sniping campers have a focus point to sit and aim at which feeds them with targets whilst remaining out of the way of any potential threat.
    If the dirty, selfish scum sniping campers played blast, they'd have literally nowhere to hide and would spend the whole game getting flanked and shot in the back while their faces are glued to the scope, ending the round with a horrendous kd.
    That is the only reason you see these wan kers playing objective modes.
  • What about this one?



    Everyone says that getting a lot of kills in vehicles doesn't mean you're a good player but I'm standing in the control point and get MVP and most control points defended in this game.
  • iWattt
    62 posts Member
    I see them more as like the quarterback. They don't make the tackles or hit anybody, but let's be honest, getting a lot of kills makes it easier for others to capture the objective. If your top player drops 80 kills you probably have a better chance of winning rather than if your top player had 30 kills and died in the objective the whole game. I'm not saying kill **** is more important because it's not. But there's a difference in kill **** and guarding the objective/obj players so to speak
  • iWattt wrote: »
    I see them more as like the quarterback. They don't make the tackles or hit anybody, but let's be honest, getting a lot of kills makes it easier for others to capture the objective. If your top player drops 80 kills you probably have a better chance of winning rather than if your top player had 30 kills and died in the objective the whole game. I'm not saying kill **** is more important because it's not. But there's a difference in kill **** and guarding the objective/obj players so to speak

    There is also a difference in being effectives in the hilltops and in the outskirts of the map and being effective where it counts, on the objective. I would argue that it takes way waaaaaay more skill to consistently get 20 kills and MVP while standing on the point than to get 150 kills with a hero token, score 15k, and never get a control point kill.

    You have to remember, there's not a huge amount of traffic on the control point. Even in a 20 players game, most of the players are going to be doing what all these great "kill whores" do, just running around the outskirts or camping in the hills somewhere.
  • irishtim7
    706 posts Member
    Bignuts1 wrote: »


    I think this represents K/D players comparing their statistics very well. Something utterly pointless that is made much larger than it has to be, and ultimately it's hilarious.

    This scene gets me.........EVERY.......TIME :-)

    And to the original poster, great analogy. I cannot stand it when I see the top of my teams leaderboard with a crazy 55-3 score, yet never once comes within 100 meters of the objective. Those same people that thinks theyre K/D is so impressive, NEVER PLAY BLAST. Why? Because it would expose them for being one trick ponies.

    The scum don't play blast because the object of that mode is to seek and kill the enemy.
    In objective modes, these scum sniping campers have a focus point to sit and aim at which feeds them with targets whilst remaining out of the way of any potential threat.
    If the dirty, selfish scum sniping campers played blast, they'd have literally nowhere to hide and would spend the whole game getting flanked and shot in the back while their faces are glued to the scope, ending the round with a horrendous kd.
    That is the only reason you see these wan kers playing objective modes.

    Haha. Too right, mate!
    I find your lack of Guinness disturbing
  • My thoughts on this is this...and it's something that's starting to bug me. So many people want to talk about their high kill count game and that's fine but show me who got MVP or most control points defended.

    Those are the two biggest honors in my opinion. If you show me a super high kill count game, also show me that you got MVP or most control points defended and I'll be impressed.
  • iWattt
    62 posts Member
    edited May 2016

    There is also a difference in being effectives in the hilltops and in the outskirts of the map and being effective where it counts, on the objective. I would argue that it takes way waaaaaay more skill to consistently get 20 kills and MVP while standing on the point than to get 150 kills with a hero token, score 15k, and never get a control point kill.

    You have to remember, there's not a huge amount of traffic on the control point. Even in a 20 players game, most of the players are going to be doing what all these great "kill whores" do, just running around the outskirts or camping in the hills somewhere.

    I think you may have misinterpreted my post as I may not have been very clear, what I meant is there's a difference in someone guarding the control point without standing directly in it gaining objective score and like you said, just camping the hills or outskirts of the map. The person who gets 70 kills guarding the objective is a valuable asset to the team. The guy who gets 70 kills camping the hills or outskirts is not.
  • Skywalker485
    636 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    @iWattt Oh yea, I hear you. Not trying to disagree with you, just adding to your point.
  • MrFurious1000
    1231 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    what about the poor guy who activates shield (Me) and stands in front of his buddy to block any blaster fire while he activates an uplink?

