criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Server Browser *CONFIRMED*

iNNo
131 posts Member

Ooops wait which... did I post this in the battlefront forums, I meant to do this in the battlefield forums! sorry... not sorry.

WOW it's like every major FPS title (even those made by the same developers) has or is getting a server browser except *game_that_shall_not_be_mentioned*, I'll give you hint, it rhymes with "Pee Eh Bar Doors Tattle Punt"...

So this begs the question, uhhh, can any of you guess what that question would be? Post your question, in the form of the answer, to my question above, below...

Replies

• iNNo
    131 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    no but seriously, Battlefront is mentioned here by the developers, regarding launch concerns and server stability that I found... interesting given the general consensus here in the actual forums:
    "It’s a focus for us," lead designer Daniel Berlin told GamesBeat. "We know it was a difficult launch. We’ve been working on this for a long time. We released Battlefront, which did really well. We’re pushing an open beta to ensure stability. We’ve taken a lot of learnings from that experience, and we feel like we succeeded with Battlefront. We’ll take everything we learned there and apply it to Battlefield 1 as well."

Wouldn't it be great if they took everything they learned from Battlefield, and apply it to > Battlefront?

ADMIN NOTE: user iNNo auto-banned himself for this comment..
  • Haha. Punk you trolled me
  • iNNo
    131 posts Member
    haha wow that was fast, thread was moved to: OFF Topic if you wish to reply (shows as closed in general forums)
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    iNNo wrote: »
    haha wow that was fast, thread was moved to: OFF Topic if you wish to reply (shows as closed in general forums)

Yes, this thread belongs here. The "General discussion" section is for the community to discus general topics about Star Wars Battlefront. Anything off topic from that will be here. Thanks!
    May the force be with you.
  • peck71
    160 posts Member
    We all knew a server browser would be in Dice's main game, but why no love for star wars? Why no instant action? Or a complete Original Trilogy? When i watched the trilogy i remember Yoda, and Obi-Wan, and Chewbacca, and Jabba the Hutt, i remember a death star, and dagobah, and bespin, i also remember it was one of the biggest franchises of all time. So why give this franchise no love? Why hide content behind a paywall? Why no voice chat, or server browser? Why no single player, that's any fun? I know because they rushed it, and were busy making the new one, and making battlefield!!! I hope EA and Dice get very low sales for their next Battlefront game. Because after half azzing this one, nobody in their right mind will buy the next one. If anything i would get it used, so they get no sale from me. And we all know the new game will have all the things this game should of had on launch. Typical game market nowadays huh, push out your half finished game on hype. Make a fortune, and scramble to balance, and fix all the bugs, and try to get some content it was sorely lacking. And announce the new game before the current game is even up to AAA standards. I remember a time when a game didn't hit the shelves until it was complete, and bug free. What has happened to the gaming industry? Maybe instead of ripping customers off, these greedy companies should finish a game before starting 2 more? This explains why updates take forever. Why they couldn't fix the invincibility glitch. Why they shafted any single player game play. Why they gave us Greedo, and Nien Nunb. Why they are taking so long to get the DLC out. Maybe if the consumers stop buying their next game hoping it's better, and up to par. They wouldn't do this anymore, if the next game sales are low. So anyone who was upset about the lack of content, slow updates, game bugs, non iconic heroes, lack of voice chat, server browser, and not to mention the lack of communication with the consumers who pay their salaries, these forums are the last place you will get info from a developer. But don't worry Star Wars Battlefront II "Coming Soon" Just like your bug fixes, and offline content, and DLC. I used to think Dice was one of the better developers, but their lack of a quality product i find disturbing. And EA has always been the greedy push it out publisher. Maybe the Star Wars third person game coming from the developers of Titanfall will be good. Rant over. Don't forget to preorder Battlefield, and Battlefront II kids.
  • Solomace
    356 posts Member
    ^^^^

jOKavhh.jpg?1

Couldn't read it m8. Eyes were bleeding...

:wink:
  • peck71
    160 posts Member
    Sorry i was in rant mode. :)
  • Zach
    549 posts Member
    The reason there is no server browser in Battlefront is because DICE tried too hard to make something that stands out from Battlefield which is a disappointment. Had browsers been included though, everyone would be complaining about this game being a Battlefield Star Wars reskin
  • peck71
    160 posts Member
    No the reason they didn't include server browser, is because this isn't their flagship game. And they were busy working on Battlefield, and Battlefront II. And what about voice chat? Why in this day and age would you not give us communication? This is an online only game, mostly anyways. So why make us play with other people who we can't communicate with? And why only 4 maps on release? To make it a different from the old Battlefront? And why do they use the name Battlefront, if it's a different type of game? So all the old Battlefront fans would buy it. And they knew this, but didn't make it anything like the old game. Real title should of been Star Wars Beta Test. The next game will probably be way better than this one, but i won't buy it unless Dice get instant action for every game mode working on this game.
  • Zach wrote: »
    The reason there is no server browser in Battlefront is because DICE tried too hard to make something that stands out from Battlefield which is a disappointment. Had browsers been included though, everyone would be complaining about this game being a Battlefield Star Wars reskin

Did you even play the original Battlefronts? The original Battlefronts had classes, actual spawn points you could select, vehicle spawn points, server browser, the ability to rent a server and play it however you wanted. i.e. No heroes, no vehicles, no A.I. or with A.I. on a friggin PS2 console of all things. Re-skin my giblets. LOL

You seem like all the other uninformed young Bantha's talking out your snass. At least try to know what your talking about. Instead of throwing out some unsubstantiated Bolshevik. .l..
    luke.png