criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Announcement of Battlefront sequel next year..

That just killed all future sales of the season pass.

Replies

• tommytom64
    1091 posts Member
    Background info: Apparently, an EA investor posted on Twitter that Star Wars Battlefront 2 will be coming out next year in 2017. It's also said that the world will be "bigger and better" and that the game will feature content from the "new movies."
  • 1) Everyone knows this was coming
    2) Season Pass sales are over. Very few people are picking this game up now who don't have it, and those who have it have either gotten the pass, are have chosen to buy the DLC ala carte. There are exceptions, obviously, but they are just that.
  • So crap. They didn't add the content we wanted. WHO ASKS FOR A FORCE AWAKENS AND EPISODE IIX GAME OVER CLONE WARS. N0body wanted that. EA are the pros of giving us what we don't want.
  • tk421jag
    277 posts Member
    Yeah we knew about this. It was announced in Nov: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefront-sequels-coming-ea-teases/1100-6432334/

I'm guessing that the other games will have single player missions and stuff. The main focus of this one is multiplayer.
  • They announced BF2. That is awesome! Now annoucements Instant Action coming for both games!
  • DaBeast
    1189 posts Member
    If this is true, then why the f**k would they make a sequel trilogy game before all the new movies are out?
  • They announced BF2. That is awesome! Now annoucements Instant Action coming for both games!

Trust me, they wouldn't include it.
  • "Content from the new films" does not nessisarily mean exclusively the new films.
  • Strogg1980
    2574 posts Member
    They announced BF2. That is awesome! Now annoucements Instant Action coming for both games!

Why not? They are doing it for this game as dlc. If its highly requested then why not put it in to begin with for next game as solid content?

As for no clone wars, cant say i care. Gcw period>>>>>>>>>>>> clone wars. And the new films are a given. Its a new era that disney is focusing on. Further proof that they are trying to leave behind much of the prequals
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    They announced BF2. That is awesome! Now annoucements Instant Action coming for both games!

Why not? They are doing it for this game as dlc. If its highly requested then why not put it in to begin with for next game as solid content?

As for no clone wars, cant say i care. Gcw period>>>>>>>>>>>> clone wars. And the new films are a given. Its a new era that disney is focusing on. Further proof that they are trying to leave behind much of the prequals

Any REAL confirmation of instant action for this game?
  • leftweet
    2216 posts Member

In all likelihood, they'll be putting offline MP later on in the current game, then copy+pasting AI for the next one.
    I write things for The Star Wars Game Outpost
  • They better work on the problem of Lag. If I can't even play this game, I sure as **** won't be buying the next one.
  • https://youtube.com/watch?v=lr7h3Hio3Kw
    TFA content? Fake? I dont know. Just wait for a manager/ dev to reply
  • drachehexe wrote: »
    That just killed all future sales of the season pass.

dang, just posted this topic. Sorry, didnt know you posted one 20 minutes b4 me
  • Laser921
    2133 posts Member
    They better work on the problem of Lag. If I can't even play this game, I sure as **** won't be buying the next one.

Definitely doing research before i buy the next one. Personally, Im going to wait to see what the Visceral and Respanw games will be. Hopefully a Rogue squadron reboot and maybe a game like the Jedi Knight series? I always liked jedi outcast
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Why make it based around the new trilogy? In 2017 Ep 8 will come out. It would make sense to go to the Clone Wars/Prequel era if a new Battlefront game came out every 2 years. In 2019 DICE would have enough content for the new trilogy.
  • Piscettios
    6078 posts Member
    The ***** is hilarious... Who didn't think they would have part 2 lined up for 2017? The game sold like crazy, of course its on a two year cycle.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Everything I read never said specifically that it will focus on the sequel trilogy. It said that the Star Wars games over the next four years will include content from not just the older films, but the newer ones, including the anthology films. I assume Battlefront 2 will focus on Clone Wars.
  • I think we all agree that we want clone wars action. there is so much space to create new stories and expand on beloved characters from the show. clone wars would be the way to go. i am not at all excited about this episode 7 content. being a really expensive ripoff of episode 4, episode 7 will be just like battlefront but with a reskin. some old same old empire vs rebels, first order vs resistance. so boring. Now this part is my personal opinion. Being a hardcore EU fan I refuse to support Disney's star wars. I will not buy this new battlefront if it's centered on the sequel trilogy. I will only buy products that expand on the (old) canon not rewrite it. In any case I am really pumped for visceral games' star wars. i'm really hoping for a boba fett game just like star wars 1313
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    Why make it based around the new trilogy? In 2017 Ep 8 will come out. It would make sense to go to the Clone Wars/Prequel era if a new Battlefront game came out every 2 years. In 2019 DICE would have enough content for the new trilogy.

Gotta cash in on the movie hype while it's still building.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • They said that the possible 2017 sequel would feature content from the new films. By "new films", I sincerely hope they mean Episodes I, II, and III.
    While somewhat lacking in content, I greatly love and appreciate the amount of work and detail that went into the new Battlefront game and it would be amazing to see that same level of detail go into a new game based around the Clone Wars era.
  • It would make sense to go to the Clone Wars/Prequel era if a new Battlefront game came out every 2 years.