    I guess Im like the "Tight End" that can score a touchdown but instead uses his body to block an incoming tackle to let the running back score a touchdown......no love for me
  • handcuff
    923 posts Member
    But maybe these guys who are getting a lot of kills are making it a little easier for you to step foot in the control point? Just a thought...
    PC-master-1.jpg

    ding
  • yodajedifishmaster
    1361 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    what about the guys like me who are trying to defend the last control point alone to buy time for the whole rest of the team to rush like headless chickens to fail to take the next? usually while 4 or 5 of the bad guys are taking me apart. where do i fit in the analogy?

    oh i also try to supress enemies to slow them down either getting to the cp im defending or (if i can see it from the cp im defending) the ones running towards the next cp you are trying to take. and when you guys do take it and sprint off to the next im sprinting towards the cp you just got to try and hold it from the counter attack already happening behind you. im also the one firing ion shot and grenades at the AT-ST/droid/turret taking us out. am i a linebacker or something? safety?

    oh and i notice the ones who snipe from outside cp to get most kills... arent they the ones yelling how useless the rest of us are, and rage quitting when we lose the round?
    invalid brain token
  • Lol I was only referring to the kind of wide receiver the player resembles in the original analogy to describe exactly how valuable these types of Battlefront players are to their team. Sure they have some value, but they aren't the ones winning the game.

    But hey... If anyone wants to compare their playing style to running backs and tight ends and stuff, by all means, have at it haha!
  • Deerber
    766 posts Member
    But maybe these guys who are getting a lot of kills are making it a little easier for you to step foot in the control point? Just a thought...
    PC-master-1.jpg

    Well just like the wide receiver in the analogy, they have some value to the team, but it's not as big as a lot of people think if they're not entering the control point areas.

    Those people being killed outside the control point area aren't moving the control point meter. They don't matter yet. And if you kill someone outside the control point area, and their partner happens to make it to the control point, the person who got killed can spawn on their partner, and now you have two enemies in there while you still count as zero people for your team.

    You're better off helping your team from within the control point area where you actually count as a person in there for your team, and where you can react to anyone in, or entering the area.

    It's really simple. The more guys your team has in a control point, the easier it is for your team to take that point and the easier it is for your team to kill any enemies within the control point area. Those are the only enemies that count towards moving the meter against your team. The enemies that are outside the control point mean nothing until they enter it.

    I mean of course it's wise to kill everyone on the way to a control point to help clear a path for more of your teammates to get in there, but if you're just parked way outside the control point, or wandering around aimlessly killing people, with no intent of ever heading towards that control point your team needs, you're not really doing anything for your team

    And btw, you can still get a lot of kills and have great games if you actually enter the control point areas.

    A team with 20 guys relentlessly attacking control points will beat a team full of guys just trying to get a lot of kills every time.

    You seem to be mistaking camping at the end of the map with a sniper and be a **** player (like most are) with, generally speaking, not being inside the circle and getting kills. They are, though, two different things, and while the first is definitely useless to the team, the other might be not. And, guess what, depending on how many kills the guy is getting, it might even has *more* value to the team than just standing in the control point would do.

    Let's take it to the extreme, and think of what would happen in the limit in which a guy stands outside the control point, but kills the entire enemy team every time before they can get inside the circle. You said those guys outside the circle don't count, uh? Well I disagree. You're gonna have a flawless and super easy victory in this (unlikely, yeah, it's a limit) scenario. Why? Cause those guys do count, even if they're outside the circle. Cause if they're alive, they can get inside the circle. If they're dead, they can't.

    So this kind of reasoning shows that there is a number of kills, or rather kills/minute, or whatever, over which standing outside the circle and mowing the enemies down before they can get close to it is actually *more* beneficial than staying in the circle.
  • They're like the worst. People who play game modes other than Blast that don't play the objective and just rack up kills are the reason why you might loose match after match. They are not team players.
  • Filthy people
  • Oh and I just wanted to address this for those who are still so convinced that getting a lot of kills alone means more than it really does in a game of supremacy or TP...

