criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Battlefront 2

Pergorm_123
539 posts Member
edited May 2016
All I'm going to say is the New Republic better have a bigger part of this game than episode 7. Especially if its time frame is after that movie. It isn't unthinkable that after 7, the republic would start a massive militarization effort.
"There is emotion, yet peace, Ignorance yet knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force"

Replies

• Well what does "New Movies" mean? Prequels or Sequels? Prequels are "new" in terms of the Original Trilogy.
    I don't see how they could ever form a full game off of the latest trilogy when it hasn't even been finished yet, we hardly got a game out of the trilogy that's been around for 20+ years!
    Supporter of offline multiplayer! #soloplayersmatter
  • I would assume its a lazy way to say including everything else? I dont know. Im just saying I didnt like how Disney storygroup made the new republic into a wimp...I miss the EU
    "There is emotion, yet peace, Ignorance yet knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force"
  • I would assume its a lazy way to say including everything else? I dont know. Im just saying I didnt like how Disney storygroup made the new republic into a wimp...I miss the EU

At least I'm not the only one disappointed with Disney.
  • ChadDSolo
    1457 posts Member
    As long as the formula is...

Star Wars + Instant Action Content

Then I'm good
  • Or star wars + space battles+ instant action + galactic conquest and heroes?
  • ChadDSolo
    1457 posts Member
    Or star wars + space battles+ instant action + galactic conquest and heroes?

I'd take that also. That's a win/win all around.

Again...as long as the words 'instant' and 'action' in that order show up, I'm good...anything else is additional awesomeness.
  • Definitely. Better SP and offline co-op. That way they dont exclude a group of players
  • Whatever it is, you can bet your bottom dollar it's not going to live up to player expectations. Those that pre-order get what they deserve.

Why was the New Republic "a wimp" do you get that feeling from other sources (Comics) or the movie? They didn't seem all that bad to me, they just suffered from the same problems the Old Republic did. Corruption and a divided galaxy. Some people didn't want to be associated with the New Republic and the corruption reached some pretty high levels in the government. Any strength the New Republic very likely had was blown up with their planets.
    But I would like to think that they have several large fleets and loyal planets scattered about the place, like Naboo, potentially.
  • well, it was good while it lasted... and not even that good :) I refuse to fall into the yearly release cycles for this type of game just with the hopes they fix or add something that should've been there from day 1.
  • I see this as a chance for DICE to completely redeem themselves. Take what was developed in BF2 for the prequels and the talent at DICE to create something that we will love. Yes, this game NEEDS to be based on the prequels imo. By the time Battlefront 3 should come the sequel trilogy will be fully told. This is a chance for DICE to bring back the fun to battlefront. I've never had more fun in a star wars game than flying around in space battles taking out capital ships or running through Geonosis as Mace Windu destroying Hailfire Droids. This is a chance to show that theyve learned from their mistakes on Battlefront, bring back instant action, space battles,land vehicles, ships and the original class system that was pick up and play, loved it. The skin feature is flawed, skins should be planet/ environment specific( a reason why it is hard for Tantive IV to work in the new game). Please DICE learn from your mistakes and bring us a prequel battlefront that feels like the old games and not this flawed product you put out(credit where credit is due youre trying to fix the game with updates).
  • I just want the story to go like: the new republic suffers this attack in episode 7 but then rebuilds and openly fights alongside the resistance
  • Mike6908 wrote: »
    I see this as a chance for DICE to completely redeem themselves. Take what was developed in BF2 for the prequels and the talent at DICE to create something that we will love. Yes, this game NEEDS to be based on the prequels imo. By the time Battlefront 3 should come the sequel trilogy will be fully told. This is a chance for DICE to bring back the fun to battlefront. I've never had more fun in a star wars game than flying around in space battles taking out capital ships or running through Geonosis as Mace Windu destroying Hailfire Droids. This is a chance to show that theyve learned from their mistakes on Battlefront, bring back instant action, space battles,land vehicles, ships and the original class system that was pick up and play, loved it. The skin feature is flawed, skins should be planet/ environment specific( a reason why it is hard for Tantive IV to work in the new game). Please DICE learn from your mistakes and bring us a prequel battlefront that feels like the old games and not this flawed product you put out(credit where credit is due youre trying to fix the game with updates).

I agree with everything except the class system. I enjoy being able to customize my character, and I would like for them to improve on this feature greatly. I don't like the token system in it's current form. The hero tokens need to look like regular tokens, so it's a complete gamble whether or not you get one and the vehicle tokens should be changed like the Hero tokens as well.