I wholeheartedly agree. I would love see the Clone Wars brought to life with the same work and detail that went into the Galactic Civil War of the first Battlefront game that EA distributed.
  • Kraigbot
    696 posts Member
    Let me guess, it's a 5 minute video where a guy is playing battlefront while he talks about his theory for a sequel?
  • grrlpurple
    1074 posts Member
    So crap. They didn't add the content we wanted. WHO ASKS FOR A FORCE AWAKENS AND EPISODE IIX GAME OVER CLONE WARS. N0body wanted that. EA are the pros of giving us what we don't want.

Speak for yourself!

The clone wars should have been consigned to legend status. Bring on the new trilogy generation :-)
  • Apparently Star Wars Battlefront is getting the yearly* COD-canned release schedule.
    Pump out cheaply finished games, while charging the maximum possible thru a season pass.

That explains the server-browser shenanigans.
  • peck71
    160 posts Member
    Battlefront II will be as rushed as this game, and i find their lack of content disturbing. They should of had bespin, death star, dagobah free in this game. And the DLC should of been prequel content. So the new game could be all new movies content. But when you sell us the original trilogy game without Chewie, Obi-Wan,Lando, Yoda,R2D2,C3PO,no Jawas,Sand people,Ewoks, Dead Rancor, no death star, no space battles, no instant action, no taun tauns, what do we expect the new game to have? EA are known to milk their customers, and are making Dice look bad. Not sure how they are going to sell the new game, after the debacle that is Battlefront. With it's immersive experience, and dying player base.
  • Why isn't the prequel trilogy next in line?
  • mastery0ta
    6546 posts Member
    Won't be preordering this.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Battlefront is dead
  • dabjab06
    304 posts Member
    I can see it now, "Keep your rank going and purchase Star Wars Battlefront 2. Bring over your skills, weapons, and tactics from the original trilogy and prepare to battle as the force awakens. Battlefront 2 consist of 2 new maps, 1 game mode, and 6 new weapons and star cards. You never know what new heroes you may meet on the battlefield (insert a picture of the dude that collects parts for food) only $60. Don't forget the season pass for $50 to get the whole experience. New weapons, cards, maps half of which we will end up giving to the people without the season pass for free. You wanted offline, we have it with our newly designed survival system. *Pick the map you want and fight waves of the opposition."

Small print* - Only available on certain game modes
  • Strogg1980
    2574 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Strogg1980 wrote: »

The main page sid more offline options ppl have been demanding. Ppl obviously have not been demanding missions. and the dude who is ahead of swbf design at dice said offline mp is being developed early this yr. Considering missions are not offline mp by any stretch, id say that is confirmation lol
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Strogg1980 wrote: »

The main page sid more offline options ppl have been demanding. Ppl obviously have not been demanding missions. and the dude who is ahead of swbf design at dice said offline mp is being developed early this yr. Considering missions are not offline mp by any stretch, id say that is confirmation lol

People wanted a campaign over instant action. Although I would love to see both :)
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Battlefront 2 will incorporate material from the main Star Wars saga, including the new sequel trilogy, as well as the series of "anthology" movies that includes this year's Rogue One and the upcoming Han Solo spinoff.

We are getting the same ***** game....

Maybe I'm wrong
    But sounds like OT, Rogue one, and solo movie content. With some TFA

Edit:
    That wasn't an actual quote from anyone special. No evidence. Good chance I'm wrong.
  • mastery0ta
    6546 posts Member
    Webn8tr_ wrote: »
    Battlefront 2 will incorporate material from the main Star Wars saga, including the new sequel trilogy, as well as the series of "anthology" movies that includes this year's Rogue One and the upcoming Han Solo spinoff.

Maybe I'm wrong

Edit:
    That wasn't an actual quote from anyone special. No evidence. Good chance I'm wrong.

This is how the franchise dies. With thunderous applause.. disney and EA have done it now. Goodbye battlefront
  • I hope it's not called battlefront 2 cause I'm sure it would be a disservice to the original bf2 :(
  • shaundobson
    1899 posts Member
    Webn8tr_ wrote: »

Maybe I'm wrong

Edit:

Hopefully it's false. Sounds so boring ! If it's new trilogy only then it'll look very similar to the original trilogy :(

Where is the clone wars god dammit !
  • I think we all agree that we want clone wars action. there is so much space to create new stories and expand on beloved characters from the show. clone wars would be the way to go. i am not at all excited about this episode 7 content. being a really expensive ripoff of episode 4, episode 7 will be just like battlefront but with a reskin. some old same old empire vs rebels, first order vs resistance. so boring. Now this part is my personal opinion. Being a hardcore EU fan I refuse to support Disney's star wars. I will not buy this new battlefront if it's centered on the sequel trilogy. I will only buy products that expand on the (old) canon not rewrite it. In any case I am really pumped for visceral games' star wars. i'm really hoping for a boba fett game just like star wars 1313

I dont want clone wars, but id still buy it. I hate the prequel garbage
  • Webn8tr_ wrote: »
    Battlefront is dead

Do you still play?

Wow your name does actually reflect your personality.

lol. Just my online persona. Im not a fan of droids, but id buy the game becaue i liked this one, the sequel will (Probably) have more heroes, and new blasters. I just HATE droids.

lol. Just my online persona. Im not a fan of droids, but id buy the game becaue i liked this one, the sequel will (Probably) have more heroes, and new blasters. I just HATE droids.

Even Super battle droids ? :o

Even Super battle droids ? :o

They are better than the classic ones. Droidekas are okay too, but it ruins immersion for me. I guess it would be awesome in these graphics