    I mentioned this earlier, but what happens when that guy who never enters the control point kills an enemy outside the area, and that enemy's partner is in the control point? *Poof!* Partner spawn. And now you have two enemies in the control point area. Thank you for "helping" me out while I fight for my life INSIDE the control point.

    Another thing to note is this... If you're way out away from the objectives, and you see someone out there and kill him, where do you think he's going to spawn? Do you think the game is going to say "Oh well... He just died really far from the objectives. I'll just put him back there."?

    No. He's going to be spawning where everybody else is according to how the game is going. Once again... Thank you for "helping" me by giving my enemy an express ticket CLOSER to the objective. Interesting side note: Sometimes if I'm defending our control point, and my team takes the next control point, I will just let my enemies kill me because it will allow me to spawn closer to the action. LOL!

    You see, when you kill someone outside the control point area, there is no way to know if and when that person will ever reach the control point area and threaten your guys inside/move the meter against your team. You're just going off the ASSUMPTION that he will, and that is very often NOT TRUE. For all you know, that person way out there could be lost, and it benefits your team more to just leave Waldo in the "Where's" state. You should NOT be way out in the hills just looking for people out there.

    All that matters is the control point meter guys. It's really simple. Get in there so you count as a person in there, and kill everyone either in there, or trying to get in there. If your whole team is doing this, you are almost guaranteed a win because, in my experience, people who actually play inside the control points are clearly a minority. I'll take 20 guns against 5 all day.
  • This is a bogus issue. I rarely see players with high k/d rations and high kill counts not playing the objectives. The good players who want high k/d ratios know that to get the kills, you need to be where the action is, which is capturing or defending objectives. They also know that bumrushing an objective isn't going to win either. I see people all the time just rush to the control point, only to get lit up in a hurry rather than taking a bit of extra time to clear an area. I'm usually the guy taking them out, getting a high k/d while watching my teammates rush the same objective and a good player on the other team taking them out.

    The only exception I see is the strafers from the air, usually in the T47s. For some reason, the overinflated strafing k/d seems to have almost no bearing on the outcome. Or maybe I'm just ticked about getting spawn strafed so many times.
  • Deerber
    766 posts Member
    Oh and I just wanted to address this for those who are still so convinced that getting a lot of kills alone means more than it really does in a game of supremacy or TP...

    I mentioned this earlier, but what happens when that guy who never enters the control point kills an enemy outside the area, and that enemy's partner is in the control point? *Poof!* Partner spawn. And now you have two enemies in the control point area. Thank you for "helping" me out while I fight for my life INSIDE the control point.

    Another thing to note is this... If you're way out away from the objectives, and you see someone out there and kill him, where do you think he's going to spawn? Do you think the game is going to say "Oh well... He just died really far from the objectives. I'll just put him back there."?

    No. He's going to be spawning where everybody else is according to how the game is going. Once again... Thank you for "helping" me by giving my enemy an express ticket CLOSER to the objective. Interesting side note: Sometimes if I'm defending our control point, and my team takes the next control point, I will just let my enemies kill me because it will allow me to spawn closer to the action. LOL!

    You see, when you kill someone outside the control point area, there is no way to know if and when that person will ever reach the control point area and threaten your guys inside/move the meter against your team. You're just going off the ASSUMPTION that he will, and that is very often NOT TRUE. For all you know, that person way out there could be lost, and it benefits your team more to just leave Waldo in the "Where's" state. You should NOT be way out in the hills just looking for people out there.

    All that matters is the control point meter guys. It's really simple. Get in there so you count as a person in there, and kill everyone either in there, or trying to get in there. If your whole team is doing this, you are almost guaranteed a win because, in my experience, people who actually play inside the control points are clearly a minority. I'll take 20 guns against 5 all day.

    You seem to be thinking that everyone getting kills must be doing it in a stupid way, like killing people outside the circle before killing the ones inside.


    Spoiler: there are actually smart people who defent the control point outside its boundaries, simply because it's the most efficient way of doing it.
  • Deerber
    766 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    meanjoeira wrote: »
    The only exception I see is the strafers from the air, usually in the T47s. For some reason, the overinflated strafing k/d seems to have almost no bearing on the outcome. Or maybe I'm just ticked about getting spawn strafed so many times.

    You answered yourself. They have no bearing because they're mostly spawn kills. They achieve nothing apart from changing the k/d ratios. They just respawn a few meters away.
  • Deerber wrote: »
    But maybe these guys who are getting a lot of kills are making it a little easier for you to step foot in the control point? Just a thought...
    PC-master-1.jpg

    Well just like the wide receiver in the analogy, they have some value to the team, but it's not as big as a lot of people think if they're not entering the control point areas.

    Those people being killed outside the control point area aren't moving the control point meter. They don't matter yet. And if you kill someone outside the control point area, and their partner happens to make it to the control point, the person who got killed can spawn on their partner, and now you have two enemies in there while you still count as zero people for your team.

    You're better off helping your team from within the control point area where you actually count as a person in there for your team, and where you can react to anyone in, or entering the area.

    It's really simple. The more guys your team has in a control point, the easier it is for your team to take that point and the easier it is for your team to kill any enemies within the control point area. Those are the only enemies that count towards moving the meter against your team. The enemies that are outside the control point mean nothing until they enter it.

    I mean of course it's wise to kill everyone on the way to a control point to help clear a path for more of your teammates to get in there, but if you're just parked way outside the control point, or wandering around aimlessly killing people, with no intent of ever heading towards that control point your team needs, you're not really doing anything for your team

    And btw, you can still get a lot of kills and have great games if you actually enter the control point areas.

    A team with 20 guys relentlessly attacking control points will beat a team full of guys just trying to get a lot of kills every time.

    You seem to be mistaking camping at the end of the map with a sniper and be a **** player (like most are) with, generally speaking, not being inside the circle and getting kills. They are, though, two different things, and while the first is definitely useless to the team, the other might be not. And, guess what, depending on how many kills the guy is getting, it might even has *more* value to the team than just standing in the control point would do.

    Let's take it to the extreme, and think of what would happen in the limit in which a guy stands outside the control point, but kills the entire enemy team every time before they can get inside the circle. You said those guys outside the circle don't count, uh? Well I disagree. You're gonna have a flawless and super easy victory in this (unlikely, yeah, it's a limit) scenario. Why? Cause those guys do count, even if they're outside the circle. Cause if they're alive, they can get inside the circle. If they're dead, they can't.

    So this kind of reasoning shows that there is a number of kills, or rather kills/minute, or whatever, over which standing outside the circle and mowing the enemies down before they can get close to it is actually *more* beneficial than staying in the circle.

    No. See you're not getting it. The person outside the control point area is playing a role, and this role has some value. But the fact is he could be playing a role that is MUCH MORE valuable to the team.

    Let me put it this way... Killing people inside control points is a role that is necessary for victory. Killing people outside the control points is not. Your team could have zero people playing the latter role, and everyone playing the former role, and win. In fact, your team will be much stronger this way.

    Again... Let's be real... To have any real value to your team by killing a lot of people outside the control point area, you HAVE to have a tremendous amount of kills. Why? Because you have to minimize the chances of the person spawning on his partner INSIDE the control point.

    In other words, you have to kill a person AND his partner outside the control point area to actually be preventing anyone from getting there. Given the fact that there's no way to know who's partner is who, and the fact that all control points have multiple entrances, the chances that someone "kills the entire enemy team every time before they can get inside the circle" is close to 0%.

    Also, you are referring to a player who stands just outside of the control point area defending it, but who will enter it when necessary. This is not the type of player I was describing at all. It clearly says "...never enter the control point area..." in the title.
  • Deerber wrote: »
    Oh and I just wanted to address this for those who are still so convinced that getting a lot of kills alone means more than it really does in a game of supremacy or TP...

    I mentioned this earlier, but what happens when that guy who never enters the control point kills an enemy outside the area, and that enemy's partner is in the control point? *Poof!* Partner spawn. And now you have two enemies in the control point area. Thank you for "helping" me out while I fight for my life INSIDE the control point.

    Another thing to note is this... If you're way out away from the objectives, and you see someone out there and kill him, where do you think he's going to spawn? Do you think the game is going to say "Oh well... He just died really far from the objectives. I'll just put him back there."?

    No. He's going to be spawning where everybody else is according to how the game is going. Once again... Thank you for "helping" me by giving my enemy an express ticket CLOSER to the objective. Interesting side note: Sometimes if I'm defending our control point, and my team takes the next control point, I will just let my enemies kill me because it will allow me to spawn closer to the action. LOL!

    You see, when you kill someone outside the control point area, there is no way to know if and when that person will ever reach the control point area and threaten your guys inside/move the meter against your team. You're just going off the ASSUMPTION that he will, and that is very often NOT TRUE. For all you know, that person way out there could be lost, and it benefits your team more to just leave Waldo in the "Where's" state. You should NOT be way out in the hills just looking for people out there.

    All that matters is the control point meter guys. It's really simple. Get in there so you count as a person in there, and kill everyone either in there, or trying to get in there. If your whole team is doing this, you are almost guaranteed a win because, in my experience, people who actually play inside the control points are clearly a minority. I'll take 20 guns against 5 all day.

    You seem to be thinking that everyone getting kills must be doing it in a stupid way, like killing people outside the circle before killing the ones inside.


    Spoiler: there are actually smart people who defent the control point outside its boundaries, simply because it's the most efficient way of doing it.

    Where in the world did you get the idea that I'm "thinking that everyone getting kills must be doing it in a stupid way", genius? Where did I say that? Huh?

    I clearly said that you CAN get a lot of kills, and have great games while playing inside the control points in another post!

    I get a lot of kills, and have great games while playing the objectives, but you ASSUMED that I played like crap because I made this simple analogy and, apparently, because you can't read very well. Don't make assumptions about me, and don't act like you know me, because you clearly don't.

    Spoiler: There are actually smart people who realize that extending outwards from the control point area just increases the area that you have to cover, and that those people outside the control point don't count towards moving the meter in your favor.
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Huehue. I see this also. Never understood the fear of the kill/death ratio. I sacrifice the hell outta myself for the greater good anytime I can. Drawing fire? Love it

    Same
  • Deerber
    766 posts Member
    Sigh. And there you go, name calling when I didn't do anything to deserve it. Typical, what should I expect.

    Makes you wonder why one shouldn't do something do deserve it in the first place...

    Oh well. I'm out.
  • Deerber wrote: »
    Sigh. And there you go, name calling when I didn't do anything to deserve it. Typical, what should I expect.

    Makes you wonder why one shouldn't do something do deserve it in the first place...

    Oh well. I'm out.

    Hey. For the record, I didn't call you any names unless you count the way I called you "genius". You're the one who put words in my mouth that are pretty much the opposite of what I've been trying to say. It gave me the impression that you were assuming I was a crappy player just because I made the analogy about players that get a lot of kills but don't enter the control points. I apologize if I offended you.

    But you have got to understand... Look how fired up some of these people are about this. You know why? Because when you go on a long killstreak, killing everyone on the way to the control point, and THEN kill everyone in that control point, and proceed to single-handedly fight off wave after wave of enemy soldiers just to maintain that slow-gaining +1 advantage - the whole time wondering, "where the heck is my team???" - only to finally be overwhelmed after more than a minute... You know what that feels like?

    It feels like your team abandoned you. It makes it worse when you can spectate, and you can see proof of this by watching some guy who's 66-1 off in nowhere land getting meaningless kills with his AT ST, or Nien Nunb camped out in the hills using his orbital strike and pulse cannon over and over.

    Why do people abandon their teammates to die alone inside control points? For their own safety? For a few extra cheap kills? I don't understand because you can have awesome games playing the objectives. It's really hard for a lot of people to see the way these guys play as anything but selfish.

    And the guy who said this is a bogus issue... Just stop. If you are the type of player that plays the objectives all the time, you would know how big of an issue it is because you will have experienced the feeling of being alone in a control point waiting for your team, and you will have experienced it A LOT. And in most of those games you will see others on your team with a lot of kills that were nowhere to be found when you were trying to take that control point.

    The tired old argument that people with a high K/D that don't play the objectves don't exist? That people who get a lot of kills are automatically great players because they naturally play the objectves somehow? Yeah... Those arguments don't work anymore. They've already been proven wrong by SPECTATOR MODE.
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    But maybe these guys who are getting a lot of kills are making it a little easier for you to step foot in the control point? Just a thought...
    PC-master-1.jpg
    B) Being prior military...here is a list of what not to do:
    (1.) 5 snipers in the rear- way to many, it's over kill
    (2.) 6 people doing mop up in the rear- way to many, it's over kill
    (3.) 0 decoys, everyone going to the same control point.- This on the surface has the illusion of wisdom. However, 'all' 20 enemy forces including Tie Fighters and an AT-ST will converge on this one spot. It ends up being a massacre, 'your massacre'. Follow the old adage, "Divide and conquer."
    (4.) Don't go the other extreme though and pull the 'Miracle Whip' stunt [spread to thin], 2 on one control point, 1 on another and 1 on another. This sometimes will work. But more often then not, all 3 groups just get toasted due to low numbers.

    Playing the General, here's how the ultimate team on 'Turning Point' functions when it's 20 vs 20:
    (1.) 3 Snipers in the rear- to support players trying to take the control points.
    (2.) 4 other players act as Mop Up- in the rear to protect snipers backs and the control point takers backs, when the enemy spawns behind you.
    (3.) 3 others act as Decoys- they divert the enemy away from the true target, thining their forces by trying to seize another control point.
    (4.) 10 Control Point seizures- This group moves as one unit. They bum rush (Blitzkreig) the true control point target.

    *Every time this perfect ballance was incorporated my team never, ever, ever lost. It is the ultimate way to do it.

    Your probably think, "Yeah but how do we get people to work as a team and how do I gauge what to do when?" Simple, follow the bellow steps and it should help:
    (1.) If the team already has 3 people sniping don't snipe, more would be over kill.
    (2.) If the team already has 4 players moping up in the rear with 'Jet Packs', Laser Shotguns [CA-87 blasters] and pistols [SE-14c pistols], more would be over kill.
    (3.)If there are 10 of your team members rushing towards 1 control point and only 2 rushing the other follow the 2. The enemy will not consider 2 much of a threat, but 3 they will take notice. This will thin them out, divide their forces [divide and conquer] and greatly statistically increase the odds, of the other 10 players on your team taking the control point. Sometimes you need to sacrifice for the greater good. :)
    (4.) If 3 team members are on one control point and 9 on the other, run towards the 9. Your team can always use the extra weapons fire. B)

    *Soooo again the ultimate set up:
    3 Snipers
    4 Mop Up
    3 Decoys
    10 Control Point (main takers)
    Post edited by Starmasui17324 on
  • Hoplite39
    216 posts Member
    It should be noted that when one team plays the objectives well and the other team does not, no one in either team gets high kills. I have seen matches where the highest kill rate of 8 or 9 where the match is won quickly. This demonstrates that getting high kills does not win a match. Indeed, the best wins (and indeed worse losses) ironically occur when there are few kills on either side.

    It should be noted that, as far as I understand Turning Point, the presence of the imos in control points does not directly affect the outcome. The imps objective is to 1) Prevent the rebels from reaching the CP and 2) kill any rebels in the CP as quickly as possible. Indeed, it is preferable for the imps to defend in front of their CPs than in them if possible. So imps don't have to be in TP CPs themselves, as long as they are preventing rebels from entering them. Conversely, it us critical for the rebels to get into the control points as soon as possible. So being in a TP CP is much more valuable than being outside it.

    In Supremacy both teams must capture and defend CPs, so the action in the CPs is the most important.

    In WA, there are no CPs as such and this changes the dynamic slightly. There us no point in occupying the space around an uplink if it is not activated/deactivated in your team's favour. This means than defending and attacking the various approaches to the Uplinks becomes important.
  • Agreed.
  • But maybe these guys who are getting a lot of kills are making it a little easier for you to step foot in the control point? Just a thought...
    PC-master-1.jpg
    B) Being prior military...here is a list of what not to do:
    (1.) 5 snipers in the rear- way to many, it's over kill
    (2.) 6 people doing mop up in the rear- way to many, it's over kill
    (3.) 0 decoys, everyone going to the same control point.- This on the surface has the illusion of wisdom. However, 'all' 20 enemy forces including Tie Fighters and an AT-ST will converge on this one spot. It ends up being a massacre, 'your massacre'. Follow the old adage, "Divide and conquer."
    (4.) Don't go the other extreme though and pull the 'Miracle Whip' stunt [spread to thin], 2 on one control point, 1 on another and 1 on another. This sometimes will work. But more often then not, all 3 groups just get toasted due to low numbers.

    Playing the General, here's how the ultimate team on 'Turning Point' functions when it's 20 vs 20:
    (1.) 3 Snipers in the rear- to support players trying to take the control points.
    (2.) 4 other players act as Mop Up- in the rear to protect snipers backs and the control point takers backs, when the enemy spawns behind you.
    (3.) 3 others act as Decoys- they divert the enemy away from the true target, thining their forces by trying to seize another control point.
    (4.) 10 Control Point seizures- This group moves as one unit. They bum rush (Blitzkreig) the true control point target.

    *Every time this perfect ballance was incorporated my team never, ever, ever lost. It is the ultimate way to do it.

    Your probably think, "Yeah but how do we get people to work as a team and how do I gauge what to do when?" Simple, follow the bellow steps and it should help:
    (1.) If the team already has 3 people sniping don't snipe, more would be over kill.
    (2.) If the team already has 4 players moping up in the rear with 'Jet Packs', Laser Shotguns [CA-87 blasters] and pistols [SE-14c pistols], more would be over kill.
    (3.)If there are 10 of your team members rushing towards 1 control point and only 2 rushing the other follow the 2. The enemy will not consider 2 much of a threat, but 3 they will take notice. This will thin them out, divide their forces [divide and conquer] and greatly statistically increase the odds, of the other 10 players on your team taking the control point. Sometimes you need to sacrifice for the greater good. :)
    (4.) If 3 team members are on one control point and 9 on the other, run towards the 9. Your team can always use the extra weapons fire. B)

    *Soooo again the ultimate set up:
    3 Snipers
    4 Mop Up
    3 Decoys
    10 Control Point (main takers)

    WOW!!! you do realize this is a video game??
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    th3l3dg369 wrote: »
    But maybe these guys who are getting a lot of kills are making it a little easier for you to step foot in the control point? Just a thought...
    PC-master-1.jpg
    B) Being prior military...here is a list of what not to do:
    (1.) 5 snipers in the rear- way to many, it's over kill
    (2.) 6 people doing mop up in the rear- way to many, it's over kill
    (3.) 0 decoys, everyone going to the same control point.- This on the surface has the illusion of wisdom. However, 'all' 20 enemy forces including Tie Fighters and an AT-ST will converge on this one spot. It ends up being a massacre, 'your massacre'. Follow the old adage, "Divide and conquer."
    (4.) Don't go the other extreme though and pull the 'Miracle Whip' stunt [spread to thin], 2 on one control point, 1 on another and 1 on another. This sometimes will work. But more often then not, all 3 groups just get toasted due to low numbers.

    Playing the General, here's how the ultimate team on 'Turning Point' functions when it's 20 vs 20:
    (1.) 3 Snipers in the rear- to support players trying to take the control points.
    (2.) 4 other players act as Mop Up- in the rear to protect snipers backs and the control point takers backs, when the enemy spawns behind you.
    (3.) 3 others act as Decoys- they divert the enemy away from the true target, thining their forces by trying to seize another control point.
    (4.) 10 Control Point seizures- This group moves as one unit. They bum rush (Blitzkreig) the true control point target.

    *Every time this perfect ballance was incorporated my team never, ever, ever lost. It is the ultimate way to do it.

    Your probably think, "Yeah but how do we get people to work as a team and how do I gauge what to do when?" Simple, follow the bellow steps and it should help:
    (1.) If the team already has 3 people sniping don't snipe, more would be over kill.
    (2.) If the team already has 4 players moping up in the rear with 'Jet Packs', Laser Shotguns [CA-87 blasters] and pistols [SE-14c pistols], more would be over kill.
    (3.)If there are 10 of your team members rushing towards 1 control point and only 2 rushing the other follow the 2. The enemy will not consider 2 much of a threat, but 3 they will take notice. This will thin them out, divide their forces [divide and conquer] and greatly statistically increase the odds, of the other 10 players on your team taking the control point. Sometimes you need to sacrifice for the greater good. :)
    (4.) If 3 team members are on one control point and 9 on the other, run towards the 9. Your team can always use the extra weapons fire. B)

    *Soooo again the ultimate set up:
    3 Snipers
    4 Mop Up
    3 Decoys
    10 Control Point (main takers)

    WOW!!! you do realize this is a video game??

    Are you talking to me soldier? :# Get down and give me fifty! :#

    :p Nah I'm kidding, :D LOL...of course I do. :D

    Seriously though, being military taught me how to think tactics. It just bleeds from me now, I can't help it. B)
  • leftweet
    2216 posts Member
    Hoplite39 wrote: »
    It should be noted that, as far as I understand Turning Point, the presence of the imos in control points does not directly affect the outcome. The imps objective is to 1) Prevent the rebels from reaching the CP and 2) kill any rebels in the CP as quickly as possible. Indeed, it is preferable for the imps to defend in front of their CPs than in them if possible. So imps don't have to be in TP CPs themselves, as long as they are preventing rebels from entering them. Conversely, it us critical for the rebels to get into the control points as soon as possible. So being in a TP CP is much more valuable than being outside it.

    I think this is why it can sometimes be frustrating to play TP as the Rebels. If no one is pushing the CP, it can be quite agonizing to see those seconds drip away as there is not much you can do by yourself (especially on later CPs).

    Meanwhile, Imps can get away with not entering the CP as long as they keep Rebels out. Imps who sit back and snipe aren't necessarily a bad thing, until the Rebels have started to capture a point. Once a capture is under way, then it starts to make more sense to throw bodies forward to stop or slow the capture. So, essentially, Imps on Turning Point have a bit more wiggle room when it comes to obviously playing the objective.

    With all that said, some of my favorite moments of this game have come in TP point matches that go down to the wire. Those last CPs can be insanely epic.
    I write things for The Star Wars Game Outpost
  • Are you talking to me soldier? :# Get down and give me fifty! :#

    :p Nah I'm kidding, :D LOL...of course I do. :D

    Seriously though, being military taught me how to think tactics. It just bleeds from me now, I can't help it. B) [/quote]

    haha i'm only joking, you seem a genuine gamer, are you on Xbox?? I think i could do with your support in a few matches!!

  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    th3l3dg369 wrote: »
    haha i'm only joking, you seem a genuine gamer, are you on Xbox?? I think i could do with your support in a few matches!!

    Yep and sure. B)
    P.S.- You do know that you can just hit the quote button right? There is no need to paste it. Of course if you only want a part of the quote, because it was long winded or your just narrowing down the focus, delete that part of it. Just saying.
  • th3l3dg369 wrote: »
    Are you talking to me soldier? :# Get down and give me fifty! :#

    :p Nah I'm kidding, :D LOL...of course I do. :D

    Seriously though, being military taught me how to think tactics. It just bleeds from me now, I can't help it. B)

    haha i'm only joking, you seem a genuine gamer, are you on Xbox?? I think i could do with your support in a few matches!!



    Yep.

    I will look out for you.

    MTFBWY!! :smile:
  • th3l3dg369 wrote: »
    th3l3dg369 wrote: »
    Are you talking to me soldier? :# Get down and give me fifty! :#

    :p Nah I'm kidding, :D LOL...of course I do. :D

    Seriously though, being military taught me how to think tactics. It just bleeds from me now, I can't help it. B)

    haha i'm only joking, you seem a genuine gamer, are you on Xbox?? I think i could do with your support in a few matches!!



    Yep.

    I will look out for you.

    MTFBWY!! :smile:

    Is that your gamer tag?
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!